Absolute bullshit

How does getting out of his car to request a license and expecting the peons to get back into the car menacing?
If everything being said here about this woman's behavior is true the obvious conclusion is this cop should, especially because of current social circumstances, have had the sense to realize he was dealing with an EDP (Emotionally Disturbed Person) and requested a supervisor. Instead he went on an authoritarian attack and caused what very well could become another shit-storm.

She wasn't an EDP. She was someone that didn't agree with why she was being stopped and wanted to make a big deal out of it. It doesn't make her disturbed, it makes her an idiot.

Should cops just let everyone violating traffic laws go because asking them to produce a license, etc. might cause a shit storm if the person disagrees?

Generalize much? :laugh:

Not a generalization. Her own words proved the reason she called was because she disagreed. She said he's telling me I did something that I didn't do and I want a supervisor to come out.

As for the send line I posted, it's a question, one you failed to answer.

This is another case of someone REFUSING to do as told by cops and then whining about it.

A black woman called 911 because she was afraid of a police officer. A violent arrest followed.

She is a Psychologist and knew full well what she was doing. She is acting for the camera's and creating a false narrative to create a situation that is totally opposite the facts.

It is REAL simple. Even a 5 year old can understand. When a COP tells you to do something FUCKING DO IT.

Yes, but I'll note that what a cop can and can't tell someone to do and when should be revisited. I don't want to live in police state. And unfortunately, that is becoming too prevalent.

This is another case of someone REFUSING to do as told by cops and then whining about it.

A black woman called 911 because she was afraid of a police officer. A violent arrest followed.

She is a Psychologist and knew full well what she was doing. She is acting for the camera's and creating a false narrative to create a situation that is totally opposite the facts.

It is REAL simple. Even a 5 year old can understand. When a COP tells you to do something FUCKING DO IT.

Yes, but I'll note that what a cop can and can't tell someone to do and when should be revisited. I don't want to live in police state. And unfortunately, that is becoming too prevalent.

In this situation, what the driver was asked to do didn't fit the inappropriate or unacceptable.

I don't believe a police officer should ask you to do something illegal, unethical, or immoral. However, that didn't happen here despite plenty of people on this thread claiming she was justified is doing what she did.

In this situation, what the driver was asked to do didn't fit the inappropriate or unacceptable.

I don't believe a police officer should ask you to do something illegal, unethical, or immoral. However, that didn't happen here despite plenty of people on this thread claiming she was justified is doing what she did.

I'll take your word for it. I was just noting that America has too much of a police state mentality. I believe the founding fathers would be sickened.

I'll take your word for it. I was just noting that America has too much of a police state mentality. I believe the founding fathers would be sickened.

The founding fathers would be sickened by a lot of what the government is doing.

However, in this situation on this thread, I believe they would expect the woman to do what she was asked to do.

How does getting out of his car to request a license and expecting the peons to get back into the car menacing?
If everything being said here about this woman's behavior is true the obvious conclusion is this cop should, especially because of current social circumstances, have had the sense to realize he was dealing with an EDP (Emotionally Disturbed Person) and requested a supervisor. Instead he went on an authoritarian attack and caused what very well could become another shit-storm.

She wasn't an EDP. She was someone that didn't agree with why she was being stopped and wanted to make a big deal out of it. It doesn't make her disturbed, it makes her an idiot.

Should cops just let everyone violating traffic laws go because asking them to produce a license, etc. might cause a shit storm if the person disagrees?

Not a generalization. Her own words proved the reason she called was because she disagreed. She said he's telling me I did something that I didn't do and I want a supervisor to come out.

It's called communication. :lol:

It's called communication. :lol:

The way she did was called misusing the 911 system. There are business lines for non emergency communication. Her call wasn't an emergency. Thanks for agreeing that she did wrong.

If you call 911 in a non emergency situation by knowingly dialing "9-1-1" on your phone, that deliberately misusing it. That's easy to prove. If a 2 year old does it, it's a mistake. When this adult did it, knowing she did it, when it wasn't an emergency, she committed a crime.

Your response is just another example of a black being excused for an action and using someone white as the scapegoat.
If someone dials 911 and asks where to go to request a firearm permit, for one non-emergency example, do you think a SWAT team will show up at their door and carry them off in chains?

I know you'd like to believe that would happen because that scenario accommodates your fantasy of police authority and importance. But the fact is the dispatcher would simply advise the caller that 911 is for emergencies only and click off. That's all.

