AbuGrab take 2? Will the left persecute Obama like they did Bush?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
NYT: U.S. Condemns Photos of Soldie

KABUL - Photographs apparently showing United States soldiers posing with body parts of dead insurgents drew strong condemnation on Wednesday from American officials including Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta and the commander of international forces in Afghanistan.

The Los Angeles Times published on the front page of its early editions a photograph of what it described as a soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division with a dead insurgent's hand on his shoulder. It said the photograph was one of 18 of soldiers posing with the corpses of insurgent fighters given to the newspaper by a soldier who served in Afghanistan with the 82nd Airborne's Fourth Brigade Combat Team from Fort Bragg, N.C. The newspaper said the Afghan died planting a bomb, citing police.

My how the tables have turned....

KABUL - Photographs apparently showing United States soldiers posing with body parts of dead insurgents drew strong condemnation on Wednesday from American officials including Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta and the commander of international forces in Afghanistan.

The Los Angeles Times published on the front page of its early editions a photograph of what it described as a soldier from the Army's 82nd Airborne Division with a dead insurgent's hand on his shoulder. It said the photograph was one of 18 of soldiers posing with the corpses of insurgent fighters given to the newspaper by a soldier who served in Afghanistan with the 82nd Airborne's Fourth Brigade Combat Team from Fort Bragg, N.C. The newspaper said the Afghan died planting a bomb, citing police.

It's ok now as we're doing it for all the right reasons.

Don't hold your breath for the NY Slimes to post any pics and run em for months on end. Don't hold your breath for all the editorials and front page stories in 8 inch letterhead.

After all Barry is the Prez now and we all know it ain't his fault. LOL

There's nothing wrong with what these soldiers did. They took photographs of suicide bomber's body parts. If widely enough publicized it might give the next suicide bomber second thoughts. "Do I really want to have a picture of my head under the boot of an American GI?"

• Banned
There's nothing wrong with what these soldiers did. They took photographs of suicide bomber's body parts. If widely enough publicized it might give the next suicide bomber second thoughts. "Do I really want to have a picture of my head under the boot of an American GI?"

You're assuming a suicide bomber uses logic and reason eh?

Funny stuff

obama-crying-cries-sad-obama-sad-hill-news.jpg

Obama: First let me say, it's Bush's fault. Now what was the question?

The pictures at Abu Ghraib were pictures of soldiers posing with live prisoners being tortured and humiliated (AND a photo of one that they had tortured to death). This is different. Disgusting, and a sad showing of the callousness of members of our military, but inherently different.

Your post is as dumb as the actions of those soldiers. Abu Gharib was about actions under a policy that condoned torture. This is about actions taken by soldiers under combat conditions that do not involve live opponents. Dumb actions, since they create even more animosity.

The fact that you even try to equate this with the actions at Abu Gharib is an indiction of the lack of morality on your part.

• Banned
The pictures at Abu Ghraib were pictures of soldiers posing with live prisoners being tortured and humiliated (AND a photo of one that they had tortured to death). This is different. Disgusting, and a sad showing of the callousness of members of our military, but inherently different.

It's no different in the eyes of our enemies.

You're assuming a suicide bomber uses logic and reason eh?

Funny stuff

They do use logic and reason, their own. They also have a very keen sense of humiliation.

Your post is as dumb as the actions of those soldiers. Abu Gharib was about actions under a policy that condoned torture. This is about actions taken by soldiers under combat conditions that do not involve live opponents. Dumb actions, since they create even more animosity.

The fact that you even try to equate this with the actions at Abu Gharib is an indiction of the lack of morality on your part.

Yes, lecture me about the morality of life oh wise leftist.

No it doesn't, and it says a lot about us as people, but Abu Ghraib was all about the questionable
interrogation practices allowed to be implemented (amd encouraged, we found out) by the Bush administration. THAT is why he was in the hot seat when those pictures emerged. How does this set of pictures reflect on Obama... did he require the soldiers to take these pictures in order to get false intelligence out of them like they did at Abu Ghraib? Was this the result of one of his policies? I don't see the connection to Obama that you referred to in the title.

Last edited:

HA good point.

What I am seeing from the left so far in here is that if the enemy is dead, fuck him.

1. Where are you "seeing" that?
2. The guy blew himself up... dead usually happens when you do that.
3. These pictures are disgusting and the soldiers should be punished severely. Duh.

What exactly is your pea brain trying to say with your post?

Really??? Since Nancy said that she was going to "drain the swamp", lets take a look at the score card:

1. Fast and Furious - An attempt to circumvent 2nd Amendment rights and make gun stores on the border the bad guys, wind up killing a border patrol agent. Holder, Napolitano, and others can't build the wall high or thick enough. The media: A pass to this administration.
2. GSA - Apprently, the White House knew of the $800,000+ conference in 2011. And now they have faux outrage over this government agency spending tax money on crap. The media: A pass to this administration.
3. Secret Service Scandal - 21 members of the Secret Service and military caught because they didn't pony up the $47.00 for a hooker. How many of us believe that this is just a 'one time' thing? The media: A pass to this administration.
4. The New Black Panther Party - Intimidation at a polling place; photographs of the head of this terrorist organization with handguns even though he's a twice convicted felon; and a bounty on Zimmerman's head. Penalty? Holder says that he has more in common with them than the police. The media: A pass to this administration.
5. The Gibson Guitar Fiasco - Raids at Gibson Guitar because they purchased UN unauthorized wood. Since when do we enforce UN resolutions? How it stands: Wood not returned and no charges filed. The media: A pass to this administration.
6. Insider Trading - members of Congress getting rich off of trading knowledge they get because of their positions. Not until a CONSERVATIVE brings this to the fore front does anyone care. The media: A pass to this administration.
7. Income Tax Evasion - What does Al Capone, Timothy Geitner and Katherine Sabillus (SP?) have in common? They all evaded paying taxes. The thing they don't have in common is that Tim and Katherine get a pass. Al spends time in Alcatraz. The media: A pass to this administration.

There is more, but for those on the left, nothing will tarnish the luster on Barry's mystique...

No it doesn't, and it says a lot about us as people, but Abu Ghraib was all about the questionable
interrogation practices allowed to be implemented (amd encouraged, we found out) by the Bush administration. THAT is why he was in the hot seat when those pictures emerged. How does this set of pictures reflect on Obama... did he require the soldiers to take these pictures in order to get false intelligence out of them like they did at Abu Ghraib? Was this the result of one of his policies? I don't see the connection to Obama that you referred to in the title.

Google "extraordinary rendition" and learn a thing to two. Torture is very much still encouraged by this administration, party in power is meaningless. We'll still happily send our terror suspects to Egypt and Saudi Arabia to have their finger nails pulled off and their bodies electrocuted.

But brown muslims torturing other brown muslims doesn't sell magazines, even if the U.S. is the reason for it.

Last edited:

Dare I ask...

Where the heck do you get your information from?

Forum List

Back