Abortion Poll

Under Which Conditions Would You Support A Legal Abortion?

• Never, under no circumstances

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Never, except in cases of rape and incest

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • On demand for all, but only in the first trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • On demand for all, but only up to 20 weeks of gestation. Illegal after that.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • On demand for all, but only through the second trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • On demand for all, right up to the end of the third trimester

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
d0d25a3c36a276d433078c4a4885e791--pro-life-political-cartoons.jpg

^^^ most 'pro-life' advocates ^^^

I voted for illegal except rape and incest, I would also add life of the mother. Although using those restrictions, you need to prove them and if used as a loophole you get charged with murder.

Ah I didn't read it carefully enough, I would have chosen the one just below.
Why is rape ok?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.
I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
It seems extremely inconsistent.

Only retards think ripping the heads off of babies is funny.

Only retards insist on promoting false racist canards against Planned Parenthood.

Planned parenthood kills over 800 black babies per day

Investigation: Planned Parenthood speeds targeting of minorities

Common knowledge

From a Pro-Life site full of red flag language.
Red flag language? Is that a new euphemism for lies and propaganda?
No. But it usually includes those.
Just for my own edification, do you mean inflammatory language?

I voted for illegal except rape and incest, I would also add life of the mother. Although using those restrictions, you need to prove them and if used as a loophole you get charged with murder.

Why is rape ok?

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do not support the extreme of outlawing ALL abortion. The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion also do not support restricting ANY form of contraception because using contraception is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancies, I won't mention Abstinence because that is completely ridiculous and also I add totally abnormal as we are in general sexual beings.

The majority of peoples who are anti-Abortion do have the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the mother is concerned.

In the cases of rape, women who have been raped have a right not to suffer psychological damage and scarring by being forced to carry a rapists child for nine months and then give birth to it.

This is a very complex issue, that involves both physical trauma but more devastatingly enduring psychological trauma that could last for the rest of the womans life and also lead to suicidal tendency, so to avoid all of that it's important that if a woman is raped she is allowed the right for her own psychological well-being to have an abortion if she wishes to.

In the cases of incest, many of the same reasons as with rape, but also with the added complications of Inbreeding and the problems, specifically health issues with regard to the immune system that Interbred children suffer from.

In the cases where the life of the Mother is concerned, I fail to see how it's moral to allow a woman to die in order to save the foetus, sometimes the decision has to be to save the life of the Mother and most women can go on to have healthy pregnancies and thus more children, allowing the woman to die also doesn't allow that possibility of course.

To me this is being rational and reasonable re. abortion, it's illustrating compassion for social victims but at the same time it's condemning women who choose to have their baby murdered as it slumbers in the womb because to allow it to be born would be inconvenient to their lifestyle. Those women are no different than a woman who drowns her baby at birth or stabs it to death when it's aged two years in age.

The pro-Abortion crowd are the Extremists, they want Abortion on Demand, Abortion to be allowed as a contraception option.

I'm anti-Abortion with the exceptions of rape, incest and where the life of the Mother is concerned, I don't support abortion being used as a means of contraception that is murdering a child because it's an inconvenience.

Abortion on demand, getting pregnant and then saying you want an abortion because a baby isn't convenient and will mess up your career or lifestyle, that's using abortion as contraception.

If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant it's simple, use contraception, there are a variety of contraceptives that can be used, either use the contraception or keep her legs closed.
I just dont get it. If you think a fetus is a human being, why is it ok to kill them under certain circumstances?
I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.

Why is rape ok?

I say, if you have an abortion, no worries, have another abortion within 5 to 10 years, you get fixed, and if the 2nd abortion was with the same man, he gets fixed too.
Funny how the same people who think guns should be totally unregulated want that same gubmint to insert itself into decisions that should only be between a woman and her doctor.
Funny how the people who think guns should be extremely regulated are the ones calling our President fascist :disbelief:

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Please select the option which comes closest to your feelings about abortion.

Thank you.

Your OP and poll are entirely different subjects. Your poll asks what should be legal and your OP asks what are our feelings about abortion.

I realize as a leftist, to you what you want and what should be legal are the same. Just FYI, to most other people those are different questions

Why is rape ok?

