Abortion Poll

Under Which Conditions Would You Support A Legal Abortion?

• Never, under no circumstances

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Never, except in cases of rape and incest

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • On demand for all, but only in the first trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • On demand for all, but only up to 20 weeks of gestation. Illegal after that.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • On demand for all, but only through the second trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • On demand for all, right up to the end of the third trimester

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only exception I would ever have for an “abortion” is if the life of the mother is in danger and the mother did not personally want to sacrifice herself for the child.

In that instance I view it as more of a sacrifice than abortion because either way someone is going die, and it is logical that a husband or a boyfriend would want to save the life of their partner over an unborn child that they do not know personally yet.

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Please select the option which comes closest to your feelings about abortion.

Thank you.
/----/ Your first choice is a double negative. Never, under no circumstances actually means one supports abortions under all circumstances. If you have two negatives (never and no) in the same sentence they contradict each other. The correct choice would be Under no circumstances. I know, public school skims over basic grammar.

d0d25a3c36a276d433078c4a4885e791--pro-life-political-cartoons.jpg

^^^ most 'pro-life' advocates ^^^
Thats stupid. Republicans support the welfare state just like you do

yyy.jpg

Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
Funny how the people who think guns should be extremely regulated are the ones calling our President fascist :disbelief:
Yeah well I’m not a religious zealot and couldn’t care less what some christifascist thinks. And there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that prohibits regulation. Thanks for playing

Have a good day. And as usual nice false equivalency. But please let me know when the law turns women into incubators for Jesus
Lol, you dont know what not infringed means. Classic

That one isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.. he actually thinks he is an attorney.
Point of fact, even Justice Scalia, who actually was a lawyer and judge, while neither of you are, stated quite plainly that the Second Amendment allows for gun regulation.

To wit: "We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

So just to be clear, you don't disagree with SCOTUS decisions ever because they're judges and you're not. That's your standard.

Democrats are such hypocrites. You only believe that for decisions you agree with

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Thank you.

I am one of those that support abortion rights even after the person birth...

Alright, let me be factual and admit for me it is the woman choice, so if she want to abort it up to the day before it is born, it is her choice and not mine.

Just do not ask me to pay for it...

( I know... )
I think it should always be legal, but with restrictions.

Alright Coyote ,

My personal opinion is based on this and the reality is women will have abortions so keep it legal.

I just do not want to pay for it...

As for when it should be denied?

After the first trimester unless the birth of the baby poses a threat to the mother health or the child will be born with deformities that will cause the child to suffer while knowing it does not have long to live...

Just my opinion...

the hyde amendment... which has been in effect & renewed every year since the days of carter... prevents federal tax dollars from being spent on any abortion EXCEPT in the case of rape, incest, or if the life of a woman on medicaid is in danger & it is specified that more than one physician has to sign off on that.

Apparently a lot of pregnancies in Mexico and Central America are a result of rapes, often by family members. And then the "family" (a random female with random low IQ infants) invades the USA to pay for it.

who exactly pays for it? not you, not me, & certainly not the feds. if a pregnant female makes it here- chances are she will continue with the pregnancy. if she wants to terminate- it's on her dime.

yyy.jpg

Republicans propose budgets when they're in power every year that grow government more than inflation, GDP, every economic measure BEFORE negotiating with Democrats. They don't cut any program.

That Republicans want to actually cut welfare is just more fake news from the lying left

Not enough options. Where is the option for beyond 20 weeks for medical reasons?

Where is the option that all the abortion polls ask and is riding in the high 60s in national polls?

kff-poll_062918.jpg

Really? Tell you what, re do this poll after watching the vedio of an abortion and see what they say. I would post one, but the cowardly mods would nix it because none of these issues are anything more then a social club circle jerk to them and the political tension make for good sales on paied memberships for those who own USMB. Meh, I'll post the video any way. I bet you are two much of a coward to watch it.

Thank you.

