according to NBC. You are living an alternative life style ...

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
If you are a straight married family with kids :cuckoo:

NBC: 23-Year-Old Olympic Freestyle Skier With Wife, Kid Living 'Alternative Lifestyle' | NewsBusters
NBC can't seem to keep its left-leaning slant out of its coverage of the Winter Olympics. One day after playing up Stalin's "palace for the people" in Moscow's metro system, the Big Three network's spotlighted how an American freestyle skier is living an "alternative lifestyle" – for being married at 23 and having a young daughter.

I love Love Bear threads because they can be deumbunked on page 1. Heres why they called it an "alternative lifestyle"

David Wise is at the top of his sport. He’s always smiling among his friends and competitors, however, he’s not like the rest of the field. He is mature.

Not to say the rest of the freestyle skiers of halfpipe are not mature, but Wise is mature far beyond his years. At only twenty-three years old, he has a wife, Alexandra, who was waiting patiently in the crowd, and together they have a two-year-old daughter waiting for them to return to their home in Reno, Nevada.

At such a young age, Wise has the lifestyle of an adult. He wears a Baby Bjorn baby carrier around the house. He also attends church regularly and says he could see himself becoming a pastor a little later down the road.

Not exactly the picture you had in mind while watching him nail two double corks wearing baggy pants.

Wise is, well, wise. He knows where his head should be at all time, focused on being the best father and husband he can be. Then comes skiing.

“I think my lifestyle — the fact that I have a little girl to take care of and a wife — really takes the pressure off of my skiing, because first and foremost I have to be a good husband and father.”

- See more at: | NBC Olympics

As you can see they are applauding him for being more mature than the other youngsters there and his "alternative lifestyle" is different than the single youngsters with no kids and responsibilities.

Awww Love Bear. Bringing the Stupid again. Good job!

Right, that's the whole point!

They are acting like this is big news to find a younger couple actually working and raising a family.

INSTEAD of saying that IS or SHOULD BE the norm; and the people NOT working and still depending on parents IS NOT NORMAL ADULT BEHAVIOR.

"Correspondent Skyler Wilder underlined how David Wise, who won the gold medal in the half pipe on Tuesday, is "mature far beyond his years....At such a young age, Wise has the lifestyle of an adult. He wears a Baby Bjorn baby carrier around the house."
Twenty-three is "such a young age?" Perhaps the network is following ObamaCare's definition of "children", which includes those aged 18 to 26.

Read more: NBC: 23-Year-Old Olympic Freestyle Skier With Wife, Kid Living 'Alternative Lifestyle' | NewsBusters

I love Love Bear threads because they can be deumbunked on page 1. Heres why they called it an "alternative lifestyle"

David Wise is at the top of his sport. He’s always smiling among his friends and competitors, however, he’s not like the rest of the field. He is mature.

Not to say the rest of the freestyle skiers of halfpipe are not mature, but Wise is mature far beyond his years. At only twenty-three years old, he has a wife, Alexandra, who was waiting patiently in the crowd, and together they have a two-year-old daughter waiting for them to return to their home in Reno, Nevada.

At such a young age, Wise has the lifestyle of an adult. He wears a Baby Bjorn baby carrier around the house. He also attends church regularly and says he could see himself becoming a pastor a little later down the road.

Not exactly the picture you had in mind while watching him nail two double corks wearing baggy pants.

Wise is, well, wise. He knows where his head should be at all time, focused on being the best father and husband he can be. Then comes skiing.

“I think my lifestyle — the fact that I have a little girl to take care of and a wife — really takes the pressure off of my skiing, because first and foremost I have to be a good husband and father.”

As you can see they are applauding him for being more mature than the other youngsters there and his "alternative lifestyle" is different than the single youngsters with no kids and responsibilities.

ha ha how funny
I had posted a thread on headlines we'll never see.

And yes, this is a "shocker." Someone getting attention for actually being responsible
as younger parents with family? And juggling all the things they love to do?

Given how badly our society has deteriorated, now THIS makes a news story online!

If you are a straight married family with kids :cuckoo:

NBC: 23-Year-Old Olympic Freestyle Skier With Wife, Kid Living 'Alternative Lifestyle' | NewsBusters
NBC can't seem to keep its left-leaning slant out of its coverage of the Winter Olympics. One day after playing up Stalin's "palace for the people" in Moscow's metro system, the Big Three network's spotlighted how an American freestyle skier is living an "alternative lifestyle" – for being married at 23 and having a young daughter.

23 with a wife and kid is not the norm and when you compare it to his team mates it again is not the norm. Whether it should be is a different topic all together.

23 with a wife and kid is not the norm and when you compare it to his team mates it again is not the norm. Whether it should be is a different topic all together.

yes, but what's wrong with him? (-:

Nothing he's really mature at that age.

OH! So, then, there's nothing wrong with an alternative lifestyle if that's what works for you and you're not hurting anyone? And the leftist media was not criticizing him for not being a bi, pot smoking hipster?

Never heard of a responsible adult raising a child and being married being referred to as "alternative lifestyle".

yes, but what's wrong with him? (-:

Nothing he's really mature at that age.

OH! So, then, there's nothing wrong with an alternative lifestyle if that's what works for you and you're not hurting anyone? And the leftist media was not criticizing him for not being a bi, pot smoking hipster?
I'm seriously!

Maybe it was that that whole deal with attending church and possibly pursuing a career as a pastor.

How alternative! :rolleyes:

CaféAuLait;8657194 said:

Never heard of a responsible adult raising a child and being married being referred to as "alternative lifestyle".

When comparing him to others his ag...

You know what fine. Be offended. Shit.

This is the result when the media attempts humor via irony. Twain and Menckin had similar problems with this.

I fail to see any humor, really. If this was a young female athlete or even one of color that the article spoke of, it would have been taken as a slur implying that every other young athlete of color or female is not responsible and mature by labeling this athletes choice as an "alternative lifestyle", implying he is one of few.

It implies to me that every athlete out there, married and young such as footballers, track stars, basketball players, baseball, hockey, etc. who are married with children are irresponsible in my opinion.

Forum List

Back