ABC,CBS,NBC,etc. do not produce "fake news".... what they do is present...

"biased" news. And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM.
Biased news.
Now most of you biased MSM defenders say well what about Fox? Yes the present a "biased" news also.
But instead of "biased" left or Democrat or progressive, Fox presents BALANCED news that just appears
because it is "balanced" biased!

So rather then let the FACTS speak for themselves, i.e. the MSM does not produce fake news but biased news, I will open this dialogue with intelligent open minded people and prove me wrong, i.e. that the MSM present the news in a biased left leaning democrat favoring manner.

To set the tone for this I ask you open minded people (of which there are truly a small number for sure)
to honestly assess the perceptions of Americans when it comes to the MSM.
According to Gallup, only 32% of Americans still believe the lies, half-truths, and shameless propaganda being offered by the old media:
Now mind you this is saying only 32% of Americans think the MSM is to be believed.

It's not that the MSM is producing "fake news"... again... it is HOW they present it is a biased fashion.
Let's look at the latest example of how the MSM biases the news...

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer came under fire Tuesday after saying that Adolf Hitler “didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons” against his own people like Syrian strongman Bashar Al-Assad. Spicer, speaking from the White House podium at the daily press briefing, said that Hitler, whom he called “despicable,” did not use “the gas on his own people the same way Assad used them.”
Now, if you parse Spicer’s statement carefully enough, there’s both a strictly literally defensible position and a grain of general truth there.
It’s true that chemical weapons were banned by common agreement after World War I. It’s true that the combatants in World War II, Nazi Germany included, generally adhered to that ban.
It’s true that large-scale chemical attacks on civilian targets have been been deployed freely by the Assad regime, in ways that have no direct parallel even in the cornucopia of atrocities that was the Second World War in Europe.
Spicer, after several botched efforts to clean up this wholly unnecessary rhetorical mess (some of which came off as if Spicer was suggesting that German Jews were not Hitler’s “own people”), apologized.
Sean Spicer Steps in a Hitler Mess

But what did the MSM ABC,CBS,NBC lead with their MAIN story on Tuesday 4/11/17?
In spite of more dramatic events that occurred they all led off their newscast like this:
WHY was this a "firestorm"???? Why did these MSM people insist Spicer needed to resign?
Again.... read the above closer and you will see why most of us don't believe the MSM!

View attachment 121943
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low

ABC, NBC and CBS are network channels and are held to a higher bar in FCC regulations. Cable news channels are held to looser rules and can get away with a lot of punditry, as we can plainly see. If this weren't so, Brian Williams would not have been demoted and then allowed to come back, but only on MSNBC.

Yes, Williams is the "new boot" liar there.

And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM. Biased news.
Yes, most of the mainstream media is clearly biased to the Left, it no longer makes much of an effort to hide it, and it's nice to see someone who understands the distinction between "biased" news and "fake" news.

I'd disagree about what's happening on the Right, though. First, what was originally meant by "fake news" was the goofy shit being quoted from sites like Breitbart, Alex Jones, and WND. Stuff that was just demonstrably wrong, obviously made up. And FOX, while they do a better job of presenting pundits from both sides, is almost cartoonish in the way it presents the news, and its over editorial bias is as clear as that of CNN and MSNBC.

Our "media" in this country is a fucking disgrace.

It's fep0
"biased" news. And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM.
Biased news.
Now most of you biased MSM defenders say well what about Fox? Yes the present a "biased" news also.
But instead of "biased" left or Democrat or progressive, Fox presents BALANCED news that just appears

So rather then let the FACTS speak for themselves, i.e. the MSM does not produce fake news but biased news, I will open this dialogue with intelligent open minded people and prove me wrong, i.e. that the MSM present the news in a biased left leaning democrat favoring manner.

To set the tone for this I ask you open minded people (of which there are truly a small number for sure)
According to Gallup, only 32% of Americans still believe the lies, half-truths, and shameless propaganda being offered by the old media:
Now mind you this is saying only 32% of Americans think the MSM is to be believed.

