About time, Mr. President!

Obama calls for 'balanced approach' to reach debt deal
By Jordan Fabian - 06/29/11 11:47 AM ET

A feisty President Obama on Wednesday chided Congress to raise the nation's debt ceiling to avoid default.

Obama urged lawmakers from both parties to adopt a "balanced approach" to spending cuts and tax hikes in order to reach a debt-limit deal.

Obama calls for 'balanced approach' to reach debt deal - TheHill.com

Please see my sig regarding Obama's credibility on the matter.

Please read ALL my responses on the matter.

Dick Cheney voted no on raising the debt?

It's the neocon parrot's latest squawk in solidarity with the idiot news commentator that called the President a "dick" on for calling out the Republicans. That the little clown got rightly suspended pisses off the parrots, so this will be their squawk for a week or so.

Were you equally outraged hack when the people on MSNBC called Bush a monkey,murderous fascist, and war criminal...without anyone getting suspended?

Be honest. Did you post your outrage for everyone to see?

I don't have cable, genius. And if you have jokers saying stuff like that, then I made a wise decision not to get it. But please, DO provide me with the quotes from the individuals that said EXACTLY what you are asserting here in no uncertain terms, as I would be interested in seeing it for myself.

Obama calls for 'balanced approach' to reach debt deal
By Jordan Fabian - 06/29/11 11:47 AM ET

A feisty President Obama on Wednesday chided Congress to raise the nation's debt ceiling to avoid default.

Obama urged lawmakers from both parties to adopt a "balanced approach" to spending cuts and tax hikes in order to reach a debt-limit deal.

Obama calls for 'balanced approach' to reach debt deal - TheHill.com

Please see my sig regarding Obama's credibility on the matter.

^ This!! I love this sig line!!

You would, Frankie boy, as that's about the limit of your ability to honestly discuss an issue using facts and logic.

It's the neocon parrot's latest squawk in solidarity with the idiot news commentator that called the President a "dick" on for calling out the Republicans. That the little clown got rightly suspended pisses off the parrots, so this will be their squawk for a week or so.

Were you equally outraged hack when the people on MSNBC called Bush a monkey,murderous fascist, and war criminal...without anyone getting suspended?

I don't have cable, genius. And if you have jokers saying stuff like that, then I made a wise decision not to get it. But please, DO provide me with the quotes from the individuals that said EXACTLY what you are asserting here in no uncertain terms, as I would be interested in seeing it for myself.

Gee, I missed the "Shut the Hell Up" part. Tsk tsk.

"As a final crash of self-indulgent nonsense, when the incontrovertible truth of your panoramic and murderous deceit has even begun to cost your political party seemingly perpetual congressional seats....When somebody asks you, sir, about the cooked books and faked threats you foisted on a sincere and frightened nation; when somebody asks you, sir, about your gallant, noble, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game so as to soothe the families of the war dead; this advice, Mr. Bush: Shut the hell up! Good night and good luck."

Read more: Flashback: MSNBC Hosts Called Bush Fascist, Murderous and War Criminal, Never Faced Suspensions | NewsBusters.org

Monkey: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HgvQgGDJuw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Erin Burnett refers to GWB as "the Monkey in the Middle" .‬‏[/ame]

It's "about time the president chided congress"? You gotta be kidding taichi. Think about it if you can. The president had a solid majority in congress and the senate in place when he was elected. He had two years to promote any agenda and submit any bill and what did he do? A ten plane trip to Norway to lobby for the rediculous notion that Chicago could host a winter olympics. The time AF-1 was hijacked for a photo op that scared the shit out of New Yorkers and NJ? The Cash for clunkers laughable mess? The porkulus bill that wasted a trillion dollars? The criminal mess of the 3,000 page health care mess? Now you think the president is a hero because he chided congress? You gotta laugh about Barry loyalists. Thet ain't got a clue that isn't supplied by Huffing or Soros.

NOW that Reps outnumber Dems, in the House, Barry wants "bipartisanship".

For 2yrs, when they enjoyed the majority in House & Senate, I don't recall hearing that word.
*shrug*

Gee, I missed the "Shut the Hell Up" part. Tsk tsk.

That's because I didn't post anything of the sort, bunky. Seems you're once again lying about what people post...not very "provocative" when the chronology of the posts proves you wrong. tsk, tsk.