And g5000, this guy says he was a secrete operative for themes army implanted in the KKK to "watch them" huge liar. Even this post is a Kia and I issue the same challenge. If you support abortion, then every time you support it openly, demonstrate the procedure.

Also, why is it that abortion is sole so hard to Mexican and black woman by the confederate democrat party? It's just weird that the political party that started a war that ripped the country apart to keep slavery legal now win election by encouraging the very people they enslaved to kill their children in the womb?

What is going on inside a woman's body is her business before anyone else's. All responsibility and any possible onus is on her.
Leave her alone; it's already hard enough.

If USA population is declining because citizens don’t like the hassle of raising kids, why not be open to hard-working immigrants who dislike abortions?
The "hassle" is that Whites have to pay a lot of money that they earned by working, while illegal invaders and chronic ghetto folks pay nothing at all to raise kids. Plus as Whites see civilization being invaded by savages, who in their right mind would want to bring humans into the fray? That is why in a normal situation, the country would behave like it did throughout its history to protect it kids by disposing of the enemy.
“in a normal situation, the country would behave like it did throughout its history to protect it kids by disposing of the enemy.”

Based on your above reasoning, the Native Americans should have disposed of the uninvited Europeans. Agreed!

yyy.jpg

Republicans propose budgets when they're in power every year that grow government more than inflation, GDP, every economic measure BEFORE negotiating with Democrats. They don't cut any program.

That Republicans want to actually cut welfare is just more fake news from the lying left

uh-huh. sure. riiiiiiight.

House Republicans Drastically Cut SNAP, Taking Food Assistance from Women and Families
Posted on June 21, 2018

(Washington, D.C.) Today, House Republicans passed H.R. 2, the Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018. H.R. 2 proposes drastic cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), including restrictions on categorical eligibility, mandatory participation in the federal child support enforcement program, harsh expansions of work requirements, and increased paperwork for families and states. H.R. 2’s proposed changes to SNAP would take food assistance away from an estimated 2 million people. The Senate, however, has a bipartisan bill (S. 3042) that protects SNAP.

The following is a statement by Anna Chu, Vice-President for Strategy and Policy at the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC):

“It’s unconscionable that just six months after passing massive tax cuts for millionaires and big corporations, House Republicans have voted to take food assistance away from women and their families. Their bill makes surgical cuts to SNAP that will devastate older women, parents, children, people with disabilities and their caregivers, domestic violence survivors, and low-wage working women. Clearly this is an attack on women and families. We call on Congress to prioritize women and families and support the bipartisan Senate bill that protects SNAP.”

###

For immediate release: June 21, 2018
Contact: Maria Patrick ([email protected]) and Olympia Feil ([email protected])

House Republicans Drastically Cut SNAP, Taking Food Assistance from Women and Families - NWLC

so much for supporting a pregnant female's unborn baby.

House Farm Bill’s SNAP Cuts, Work Requirements Would Hurt Veterans
The House farm bill (H.R. 2) would end or cut SNAP (formerly food stamp) benefits for a substantial number of low-income Americans, including veterans, increasing food insecurity and hardship.

SNAP is the country’s most effective anti-hunger program, helping 1 in 8 Americans afford a basic diet. Despite providing modest benefits averaging about $1.40 per person per meal, it combats food insecurity, alleviates poverty, and has long-term positive impacts on health as well as on children’s educational attainment. The program helps nearly 1.5 million low-income veterans each year, who have acute needs and may struggle to find work, may be employed in low-wage jobs, or may have disabilities or chronic health issues. Like other SNAP participants, veterans in the program are diverse — they are working families with children, women, people with disabilities, and older workers and seniors. The country values the service and sacrifice of veterans and their families, and programs like SNAP can be important to meeting their needs.
[...]

so much for supporting our troops. i guess once they come back & aren't so shiny & intact, then they are just welfare slackers too.

the (R)s have to bring bipartisan bills to the house floor & the senate. how is that total (R) tax cut gonna get paid for?