It's not that the MSM is producing "fake news"... again... it is HOW they present it is a biased fashion.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer came under fire Tuesday after saying that Adolf Hitler “didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons” against his own people like Syrian strongman Bashar Al-Assad. Spicer, speaking from the White House podium at the daily press briefing, said that Hitler, whom he called “despicable,” did not use “the gas on his own people the same way Assad used them.”
Now, if you parse Spicer’s statement carefully enough, there’s both a strictly literally defensible position and a grain of general truth there.
It’s true that chemical weapons were banned by common agreement after World War I. It’s true that the combatants in World War II, Nazi Germany included, generally adhered to that ban.
It’s true that large-scale chemical attacks on civilian targets have been been deployed freely by the Assad regime, in ways that have no direct parallel even in the cornucopia of atrocities that was the Second World War in Europe.
Spicer, after several botched efforts to clean up this wholly unnecessary rhetorical mess (some of which came off as if Spicer was suggesting that German Jews were not Hitler’s “own people”), apologized.

In spite of more dramatic events that occurred they all led off their newscast like this:
WHY was this a "firestorm"???? Why did these MSM people insist Spicer needed to resign?
Again.... read the above closer and you will see why most of us don't believe the MSM!

View attachment 121943

This thread is nothing more than an echo of the RW meme that the MSM is biased by liberals who support the Democratic Party. It is an example of a BIG LIE, which when repeated ad nausea the biddable - i.e. easily led - public will believe.

Spicer, for example, does not give a press conference, and never has since his first appearance as a Trump sycophant. To pretend Fox News, or Breitbart and et al Internet sources are "news" and not propaganda wrapped in damn lies and character assassinations is foolish and a damn lie itself.

But let's give the Alt. Right credit, they have effectively done what what the Republican Party wanted, to dumb down American voters. Time will tell how many of these biddable and retarded Trump voters will one day realize they created the monster of Authoritarianism, which B. Franklin warned us about when he said, "you have a Republic, if you can keep it".

Oh how you forget political hack

Has Hillary Clinton not had a press conference in 269 days?

And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM. Biased news.
Yes, most of the mainstream media is clearly biased to the Left, it no longer makes much of an effort to hide it, and it's nice to see someone who understands the distinction between "biased" news and "fake" news.

I'd disagree about what's happening on the Right, though. First, what was originally meant by "fake news" was the goofy shit being quoted from sites like Breitbart, Alex Jones, and WND. Stuff that was just demonstrably wrong, obviously made up. And FOX, while they do a better job of presenting pundits from both sides, is almost cartoonish in the way it presents the news, and its over editorial bias is as clear as that of CNN and MSNBC.

It's fep0
Biased news.

View attachment 121943

This thread is nothing more than an echo of the RW meme that the MSM is biased by liberals who support the Democratic Party. It is an example of a BIG LIE, which when repeated ad nausea the biddable - i.e. easily led - public will believe.

Spicer, for example, does not give a press conference, and never has since his first appearance as a Trump sycophant. To pretend Fox News, or Breitbart and et al Internet sources are "news" and not propaganda wrapped in damn lies and character assassinations is foolish and a damn lie itself.

But let's give the Alt. Right credit, they have effectively done what what the Republican Party wanted, to dumb down American voters. Time will tell how many of these biddable and retarded Trump voters will one day realize they created the monster of Authoritarianism, which B. Franklin warned us about when he said, "you have a Republic, if you can keep it".

You're a prime example of what this thread is about you complain about Spicer not giving a press conference but will leave out Hillary went almost a fucking year in her campaign with out giving a press conference

tom-mostlytrue.png

It's fep0
Biased news.

View attachment 121943

You're a prime example of what this thread is about you complain about Spicer not giving a press conference but will leave out Hillary went almost a fucking year in her campaign with out giving a press conference

tom-mostlytrue.png

What Wry Catcher just did was not fake news, it was biased. Not providing all the facts. He was using hyperbole to try to prove something...

Several surveys have said that FOX only gets it right 60 percent of the time.

As far as what do I consider reliable news? Well, there is a new news channel out there and they air on HBO (yeah, I know, pay cable, but what ya gonna do). It's called VICE News, and they air every night at 6:30 CST on HBO, M through Thurs, with a VICE in depth special on 2 subjects on Fridays. I like them because it's just the facts, and there appears to be zero bias in their reporting.

Same reason I trust BBC news. Their reporters throw little to zero of their own opinion in the story.

The surveys use loaded questions.

And I am with the OP when I think of fake news I think of the tabloids, the main stream media does not intentionally do fake news it's biased, it only tells us half the story sometimes and leaves out key facts that would go against their narrative.

It's up to the public to research more what you read or heard and don't take them for their word.

That is intentional misleading of the citizenry. Its propaganda, which makes it fake ... on purpose.

To me it's just being biased with holding all the facts...

Not out right fake, we all do it and not most will admit it.