Agreed. With guns and abortion, leftists and socons are both hypocrites as you both want selective ubiquitous government power. I'm pro-second amendment and pro-choice because I'm not a hypocrite like you and the socons are

Voted for the option of the procedure being legal at all times, based on the fact that any other option would result in removing the right of the woman to make the decision as to how to proceed and give it to the government instead. Women should not be forced to deal with Big-Government authorities on such an intimate matter. Some states even now require that a person seeking an abortion has to first have a forced meeting with some entity approved by the government for the purpose of indoctrination. Some state governments even require that a woman undergo a completely unnecessary medical examination, which she, not the state, must pay for.

BTW: I never use the term "abortion on demand" because every medical procedure performed in the U.S. is "on demand" unless the person is unconscious in the ER, and it is an attempt to manipulate the language to imply that some level of government should make the decision instead of the woman and that she should submit herself to the government.

The idea that people who have taken a pregnancy to six months would somehow decide on whimsy to end the pregnancy is one of the stupidest, most ignorant things I've ever heard.

Why is rape ok?

Funny how the people who think guns should be extremely regulated are the ones calling our President fascist :disbelief:
Yeah well I’m not a religious zealot and couldn’t care less what some christifascist thinks. And there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that prohibits regulation. Thanks for playing

Have a good day. And as usual nice false equivalency. But please let me know when the law turns women into incubators for Jesus

Why is rape ok?

Yeah well I’m not a religious zealot and couldn’t care less what some christifascist thinks. And there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that prohibits regulation. Thanks for playing

Have a good day. And as usual nice false equivalency. But please let me know when the law turns women into incubators for Jesus
Did you just call me religious?

I voted on demand up until the 3rd trimester.
I dont believe the unborn are human beings. I also dont believe in the govt forcing a person to go against their will as long as they are not impeding on anothers rights.
Yah, the option is imperfect to what I think, but it's closest to my opinion. So, I voted.

If you take the 14th at face value, which I do, then a fetus gains no rights till it can exist outside the womb. The problem with Roe is two fold: it created a federal right to address a state problem that was resulting in thousands of women being maimed, and secondly it used science to justify its holding under who is a citizen, and science is never static.

Almost 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester; it is an embryo.
images

There is no suffering involved.

God is suffering for the murder of one of His flock.

That embryo could have been president one day.

On the day Lyndon B Johnson was born. his father rode horseback through the countryside proclaiming, "A United States Senator was born today!"

I don't see an option that fits me....my choice would be:

On demand through first trimester and second trimester (it's very rare then anyway). Only in certain cases for the third - mother's life or health in danger, severe fatal fetal deformaties.
Yeah, that would be mine, too. That particular combination is probably as close to a compromise as this issue is going to get.

The one thing I don't understand from the Pro Life side: Many are willing to make it legal in the cases of rape and incest. If all "life is sacred", then why wouldn't these pregnancies qualify?
Exactly....the only consistent pro life position (and I respect those, usulally Catholics, who hold it) is only if mother’s life is in danger, and they also oppose the death penalty.
What?
how does opposing the death penalty figure?
Pro life doesn't mean no death. It means innocents should be protected, murderers are not innocent, and they should receive justice. And the rape/incest I have an issue with, but im willing to compromise on that, to save the vast majority that are not involved in that.

Why is rape ok?

It is a human but if the mothers life is at stake, i'll let the family choose one. As for rape/incest, I think it is murder, but because of the crime and the fact that I don't want to argue this minute amount of people while millions die, I'll let it slide

Why is rape ok?

no you're an idiot.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
What does infringe mean?

in·fringe
inˈfrinj/
verb
past tense: infringed; past participle: infringed
  1. actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.).
    "making an unauthorized copy would infringe copyright"
    synonyms: contravene, violate, transgress, break, breach; More
    disobey, defy, flout, fly in the face of;
    disregard, ignore, neglect;
    go beyond, overstep, exceed;
    infract
    "the statute infringed constitutionally guaranteed rights"
    antonyms: obey, comply with
    • act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.
      "his legal rights were being infringed"
      synonyms: restrict, limit, curb, check, encroach on; More
    So yeah Jillian, no limits or encroaching on my right to bear arms....sorry it's in the constitution, deal with it.

Why is rape ok?

It is a human but if the mothers life is at stake, i'll let the family choose one. As for rape/incest, I think it is murder, but because of the crime and the fact that I don't want to argue this minute amount of people while millions die, I'll let it slide
Honest. I like it.
Thanks!

Forum List

Back