ABC Admits Media Is Bush's Opposition

red states rule said:
You must be in a constant state of PMS little girl

And she must have me on "ignore", because her little game doesn't go over with me... and she knows it.

I''m not a stay at home mom, widdle boy. Clearning is a family job. As for your article about Olberman, doesn't prove liberal bias. Everyone has a bias. And the "topic at hand" WAS liberal bias. Isolated cases of purported bias don't show anything. I could just as easily put up an article from the Wash Times and arrive at the opposite hypothesis.

You just don't like Olberman because he makes your guy O'Reilly look like the ijit he is. :D

Now I have to go do the job I get paid for.

Laterz, widdle boy... now go out and play and get some exercise. It's a beautiful summer day. :)

Pale Rider said:
And she must have me on "ignore", because her little game doesn't go over with me... and she knows it.

I don't bother putting people on ignore. Responding to you is just a waste of my time when there are conservatives around with whom I can have intelligent conversations. :happy2:

jillian said:
I don't bother putting people on ignore. Responding to you is just a waste of my time when there are conservatives around with whom I can have intelligent conversations. :happy2:

You "ignore" anyone who can defeat you in a debate

Which is anyone over the age of seven

I do believe you may be Helen Thomas............

http://newsbusters.org/node/6477
Tony Snow Quips to Helen Thomas: 'Thank You for the Hezbollah View'
Posted by Greg Sheffield on July 18, 2006 - 18:34.
During Today's press briefing, press secretary Tony Snow had another testy exchange with Helen Thomas.
Highlights:

"Well, thank you for the Hezbollah view."

"Please let me finish. I know this is great entertainment," said the press secretary.

Helen Thomas kept bringing up an imaginary cease-fire, to which Snow finally remarked, "All right, this is hectoring now," and moved on to another questioner.

Outside the Beltway has the video. Here's the transcript:

HELEN THOMAS: The United States is not that helpless. It could have stopped the bombardment of Lebanon. We have that much control with the Israelis.

MR. SNOW: I don't think so, Helen.

HELEN THOMAS: We have gone for collective punishment against all of Lebanon and Palestine.

TONY SNOW: What's interesting, Helen --

HELEN THOMAS: And this is what's happening, and that's the perception of the United States.

TONY SNOW: Well, thank you for the Hezbollah view, but I would encourage you --

HELEN THOMAS: Nobody is accepting your explanation. What is restraint, a call for restraint?

TONY SNOW: Well, I'll tell you, what's interesting, Helen, is people have. The G8 was completely united on this. And as you know, when it comes to issues of --

HELEN THOMAS: And we stopped a cease-fire -- why?

TONY SNOW: We didn't stop a cease-fire. I'll tell you what --

HELEN THOMAS: We vetoed --

TONY SNOW: We didn't even veto. Please get your facts right. What happened was that the G8 countries made a pretty clear determination that the guilty party here was Hezbollah. You cannot have a cease-fire when you've got the leader of Hezbollah going on his television saying that he perceives total war -- he's declaring total war. When they are firing rockets indiscriminately --

HELEN THOMAS: We had the United Nations --

TONY SNOW: Please let me finish. I know this is great entertainment, but I want to finish the answer. The point here is they're firing rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas. The Israelis are responding as they see fit. You will note the countries that disagree with the --

HELEN THOMAS: -- bombardment of a whole country --

TONY SNOW: -- that disagree with the government of Israel in terms of its general approach on Palestine, many of our European allies agree that Israel has the right to defend itself, that the government of Lebanon has the right to control all its territory, that Hezbollah is responsible and that those who support it also bear responsibility. There is no daylight between the United States and all the allies on this. They all agreed on it. This was not difficult --

HELEN THOMAS: At that point, why did we veto a cease-fire?

TONY SNOW: We didn't veto a cease-fire.

HELEN THOMAS: Yes, we did.

TONY SNOW: No, we didn't. There was -- there was no cease-fire. I'm sorry --

HELEN THOMAS: Wasn't there a resolution?

TONY SNOW: No.

HELEN THOMAS: At the U.N.?

TONY SNOW: No -- no. You know what you've -- I see what you -- what happened was that there was conversation about "a cease-fire" that was picked up by some of the microphones when some colorful language made its way into the airwaves yesterday. And the President was continuing a conversation he'd had earlier with Prime Minister Tony Blair about staging. Would we like a cease-fire? You bet, absolutely. We would love to see a cease-fire. But the way you stage is that you make sure that the people who started this fight -- Hezbollah -- take their responsibility --

HELEN THOMAS: There was no veto at the U.N.?

TONY SNOW: No, there hasn't been a resolution at the VN -- U.N., whatever it is. (Laughter.) There hasn't been -- I was in Germany too long. There's been no resolution at the U.N.

HELEN THOMAS: Why aren't we proposing a truce, no matter who is to blame? At least stop the killing.

TONY SNOW: Because it wouldn't stop the killing. What it would do is it would say to the killers, you win.

HELEN THOMAS: Might save lives.