"As a final crash of self-indulgent nonsense, when the incontrovertible truth of your panoramic and murderous deceit has even begun to cost your political party seemingly perpetual congressional seats....When somebody asks you, sir, about the cooked books and faked threats you foisted on a sincere and frightened nation; when somebody asks you, sir, about your gallant, noble, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game so as to soothe the families of the war dead; this advice, Mr. Bush: Shut the hell up! Good night and good luck."

So you're pissed about a an op ed? Does this op ed call the President a derrogatory name in a derrogatory manner? Nope. Over the years, op eds have used harsher language than this when it comes to criticizing a sitting President. But, harsh criticism is NOT an insult or treasonable offense last time I checked. Also, who said this? And when? and in what capacity?

Read more: Flashback: MSNBC Hosts Called Bush Fascist, Murderous and War Criminal, Never Faced Suspensions | NewsBusters.org

Last time I checked, Keith Olberman was the liberal equivalent of Limbaugh or Hannity or Levin or Beck......he's not a newsman or news analyst, but a "commentator". That's how forementioned have managed to stay on the air for so long, as they are categorized as "entertainment" and NOT serious news people. But as history has shown, Olberman got canned from one job for pushing his luck, as did Savage, as did Beck.

Nothing Reagan Jr. said was a schoolyard insult. And it was Mike Moore and NOT Chris Matthews that said nasty little things about your beloved Shrub.

Shuster made an analogy, but NOT a direct accusation. He caught heat from it, but legally and technically he was guilty of poor analogy, but NOT direct accusation.

I figured that YOU, Provie, were just parroting the mantras put forth by some neocon hack/blog/punditry. But as always, when one merely analyzes what is being said against easily accessed information, facts and reference points in recent history, the neocon mantra falls apart.

Monkey: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HgvQgGDJuw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Erin Burnett refers to GWB as "the Monkey in the Middle" .‬‏[/ame]

Right, some newsreader gets a serious case of the jet lag sillies and calls the President the "monkey in the middle"....evidently referring to the other dignitaries the Shrub was with as "monkies". Seems she lost her step, and in struggling to ad lib, chose a poor, kindergarten expression. Both she and her superior cop to that. Bit of a stretch on your part, bunky. But I expect nothing less from a neocon "provocateur"! :lol:

I don't have cable,.

:lol::lol:

It's "about time the president chided congress"? You gotta be kidding taichi. Think about it if you can. The president had a solid majority in congress and the senate in place when he was elected. He had two years to promote any agenda and submit any bill and what did he do? A ten plane trip to Norway to lobby for the rediculous notion that Chicago could host a winter olympics. The time AF-1 was hijacked for a photo op that scared the shit out of New Yorkers and NJ? The Cash for clunkers laughable mess? The porkulus bill that wasted a trillion dollars? The criminal mess of the 3,000 page health care mess? Now you think the president is a hero because he chided congress? You gotta laugh about Barry loyalists. Thet ain't got a clue that isn't supplied by Huffing or Soros.

Okay, who told you that Obama took 10 plane trips to Norway to lobby for the Winter Olympics in Chicago? Well, whomever they were told you an exaggeration. 1 trip.

And if you remember correctly, the Dems NEVER had the majority vote in the Senate...you can thank Lieberman at first and the death of Kennedy afterwards for that. Check the records yourself if you don't believe me.

And no, Obama did not "hijack" a plane for a photo op....that was one of his staff, who got roundly criticized for it. (Just to let you know, the President of the USA does not "hijack" US military planes.....just ask Brown and the Shrub when they detoured a rescue helipcopter and crew for a photo-op during the aftermath of Katrina).

As for "cash for clunkers", what neocon pundit have you been listening to? Though not a rousing success, it hardly was an abject failure that the neocon driven GOP would have you believe. FYI: "Cash For Clunkers": Did It Work? - EconWatch - CBS News

And what in the hell is the "porkulus bill that wasted a trillion dollars" that you are referring to? Please give details and facts, not generalizations, supposition and conjecture.

