ACA and the stock market

The market dropped yesterday -$160 on the ACA SCOTUS ruling. It only climbed after Europe closed & they announced their fiscal union plans.

They dropped far more because of Europe and gained far more because of Europe.

The corporations who are going to make beaucoup bucks from ACA are tanking the market.

Stocks do 9 times better with a Democrat in the White House....

While Republicans promote themselves as the friendliest party for Wall Street, stock investors do better when Democrats occupy the White House. From a dollars- and-cents standpoint, it’s not even close.

The BGOV Barometer shows that, over the five decades since John F. Kennedy was inaugurated, $1,000 invested in a hypothetical fund that tracks the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) only when Democrats are in the White House would have been worth $10,920 at the close of trading yesterday.

That’s more than nine times the dollar return an investor would have realized from following a similar strategy during Republican administrations. A $1,000 stake invested in a fund that followed the S&P 500 under Republican presidents, starting with Richard Nixon, would have grown to $2,087 on the day George W. Bush left office.

Stocks Return More With Democrat in White House: BGOV Barometer - Bloomberg

Stocks do 9 times better with a Democrat in the White House....

While Republicans promote themselves as the friendliest party for Wall Street, stock investors do better when Democrats occupy the White House. From a dollars- and-cents standpoint, it’s not even close.

The BGOV Barometer shows that, over the five decades since John F. Kennedy was inaugurated, $1,000 invested in a hypothetical fund that tracks the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) only when Democrats are in the White House would have been worth $10,920 at the close of trading yesterday.

That’s more than nine times the dollar return an investor would have realized from following a similar strategy during Republican administrations. A $1,000 stake invested in a fund that followed the S&P 500 under Republican presidents, starting with Richard Nixon, would have grown to $2,087 on the day George W. Bush left office.

Stocks Return More With Democrat in White House: BGOV Barometer - Bloomberg
You're Jrunk how the market does is not even an economical indicator.

My goodness, we were assured by all the 'Conservatives' that the market was going to tank because of the political implications of the SC upholding the ACA.

And tank it did, to the tune of +277:badgrin:

links? I haven't read any "Conservatives" saying that the market was going to tank because of Obamacare....

My goodness, we were assured by all the 'Conservatives' that the market was going to tank because of the political implications of the SC upholding the ACA.

It went down after the decision, and went up after Europe made its fake announcement of a bailout, yet you are insisting it went up as a result of Obamacare.

Old Rocks did you know that about 80-90% of rhe Stock Markets volume is done by automatic computer trading?

That means that the stock market isn't driven by humans, but by robots!

It's all a scam, just like global warming.

So then the republican claim that US would be immediately destroyed by SCOTUS upholding Obamacare was not only bullshit, but indicates that every republican and pundit is scamming us?

no on said, immediatly...
but the long term impact is coming

It went down after the decision, and went up after Europe made its fake announcement of a bailout, yet you are insisting it went up as a result of Obamacare.

It didn't go down because of the decision. The futures were down before the decision was announced.

Old Rocks did you know that about 80-90% of rhe Stock Markets volume is done by automatic computer trading?

That means that the stock market isn't driven by humans, but by robots!

It's all a scam, just like global warming.

So then the republican claim that US would be immediately destroyed by SCOTUS upholding Obamacare was not only bullshit, but indicates that every republican and pundit is scamming us?

:eusa_boohoo:

:dance:

:eusa_boohoo::dance:

Stephanie has two futures with this. (1) GOP cleans up and they repeal it. (2) GOP does not clean up, and a process of revise and reform will continue.

This looks like another plants vs. zombies thread. O.R. went troll-fishing, under the bridge, and a whole lot of zombie-trolls jumped right up.

Stocks are like OTC derivatives; they have no real value. Value is failing, so Obamneycare or not, the price/value quotient is taking off. When the climate fucks up, zombie-wingnuts, fires burn, seas rise, storms rage, and your zombie asses will catch on fire.

Fire is not your friend. Neither is Woody Harrelson.

It didn't go down because of the decision. The futures were down before the decision was announced.

The Dow fell about 100 points a minute after the decision.

I don't give a fuck who predicted what.

You don't understand how the stock market works.

Why do you say that?

Read the other posts in this thread and you have your answer.

I did. He got it right IMO. Stocks did pretty much as expected. This ruling is a minor piece of news, at least for the market. I expected the market to fall if it ruled in favour of Obama, and it did. Then, I expected the market to have forgotten it by the next day. In fact, the market forgot it within a few hours as rumours of a deal in Europe caused the market to recover most of its losses by the close. So anyone saying that this was a major market-moving event was incorrect, which is how I read the OP.

Forum List

Back