ACA and the stock market

My goodness, we were assured by all the 'Conservatives' that the market was going to tank because of the political implications of the SC upholding the ACA.

And tank it did, to the tune of +277:badgrin:

It went down after the decision, and went up after Europe made its fake announcement of a bailout, yet you are insisting it went up as a result of Obamacare.

It didn't go down because of the decision. The futures were down before the decision was announced.

You are a stock expert now? Amazing.

Why do you say that?

Read the other posts in this thread and you have your answer.

I did. He got it right IMO. Stocks did pretty much as expected. This ruling is a minor piece of news, at least for the market. I expected the market to fall if it ruled in favour of Obama, and it did. Then, I expected the market to have forgotten it by the next day. In fact, the market forgot it within a few hours as rumours of a deal in Europe caused the market to recover most of its losses by the close. So anyone saying that this was a major market-moving event was incorrect, which is how I read the OP.

I agree with most of that, but the OP tried to tie the rise in the market to Obamacare.

My goodness, we were assured by all the 'Conservatives' that the market was going to tank because of the political implications of the SC upholding the ACA.

And tank it did, to the tune of +277:badgrin:

Anyone who Claimed that does not know much about the Market. The Market though Called Gamblers by Most, Tends to expect the Worst. For the Most Part the Idea That Obamacare would be Law has already been Factored into the Market.

To suggest that the Market went up in response to the Ruling is Ludicrous.

Forum List

Back