And the Health Care Reform Bill, which the GOP APPROVED WITH THEIR INPUT via Obama and the Dems bend over backwards compromising, has been tallied by the CBC and the GAO as doing the EXACT opposite of what you wail about here:

gao health care reform - Google Search

Finally, I again applaud the President for FINALLY getting after the Party-of-NO in Congress for their hell bent ideology that will destroy the country just to get Obama out of office and return us to the power mad days of the Shrub when they ruled all three branches of gov't....and subsequently caused the mess we are in today. Yes, chiding the GOP for their record number of threatened filibusters and then bitching that nothing gets done hypocrisy.

Good on ya, Mr. President....about damned time!

And unlike you whitehall, I'm not beholding to just one source of information or the opinions of one like minded group. I strongly suggest you stop parroting the mantras about Soros and Huffington and learn to actually READ and FACT CHECK via various sources in order to get your facts straight so you can effectively debate an issue. Makes you look less foolish.

Last edited:

I don't have cable,.

:lol::lol:

Notice in this thread, folks, how Trajan cannot logically or factually fault my posts or defend his or his colleagues....so the best he can do is mock me for not paying an fee to watch more TV programs. Funny that without cable I still wipe the floor of debate on politics and social issues with Trajan and his buddies. :razz: :lol:

What'a you know politicalfact got one right.
Bachmann said Obama voted against the debt limit when he was a senator
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills," Obama said.

PolitiFact | Bachmann said Obama voted against the debt limit when he was a senator

And HOW MANY TIMES DID THE SHRUB RAISE THE DEBT CEILING? AND DIDN'T ALL THE GOP JOKERS IN CONGRESS/SENATE NOW VOTE LOCK STEP TO SUPPORT THOSE RAISES?

Times change....given what Obama inherited, I'll let him slide on this one.

oh, you'll "let him slide on this one"...........well, I have a suspicion , just a suspicion mind you, that if Obama took a huge odoriferous spoogy on your table, you'd ask for someone to pass the salt.....please huh...

Trajan, you respond like a petulant child. Just because you're generally ignorant of all the facts pertaining to the issue and you don't have the cognitive skills to mount a rational, logical response is no need to throw a hissy fit. Get it together, Trajan...because to date you just can't deal with the fact that your criticism of Obama wanting to raise the debt ceiling while ignoring the Shrub's numerous actions to that effect is hypocritical at best.

yea, loved this one;

He also chastised Congress for having a light work schedule, urging them to pick up the pace to reach a deal.

"If by the end of this week we have not seen substantial progress, members of Congress are going to have to start canceling things and stay here until we get it done," he said. "They're in one week, they're out the next."

hes got some nerve.

he owes us a 2012 budget plan.
he owes us a restructure plan for medicare.
he owes us a deficit reduction plan.

so far, bupkas...Forrree!!!!!

Ahhh, but the devil is in the details.....like the SPENDING under the Shrub and the GOP for two wars and a prescription drug plan that WAS NOT PART OF THE BUDGET. And since NEITHER YOU OR I got a tax break like the rich folks, WE were the ones paying the taxes.

So Obama puts the forementioned on the books, but EXTENDS the Bush tax cuts for the rich DESPITE THE FACT that those tax cuts were originally a sunset deal THAT CREATED NO JOBS AS PREDICTED. Compromise and Comprise gained Obama NOTHING.

Now the GOP, hell bent on getting Obama out of office and return to the Shrub years, are willing to trash the country financially. Obama has called them out on it. Let's hope the country and the DEM party wakes the hell up....unlike folk like you who just parrot whatever the neocon politicos and pundits tell you.

:lol:

hey get up to date and stop with the BDS its years old ..here, focus;

he owes us a 2012 budget plan.
he owes us a restructure plan for medicare.
he owes us a deficit reduction plan.

And since Trajan could not logically or factually fault my response, he does what every willfully ignorant and intellectually impotent neocon parrot does....repeat himself ad nauseum. Next, we will get a repeat from Trajan with some childish insult and an exaggeration/lie thrown in an attempt to deflect from his folly.

But, to minimize the amount of silliness Trajan posts, I'll break my rule and do his homework for him, as I'm embarassed by his ignorant declarations:

Obama’s 2012 Budget Proposal: How $3.7 Trillion is Spent

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/newsgraphics/2011/0119-budget/index.html

How Obama Plans to Reform Medicare

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2009/06/how_obama_plans_to_reform_medi.html

Obama Stokes Deficit Fight

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703385404576259903446373140.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back