Abortion Poll

Under Which Conditions Would You Support A Legal Abortion?

• Never, under no circumstances

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Never, except in cases of rape and incest

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • On demand for all, but only in the first trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • On demand for all, but only up to 20 weeks of gestation. Illegal after that.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • On demand for all, but only through the second trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • On demand for all, right up to the end of the third trimester

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted on demand up until the 3rd trimester.
I dont believe the unborn are human beings. I also dont believe in the govt forcing a person to go against their will as long as they are not impeding on anothers rights.
Yah, the option is imperfect to what I think, but it's closest to my opinion. So, I voted.

If you take the 14th at face value, which I do, then a fetus gains no rights till it can exist outside the womb. The problem with Roe is two fold: it created a federal right to address a state problem that was resulting in thousands of women being maimed, and secondly it used science to justify its holding under who is a citizen, and science is never static.

There always was a federal right to address violations of an individual's rights by a state. The only "state problem" that might have existed that resulted in "thousands of women being maimed" stemmed from the illegality of the procedure, which drove women to resort to back-alley abortions and use of unsafe methods.

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Please select the option which comes closest to your feelings about abortion.

Thank you.
I am grateful that Hillary aborted all of Bills kids...…………...I hate to say it, but she did make the World a better place by doing so

I see what you did there! :D

I don't see an option that fits me....my choice would be:

On demand through first trimester and second trimester (it's very rare then anyway). Only in certain cases for the third - mother's life or health in danger, severe fatal fetal deformaties.
I saw a report on abortion rights around the world. The US is one of only two countries that allows on demand abortion with no restrictions on stage of pregnancy.

That is not true.

I voted on demand up until the 3rd trimester.
I dont believe the unborn are human beings. I also dont believe in the govt forcing a person to go against their will as long as they are not impeding on anothers rights.
Yah, the option is imperfect to what I think, but it's closest to my opinion. So, I voted.

If you take the 14th at face value, which I do, then a fetus gains no rights till it can exist outside the womb. The problem with Roe is two fold: it created a federal right to address a state problem that was resulting in thousands of women being maimed, and secondly it used science to justify its holding under who is a citizen, and science is never static.

There always was a federal right to address violations of an individual's rights by a state. The only "state problem" that might have existed that resulted in "thousands of women being maimed" stemmed from the illegality of the procedure, which drove women to resort to back-alley abortions and use of unsafe methods.
The constitutional "right" supporting Roe was the right to privacy. That's nowhere in the constitution. It came about in Griswold, which prohibited a state from not allowing contraceptives to be sold within it's borders.

The irony was that very few states would have been able to maintain laws based upon sexual mores between heterosexuals. That's one reason to be suspicious of the SC making rulings on who can get married.

Almost 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester; it is an embryo.
images

There is no suffering involved.

God is suffering for the murder of one of His flock.

That embryo could have been president one day.

On the day Lyndon B Johnson was born. his father rode horseback through the countryside proclaiming, "A United States Senator was born today!"
I have a feeling God suffers more for children who can suffer. Like these:
upload_2018-7-6_11-39-41.png

I don't see an option that fits me....my choice would be:

On demand through first trimester and second trimester (it's very rare then anyway). Only in certain cases for the third - mother's life or health in danger, severe fatal fetal deformaties.
I saw a report on abortion rights around the world. The US is one of only two countries that allows on demand abortion with no restrictions on stage of pregnancy.

That is not true.
You're right. I couldn't find the table I had read months ago which listed and compared abortion availability and restrictions, but in looking at other sites I have found four countries : US, Netherlands, China and Canada, which allow on demand (no reasons necessary) abortions at any time during the pregnancy.
Sorry about that.

Thete are 8 votes for never. I would like to hear the reasoning for why. Any one who voted never want to speak up?

Why is rape ok?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.
I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
It seems extremely inconsistent.
I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
Funny how the people who think guns should be extremely regulated are the ones calling our President fascist :disbelief:
Yeah well I’m not a religious zealot and couldn’t care less what some christifascist thinks. And there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that prohibits regulation. Thanks for playing

Have a good day. And as usual nice false equivalency. But please let me know when the law turns women into incubators for Jesus
Lol, you dont know what not infringed means. Classic

Thete are 8 votes for never. I would like to hear the reasoning for why. Any one who voted never want to speak up?
And there are 16 votes for up to the end of the third trimester. In other words, partial birth abortion. Abortion at a stage when when a doctor could induce labor and a health baby would be born.

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Thank you.

I am one of those that support abortion rights even after the person birth...

Alright, let me be factual and admit for me it is the woman choice, so if she want to abort it up to the day before it is born, it is her choice and not mine.

Just do not ask me to pay for it...

( I know... )

Thank you.

I am one of those that support abortion rights even after the person birth...

Alright, let me be factual and admit for me it is the woman choice, so if she want to abort it up to the day before it is born, it is her choice and not mine.

Just do not ask me to pay for it...

( I know... )
How about up to 3 days after birth? Were you being sarcastic?

images

On the day Lyndon B Johnson was born. his father rode horseback through the countryside proclaiming, "A United States Senator was born today!"

whose god? YOUR god? what if someone believes in a different god or no god at all?

btw... was hitler or jeffery dahmer one of god's flock?

Last edited:
On demand for all first trimester. They can do it twice too, but their mothering parts are removed the second time. Health and crime concerns excluded.

images

whose god? YOUR god? what if someone believes in a different god or no god at all?

"One Nation under God..........."

"In God We Trust"

Everyone is in God's flock, heathen.

images

"One Nation under God..........."

"In God We Trust"

Everyone is in God's flock, heathen.

uh-huh.

'one nation under god' is the pledge of allegiance--- NOT the constitution.

'in god we trust' is also NOT part of the constitution. ironically though, it is found on money....
<ahem>

1 Timothy 6:10 to be: For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

but you know what IS in the constitution?

Article VI
[...]

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

soooooo............ that means that laws cannot be written based solely on religious grounds.

lol... why are you calling me a heathen?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.
I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
Funny how the people who think guns should be extremely regulated are the ones calling our President fascist :disbelief:
Yeah well I’m not a religious zealot and couldn’t care less what some christifascist thinks. And there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that prohibits regulation. Thanks for playing

Have a good day. And as usual nice false equivalency. But please let me know when the law turns women into incubators for Jesus

That one isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.. he actually thinks he is an attorney.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

That one isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.. he actually thinks he is an attorney.
Sorry it upsets you.
And that would be “she”, hack

The best option would have been require all republicans to be aborted.

Glad to know what kind of an American you are! Have you ever considered the fact, given your constituency, the birth rate is likely lower for democrats than it is for republicans.

Forum List

Back