After 24 years of working, I finally had the balls to call out sick on a Pay Friday

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I was always scared and feared I would be looked at as a liar so I always so chose days like Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday and Friday always looked too corny. But today I said fuck it, Im going to do and had a BEAUTIFUL FRIDAY

I was always scared and feared I would be looked at as a liar so I always so chose days like Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday and Friday always looked too corny. But today I said fuck it, Im going to do and had a BEAUTIFUL FRIDAY
Slacker.

Were you sick, or just screwing off?

Are your days PTO or "Sick"? If PTO, it's up to you; you can take a day off whenever you like.

If it is "sick," and you call off while not being sick, you have stolen a day's pay from your employer. You are guilty of fraud.

Sleep well.

I am not particularly virtuous, and I never did that from the first day I worked for pay until I finally retired, almost fifty years later. I can't remember the last time I took a sick day.

I was always scared and feared I would be looked at as a liar so I always so chose days like Tuesday and Wednesday.
So what you're saying here that you are a liar but you just don't wanna be recognized as a liar?

lolol....

Are your days PTO or "Sick"? If PTO, it's up to you; you can take a day off whenever you like.

If it is "sick," and you call off while not being sick, you have stolen a day's pay from your employer. You are guilty of fraud.

Sleep well.

I am not particularly virtuous, and I never did that from the first day I worked for pay until I finally retired, almost fifty years later. I can't remember the last time I took a sick day.
Dang, so many of you guys are ready to throw the first stone, while i know none of you are perfect. We are all humans, some, like Joe Biden voters are sub-human, but i am talking about the everyday Joe human, who has, lied to a kid or spouse, gone faster than the speed limit, didnt stop fully at a stop sign, ran a red light, and so on.
If you needed the sick time for personal reasons, then you were "sick" of working and needed a break.....

Dang, so many of you guys are ready to throw the first stone, while i know none of you are perfect. We are all humans, some, like Joe Biden voters are sub-human, but i am talking about the everyday Joe human, who has, lied to a kid or spouse, gone faster than the speed limit, didnt stop fully at a stop sign, ran a red light, and so on.
If you needed the sick time for personal reasons, then you were "sick" of working and needed a break.....
No, that’s what annual leave is for.

Sleep well.

whatever, I call out 3 times a year

I have to say my Wife of 33 years has never called in sick in Her life.
I on the other hand have done so many times.
She has a work ethic I've never seen before.
Your wife doesnt sound normal

Forum List

Back