Fake news story's are like from the old onion or again the tabloids were a quarter are real mixed in with totally fake so you buy it and read it.

That's what it used to mean. However, for years the left (including Obama) have been calling Fox News fake news, illegitimate, etc. Now that the Right is calling out CNN and other LW MSM for the EXACT same thing, we should change the verbiage back to pre-2009? Why? When the Right bitches about the misuse of words, the Left insists that language evolves. Phobic now means disagree with rather than a debilitating fear causing panic attacks. Fake news means biased or spin. That's how it has been used for the last 8 years so that's how it will be used for the next 8.

As far as what do I consider reliable news? Well, there is a new news channel out there and they air on HBO (yeah, I know, pay cable, but what ya gonna do). It's called VICE News, and they air every night at 6:30 CST on HBO, M through Thurs, with a VICE in depth special on 2 subjects on Fridays. I like them because it's just the facts, and there appears to be zero bias in their reporting.

Same reason I trust BBC news. Their reporters throw little to zero of their own opinion in the story.

And I am with the OP when I think of fake news I think of the tabloids, the main stream media does not intentionally do fake news it's biased, it only tells us half the story sometimes and leaves out key facts that would go against their narrative.

It's up to the public to research more what you read or heard and don't take them for their word.

That is intentional misleading of the citizenry. Its propaganda, which makes it fake ... on purpose.

Fake news story's are like from the old onion or again the tabloids were a quarter are real mixed in with totally fake so you buy it and read it.

That's what it used to mean. However, for years the left (including Obama) have been calling Fox News fake news, illegitimate, etc. Now that the Right is calling out CNN and other LW MSM for the EXACT same thing, we should change the verbiage back to pre-2009? Why? When the Right bitches about the misuse of words, the Left insists that language evolves. Phobic now means disagree with rather than a debilitating fear causing panic attacks. Fake news means biased or spin. That's how it has been used for the last 8 years so that's how it will be used for the next 8.

Thanks for the clarification, was wondering what this new term is, But kind of harsh to the left and right don't you think?

Because 60% ~ 80% of it is not fake in the story's

The media and the press has been losing influence for years. The more the people show they do not agree with the mainline reporting today the more crazy the media becomes.
Trump's victory shows the media has lost the majority of the nation and I do say they are losing more and more every day.

Thanks for the clarification, was wondering what this new term is, But kind of harsh to the left and right don't you think?

Lying by omission is lying. When Pravda only uses partial truths in its propaganda, is it just biased? I don't think so. It is worse than biased. It is deliberate misinformation to deceive the masses. It is not accidental or a minor deviation. It is intentional deceit to promote their agenda. It is lying. It's fake. I don't find it harsh to call out media, who are our defense against corrupt politicians, when they betray their purpose and intentionally promote one corrupt politician over another corrupt politician. It's worse than fake. It's anti-American and dangerous. They need to be called out every time they pull this B.S. We need to put a stop to it. Until it stops, the light needs to be shined on it (on both sides) until no one tunes in. Already, few believe the media. Large grains of salt ... yuge!

Media went from reporting events to creating events to faking events

I would say the media has gone from being objective to being subjective. I mean seriously when this happened? What conclusion would anyone come to?
96%toDemosbyMSM.png

Because the two decades ago Miss Universe has Scintillating feelings involved which libs lap up but those stone cold accurate facts about Soros are just boring facts
And now the same (((scum))) who decide what you should know at the Washington Post, are going to do the same at (((stolen))) Facebook.

Lying by omission is lying. When Pravda only uses partial truths in its propaganda, is it just biased? I don't think so. It is worse than biased. It is deliberate misinformation to deceive the masses. It is not accidental or a minor deviation. It is intentional deceit to promote their agenda. It is lying. It's fake. I don't find it harsh to call out media, who are our defense against corrupt politicians, when they betray their purpose and intentionally promote one corrupt politician over another corrupt politician. It's worse than fake. It's anti-American and dangerous. They need to be called out every time they pull this B.S. We need to put a stop to it. Until it stops, the light needs to be shined on it (on both sides) until no one tunes in. Already, few believe the media. Large grains of salt ... yuge!