TONY SNOW: No, I don't think so. And I'm glad you raised this. You do not want to engage in a cease-fire that has a practical -- when you say to the Israelis, you guys just stop firing, when you have Hezbollah saying, we're going to wage total war, because Hezbollah would read that as vindication of its tactics, and the idea that if you get the right sort of videos on television, and you get the right things going on, you can allow them to behave with impunity. Even though they are weakening the sovereign government of Lebanon, they are acting independently; even though they have --

HELEN THOMAS: And bombarding Lebanon --

TONY SNOW: Even though they have received --

HELEN THOMAS: -- wipes out infrastructure.

TONY SNOW: All right, this is hectoring now.

jillian said:

I don't know Jillian, seems to me like the level of discourse in this thread is on a highly evolved intellectual plane. Why can't you recognize that?

jillian said:
I''m not a stay at home mom, widdle boy. Clearning is a family job. As for your article about Olberman, doesn't prove liberal bias. Everyone has a bias. And the "topic at hand" WAS liberal bias. Isolated cases of purported bias don't show anything. I could just as easily put up an article from the Wash Times and arrive at the opposite hypothesis.

You just don't like Olberman because he makes your guy O'Reilly look like the ijit he is. :D

Now I have to go do the job I get paid for.

Laterz, widdle boy... now go out and play and get some exercise. It's a beautiful summer day. :)

Going to work now? Sailors must be coming into town this morning. Have a nice day Jilly

jillian said:

Your liberal colors are what sink you sweety... every time... not me.

red states rule said:
The girl is about as sharp as a bowling ball

Well... like all other liberals, she fights a losing battle with her psychobabble. Why they think they way they do, and why they put themselves through it, most will never know, and they can't tell you why either.

How the Media Vote. Surveys of journalists’ self-reported voting habits show them backing the Democratic candidate in every presidential election since 1964, including landslide losers George McGovern, Walter Mondale and Michael Dukakis. In 2004, a poll conducted by the University of Connecticut found journalists backed John Kerry over George W. Bush by a greater than two-to-one margin. See Section.

Journalists’ Political Views. Compared to their audiences, journalists are far more likely to say they are Democrats or liberals, and they espouse liberal positions on a wide variety of issues. A 2004 poll by the Pew Research Center for The People & The Press found five times more journalists described themselves as “liberal” as said they were “conservative.” See Section.

How the Public Views the Media. In increasing numbers, the viewing audiences recognize the media’s liberal tilt. Gallup polls have consistently found that three times as many see the media as “too liberal” as see a media that is “too conservative.” A 2005 survey conducted for the American Journalism Review found nearly two-thirds of the public disagreed with the statement, “The news media try to report the news without bias,” and 42 percent of adults disagreed strongly. See Section.

Admissions of Liberal Bias. A number of journalists have admitted that the majority of their brethren approach the news from a liberal angle. During the 2004 presidential campaign, for example, Newsweek’s Evan Thomas predicted that sympathetic media coverage would boost Kerry’s vote by “maybe 15 points,” which he later revised to five points. In 2005, ex-CBS News President Van Gordon Sauter confessed he stopped watching his old network: “The unremitting liberal orientation finally became too much for me.” See Section

Denials of Liberal Bias. Many journalists continue to deny the liberal bias that taints their profession. During the height of CBS’s forged memo scandal during the 2004 campaign, Dan Rather insisted that the problem wasn’t his bias, it was his anybody who criticized him. “People who are so passionately partisan politically or ideologically committed basically say, ‘Because he won’t report it our way, we’re going to hang something bad around his neck and choke him with it, check him out of existence if we can, if not make him feel great pain,’” Rather told USA Today in September 2004. “They know that I’m fiercely independent and that’s what drives them up a wall.” See Section.

Evidence of Bias in News Coverage. The Media Research Center continuously reports on instances of the liberal bias in the mainstream media. Daily CyberAlerts offer a regular roundup of the latest instances of biased reporting, while our NewsBusters blog allows Web users to post their own reactions. Media Reality Check fax reports showcase important stories that the news media have distorted or ignored, and several times each year the MRC publishes Special Reports offering in-depth documentation of the media’s bias on specific issues.

http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/biasbasics1.asp

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Let's not forget this gem from Terry Moran of ABC News.......
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/3683_0_2_0_C/

Terry Moran Speaks Out

ABC News reporter Terry Moran made a name for himself by challenging White House spokesman Scott McClellan's request that Newsweek do more to correct the damage it inflicted on the Muslim world by publishing the false Koran-in-the-toilet story. Moran asked whether McClellan was trying to act like editor of Newsweek. McClellan might have made a better editor. After all, Newsweek editor Mark Whitaker was traveling and didn't see the final version of the dubious story before it was published.

Moran also made news when he went on the Hugh Hewitt radio show and not only acknowledged an anti-military bias in the press, but said that some members of the White House press corps hate President Bush and 70 percent or more of them are pro-Kerry.