Last edited:

yyy.jpg

House Republicans Drastically Cut SNAP, Taking Food Assistance from Women and Families
Posted on June 21, 2018

(Washington, D.C.) Today, House Republicans passed H.R. 2, the Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018. H.R. 2 proposes drastic cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), including restrictions on categorical eligibility, mandatory participation in the federal child support enforcement program, harsh expansions of work requirements, and increased paperwork for families and states. H.R. 2’s proposed changes to SNAP would take food assistance away from an estimated 2 million people. The Senate, however, has a bipartisan bill (S. 3042) that protects SNAP.

The following is a statement by Anna Chu, Vice-President for Strategy and Policy at the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC):

“It’s unconscionable that just six months after passing massive tax cuts for millionaires and big corporations, House Republicans have voted to take food assistance away from women and their families. Their bill makes surgical cuts to SNAP that will devastate older women, parents, children, people with disabilities and their caregivers, domestic violence survivors, and low-wage working women. Clearly this is an attack on women and families. We call on Congress to prioritize women and families and support the bipartisan Senate bill that protects SNAP.”

###

House Republicans Drastically Cut SNAP, Taking Food Assistance from Women and Families - NWLC

The House farm bill (H.R. 2) would end or cut SNAP (formerly food stamp) benefits for a substantial number of low-income Americans, including veterans, increasing food insecurity and hardship.

SNAP is the country’s most effective anti-hunger program, helping 1 in 8 Americans afford a basic diet. Despite providing modest benefits averaging about $1.40 per person per meal, it combats food insecurity, alleviates poverty, and has long-term positive impacts on health as well as on children’s educational attainment. The program helps nearly 1.5 million low-income veterans each year, who have acute needs and may struggle to find work, may be employed in low-wage jobs, or may have disabilities or chronic health issues. Like other SNAP participants, veterans in the program are diverse — they are working families with children, women, people with disabilities, and older workers and seniors. The country values the service and sacrifice of veterans and their families, and programs like SNAP can be important to meeting their needs.
[...]

so much for supporting our troops. i guess once they come back & aren't so shiny & intact, then they are just welfare slackers too.

the (R)s have to bring bipartisan bills to the house floor & the senate. how is that total (R) tax cut gonna get paid for?

Neither of those examples created an overall welfare spending cut. They more than increased spending in other welfare programs

yyy.jpg

Posted on June 21, 2018

###

[...]

Neither of those examples created an overall welfare spending cut. They more than increased spending in other welfare programs

lol... like what? that trillion dollar tax cut was paid for by so called 'entitlement' programs. give me credible non biased links.

Ryan says Republicans to target welfare, Medicare, Medicaid spending in 2018

Thank you.

Alright, let me be factual and admit for me it is the woman choice, so if she want to abort it up to the day before it is born, it is her choice and not mine.

( I know... )

Alright Coyote ,

My personal opinion is based on this and the reality is women will have abortions so keep it legal.

After the first trimester unless the birth of the baby poses a threat to the mother health or the child will be born with deformities that will cause the child to suffer while knowing it does not have long to live...

Just my opinion...
I go a bit further, into the second trimester. After that, the fetus is viable in that more then half survive premature birth. At that point it begins to have its own rights. Abortion should be restricted to mother’s life or healthier severe fetal deformity (as in lethal). I can live with that. You and I may not be that far apart :)

I am very liberal minded and believe in freedom of choice but also believe you should support your choice in life and not demand society to pay for your mistake.

With freedom of choice come the consequences of your actions that most of the time result costing you in the wallet.

Abortion has been the rule of the land for decades and it should not be overturned based on religious convictions.

Like I have said women will search for someone to do it, so it is better to have it done by a professional than someone with a coat hanger in the back alley...

As for when it should be denied is only one trimester between us on I say after the first and you want the second but we agree after the second it is a no on abortion unless it will cause death to the mother or in my opinion the child will be born with deformities that will make it impossible for it to live.