I agree they are lying by omission and by emphasis or de-emphasis of a story.
Case in point... Right now did a search on "Trump anti-immigrant"!
Where in these "anti-immigrant" is the adjective "ILLEGAL"?
But look at some of the synopsis ....
"Trump's anti-immigrant policies are scaring families"???https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/03/trump-safety-net.../520779/
"Trump's Anti-immigrant making America less great"???www.huffingtonpost.com/.../trumps-anti-immigrant-policies-are-making-america_us
Republicans Reveal Trump's Anti-Immigrant Endgame: Restricting ... www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/donald-trump-legal-immigration

What ONE ADJECTIVE IS MISSING??????
I've not heard ONE time where Trump ever ever said he was "anti-immigrant"! Geez he's married to an immigrant!
And what the MSM and others keep forgetting is 40 million plus Americans ARE "LEGAL immigrant" Americans...like my daughter-in-law and they are truly
pissed that they worked hard to come to this America legally and those criminals that came illegally are considered the good guys!

That's why the vast vast majority of "LEGAL immigrants" are very happy and also "VOTED" for Trump!
Because it is truly not fair for Trump's wife, my daughter-in-law and millions of other Legal immigrants to be lumped together as "anti-immigrant"????
Absolute hypocrisy on the MSM's part for not using the adjective "ILLEGAL"!!!

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.11.57 PM.png

Trumps negatives comments were directed toward law breaking illegals and Never immigrants, he did even use the word, but libs and MSM never miss An opportunity to create inaccuracies that they present as facts

I would say the media has gone from being objective to being subjective. I mean seriously when this happened? What conclusion would anyone come to?
View attachment 121955[/QUOTE]

I know it happened near the tail-end of Clinton's presidency. Something changed then that allowed media much more leeway with the truth without facing consequences.

All the networks do is take the "approved" AP propaganda and apply their own little spin to it.

FOX, too.

Fake News: Here’s an Example from AP - NewsHawk Network <<Have tinfoil hat ready.

This is a blog. Hahahhaaa....Sorry, Charlie. No cred.
About NHN - NewsHawk Network

UH-OH! It gets worse. NHN "Submit a Story"
""Submit a Story
Do you have a story you believe is newsworthy?
Are you able to write or video this story yourself?
Do you need our help with producing it?
Please complete this form and we’ll get back to you."""

Media went from reporting events to creating events to faking events

Yeah, I didn't have time because of that Easter/dinner thing, you know?

I know you won't like this one, but it's accurate. :p

The Ultimate “Fake News” List

MSM BIAS: Headlines From the Women's March vs. March for Life Prove It

16 Fake News Stories Reporters Have Run Since Trump Won <<This one is pretty good and recent.

CNN cuts off Bernie Sanders on LIVE for calling CNN Fake News -- Sott.net <<CNN cuts Bernie off. They cut a lot of people off.

List of biased journalists: REVEALED: The Real Fake News List

I wanted to compile every CNN fake news story against Trump since he became the Republican nominee. I got bored by the time I hit #50. Here they are. • r/The_Donald

^User compiled list of fake news stories run in 2016

Lol, fox news produces fake crap...

Cnn, Abc, cbs and nbc produce real news that promotes reality...Something liberterians hate.
Could you post an example of Fox fake news?

I can give you two examples, and both CNN as well as FOX made the same mistake both times.

First one was when the SC ruled that the ACA was constitutional. FOX and CNN only read the first page and thought that the SC had ruled against it. MSNBC was the only channel at the time that bothered to read the whole thing, and shortly after CNN and FOX said it was struck down, MSNBC reported that it had been upheld.

Second example is when the Boston Marathon bombers were being chased. Again, both CNN and FOX reported that it was done by Muslim terrorists and that they had been captured and killed, when in fact they weren't caught for another day.

That was unintentional, trying to break the story first...

I'd rather get the story slow and accurate rather than first and wrong.

But I can't stand when they leave out facts and then I have to argue with a person about it
All the networks do is take the "approved" AP propaganda and apply their own little spin to it.

FOX, too.

Fake News: Here’s an Example from AP - NewsHawk Network <<Have tinfoil hat ready.

Network television is simply 22 minutes of headlines. They do not go into depth on any story. But they closely align with AP and Reuters, too. They are not allowed to opine and they don't. Because if they do they can be sued.

For the most part you are correct

As my original point was they don't do FAKE news... they present BIASED news stories.
As I pointed out regarding Trump's being "anti-immigrant".... the MSM leaves out the simple adjective "Illegal"... in any news piece regarding Trump and illegal immigrants.
Such a simple device but influences masses to such an erroneous opinion.
For those of you that are unaware... I'm going to shout...
TRUMP IS MARRIED TO A LEGAL IMMIGRANT...SO WHY WOULD HE BE AGAINST IMMIGRANTS?
MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW IS A "LEGAL IMMIGRANT"... SO WHY WOULD I BE AGAINST IMMIGRANTS?
40 MILLION PLUS AMERICANS MOST OF THEM VOTED FOR TRUMP ARE "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS"... SO WHY WOULD THEY BE AGAINST "IMMIGRANTS"?