Again, deliberate misuse of the 911 service is illegal. Mistaken use is not -- and it happens all the time.

SHE refused and misused the 9-1-1 system.

How did she misuse 911? :laugh:

No emergency. When asked by the dispatcher why she was calling her answer was one that stated her reason for calling was that she disagreed with being stopped. That's not an emergency and ranks up there with someone calling 911 because the McDonald's didn't have any more McNuggets.

She has every right to do that.

Not when it wasn't an emergency. That's what misusing it means.

No idiot. There are many situations you can call 911 for that aren't true emergencies that are perfectly legal.

You're full of shit.
911 is for emergencies only.

How did she misuse 911? :laugh:

No emergency. When asked by the dispatcher why she was calling her answer was one that stated her reason for calling was that she disagreed with being stopped. That's not an emergency and ranks up there with someone calling 911 because the McDonald's didn't have any more McNuggets.

No idiot. There are many situations you can call 911 for that aren't true emergencies that are perfectly legal.

You're full of shit.

They will whip you for calling in. :slap:

If you step out of line, police should get you back in it especially when it's their job to do so.

There's an easy solution if you don't want them to do so. Don't get out of line.
What do you mean by "get out of line?"

Even the urban dictionary defines it. "acting inappropriately", "behaving improperly". In other words, doing something you shouldn't be doing in a situation where you shouldn't be doing it. Acting like a fool when it's inappropriate to act like a fool.

Example - you get pulled over by a police officer for a traffic violation. Staying in line involves providing that officer with your driver's license, registration, proof of insurance, and doing what he officer asks of you whether you agree with the reason for the stop or not. Getting out of line involves showing your ass and running your mouth because you disagree.

Although I've had very few situations where being stopped, not ONCE have I been a smartass or done anything other than what I was asked to do. Because of that, I haven't been treated in a manner other than respectful by the officer. When one of those situations occurred where I thought I was in the right, I still acted appropriately at the time and addressed it where it should have been addressed. Amazingly, because I had a "case" and presented it at the proper time and in the proper manner, I won.
You're comparing yourself with everyone else in the world, leaving no room for exceptions -- including the occasional eccentric personality.

You are correct in assuming that the ordinary individual who is pulled over will simply comply with the cop's request for documentation and provide it. But there are exceptions, each and every one of which does not call for handcuffs and a maximum assertion of authority -- as in the Bland example and in the more recent B. King example.

These are examples of minor traffic offenses. Not morally reprehensible felonies -- and every possible step must be taken to avoid treating them as felonies. The reason for that, in case you have trouble grasping it, is the kind of negative circumstances that can develop from such situations.

These three very similar incidents are clear examples of cops whose greatly exaggerated impressions of their own importance and authority was challenged or ignored and they were prepared to take whatever aggressive action necessary to assert their power.

And look at the outcomes.

Last edited:

The issue here is not whether or not what this woman did was justified but whether it called for her being arrested and removed in handcuffs. And before you ask what would come of everyone behaving the way she did, you are assured that everyone would not behave that way. Most others would continue to behave the way they behave now, which is to present their documents and behave passively, hoping avoid a summons. What this woman did was unusual and certainly not without merit. She felt she was being accused of something she didn't do and was demanding to speak with a supervisor, which is not a criminal offense.

Watching the tv documentary series, COPS, we see one traffic stop after another, every one of which evolves into discovery of some criminal activity, usually drug possession. They don't present clips of the most ordinary stops, most of which are monotonously routine and some of which would reveal the passive contempt for traffic cops displayed by ordinary motorists. But there was nothing criminal about this woman or her conduct. It was simply unusual and all but the authoritarian mentality will agree that asking to speak with a supervisor was a reasonable request.

As for the cop's conduct, it is clear that one whose only tool is a hammer will treat every situation like a nail.

Last edited:
This woman decided to play the " I am black and above the law" card pretty simple really. She broke the law and then refused to do as told by a cop doing his job. If she were white and did any of the antics she pulled all her defenders would be no where to be found.
That's what Sandra Bland's arresting officer should tell the jury when the case reaches the civil court.

I realize that submission to authority has been drilled into your head for twenty years. But there is a very big difference between civilian police and military police. The problem is too few civilian police are aware of that and/or are willing to accept such a disappointing reality.

