Afghan Newlyweds Stoned To Death

Anyone here have Netflix?
If so...try watching the movie The Stoning Of Soraya.
Maybe once you see what a stoning really looks like...you might find some kind of understanding of the horror of it.

To me this whole stoning thing reminds me of the many lynchings that happened here to blacks in the south, a violent act by a group of people with no real authority to administer it.

So in your view, being black is just as bad as committing adultery?

If they were engaged to other people it is adultry but still, stoning is the correct punishment for that? I thought Islam was supposed to be a religion of peace, is stoning someone like this a peaceful thing to do, or is Islam not a peaceful religion and thats all just false rhetoric?

Whether or not it's correct is sort of in dispute, but I think it would be difficult to argue that it can never be used.

Islam is Islam and I can only speak for my understanding of it. I won't disagree with anyone who uses the "religion of peace" epithet nor with anyone who says that it isn't true.

If this is the way things are supposed to be, how come every Muslim country doesn't practicing stoning for adulterers? what about Turkey? Bahrain? Bangladesh? Libya? how come they don't stone adulterers there? this whole thing didn't seem like a sanctioned government act, just a bunch of angry people being vengeful, kind of like a lynching.

If this is the way things are supposed to be, how come every Muslim country doesn't practicing stoning for adulterers? what about Turkey? Bahrain? Bangladesh? Libya? how come they don't stone adulterers there? this whole thing didn't seem like a sanctioned government act, just a bunch of angry people being vengeful, kind of like a lynching.

There is no government today that practices Shari'ah in its uncorrupted form, and for that matter neither do the Taliban.

If the people carrying out the punishment view it as an act of vengeance then their view is incorrect; it should not be treated that way.

There is no government today that practices Shari'ah in its uncorrupted form, and for that matter neither do the Taliban.

If the people carrying out the punishment view it as an act of vengeance then their view is incorrect; it should not be treated that way.

If I were Muslim I wouldn't like shit like this happening because it gives the religion a bad name, just my opinion.

But were they correct?

No they were not, just like these villagers were incorrect.

Does that mean that adultery is no more serious than being black and nobody should care about it one way or the other?

Obviously adultery is different than being black, one is a race and the other is an act, I was just comparing the similiarities between this stoning and the numerous lyching that took place across the South of the US. I really don't think adultery should be a criminal offense though, thats the business of the people involved not the whole damn town.

Islam is Islam and I can only speak for my understanding of it. I won't disagree with anyone who uses the "religion of peace" epithet nor with anyone who says that it isn't true.

People don't understand that; "Islam is, what it is".

There isn't any "crunchy granola" version to to please western sensibilities. :cool:

Anyone here have Netflix?
If so...try watching the movie The Stoning Of Soraya.
Maybe once you see what a stoning really looks like...you might find some kind of understanding of the horror of it.

True ist is like being beaten to death. A lot of pain involved.
Dying from gunshot or even napalm is quicker.

Yes. Reading about it and actually seeing it in action is two different things. Your imagination can only come up with what your eyes read. Your eyes seeing, your ears hearing..that's another whole ballgame.
And yes, its Hollywood in action. Still, it gives the viewer a more visual connection to understanding what the women over there go through. And in this case, the man as well.
It's their country, yes. It's not our business. But as humans, we still have the option to feel shame and sorrow at what other humans do to each other over some book written by some guy that everyone follows as truth. This goes for any organized religion.

Obviously adultery is different than being black, one is a race and the other is an act, I was just comparing the similiarities between this stoning and the numerous lyching that took place across the South of the US.
Right, but you recognize that there's a fundamental difference between punishing someone for being born a certain way and punishing someone for willfully violating a contract and betraying a person they're supposed to love. That's all I'm saying.

I really don't think adultery should be a criminal offense though, thats the business of the people involved not the whole damn town.
So we have different beliefs that aren't likely to change through debate.

People don't understand that; "Islam is, what it is".

There isn't any "crunchy granola" version to to please western sensibilities. :cool:

And the only person who could speak for the entire religion died almost 1400 years ago (SAWS).

Actually I think Adultry should be the business of the whole damned town. Not for stoning purposes, but might help people behave a bit better if they were publically embaressed a bit more.

What happened to this couple was fucking terrible, how could so called religious people do this? fucking sick.

Call me callous but I have no sympathy for people who betray the trust of their spouses, particularly when they're aware of what such a betrayal entails. :gives:

:cuckoo: They were not married idiot. They were engaged to people chosen by their families, it was not adultery.

Last edited:
Oh those Muslims. They're a real barrel of laughs huh? Call me crazy but i just don't think it would be much fun living in a Muslim country. Those people is deranged. :(

Forum List

Back