Affirmative Action

Are you in favor of affirmative action?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters
[

While I don't support affirimitive action, I do support reparations. Until we pay what we owe it's an open wound that'll never heal.

What do we owe blacks?. Black slaves had a better life as slaves than they would have had in africa. If you think otherwise then explain why blacks did not all go back to africa when given freedom after Lincoln's War Against States Rights?

think

Affirmative action is the govt mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in the history of the universe. The only racism left in america and all liberals support it.
Biggest hate crime was the 350 years of government mandated white guy AA. White guys whining about AA is hilarious. Its like white people got a 20 mile head start in a marathon and are crying themselves to sleep over someone giving Blacks a cup of water at the 5 mile mark. Stop your whining white boy. Get off your ass and utilize the head start your ancestors gave you.

No, and I will give you one example. When I was going to university there was a big stink being made about how come office admin & secretaries were not making as much money as groundskeepers. The office jobs were mostly done by women and the groundskeeping jobs were done mostly by men. A few weeks later I applied for a groundskeeping job. After awhile I noticed it was still being advertised. I went in and asked that there are capable candidates, including myself, so why hasn't anyone been hired. The HR worker told me with all the controversy surrounding the inequality of sexes in specific gender role employment, that they would only hire a woman for the position. Despite all this fanfare no woman applied for the job.

I have other examples. Affirmative Action does not work.

[

I am opposed to reparations. I think it would be more just for blacks to be required to pay for the benefits of living in a civilization far superior to anything they have been able to create on their own.

It takes intelligence to run a civilization. Black majority countries are places where nothing is done well.

Yes indeed. Whites have done far far far more for blacks than blacks for whites. Even the black slaves of america 200 years ago had a far better life than they would have had in africa. Blacks cannot get beyond the stone age. If anything, blacks should give reparations to whites.

Wouldn't work. They'd have to go to the convenience store and use their SNAP card to get the cash to give to us and the store owner only gives them about 60 cents on the dollar when he gives them cash to buy booze and drugs with.

No, and I will give you one example. When I was going to university there was a big stink being made about how come office admin & secretaries were not making as much money as groundskeepers. The office jobs were mostly done by women and the groundskeeping jobs were done mostly by men. A few weeks later I applied for a groundskeeping job. After awhile I noticed it was still being advertised. I went in and asked that there are capable candidates, including myself, so why hasn't anyone been hired. The HR worker told me with all the controversy surrounding the inequality of sexes in specific gender role employment, that they would only hire a woman for the position. Despite all this fanfare no woman applied for the job.

I remember when the women gained the preferential treatment the Blacks had held the lock on. It really pissed the Blacks off for the jobs in the federal government to start to flow toward the women. If you were Black and a woman, you really had it made.

Affirmative action is the govt mandated persecution of white people and the biggest hate crime in the history of the universe. The only racism left in america and all liberals support it.

Highly qualified white males are the ones who have paid the price for AA.

"The Way to Stop Discrimination on the Basis of Race Is to Stop Discriminating on the Basis of Race."
-Chief Justice John Roberts

Affirmative Action doesn't help anyone. It discriminates against one, and lowers the bar instead of rewards hard work for the other.
Thats what Black people were saying for 350 years. Why didnt you take that same stance when white people were enjoying AA?
I did.
Why didnt you stop it? Better yet do you support the idea of reparations?

While I don't support affirimitive action, I do support reparations. Until we pay what we owe it's an open wound that'll never heal.

How would you ever determine exactly who owes reparations in any fair and equitable way? Thousands if not millions of immigrants have entered this country from Vietnam, China, Korea, the Middle East, South and Central America, etc., whose ancestors had no part in slavery, the Civil War, or any thing. Do they owe reparations for something to which they were no party to? Thousands of others have come here from Hati, Africia, and other Black nations that were never slaves in this country. Do these receive reparations? Most Southerners owned no slaves at all. Do they owe reparations even after loosing family members in the Civil War? Do we, as we do almost everything else, simply throw money at something else without first determining the eligibility of the recipients of such money as we do now with all the federal entitlement programs?

