AbuGrab take 2? Will the left persecute Obama like they did Bush?

Asshole. Torture was a Bush policy. Murder of civilians is not a policy of President Obama.

What the hell are all these unmanned drone strikes that liberals love so dearly? Are those fair trials? Do they only kill terrorists?

Are you under some delusion that I love collateral damage? I don't. But I'll take a smart drone strike instead of saturation bombing any day of the week.

What you morons don't understand is that I want us to kill al Qaeda scum. They're the ones who did 9/11. Remember? If we can do so without putting our troops at risk, and minimize "collateral damage" good.

Bush On Bin Laden: ‘I Really Just Don’t Spend That Much Time On Him’. Thank God we have an adult in the Whitehouse now.

You must be referring to Marian Robinson. So far, she's maintained personal decorum and managed to do the job of raising two children without having to use them as some kind of prop.

Asshole. Torture was a Bush policy. Murder of civilians is not a policy of President Obama.

What the hell are all these unmanned drone strikes that liberals love so dearly? Are those fair trials? Do they only kill terrorists?

Are you referring to the drone strikes that obama and his cronies so proudly tout?

Yes, if it's an unmanned drone that blows things up resulting in civilian deaths, it's a moral way to fight a war.

Simply put a chair in that jet and have a human pushing the launch button at the same target from inside the jet, IMMORAL AND DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you referring to the drone strikes that obama and his cronies so proudly tout?

Yes, if it's an unmanned drone that blows things up resulting in civilian deaths, it's a moral way to fight a war.

Simply put a chair in that jet and have a human pushing the launch button at the same target from inside the jet, IMMORAL AND DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rather a cowardly way to take on an enemy, those drones. It's like carpet bombing some city simply because that city hosts manufacturing facilities. Heck, how do we know that those terrorists aren't killing their own and blaming it on Bush policies?

Are you under some delusion that I love collateral damage? I don't. But I'll take a smart drone strike instead of saturation bombing any day of the week.

What you morons don't understand is that I want us to kill al Qaeda scum. They're the ones who did 9/11. Remember? If we can do so without putting our troops at risk, and minimize "collateral damage" good.

Bush On Bin Laden: ‘I Really Just Don’t Spend That Much Time On Him’. Thank God we have an adult in the Whitehouse now.
Saturation bombing?

What is this? Vietnam and carpet bombing?

We have been using smart bomb technology since the first gulf war. Other than a computer error, miscommunication or a catastrophic malfucntion, the only collateral damage has been civilians INSIDE of or near the tareget being used as human sheilds.

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Bush ordered torture of live prisoners.

Are you crazy rw's really saying that President Obama ordered these photos be taken?

All these non-issues the right is yammering about really shows how desperate they are and they just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Let's digress.

When a republican holds the reigns. Any activity that doesn't belong on the battlefield is his sole responsibility.

Conversely when a dem holds the power it is imperative to attack those pointing out current depravity.

And you idiots claiming I was looking for the left to defend this activity, well....you hit a 9 on a par 4. I was looking to see if you would hold OBAMA to the same standard as Bush. You see while depravity may have different levels to us the resulting outrage by our enemies will be no different. I remember the mantra like it was yesterday..."we are just creating more terrorists" yet I'm sure they will just look at this as if Mohammed just fucked up so he deserved it right?

Your shallowness and hypocrisy is on display for all to see in this thread.

Are you crazy rw's really saying that President Obama ordered these photos be taken?

All these non-issues the right is yammering about really shows how desperate they are and they just keep getting dumber and dumber.

wrong asshole.

Bush approved of waterboarding by professional interrogators on particualr high profile prisoners.

He never ordered military subordinates to strip prisoners down and have dogs scare them.

Asshole....learn what you are debating before you debate.

Let's digress.

When a republican holds the reigns. Any activity that doesn't belong on the battlefield is his sole responsibility.

Conversely when a dem holds the power it is imperative to attack those pointing out current depravity.

And you idiots claiming I was looking for the left to defend this activity, well....you hit a 9 on a par 4. I was looking to see if you would hold OBAMA to the same standard as Bush. You see while depravity may have different levels to us the resulting outrage by our enemies will be no different. I remember the mantra like it was yesterday..."we are just creating more terrorists" yet I'm sure they will just look at this as if Mohammed just fucked up so he deserved it right?

Are you trying to blame Obama even though you didn't blame Bush?

Speaking of non issues. The war on women would like a word with you. Also the UE numbers and stagnant economy would also like to be discussed.

Let's digress.

No, I'm looking to see if you will.

Let's digress.

Typical reading comprehension problem: I read that he's suggesting that the lefties are failing to apply the same standard of blame to obama that they did to Bush. The question appears to be, why don't you blame obama like you blamed Bush?

As stupid and tasteless as I find what these soldiers did, only a complete idiot would compare it to "AbuGrab"[sic]. Where's the torture?

This my friends is how Obama escapes accountability.

Deflection.
While I voted for Obama he was not my first choice (Kucinich was). And while I consider Obama to be a vast improvement over George W. Bush (for reasons I will gladly explain) I've become increasingly disappointed in his performance and have written to inform him of why I will not vote for him again (I will write-in someone (like Nader) whom I believe in).

And while I agree with you that the autonomously aberrant conduct of some of our combat troops will reflect badly on all Americans in the eyes of the world, the spontaneous nature of these isolated incidents do not in any way compare with the organized, systematic, sadistic malice inherent in the Abu Ghraib inquisitions (et al) which were conceived and deliberately executed by the Bush Administration. So unless it can be shown that Obama had some advance awareness that such incidents would take place it is grossly disingenuous to compare the two situations.

