Children's Books Moved to Adult Section In Libraries

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Alright, look, I'm all for this happening but now it seems like they're going overboard with this. I wonder if it's intentional to try and aggravate us. 🤨 (The sane ones.)

I understand why what's being done is being done, but at the end of the day, everyone is going to have their own opinion of what is considered line crossing material. I am not ashamed to admit that growing up I was a huge fan of the Stan and Jan Berenstain writing duo. Starting in 1993, which was the year that I turned eleven years old, they published chapter books of their bear family story and what went into that book series from them was most definitely more mature content, but in my opinion, was it anything that made the series too adult oriented for the children's section of the bookstores and library? I don't think so, but of course that is only my opinion.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The final book in their chapter series was released in 2000 which was the year that I graduated high school. I still have every single one of them. :) :) :)

I understand why what's being done is being done, but at the end of the day, everyone is going to have their own opinion of what is considered line crossing material. I am not ashamed to admit that growing up I was a huge fan of the Stan and Jan Berenstain writing duo. Starting in 1993, which was the year that I turned eleven years old, they published chapter books of their bear family story and what went into that book series from them was most definitely more mature content, but in my opinion, was it anything that made the series too adult oriented for the children's section of the bookstores and library? I don't think so, but of course that is only my opinion.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The final book in their chapter series was released in 2000 which was the year that I graduated high school. I still have every single one of them. :) :) :)

What was wrong with The Berenstain Bears? I can't remember any mature content. Could you give me any examples?

^^^ I was talking about the chapter book series on the bear characters that started in 1993. The content in there was definitely more mature compared to how Stan and Jan normally wrote about the characters. Oh, and in my opinion, there was nothing wrong with this part of their book writing. If anything, I hated to see that book series come to its end. Why did it end? I have no idea.

God bless you and their family always!!!

Holly

P.S. An example would be the book named The Berenstain Bears and the New Girl In Town. Brother Bear gets close to the new girl at his school and the challenge that they face is pretty much like the Romeo and Juliet story. They actually portray those two characters in a school play at the end of the book.

^^^ I was talking about the chapter book series on the bear characters that started in 1993. The content in there was definitely more mature compared to how Stan and Jan normally wrote about the characters. Oh, and in my opinion, there was nothing wrong with this part of their book writing. If anything, I hated to see that book series come to its end. Why did it end? I have no idea.

God bless you and their family always!!!

Holly

P.S. An example would be the book named The Berenstain Bears and the New Girl In Town. Brother Bear gets close to the new girl at his school and the challenge that they face is pretty much like the Romeo and Juliet story. They actually portray those two characters in a school play at the end of the book.

Oh, I didn't know that there was a chapter book series and it makes sense because I was only three years old when it came out.

Forum List

Back