Abortion and morality

Prove it.

“Abortion numbers go down when the economy is good and go up when the economy is bad, so the stalling may be a function of a weaker economy,” said University of Alabama political science professor Michael New. “If the economy does better, you’ll see numbers trending down again.”

Rise in abortions during recession stalls longtime drop - Washington Times

Rates for abortion increased during U.S. recession - Marriage & Family - Home & Family - Catholic Online

US abortion rate on rise after years of decline economic recession blamed | Mail Online

There are several factors that effect abortion rates, I'm not suggesting the recession is the only one. The economy is one of them, social stigma, and government policy are a few others.

One of the largest problems with the proud ignorance - ie. stupidity - of modern liberals is the constant need to repeat the phrase "Correlation does not equal causation", because they're too goddamned uninformed and unpracticed in logical thought to know it any other way.

And if you don't understand what I just said, you just proved my point. Go look it up.

So you didn't like the proof I see..

And why are your posts always filled with so much hate? I don't think I have ever seen you post anything remotely friendly.

“Abortion numbers go down when the economy is good and go up when the economy is bad, so the stalling may be a function of a weaker economy,” said University of Alabama political science professor Michael New. “If the economy does better, you’ll see numbers trending down again.”

Rates for abortion increased during U.S. recession - Marriage & Family - Home & Family - Catholic Online

US abortion rate on rise after years of decline economic recession blamed | Mail Online

There are several factors that effect abortion rates, I'm not suggesting the recession is the only one. The economy is one of them, social stigma, and government policy are a few others.

One of the largest problems with the proud ignorance - ie. stupidity - of modern liberals is the constant need to repeat the phrase "Correlation does not equal causation", because they're too goddamned uninformed and unpracticed in logical thought to know it any other way.

And if you don't understand what I just said, you just proved my point. Go look it up.

And why are your posts always filled with so much hate? I don't think I have ever seen you post anything remotely friendly.

Obviously when one’s argument fails she can resort to only personal attack.

Considering that about 1mm abortions occurred last year, Unkotare and Cecilie1200's opinions mattered nothing at all.

Considering that women voted 55% and single women 66% for Obama, U and C's opinions are going to matter even less in the future.

Obviously when one’s argument fails she can resort to only personal attack.

No, I just think she is angry woman all the time.

Considering that about 1mm abortions occurred last year, Unkotare and Cecilie1200's opinions mattered nothing at all.

Considering that women voted 55% and single women 66% for Obama, U and C's opinions are going to matter even less in the future.

Unless those women get married...

Whats the rate of teenage pregnancy in the Netherlands?

They have birth control, and start sex education at around 9 yrs old. Their rate of teen pregnancy is a lot lower than that of the US. I wonder why...

What part of "The United States is not other countries" can you just not wrap your brain around, dimwit?

Get out a map. Look at the United States. Look at The Netherlands. Compare the two. Contemplate the many and vast differences between them. Consider the possibility that those differences make them not comparable to each other.

Fucking foreign halfwit morons. Jeez. :slap:

I thought education could be for anyone, and geography didn't matter.

But, like they said, our pregnancy rate is higher, yet we have less sexual education.

Their pregnancy rate is LOWER, yet they have MORE sexual education.

Maybe education is the way to go, especially if it's proved to be effective elsewhere.

Our pregnancy rate is not a problem (to say the least). The number of intact families is the problem.

Every time we were getting our ass kicked at halftime we went in and adjusted, changed schemes on the line and learned. Changed gap responsibility or something. Anything, but we changed.
But not the Republicans, Rush and Sean will not let them.
So we will lose once again if we allow the right wing loonies to keep going with the same scheme we lose with.
This IS NOT rocket science sports fans.

Women voted 55% against our GOP.

That will not change until our stance on abortion changes.

Unless those women get married...

The far right extremists and the right wing social anti-abortion progressives seem not to care. Hopefully, we can educate them.

Every time we were getting our ass kicked at halftime we went in and adjusted, changed schemes on the line and learned. Changed gap responsibility or something. Anything, but we changed.
But not the Republicans, Rush and Sean will not let them.
So we will lose once again if we allow the right wing loonies to keep going with the same scheme we lose with.
This IS NOT rocket science sports fans.

Are you going to tell me that a zygote has hairs on their head?

In the southern states, sperm has hair on it.

None of it matters though cuz, abortion is no one's business except the woman.

And, all this mental masturbation aside, abortion is legal in the United States.

Ahh. So you're bang alongside that woman in Ireland dying, because abortion is illegal in Ireland, and you believe that legality equals morality? Or is it that the law is the immutable be-all and end-all only when it favors your position, and is otherwise to be protested, fought, and changed?

You might as well consider all of this rhetorical, since any answer you might muster up the balls to give would just show you as a hypocritical little pusbag.

I'm not sure where koshergrl gets her version of history, given that the CDC says the teen birth rate in the USA is at a record low.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 89 - April 2012

db89_fig1.png

You DO know that there's a difference between a "birth rate" and a "pregnancy rate", don't you?

Riiiight. "There's no fucking proof here!" definitely translates to "I didn't like the proof" . . . if you're a liberal, educated in liberal public schools, who has to have three tries at it to read her own name.

Why are my posts filled with hate? I'm kinda quirky, in that I hate stupidity, and I hate even more when people who are pig-stupid proudly and arrogantly proclaim themselves to be otherwise, and I feel no compulsion to help those people feel good about themselves when I believe they really, REALLY shouldn't.

You are, however, incorrect (BIG surprise!) about whether or not I'm friendly. I'm very friendly . . . to people who are worthy of my friendship and respect. What you haven't seen is any friendly posts directed at YOU, because if you were on fire, I wouldn't consider you worthy of enough respect for me to piss on you to put you out. And, being a leftist, you naturally consider yourself the center of the universe, and therefore none of the posts that I direct to other people ever register on your consciousness. I'm not friendly to YOU, ergo I'm not friendly.

If you don't want me to hold you in contempt, try not to be such a contemptible person. I'm not a leftist, so I don't respond to demands for respect that isn't earned.

Abortion concerns only a single individual

Obviously that is not true.

Is a blastocyst a person now?

Is there something in the definition of "blastocyst" that makes the two mutually exclusive, Noah Webster? It's always so cute when semi-literate twits start tossing around medical terminology they don't understand in the mistaken beliefs that 1) it makes them sound educated, and 2) it supports their arguments.

"Look, there's this whole other word! That must mean it's a whole other THING!"

Whats the rate of teenage pregnancy in the Netherlands?

They have birth control, and start sex education at around 9 yrs old. Their rate of teen pregnancy is a lot lower than that of the US. I wonder why...

What part of "The United States is not other countries" can you just not wrap your brain around, dimwit?

Get out a map. Look at the United States. Look at The Netherlands. Compare the two. Contemplate the many and vast differences between them. Consider the possibility that those differences make them not comparable to each other.

Fucking foreign halfwit morons. Jeez. :slap:

I thought education could be for anyone, and geography didn't matter.

But, like they said, our pregnancy rate is higher, yet we have less sexual education.

Their pregnancy rate is LOWER, yet they have MORE sexual education.

Maybe education is the way to go, especially if it's proved to be effective elsewhere.
Unfortunately, the numbers don't support that.

Children (and adults) are better educated about sex than they were in the 1970s...yet we still get more abortions

So obviously, education is NOT to blame for our abortion rate. It must be something else.

So maybe the state should stop sanctioning promiscuity for a while

Forum List

Back