Adults Do Not Play Video Games

Personally speaking, I love playing with my remote controlled helicopter and I've enjoyed airsofting immensely when I've played it.
Never could get into airsoft. Love paintball. Airsoft has no marking system so it tends to be less regimented where paintball is more regimented.

First off, video games are nothing more than toys. They are for passing time, they are games, and they deal in fantasy. They are the very definition of what makes up a toy. Playing video games is no different than playing with Legos of Lincoln Logs.

Are these toys some more advanced than children's toys? I know that "gamers" will say yes. However, you have got o remember that kids 10-12 years old play the same video games that adults do and they play them just as well or better. I have kids and they have friends. Unfortunately I have to shell out money to buy these things. Occasionally I am subjected to having to play with them in the execution of dad duties.

Thus, "gamers" are spending hours playing with toys that are enjoyed regularly by children in the 10-12 year old age group.

Now imagine how it would be perceived if adults were playing with other toys routinely enjoyed by kids in the 10-12 year old age group. Here are some of those kiddie games and activities:

- riding bikes
- playing pretend war
- making and flying paper airplanes
- playing with toy cars and RC cars
- playing hide and seek
- throwing around a football
-playing dodgeball

If an adult were to regularly engage in these activities they would be referred to a mental health professional for an evaluation. They would most certainly be deemed a man-child or woman-child and appropriately shunned by society.

Thus, I submit that adults playing video games for the purpose of personal amusement have got something seriously wrong with them on a psychological and/or emotional level. One would think that something traumatic happened in their childhood to arrest their development, such as sexual abuse. But, frankly, childish behavior and immaturity seems to be widespread, and even embraced, by today's millennial kids.

Whatever the case, clearly we have failed our children and our nation by producing an entire generation of slobbering morons who still play with children's toys well into adulthood.

A few times in the summer I play video games - 2 of them.

In the winter, I play video games most all the time, when I am not at work or taking care of chores. I play video games - a submarine game and a military action game......then I work on my book I am writing.....my second one.

Play my submarine game, or my military action game and enjoy a beer ; but only during the winter.....and a few times of bad weather in the summer.

The games makes time go by faster, relaxes me, and the games are fun to enjoy. And I am in my 40s in age.

The Military action game - some of it is Dynamic ; meaning go in fast and shoot....... and some of it is slow - move slowly.....inch along and take out your target / adversary. Move fast......like you would in real life. Or move slow.......like an actual event where you sneak. Mix and match actual scenarios, but the only problem for some reason is with the naked eye of the character.....the enemy personnel cannot be seen unless I use the scope on the weapon I am carrying......and I get shot not knowing that the bad guy is even there. It might be a graphics, or a programming problem.

The submarine game.......is fun and lets one use strategy sometimes. Sonar - Radar - Stealth - Silent running. It is great.

Shadow 355

Adults, almost all of them, play games. The Pharoahs had games buried in their tombs with them. Sports in America are billion dollar industries. Game shows have been very popular since the beginning of television. Horseshoes, bowling, golf, biking, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, the Lottery. Gaming is probably THE one universal pastime of the human race. Video games simply extend this to a 3D world where anything is possible.

First off, video games are nothing more than toys. They are for passing time, they are games, and they deal in fantasy. They are the very definition of what makes up a toy. Playing video games is no different than playing with Legos of Lincoln Logs.

Are these toys some more advanced than children's toys? I know that "gamers" will say yes. However, you have got o remember that kids 10-12 years old play the same video games that adults do and they play them just as well or better. I have kids and they have friends. Unfortunately I have to shell out money to buy these things. Occasionally I am subjected to having to play with them in the execution of dad duties.

Thus, "gamers" are spending hours playing with toys that are enjoyed regularly by children in the 10-12 year old age group.

Now imagine how it would be perceived if adults were playing with other toys routinely enjoyed by kids in the 10-12 year old age group. Here are some of those kiddie games and activities:

- riding bikes
- playing pretend war
- playing hide and seek
-playing dodgeball

If an adult were to regularly engage in these activities they would be referred to a mental health professional for an evaluation. They would most certainly be deemed a man-child or woman-child and appropriately shunned by society.

Thus, I submit that adults playing video games for the purpose of personal amusement have got something seriously wrong with them on a psychological and/or emotional level. One would think that something traumatic happened in their childhood to arrest their development, such as sexual abuse. But, frankly, childish behavior and immaturity seems to be widespread, and even embraced, by today's millennial kids.

Whatever the case, clearly we have failed our children and our nation by producing an entire generation of slobbering morons who still play with children's toys well into adulthood.

A few times in the summer I play video games - 2 of them.

In the winter, I play video games most all the time, when I am not at work or taking care of chores. I play video games - a submarine game and a military action game......then I work on my book I am writing.....my second one.

Play my submarine game, or my military action game and enjoy a beer ; but only during the winter.....and a few times of bad weather in the summer.

The games makes time go by faster, relaxes me, and the games are fun to enjoy. And I am in my 40s in age.

The Military action game - some of it is Dynamic ; meaning go in fast and shoot....... and some of it is slow - move slowly.....inch along and take out your target / adversary. Move fast......like you would in real life. Or move slow.......like an actual event where you sneak. Mix and match actual scenarios, but the only problem for some reason is with the naked eye of the character.....the enemy personnel cannot be seen unless I use the scope on the weapon I am carrying......and I get shot not knowing that the bad guy is even there. It might be a graphics, or a programming problem.