When a civilian cop is dealing with a known or provable felon the ball is in his court and he calls all the shots. But when dealing with a respectable taxpaying citizen whose only (alleged) offense is a minor traffic rule violation the smart civilian cop will contemplate explaining a potentially escalated case to civil court jurors -- some of whom might not harbor friendly regard for traffic cops, who, in the pre-conscious minds of many ordinary folks, are an expanded version of the despised high-school hallway monitors.

Last edited:
If you call 911 in a non emergency situation by knowingly dialing "9-1-1" on your phone, that deliberately misusing it. That's easy to prove. If a 2 year old does it, it's a mistake. When this adult did it, knowing she did it, when it wasn't an emergency, she committed a crime.

Your response is just another example of a black being excused for an action and using someone white as the scapegoat.
If someone dials 911 and asks where to go to request a firearm permit, for one non-emergency example, do you think a SWAT team will show up at their door and carry them off in chains?

I know you'd like to believe that would happen because that scenario accommodates your fantasy of police authority and importance. But the fact is the dispatcher would simply advise the caller that 911 is for emergencies only and click off. That's all.

Again, deliberate misuse of the 911 service is illegal. Mistaken use is not -- and it happens all the time.

What the 911 operator should do after confirming it's not an emergency is hang up on them.

This woman deliberately called 911 when there was no emergency. She wasn't mistaken. She did it in purpose. She isn't some 2 year old kid that picks up a phone and hits the quick dial that has "911" programmed into it.

The issue here is not whether or not what this woman did was justified but whether it called for her being arrested and removed in handcuffs. And before you ask what would come of everyone behaving the way she did, you are assured that everyone would not behave that way. Most others would continue to behave the way they behave now, which is to present their documents and behave passively, hoping avoid a summons. What this woman did was unusual and certainly not without merit. She felt she was being accused of something she didn't do and was demanding to speak with a supervisor, which is not a criminal offense.

Watching the tv documentary series, COPS, we see one traffic stop after another, every one of which evolves into discovery of some criminal activity, usually drug possession. They don't present clips of the most ordinary stops, most of which are monotonously routine and some of which would reveal the passive contempt for traffic cops displayed by ordinary motorists. But there was nothing criminal about this woman or her conduct. It was simply unusual and all but the authoritarian mentality will agree that asking to speak with a supervisor was a reasonable request.

As for the cop's conduct, it is clear that one whose only tool is a hammer will treat every situation like a nail.

She failed to do what the officer asked her to do. That's enough to get arrested which includes handcuffing.

Knowingly calling 911 when there was no emergency is against the law. If you're willing to say she thought being stopped for something she felt she didn't do constituted an emergency, are you willing to agree she doesn't have sense enough to be driving at all? She thought she could push the issue with the white officer because she was black and he'd back off for that reason.

She wasn't asking to speak to a supervisor because their was anything wrong with what the officer did. She asked to speak with the supervisor because she didn't liked being stopped. Her words indicate that.

You're full of shit.

They will whip you for calling in. :slap:

Since they can trace the numbers, they should hang up then charge you for misuse of the system. If a stiff penalty is applied for misusing the system, I bet those doing bullshit like this lady would think twice about doing it.

Since they can trace the numbers, they should hang up then charge you for misuse of the system. If a stiff penalty is applied for misusing the system, I bet those doing bullshit like this lady would think twice about doing it.
Thankfully we don't (yet) live under tyrannical authority such as manifest by the old KGB and the East German Stasi, but I think you would be quite comfortable living within those regimes.

You are focused on the notion that one either obeys the commands of a police officer, regardless of the initiating circumstances, or you can expect anything from being slammed to the ground and handcuffed to being shot -- regardless of your background and your understanding of your rights.

Actually you seem to personify what the behavioral profession designates as the authoritarian personality. Extreme examples of this perversion are seen in what is commonly known as B&D (Bondage and Domination) sex play, which takes place between individuals whose respective fetish is either assertion of authority or slavish submission to it. Interestingly the assertive cop/submissive slave transaction is by far the most common scenario in B&D sex play.

_ml_p2p_pc_badge_tallest15

sm_555135FP_1.jpg

In fact there are suppliers who cater to the whims of B&D sex players.
They offer everything from sexy cop costumes to ball-gags, whips, nipple-clips, handcuffs and other restraint and pain inducing items. If you happen to be interested, and I'm not suggesting you are, you can find a supplier via Google search under "Sado/Masochism / B&D Supplies.

Last edited:
What is your definition of an emergency?

Forum List

Back