As for my long standing opinion about humanity should abort itself, well that is just for the greater good for Earth and our Universe but alas I am the smallest percentage of humans that wish that...

Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
So, you think that a woman, or a couple should be able to have sex, get pregnant, and then kill it, over and over, as many times as they want?

The creation of life is a gift, it's not like buying a piece of fruit and finding it is spoiled, so you just throw it away. To most people on the left, it's just a mass of tissue, and doesnt have any feelings, or thoughts etc. It is still life though.

If the left believes that it's just tissue, and has no thoughts or feelings or doesnt feel pain, so it's not worth keeping, then does that also mean that accident victims who are catatonic with no hope of recovery should just be removed from their life support and left to die? I wouldn't think so, so, why would you want to deny life to an unborn child?
How is it a gift?
Its one of the most common things on this planet.
I say it's a gift because the odds of getting pregnant, when not actively trying, are pretty low, like 11%. When you are trying, it only raises up to about 25%.

Yes, pregnancy is common, but I would imagine a lot of those pregnancies happen when least expected....or least wanted, which is why and when abortions happen.

Not to mention, we were given the ability to create life, when you think about it, that is a gift in of itself, and not something to be taken lightly.
What form of life doesnt reproduce?

What other forms of life have abortions because they dont want the baby?
Lol so that makes human life special?
Because some dont want to give birth?
What about hamsters? The mom tends to eat the young thats worse than abortion.
Is their life special too?

It is such a grotesque procedure. The stupidity level of anyone today with an unwanted pregnancy actually demands laws in regards to intercourse. For example Central Americans should not be having intercourse and then coming to the USA to put the burden on us for their mistake. So common sense sterilization is the better approach IMO.
The final step of any abortion should be sterilization.

Thank you.

( I know... )

Alright Coyote ,

Just my opinion...
I go a bit further, into the second trimester. After that, the fetus is viable in that more then half survive premature birth. At that point it begins to have its own rights. Abortion should be restricted to mother’s life or healthier severe fetal deformity (as in lethal). I can live with that. You and I may not be that far apart :)

I am very liberal minded and believe in freedom of choice but also believe you should support your choice in life and not demand society to pay for your mistake.

With freedom of choice come the consequences of your actions that most of the time result costing you in the wallet.

Abortion has been the rule of the land for decades and it should not be overturned based on religious convictions.

Like I have said women will search for someone to do it, so it is better to have it done by a professional than someone with a coat hanger in the back alley...

As for when it should be denied is only one trimester between us on I say after the first and you want the second but we agree after the second it is a no on abortion unless it will cause death to the mother or in my opinion the child will be born with deformities that will make it impossible for it to live.

As for my long standing opinion about humanity should abort itself, well that is just for the greater good for Earth and our Universe but alas I am the smallest percentage of humans that wish that...
For those who wants to end humanity.....start with yourself.

Why is rape ok?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.
I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
It seems extremely inconsistent.
I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
So, you think that a woman, or a couple should be able to have sex, get pregnant, and then kill it, over and over, as many times as they want?

The creation of life is a gift, it's not like buying a piece of fruit and finding it is spoiled, so you just throw it away. To most people on the left, it's just a mass of tissue, and doesnt have any feelings, or thoughts etc. It is still life though.

If the left believes that it's just tissue, and has no thoughts or feelings or doesnt feel pain, so it's not worth keeping, then does that also mean that accident victims who are catatonic with no hope of recovery should just be removed from their life support and left to die? I wouldn't think so, so, why would you want to deny life to an unborn child?

And...isn’t this a good reason to support free birth control, over the counter morning after pill, and solid comprehensive sex education?
No because it's YOUR responsibility......your sex life is not my business and I shouldn't have to pay for it. As for sex ed, who in their teens doesn't know how it works? They do, they just don't care, because a lack of..........wait for it...........responsibility.

Those who are anti-choice are essentially anti-baby as well. It's clear these people don't actually care about babies, they view babies as a punishment for women and their "loose morals".

Forum List

Back