Democrats are clearly hypocrits when it comes to fiscal matters

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Grampa Murked U, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,917
    All of you claim the gop isn't doing their job yet you either completely ignore the fact that the dems never passed a single budget. Or you just deflect and excuse it away as no big deal.
    If the gop had been in control for years and never passed a budget you would have been up in arms making all kinds of outlandish statements.

Now your demanding "where are the jobs bills" Yet at the height of our crash when we truely needed legislation to spur job growth and the dems had control all they did was bribe other democrats with our money to vote for obamacare and blow trillions on non shovel ready shovel ready jobs. No jobs bills. Where's your outrage?

Now the democratic controlled senate rejects the houses budget, which was to be expected BUT.... Did they offer a counter proposal, which is the norm, to spur negotiations? Nope... Again where's the outrage?

I will concede that republicans under bush spent like fools too but this isn't 2007 anymore. Isn't it time to stop looking backwards and try to accomplish something moving forward?

There was a reason the gop had a huge victory in the mid-terms. The public demands change, and responsibility. In order to achieve that we must act like adults and substitute some sanity for the partisanship. It's like everyone is in highschool again trying to score points in a pointless debate class. It's not pointless anymore....

2. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,917
    I guess everyone is deaf, dumb and blind when a little truth is shed on the subject.

3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,917
    One last shameful bump before it dies a lonely death.

4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Good post, it's nice to see a non partisan post calling both parties out on this issue.

It's much better than attacking Reps before the deadline has even passed while pretending they didn’t put up a budget before all of this. It’s also better than seeing TM say “why do you hate America?” for the ten thousandth time because she hates Republicans and white people.

I still believe Reps might be waiting until the last moment to hand the Senate and Obama a budget. If The Senate and or Obama reject the budget it will be Obama/Dems that have defaulted on the debt ceiling. To me, that will be the repercussions to being one of the more inefficient Administrations in our countries history while doing everything humanly possible to not work with anyone that does not give you everything you want.

Gotta learn to chew bubble gum and walk before you become president I guess.

5. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    No, merely waiting for you to cite the source in support of the ‘truth.’

6. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Then call him out on something, if you can.

7. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,917
    It's mostly well known history mixed with my opinion of our current state. What possible sources could you need? I spelled it out fairly clearly. Do you not see all the partisan sniping on this board? Do you not see the same attitudes displayed daily in the press releases?

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    A lot of nerve hearing "fiscal responsibility" from Republicans after what they did.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,188
    Yeah spending trillion of dollars we didnt have in less than 2 1/2 years.... oh wait. that was Obama!

10. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,917
    We have to start somewhere do we not?
    I really believe some are trying to do the right thing but its hard to be heard when only the bickering grabs the soundbite headline.
    Everyone is so fixiated on the menutia of who made a mistake in their speech or some other such nonsense that the points that matter get drowned out to the sensationalism.

Sorry for my spelling