The submarine game.......is fun and lets one use strategy sometimes. Sonar - Radar - Stealth - Silent running. It is great.

Shadow 355
I had to play Call of Duty with my son last night. But, he is 10.

Adults, almost all of them, play games. The Pharoahs had games buried in their tombs with them. Sports in America are billion dollar industries. Game shows have been very popular since the beginning of television. Horseshoes, bowling, golf, biking, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, the Lottery. Gaming is probably THE one universal pastime of the human race. Video games simply extend this to a 3D world where anything is possible.
Bullshit. Sports are sports. Games like chess challenge the intellect. Video games are mindless toys.

You are rationalizing your infantilism.

Or like watching football, right?

Wait?

Nope, same thing - you are just an idiot.
Typical mindless defensiveness.
Nope - just facts that you are going to be hard pressed to deal with in your denial.

I notice that you did not explain the difference in football and gaming.

Sort of troll like...

(reference to other thread)
Now you are stalking me around on this board. That is pure trolling behavior.

Wait?

Nope - just facts that you are going to be hard pressed to deal with in your denial.

Sort of troll like...

Nope. Just happened to come across this and noticed that your behavior was relevant to the other thread.

And BTW, we have all noticed that you still did not explain the difference in football and gaming.

Wait?

Sort of troll like...

Nope. Just happened to come across this and noticed that your behavior was relevant to the other thread.

And BTW, we have all noticed that you still did not explain the difference in football and gaming.
Why explain the difference? You jack-offs will just make more frivolous arguments purporting to prove the proposition that gamers are intellectually advanced and very active sexually. By the way, we all have noticed that you are neither!

Sort of troll like...

Why explain the difference? You jack-offs will just make more frivolous arguments purporting to prove the proposition that gamers are intellectually advanced and very active sexually. By the way, we all have noticed that you are neither!
Insults - the last bastion of the intellectually challenged.

Of note - you have still failed to identify the basic difference between a game and sports - particularly those that religiously watch the sport on TV but don't even play. But I guess they are not adults either...

- riding bikes
- playing pretend war
- playing hide and seek
-playing dodgeball

You're an idiot.

Adults are the main consumers of video games.

- riding bikes
- playing pretend war
- playing hide and seek
-playing dodgeball

You're an idiot.

Adults are the main consumers of video games.
Not what it means......... It's claiming that people who play any game that it doesn't give the stamp of approval to (in this instant, video games) are not grown up, are acting juvenile.

When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of video games & computer games. My parents forced me to study & stay away from them, but I really wanted to play them. As I've aged, videos games & computer games no longer bring me joy. I've played them, but it was like forcefully playing out of obligation. So, I just quit them. It just seemed stupid, pointless, boring, dull.

The same goes for cartoon. When you are a kid, you love watching cartoon. As you age, it is rather stupid & childish unless the theme is intended for the whole family like Disney cartoons. I still watched cartoon even when I was college age, but that was mostly because it was more convenient to watch than TV series. I was watching out of boredom, like "better to watch this than watch nothing at all". Like, my school had a cartoon club but had no TV series club. I was not even aware of Netflix back then. I also still played video game until like a year ago, but I don't play any video game or computer game at all these days. I don't watch any cartoon neither.

I think you have a point. It's about your soul growing tired of (or not tolerating) an immature range of cheap stimulation. However, as for the children, they are probably going to love them.

The Witcher 3 has some of the finest writing I've encountered. As a form of entertainment, I would much rather play it than sit idle watching a movie that doesn't have nearly as good of a plot nor the depth of character development.

I won't waste my time watching childish idiocy like "Scandal" or the other trash on TV, when truly well written entertainment is to be had in games.

Not what it means......... It's claiming that people who play any game that it doesn't give the stamp of approval to (in this instant, video games) are not grown up, are acting juvenile.

Yes, but it is irrelevant.

Video games are a mature and extremely well developed art form and form of entertainment. Rather than passive, they are interactive entertainment.

Yes, but it is irrelevant.

Video games are a mature and extremely well developed art form and form of entertainment. Rather than passive, they are interactive entertainment.
I know, just commenting on the (inappropriately) judgmental troll OP.........

When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of video games & computer games. My parents forced me to study & stay away from them, but I really wanted to play them. As I've aged, videos games & computer games no longer bring me joy. I've played them, but it was like forcefully playing out of obligation. So, I just quit them. It just seemed stupid, pointless, boring, dull.

The same goes for cartoon. When you are a kid, you love watching cartoon. As you age, it is rather stupid & childish unless the theme is intended for the whole family like Disney cartoons. I still watched cartoon even when I was college age, but that was mostly because it was more convenient to watch than TV series. I was watching out of boredom, like "better to watch this than watch nothing at all". Like, my school had a cartoon club but had no TV series club. I was not even aware of Netflix back then. I also still played video game until like a year ago, but I don't play any video game or computer game at all these days. I don't watch any cartoon neither.

I think you have a point. It's about your soul growing tired of (or not tolerating) an immature range of cheap stimulation. However, as for the children, they are probably going to love them.

The Witcher 3 has some of the finest writing I've encountered. As a form of entertainment, I would much rather play it than sit idle watching a movie that doesn't have nearly as good of a plot nor the depth of character development.

I won't waste my time watching childish idiocy like "Scandal" or the other trash on TV, when truly well written entertainment is to be had in games.
Some of the "finest writing" you have ever encountered, eh?

Er......,,,uh ...ummmmm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back