Abortion Poll

Under Which Conditions Would You Support A Legal Abortion?

• Never, under no circumstances

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Never, except in cases of rape and incest

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • On demand for all, but only in the first trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • On demand for all, but only up to 20 weeks of gestation. Illegal after that.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • On demand for all, but only through the second trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • On demand for all, right up to the end of the third trimester

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Please select the option which comes closest to your feelings about abortion.

Thank you.
Don't worry, your anus will never get preggy, aidsy perhaps, but not preggy.

George Carlin did ask, why is it that all the women in favor of abortion rights are so f---ing ugly that no one wants to f--k them anyway
Ahhh. Rosy, prior to being banned, shows just what kind of lying fucktard he is. The Carlin quote was that people against abortion are so ugly nobody would want to have sex with them

Thete are 8 votes for never. I would like to hear the reasoning for why. Any one who voted never want to speak up?
And there are 16 votes for up to the end of the third trimester. In other words, partial birth abortion. Abortion at a stage when when a doctor could induce labor and a health baby would be born.
No comments on the never?

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Thank you.

I am one of those that support abortion rights even after the person birth...

Alright, let me be factual and admit for me it is the woman choice, so if she want to abort it up to the day before it is born, it is her choice and not mine.

Just do not ask me to pay for it...

( I know... )
I think it should always be legal, but with restrictions.

I voted for illegal except rape and incest, I would also add life of the mother. Although using those restrictions, you need to prove them and if used as a loophole you get charged with murder.

Ah I didn't read it carefully enough, I would have chosen the one just below.
Why is rape ok?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.
I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
It seems extremely inconsistent.
I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
So, you think that a woman, or a couple should be able to have sex, get pregnant, and then kill it, over and over, as many times as they want?

The creation of life is a gift, it's not like buying a piece of fruit and finding it is spoiled, so you just throw it away. To most people on the left, it's just a mass of tissue, and doesnt have any feelings, or thoughts etc. It is still life though.

If the left believes that it's just tissue, and has no thoughts or feelings or doesnt feel pain, so it's not worth keeping, then does that also mean that accident victims who are catatonic with no hope of recovery should just be removed from their life support and left to die? I wouldn't think so, so, why would you want to deny life to an unborn child?

And...isn’t this a good reason to support free birth control, over the counter morning after pill, and solid comprehensive sex education?

I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
So, you think that a woman, or a couple should be able to have sex, get pregnant, and then kill it, over and over, as many times as they want?

The creation of life is a gift, it's not like buying a piece of fruit and finding it is spoiled, so you just throw it away. To most people on the left, it's just a mass of tissue, and doesnt have any feelings, or thoughts etc. It is still life though.

If the left believes that it's just tissue, and has no thoughts or feelings or doesnt feel pain, so it's not worth keeping, then does that also mean that accident victims who are catatonic with no hope of recovery should just be removed from their life support and left to die? I wouldn't think so, so, why would you want to deny life to an unborn child?
How is it a gift?
Its one of the most common things on this planet.
I say it's a gift because the odds of getting pregnant, when not actively trying, are pretty low, like 11%. When you are trying, it only raises up to about 25%.

Yes, pregnancy is common, but I would imagine a lot of those pregnancies happen when least expected....or least wanted, which is why and when abortions happen.

Not to mention, we were given the ability to create life, when you think about it, that is a gift in of itself, and not something to be taken lightly.
What form of life doesnt reproduce?

What other forms of life have abortions because they dont want the baby?

Thete are 8 votes for never. I would like to hear the reasoning for why. Any one who voted never want to speak up?
And there are 16 votes for up to the end of the third trimester. In other words, partial birth abortion. Abortion at a stage when when a doctor could induce labor and a health baby would be born.
No comments on the never?
I did not vote for that. However, there are those that believe life begins an conception and deserves the same level of protection as a new born baby. Many parents would gives their lives to protect their child. That being said, if mom dies early in a pregnancy, so does the offspring. Thus I would have thought most everyone would make an exception if the life of the mother is truly at risk.

Why is rape ok?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.

And...isn’t this a good reason to support free birth control, over the counter morning after pill, and solid comprehensive sex education?
My point was, if people are not prepared to deal with the results, stay out of the sack, or use proper precautions.

My point was, if people are not prepared to deal with the results, stay out of the sack, or use proper precautions.
That is the advice given to men!

Educate them and make it as easy as possible to make good choices. Reduce unwanted pregnancies and teen pregnancies and abortions. Works in other countries, but we won’t even consider it.

I'm talking about both parties involved. It takes two.

I'm talking about both parties involved. It takes two.
I agree. That being said, many that strongly support abortion for a woman to terminate an unwanted pregnancy will say that for the men.

Thank you.
The thing is the right to bear arms is specifically mentioned in the Constitution, abortion is not.

Thank you.

Alright, let me be factual and admit for me it is the woman choice, so if she want to abort it up to the day before it is born, it is her choice and not mine.

( I know... )

Alright Coyote ,

My personal opinion is based on this and the reality is women will have abortions so keep it legal.

I just do not want to pay for it...

As for when it should be denied?

After the first trimester unless the birth of the baby poses a threat to the mother health or the child will be born with deformities that will cause the child to suffer while knowing it does not have long to live...

Just my opinion...

Thank you.

( I know... )

Alright Coyote ,

My personal opinion is based on this and the reality is women will have abortions so keep it legal.

I just do not want to pay for it...

As for when it should be denied?

After the first trimester unless the birth of the baby poses a threat to the mother health or the child will be born with deformities that will cause the child to suffer while knowing it does not have long to live...

Just my opinion...
I go a bit further, into the second trimester. After that, the fetus is viable in that more then half survive premature birth. At that point it begins to have its own rights. Abortion should be restricted to mother’s life or healthier severe fetal deformity (as in lethal). I can live with that. You and I may not be that far apart :)

Whether to have a child or not is a decision a woman alone should make, it is not the purview of government; individuals are best suited to determine personal, private matters, not the state.

Apparently a lot of pregnancies in Mexico and Central America are a result of rapes, often by family members. And then the "family" (a random female with random low IQ infants) invades the USA to pay for it.

Forum List

Back