I remember when the women gained the preferential treatment the Blacks had held the lock on. It really pissed the Blacks off for the jobs in the federal government to start to flow toward the women. If you were Black and a woman, you really had it made.

Now you need to be a disabled lesbian in addition to being a black woman in order to reap the same unearned reward. Life is so unfair.

Affirmative Action doesn't help anyone. It discriminates against one, and lowers the bar instead of rewards hard work for the other.
Thats what Black people were saying for 350 years. Why didnt you take that same stance when white people were enjoying AA?
I did.

How would you ever determine exactly who owes reparations in any fair and equitable way? Thousands if not millions of immigrants have entered this country from Vietnam, China, Korea, the Middle East, South and Central America, etc., whose ancestors had no part in slavery, the Civil War, or any thing. Do they owe reparations for something to which they were no party to? Thousands of others have come here from Hati, Africia, and other Black nations that were never slaves in this country. Do these receive reparations? Most Southerners owned no slaves at all. Do they owe reparations even after loosing family members in the Civil War? Do we, as we do almost everything else, simply throw money at something else without first determining the eligibility of the recipients of such money as we do now with all the federal entitlement programs?

Furthermore, how would the Black African contribution to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade be accounted for? Many Blacks in Africa benefited from the slave trade, so surely an equal amount drawn from the American taxpayer would be demanded from African treasuries.

Biggest hate crime was the 350 years of government mandated white guy AA. White guys whining about AA is hilarious. Its like white people got a 20 mile head start in a marathon and are crying themselves to sleep over someone giving Blacks a cup of water at the 5 mile mark. Stop your whining white boy. Get off your ass and utilize the head start your ancestors gave you.

What, exactly, is the "white boy" supposed to do?

Highly qualified white males are the ones who have paid the price for AA.
If you call entry level jobs high qualified you just admitted to everyone you are a janitor.

What, exactly, is the "white boy" supposed to do?
Leverage the contacts with people already in the field they want to go into. Whatever you do dont cry yourself to sleep about a Black man getting a foot in the door. White guys should have thought of that while you were keeping Black people from having the ability to practice nepotism. Basically whites created a atmosphere where they allowed non qualified whites to get paid more and have access to jobs they didnt deserve for centuries.

I did.

Furthermore, how would the Black African contribution to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade be accounted for? Many Blacks in Africa benefited from the slave trade, so surely an equal amount drawn from the American taxpayer would be demanded from African treasuries.
It wouldnt. Africa has nothing to do with US.

Affirmative action has been a huge success

No reason to end it now

You do know that Europeans weren't the people who physically captured Blacks in Africa for the slave markets, don't you? Black people who were sold into slavery were captured/kidnapped by Blacks who then sold them to Europeans. On the strength of that, if any reparations were to be negotiated, it'd only be fitting to seek compensation from African treasuries as well. You'd get more money, too. Well, just a tiny bit, but every little counts, eh.

You do know that Europeans weren't the people who physically captured Blacks in Africa for the slave markets, don't you? Black people who were sold into slavery were captured/kidnapped by Blacks who then sold them to Europeans. On the strength of that, if any reparations were to be negotiated, it'd only be fitting to seek compensation from African treasuries as well. You'd get more money, too. Well, just a tiny bit, but every little counts, eh.
Europeans and Arabs also are not the US. Reparations would be paid by the US. Other continents and countries did not enslave US Blacks for centuries and destroy the Black family. Dont worry about the African nations. I have already been a recipient of their reparations.

In any event, I seriously doubt American Blacks will ever receive reparations for the suffering endured by Black slaves in N. America.

I doubt it as well. Its fun to talk about it but everyone knows you cant trust racist white people to be honorable towards Black people. They fear us and giving us reparations would be tantamount to admitting what they know in their hearts. They owe this country to the people who actually built it. Black people.

Forum List

Back