Also, it is important to keep in mind that military combat conditions are best described as organized insanity which unavoidably will result in abnormal behavior on the part of many who are routinely exposed to it -- some moreso than others. So it would be unfair to focus the blame for these egregious behaviors on the offending troopers. They are reacting to prolonged psychopathic input. Their reference to civilized behavior has been distorted.

The pictures at Abu Ghraib were pictures of soldiers posing with live prisoners being tortured and humiliated (AND a photo of one that they had tortured to death). This is different. Disgusting, and a sad showing of the callousness of members of our military, but inherently different.

It's no different in the eyes of our enemies.

I believe you are right; this adds fuel to the fire.

I just love it when a bunch of CIA's (Civilian in America) talk about what is accepted and what is not accepted in a freakin war and how soldiers are going to or should act.

A Korean War vet at one of the hospitals I sometimes visit, was talking to me about a North Korean soldier. The vet's unit had been under particularly heavy engagement for almost five days. They had slept probably less than 4 hours and had eaten once. During one engagement, a North Korean soldier had charged toward their position and they shot him right through the forehead. Somehow, this guy just leans forward and with his rifle propping him up, he just stands there looking at them with this menacing grimace on his face. Dead as hell, the top of his head missing, but he's still standing. They looked out and saw this guy and it just struck them as hysterical. Braving sniper fire, two guys crawl out and put his hat back on his head AND they put this little flower in his breast pocket. They named him Charlie. When they were relieved, a Lt. Colonel crawls up to their position and sees Charlie (who is starting to get a little ripe). He just smiled and shook his head. While he was telling me this, he's laughing so hard he almost can't tell the story.

You don't know what happens to someone under that kind of emotional and physical stress. We cope with things differently. What those guys did may be 'inappropriate' to you but let's remember that these 'body parts' are of suicide bombers and insurgents who were killed during action. Somehow, for the son-a-bitch who shot at me, I really don't have much sympathy if they are blown to bits.

Call me insensitive...

I just love it when a bunch of CIA's (Civilian in America) talk about what is accepted and what is not accepted in a freakin war and how soldiers are going to or should act.

A Korean War vet at one of the hospitals I sometimes visit, was talking to me about a North Korean soldier. The vet's unit had been under particularly heavy engagement for almost five days. They had slept probably less than 4 hours and had eaten once. During one engagement, a North Korean soldier had charged toward their position and they shot him right through the forehead. Somehow, this guy just leans forward and with his rifle propping him up, he just stands there looking at them with this menacing grimace on his face. Dead as hell, the top of his head missing, but he's still standing. They looked out and saw this guy and it just struck them as hysterical. Braving sniper fire, two guys crawl out and put his hat back on his head AND they put this little flower in his breast pocket. They named him Charlie. When they were relieved, a Lt. Colonel crawls up to their position and sees Charlie (who is starting to get a little ripe). He just smiled and shook his head. While he was telling me this, he's laughing so hard he almost can't tell the story.

You don't know what happens to someone under that kind of emotional and physical stress. We cope with things differently. What those guys did may be 'inappropriate' to you but let's remember that these 'body parts' are of suicide bombers and insurgents who were killed during action. Somehow, for the son-a-bitch who shot at me, I really don't have much sympathy if they are blown to bits.

Call me insensitive...

The above line is why civilians need to take a more grown up thought process to considering ALL aspects of war before approving of it and hoping gov't goes to additiional future wars.

We know politicians and gov't bureacrats don't give a shit about that stuff, but we civilians should.

Obama isn't responsible for this, nor was Bush responsible for Abu Ghraib, except for the US being there in the first place. Bush WANTED the Iraq war, REMEMBER? This was in Afghanistan from wherein al Qaeda ATTACKED us!

We have these soldiers on their 3, 4, or5th tours in a war zone. They have spent more time in a war zone in the last 10yrs than they have spent at home and we expect them to have the same morals as those never set foot in a war zone. Wake up people. War changes people and the more times you send them to war the more it affects them. When this war is over (if ever) we should get ready to deal with some real problems in retraining these veterans to live in a normal society. Why should these soldiers have more respect for a suicide bombers body that the idiot bomber had? Let them have their trophy photos. I did one tour in viet-nam, I can't imagine having to 3, 4, or more tours.

Obama isn't responsible for this, nor was Bush responsible for Abu Ghraib, except for the US being there in the first place. Bush WANTED the Iraq war, REMEMBER? This was in Afghanistan from wherein al Qaeda ATTACKED us!

Yes he is. It's his call for us to be in Afghanistan, we don't need to be, he wants to keep warmongering. What are our goals there anymore besides a bland, generic term of "stability?"

Whenever a civilian dies from the war, whenever a soldier dies in the war, whenever this stuff happens, blame should be appropriately put on the man who isn't getting us out.

Yes he is. It's his call for us to be in Afghanistan, we don't need to be, he wants to keep warmongering. What are our goals there anymore besides a bland, generic term of "stability?"

Whenever a civilian dies from the war, whenever a soldier dies in the war, whenever this stuff happens, blame should be appropriately put on the man who isn't getting us out.

Who will cover the backs of the last US troops out?

Who will cover the backs of the last US troops out?

I don't even know what you're asking. All troops should be pulled out now, and long before now. It's his choice to keep them in the line of fire, even though them being there now has nothing to do with the defense of the this nation.

Forum List

Back