Affirmative Action

Are you in favor of affirmative action?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters
Affirmative action is the govt mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in the history of the universe. The only racism left in america and all liberals support it.
Excuse me. I'm probably one of the biggest liberals on this site and I never supported AA. I know there is discrimination against women and people of visible minorities but AA is not the answer. Blankets statement will not help either.
Whats the answer to you? How do Black people compete with the 350 year head start whites guaranteed themselves?

Affirmative action is the govt mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in the history of the universe. The only racism left in america and all liberals support it.
Excuse me. I'm probably one of the biggest liberals on this site and I never supported AA. I know there is discrimination against women and people of visible minorities but AA is not the answer. Blankets statement will not help either.
Whats the answer to you? How do Black people compete with the 350 year head start whites guaranteed themselves?
First of all, I don't have all the answers. If people just treated everyone with dignity and respect regardless of skin colour or gender then that would be a step in the right direction.

First of all, I don't have all the answers. If people just treated everyone with dignity and respect regardless of skin colour or gender then that would be a step in the right direction.
Thats great as far as the social aspect and I agree wholeheartedly. What I am asking about is the economic discrepancies caused by the head start afforded whites. AA addresses that issue in a token manner as it really beneftis white women more than anyone else. How do Black people get the advantages that white people have enjoyed for centuries if they dont own the resources and the systems that govern them? Do they rely on the good will of white people and hope they like them enough to hire them?

Thats great as far as the social aspect and I agree wholeheartedly. What I am asking about is the economic discrepancies caused by the head start afforded whites. AA addresses that issue in a token manner as it really beneftis white women more than anyone else. How do Black people get the advantages that white people have enjoyed for centuries if they dont own the resources and the systems that govern them? Do they rely on the good will of white people and hope they like them enough to hire them?
In a part yes, hopefully as the years go by there are more white people who have good will towards visible minorities and judge them on their merits. If hiring practices are forced on people it may add resentment towards those minorities. You are correct when you state the economic discrepancies are clearly advantageous to the whites and I would also add, not just in the work force but the education. The better schools have more money. It's been a long upward climb for minorities and it will continue to be a challenge but forcibly giving the job to someone else is reverse discrimination and it only fuels more racism.

Too bad there wasn't a way to hide the indentity of a person when they went through the hiring process.

In a part yes, hopefully as the years go by there are more white people who have good will towards visible minorities and judge them on their merits. If hiring practices are forced on people it may add resentment towards those minorities. You are correct when you state the economic discrepancies are clearly advantageous to the whites and I would also add, not just in the work force but the education. The better schools have more money. It's been a long upward climb for minorities and it will continue to be a challenge but forcibly giving the job to someone else is reverse discrimination and it only fuels more racism.

Too bad there wasn't a way to hide the indentity of a person when they went through the hiring process.
Thanks for being honest. Its like I tell all my kids I work with and my own childeren. You simply have to be more resilient and outwork white people to reach the same level.

white people earned what they have , too bad if someone is jealous
No they didnt. They just had white boy AA for 350 plus years. Everyone knows that. Without the agricultural skills and physical strength of Black people the US would not have become an economic power.

sorry, we would be better off without you

everyone knows that :bye1:
White guys would be better off but not white women. Thanks for admitting once again you cannot compete.

There you go again. You'll be posting your usual tasteless photos. Have you no moral character at all? Don't you realize there's someone's daughter up in Virginia who's body has probably been found after probably being raped and murdered by one of your Black thug brothers? You're living proof of the depraved and degenerate nature of Blacks.

No they didnt. They just had white boy AA for 350 plus years. Everyone knows that. Without the agricultural skills and physical strength of Black people the US would not have become an economic power.

White guys would be better off but not white women. Thanks for admitting once again you cannot compete.

There you go again. You'll be posting your usual tasteless photos. Have you no moral character at all? Don't you realize there's someone's daughter up in Virginia who's body has probably been found after probably being raped and murdered by one of your Black thug brothers? You're living proof of the depraved and degenerate nature of Blacks.
No one I know has a white daughter raped by one of my brothers. We dont need to rape white women. They willingly give themselves to us.

No one I know has a white daughter raped by one of my brothers. We dont need to rape white women. They willingly give themselves to us.

You are totally without class.

You are totally without class.
Ok?

I don't know them either but I do respect and appreciate the loss of their little girl. I also respect women which you obviously do not.

I don't know them either but I do respect and appreciate the loss of their little girl. I also respect women which you obviously do not.
I have not a clue who you are talking about or why you think someone that is my brother did anything to anyone let alone a white girl who likes black men. I respect all women so obviously you are wrong.

A few thoughs:

Opinions on "affirmative action" are meaningless without a specific delineation of what is meant. AA can mean anything from strict, enforceable quotas to just ensuring that people in the targeted group are considered for whatever benefit is being conferred (admission to a school or program, a job, etc).

Compulsory AA is not appropriate for the pure private sector. Government is not God and if I own a business then it must be my right to employ and promote whomever I want, based on whatever criteria are most meaningful to me.