Could you post an example of Fox fake news?

I can give you two examples, and both CNN as well as FOX made the same mistake both times.

First one was when the SC ruled that the ACA was constitutional. FOX and CNN only read the first page and thought that the SC had ruled against it. MSNBC was the only channel at the time that bothered to read the whole thing, and shortly after CNN and FOX said it was struck down, MSNBC reported that it had been upheld.

Second example is when the Boston Marathon bombers were being chased. Again, both CNN and FOX reported that it was done by Muslim terrorists and that they had been captured and killed, when in fact they weren't caught for another day.

That was unintentional, trying to break the story first...

I'd rather get the story slow and accurate rather than first and wrong.

But I can't stand when they leave out facts and then I have to argue with a person about it

FOX, too.

Network television is simply 22 minutes of headlines. They do not go into depth on any story. But they closely align with AP and Reuters, too. They are not allowed to opine and they don't. Because if they do they can be sued.

For the most part you are correct

As my original point was they don't do FAKE news... they present BIASED news stories.
As I pointed out regarding Trump's being "anti-immigrant".... the MSM leaves out the simple adjective "Illegal"... in any news piece regarding Trump and illegal immigrants.
Such a simple device but influences masses to such an erroneous opinion.
For those of you that are unaware... I'm going to shout...
TRUMP IS MARRIED TO A LEGAL IMMIGRANT...SO WHY WOULD HE BE AGAINST IMMIGRANTS?
MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW IS A "LEGAL IMMIGRANT"... SO WHY WOULD I BE AGAINST IMMIGRANTS?
40 MILLION PLUS AMERICANS MOST OF THEM VOTED FOR TRUMP ARE "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS"... SO WHY WOULD THEY BE AGAINST "IMMIGRANTS"?

Exactly...

"Trump's anti-immigrant policies are scaring families"???https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/03/trump-safety-net.../520779/
"Trump's Anti-immigrant making America less great"???www.huffingtonpost.com/.../trumps-anti-immigrant-policies-are-making-america_us
Republicans Reveal Trump's Anti-Immigrant Endgame: Restricting ... www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/donald-trump-legal-immigration

I've not heard ONE time where Trump ever ever said he was "anti-immigrant"! Geez he's married to an immigrant!
And what the MSM and others keep forgetting is 40 million plus Americans ARE "LEGAL immigrant" Americans...like my daughter-in-law and they are truly
pissed that they worked hard to come to this America legally and those criminals that came illegally are considered the good guys!

That's why the vast vast majority of "LEGAL immigrants" are very happy and also "VOTED" for Trump!
Because it is truly not fair for Trump's wife, my daughter-in-law and millions of other Legal immigrants to be lumped together as "anti-immigrant"????

View attachment 121956
If you search on "anti-immigrant", you aren't going to get "anti-illegal immigrant". But even that is problematic. You can be anti-immigration without being anti-immigrant in the same way you can be on a diet without being anti-food.

View attachment 121956
If you search on "anti-immigrant", you aren't going to get "anti-illegal immigrant". But even that is problematic. You can be anti-immigration without being anti-immigrant in the same way you can be on a diet without being anti-food.

That comparison makes NO sense.
Being on a diet doesn't require (YET) compliance with any laws that I know of.

My major point which seems to be lost on you is the biased news presentation of Trump and people like me as being against ALL immigrants!
I am like most people a believer in following the laws of this land. 40+million "LEGAL immigrants" do too as well as Trump.
But most importantly and I think people like you totally ignore this is that the exceptionalism of the USA is BECAUSE of the "legal immigrants" that GIVE up their
native citizenship to become Legal Americans. These people like my daughter-in-law saw opportunities in the USA that Ukraine could never offer and she gave up
her citizenship to become a Legal American. And she like the 40+million "legal immigrants" are truly what makes America exceptional.
NOT illegals that come here to send money back to their home countries. Not to take advantage of America's generosity.
"Legal Immigrants" are what makes America exceptional. So why would me, Trump, and 40 million people be anti-immigrant?
Yet the MSM forgets that adjective. And simple minded people jump to false conclusions that ALL of us that enjoy "legal immigrants" don't want ANY immigrants.
Which is so far from the truth it is pathetic.

Forum List

Back