Fed judge orders taxpayers to pay legal fees of abortion clinic

AmericanFirst1

Gold Member
May 23, 2015
  1. KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) A federal judge who quashed Missouri's push to revoke a Planned Parenthood clinic's abortion license has ordered state taxpayers to pay more than $156,000 to cover the organization's legal bills tied to the dispute.

U.S. District Judge Nanette Laughrey this week ruled that the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services must pay $156,631 in attorneys' fees and expenses incurred by what now is Planned Parenthood Great Plains.

Laughrey in May sided with the Columbia, Missouri, Planned Parenthood clinic after the state last year tried to revoke its abortion license. The judge concluded that move likely was due in part to "political pressure," and that the license couldn't be revoked before its expiration in June.

A spokeswoman for Missouri's attorney general says that office is reviewing Laughrey's latest ruling.

More tyranny by a federal judge. I guess I won't be paying my state taxes this year. Screw the faggot judge.

1. KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) A federal judge who quashed Missouri's push to revoke a Planned Parenthood clinic's abortion license has ordered state taxpayers to pay more than $156,000 to cover the organization's legal bills tied to the dispute.

U.S. District Judge Nanette Laughrey this week ruled that the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services must pay $156,631 in attorneys' fees and expenses incurred by what now is Planned Parenthood Great Plains.

Laughrey in May sided with the Columbia, Missouri, Planned Parenthood clinic after the state last year tried to revoke its abortion license. The judge concluded that move likely was due in part to "political pressure," and that the license couldn't be revoked before its expiration in June.

A spokeswoman for Missouri's attorney general says that office is reviewing Laughrey's latest ruling.

More tyranny by a federal judge. I guess I won't be paying my state taxes this year. Screw the faggot judge.

Loosing side usually pays fees and expenses.

Judge was right

The fight against abortion should be abandoned and pro life efforts redirected. Decent people should be protecting their children. Be pro life in your families and churches.

Abortion among liberals, democrats, lawless minorities should be encouraged. It is not only the aborted human being that's eliminated, but all their children, grandchildren and generations yet unthought of. Every abortion today, might mean 15 fewer criminals in the next 20 years.

As we move into a future of increased automation there will be a genuine need for drastically fewer people. It's time to make sure it's the right kind of people. Almost miraculously the very people we need to eliminate are the ones most demanding abortion.

Make sure it's not you or your family, bring back large families, selectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when Missouri refuses to pay?
The Missouri voters brought the legal expenses upon themselves.
Either play the legal win-lose game, or don't stick your politician's nose into the private lives of citizens.
Doesn't answer the question, skid mark.
Yeah, i forgot to follow-up and respond to "What happens when Missouri refuses to pay? Where's the enforcement mechanism?"

My guess ...
Since a Fed judge was involved, with abortion being a law above state level, i would think the Fed Exec branch has the green light to punish the state (if state does not comply with Fed ruling) by withholding financial support, aka Federal Funds (grants, aid, etc). If the non-compliant state has less overall revenue in its budget, its citizens will suffer, as they should by screwing with Federal law.

What happens when Missouri refuses to pay?
The Missouri voters brought the legal expenses upon themselves.
Either play the legal win-lose game, or don't stick your politician's nose into the private lives of citizens.
Doesn't answer the question, skid mark.
Yeah, i forgot to follow-up and respond to "What happens when Missouri refuses to pay? Where's the enforcement mechanism?"

My guess ...
Since a Fed judge was involved, with abortion being a law above state level, i would think the Fed Exec branch has the green light to punish the state (if state does not comply with Fed ruling) by withholding financial support, aka Federal Funds (grants, aid, etc). If the non-compliant state has less overall revenue in its budget, its citizens will suffer, as they should by screwing with Federal law.
And how does a federal judge make that happen?

If conservatives would stay out of women's wombs this wouldn't be an issue, but you just can't help yourselves, can you....

If conservatives would stay out of women's wombs this wouldn't be an issue, but you just can't help yourselves, can you....
If stupid women would stop murdering babies this wouldn't be an issue.

A woman's decision to have an abortion is none of your damn business, period. Imagine how much more peaceful the world could be if everyone stopped meddling in other's affairs.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

A woman's decision to have an abortion is none of your damn business, period. Imagine how much more peaceful the world could be if everyone stopped meddling in other's affairs.
If it were my child it is. Imagine how much better the world would be without retarded libs.

If it were my child it is. Imagine how much better the world would be without retarded libs.

It's not your child so you can shut up now.

It's not your child so you can shut up now.
You are as dumb as a box of rocks, as a good little retard you are. You can shut up now, dumbass.

Taxpayers should be made responsible for attorney's fees and court costs.

What happens when Missouri refuses to pay? Where's the enforcement mechanism?

Federal money withheld
Which federal money? Transportation? Education? Do you really think anything short of an act of Congress can judiciously deprive a state of statutorily allocated federal funding? A judge certainly cannot order the withholding of money.

The judge has absolutely no enforcement mechanisms.

Forum List

Back