ACLU and "separation of church & state"

Jimmyeatworld said:
Is it really that difficult to understand? Ok, don't read more into this than what it is. I'm just using an example. I can encourage you to go to another board, saying that I don't think you are bringing anything of worth to this one. Does that mean you have to do it? Am I infringing on your right to come here and post what ever you want?

God has not imposed the duty for me to come here and post what ever I want. However, he has imposed a duty that I pray according to the dictates of my conscience and convictions. For any man to advise me regarding matters where I am forbidden to follow or even to consider his advice is a sin against God; and it is disrespectful of my duty to God; and it is an infringment upon my right to follow only the dictates of my conscience.

Jimmyeatworld said:
If something happens, like 9/11 or Katrina, and President Bush speaks to the public and encourages people to pray for the victims, he is not infringing on their religious beliefs, he is not demanding people to do anything, and he is not making an official statement that everyone must drop to their knees and pray to the Christian God. He's just asking people to pray. Those people can then pray or not.

If you prayed for the victims of 9/11 or Katrina because the government advised you to so, your prayers went to the Devil, not to God. Asking someone to pray implies a duty to do so.

The President should ask us to pray only if he believes God directs him to do so and he makes that very clear when he makes the request. He should say something like this: "I speak to you now - not as your President - but as a civilian with no civil authority or power whatsover. God has told me to ask you to pray and I now ask you to pray for ...." (that I be impeached, convicted and removed from office for being a liar and sorry pathetic excuse for a human being

FVF

FredVonFlash said:
Asking someone to pray implies a duty to do so.

You can't tell the difference between a request and a command? That explains why libs feel that confiscatory tax rates are the same as charity. It's all making sense now. Your brain was installed upside down.

FredVonFlash said:
The people I represent find me extremely useful.

You mean the various and sundry enemies of america and freedom? Talmudocorrupted jews, communists, and islamofascists?

rtwngAvngr said:
You can't tell the difference between a request and a command? That explains why libs feel that confiscatory tax rates are the same as charity. It's all making sense now. Your brain was installed upside down.

In matters of government authority over religion, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson saw no difference between a government recommendation and a command, and neither do I, nor should any Christian Patriot.

FVF

FredVonFlash said:
In matters of government authority over religion, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson saw no difference between a government recommendation and a command, and neither do I, nor should any Christian Patriot.

FVF

FVF=proud liberal

FVF="neither do I, nor should any Christian Patriot."

Who is now determining 'patriotism'? Isn't that what has been major whine of liberals?

rtwngAvngr said:
No. That's the ADL you're thinking of.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/docs/ADL/Jewishworldreview.html
In this manner, fighting "hate" became a euphemism for an attack on sexual morality, the traditional family, and the Jewish view that children deserve a loving father and mother, not two fathers or two mothers. It is only through a perverse notion of "tolerance" that support for traditional teaching about the family is intimidated, and condemned.

From same source.

There was a particular intolerance on the issue of church-state. The theory that freedom of religion require "strict separation of church and state" was transformed into hostility to any public display of religion in general, to Christianity in particular, and even to Judaism. I do not understand the logic of a Jewish organization expending its time and resources to forbid the public display of the chief gift of the Jews to civilization -- The Ten Commandments. Nor does it seem appropriate for us to engage in litigation to forbid another Jewish organization (Chabad) from displaying a Menorah on public property. I was told that such a display would encourage other religious groups, including Moslems, to exercise their right to similar displays.

Kathianne said:
FVF=proud liberal

FVF="neither do I, nor should any Christian Patriot."

Who is now determining 'patriotism'? Isn't that what has been major whine of liberals?

I am and what has been the whine?

Fred V. Flash

rtwngAvngr said:
The theory that freedom of religion require "strict separation of church and state" was transformed into hostility to any public display of religion in general, to Christianity in particular, and even to Judaism.

Please give me some examples of this hostility to any public display of religion in general, to Christianity and Judaism; and don't show me where the government was assuming athority over religion.

FVF

FredVonFlash said:
I am and what has been the whine?

Fred V. Flash

Living in a cave? Google it.

One example:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...ic&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=11&client=firefox-a

And THAT'S why they don't care. The house of cards isn't going to collapse because George Bush could literally declare himself Emperor and tear up the Constitution on live television and they wouldn't care--so long as they believed he was protecting American Culture and the American Way of Life.

That's why Sam Alito can stretch Article II of the Constitution under the "unitary executive" until the Constitution breaks--and still call himself a Strict Constructionist. Because he's not strict on law; he's strict on Culture.

And we would be shocked and appalled because we know that that document (and its friends) IS OUR WAY OF LIFE.

And when we became upset, they would call us unpatriotic.

FredVonFlash said:
Please give me some examples of this hostility to any public display of religion in general, to Christianity and Judaism; and don't show me where the government was assuming athority over religion.

FVF

No. Open your damn eyes, monkeynut.

Forum List

Back