A "viable" AA program sets a target of achievement and establishes a process, developed in good faith, that is intended to achieve that target. If the computer engineering department of MIT wants African American males to hold down 6% of their faculty positions IN THE FUTURE, they can set up a plan that does that. It might take 4 generations to achieve success, but they could have a plan.

A "viable" AA program ensures that nobody gets the "carrot" who is not fully qualified. The Ferguson, MO police department can't just start going out and hiring black people for the force. Police officers have to be intelligent and articulate enough to write a coherent arrest report, to testify at trial, to read and understand changing principles of constitutional law, and to conduct themselves accordingly. So an uneducated, reformed gang-banger from the Hood just won't cut it.

As painful as it is, American Black people have to acknowlege the unpleasant fact that all around them there are people who are the victims of serious discrimination and are succeeding educationally, economically, and socially, through hard work and sacrifice. We have jews, Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, and even black-skinned people from Africa who are making a killing in spite of being the victim of racism and other forms of bigotry. So to suppose that they only way Black people can prevail is through some sort of government assistance is B.S.

Indeed, it is self-limiting B.S.

As painful as it is, American Black people have to acknowlege the unpleasant fact that all around them there are people who are the victims of serious discrimination and are succeeding educationally, economically, and socially, through hard work and sacrifice. We have jews, Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, and even black-skinned people from Africa who are making a killing in spite of being the victim of racism and other forms of bigotry. So to suppose that they only way Black people can prevail is through some sort of government assistance is B.S.

You forgot one important factor. None of those groups went through centuries of slavery and subsequent Jim Crow in this country. Black people did. The very fact that Africans can come over here and succeed should make that point very obvious to you.

You forgot one important factor. None of those groups went through centuries of slavery and subsequent Jim Crow in this country. Black people did. The very fact that Africans can come over here and succeed should make that point very obvious to you.

If that is indeed a fact, "that Africans can come over here and succeed". Why was AA even instituted? Are blacks that inferior that they cannot make it without the white man either giving them an advantage (because of skin color) or by dumbing down civil service exams so blacks can compete?

You are a strong advocate for how the black man has taught the white everything and how much the world owes the black man yet you concede that without programs like AA your people would be further behind in every socio-economic scale than they already are.

If that is indeed a fact, "that Africans can come over here and succeed". Why was AA even instituted? Are blacks that inferior that they cannot make it without the white man either giving them an advantage (because of skin color) or by dumbing down civil service exams so blacks can compete?

You are a strong advocate for how the black man has taught the white everything and how much the world owes the black man yet you concede that without programs like AA your people would be further behind in every socio-economic scale than they already are.
AA was supposedly instituted to correct historical inequities. What does that have to do with Africans coming over here and succeeding? They werent part of the US. That just proves my point that slavery and Jim Crow destroyed the Black family here in the US on top of giving white guys a head start.

Blacks are no more inferior than the white boys that got AA for 350 years. You needed to keep other races down in order to become successful and own everything. Without that help you would need AA right now.

AA was supposedly instituted to correct historical inequities. What does that have to do with Africans coming over here and succeeding? They werent part of the US. That just proves my point that slavery and Jim Crow destroyed the Black family here in the US on top of giving white guys a head start.

Blacks are no more inferior than the white boys that got AA for 350 years. You needed to keep other races down in order to become successful and own everything. Without that help you would need AA right now.

The black family destroyed the black family.

Time to take responsibility.

Nothing that happened 150 years can account for the violent acts of blacks today. They weren't looting in Ferguson because of slavery. Slavery isn't the reason why there are so many stupid blacks in this country.

Fact is the black family is worse off now than in the 1950's and 1960's.

In 1950, 17 percent of African-American children lived in a home with their mother but not their father. By 2010 that had increased to 50 percent. In 1965, only eight percent of childbirths in the Black community occurred out-of-wedlock. In 2010 that figure was 41 percent; and today, the out-of-wedlock childbirth in the Black community sits at an astonishing 72 percent. The number of African-American women married and living with their spouse was recorded as 53 percent in 1950. By 2010, it had dropped to 25 percent.

the head start is white superiority

thanks for admitting it

I have not a clue who you are talking about or why you think someone that is my brother did anything to anyone let alone a white girl who likes black men. I respect all women so obviously you are wrong.

Then you don't watch any news at all. Who said anything about the coed liking Black guys? That's a figment of your own porno mindset. You are obsessed with it. It comes up from you in every thread you engage in. The Virginia coed was raped and murdered by a Black guy who probably raped and murdered other whie college girls. You Blacks have a real perverse need to rape and murder white women. One day it's going to be open season on Black males.

Statics prove Blacks are inferior, you just won't accept proven facts. Black males drop out of school at an alarming rate while Black females tend to stay in school. That's a major reason for the decline in married Black women. What woman in her right mind would wish to be tied to an uneducated man who can't get a decent job? No woman wants to work and support a man.

Forum List

Back