Hewitt, an influential blogger and radio host, wanted to know how many members of the White House Press Corps actually hate Bush. A small number, Moran said, "but some big fish." He didn't name the fish. What about the percentage of the White House Press Corps that voted for Kerry? "Oh, very high. Very, very high," he replied. He said it wasn't 95 percent, but "upwards of 70, maybe higher. You know, it's hard for me to say, but I would say very, very high."

Moran's statement comes in the wake of the release of a survey from the University of Connecticut Department of Public Policy confirming a strong pro-Democratic Party bias in the media. It conducted a survey of 300 television and newspaper journalists and found that, of those who voted, 68 percent favored John Kerry in 2004 and only 25 percent favored George W. Bush.

This survey found that 33 percent of journalists claim to be Democrats, but only 10 percent say they are Republicans and half say they are independent. While only 10 percent of journalists say they are conservative, 34 percent of Americans identified themselves as conservative. The obvious conclusion is that conservatives and Republicans are severely underrepresented in the media. That's what Terry Moran, an eyewitness to the bias in the press corps, was saying.

There is a battle between old media and new media. By agreeing to be interviewed by Hugh Hewitt, Moran was throwing a bone to new media. But that bone turned out to be a boomerang. Hewitt gave Moran the rope with which to hang himself and his colleagues. Moran has confirmed everything we knew to be wrong with the major media. In fact, it's worse than we thought, for Moran confirmed that the media have an anti-military agenda as the U.S. fights for its very survival in the war on terrorism. Does this agenda extend to wanting the U.S. to lose?

I don't quite get your point. Are you saying that reporters should not vote? Bush currently has a high disapproval rating, so it's not unusual that any profession would have a low opinion of him.

Nuc said:
I don't quite get your point. Are you saying that reporters should not vote? Bush currently has a high disapproval rating, so it's not unusual that any profession would have a low opinion of him.

Of course not. They are letting their personal feelings dictate what and how they report the news

Please read again

Moran also made news when he went on the Hugh Hewitt radio show and not only acknowledged an anti-military bias in the press, but said that some members of the White House press corps hate President Bush and 70 percent or more of them are pro-Kerry.

Hewitt, an influential blogger and radio host, wanted to know how many members of the White House Press Corps actually hate Bush. A small number, Moran said, "but some big fish." He didn't name the fish. What about the percentage of the White House Press Corps that voted for Kerry? "Oh, very high. Very, very high," he replied. He said it wasn't 95 percent, but "upwards of 70, maybe higher. You know, it's hard for me to say, but I would say very, very high."

In fact, it's worse than we thought, for Moran confirmed that the media have an anti-military agenda as the U.S. fights for its very survival in the war on terrorism.

The media is ENTERTAINMENT first and news second these days. The bias is not about left right or ideology at all. It's about what sells, or what they think will sell.

Nuc said:
The media is ENTERTAINMENT first and news second these days. The bias is not about left right or ideology at all. It's about what sells, or what they think will sell.

:lame2:

Nuc said:

You obviously missed this......

How the Media Vote. Surveys of journalists’ self-reported voting habits show them backing the Democratic candidate in every presidential election since 1964, including landslide losers George McGovern, Walter Mondale and Michael Dukakis. In 2004, a poll conducted by the University of Connecticut found journalists backed John Kerry over George W. Bush by a greater than two-to-one margin. See Section.

Journalists’ Political Views. Compared to their audiences, journalists are far more likely to say they are Democrats or liberals, and they espouse liberal positions on a wide variety of issues. A 2004 poll by the Pew Research Center for The People & The Press found five times more journalists described themselves as “liberal” as said they were “conservative.” See Section.

How the Public Views the Media. In increasing numbers, the viewing audiences recognize the media’s liberal tilt. Gallup polls have consistently found that three times as many see the media as “too liberal” as see a media that is “too conservative.” A 2005 survey conducted for the American Journalism Review found nearly two-thirds of the public disagreed with the statement, “The news media try to report the news without bias,” and 42 percent of adults disagreed strongly. See Section.

Admissions of Liberal Bias. A number of journalists have admitted that the majority of their brethren approach the news from a liberal angle. During the 2004 presidential campaign, for example, Newsweek’s Evan Thomas predicted that sympathetic media coverage would boost Kerry’s vote by “maybe 15 points,” which he later revised to five points. In 2005, ex-CBS News President Van Gordon Sauter confessed he stopped watching his old network: “The unremitting liberal orientation finally became too much for me.” See Section

Denials of Liberal Bias. Many journalists continue to deny the liberal bias that taints their profession. During the height of CBS’s forged memo scandal during the 2004 campaign, Dan Rather insisted that the problem wasn’t his bias, it was his anybody who criticized him. “People who are so passionately partisan politically or ideologically committed basically say, ‘Because he won’t report it our way, we’re going to hang something bad around his neck and choke him with it, check him out of existence if we can, if not make him feel great pain,’” Rather told USA Today in September 2004. “They know that I’m fiercely independent and that’s what drives them up a wall.” See Section.

Evidence of Bias in News Coverage. The Media Research Center continuously reports on instances of the liberal bias in the mainstream media. Daily CyberAlerts offer a regular roundup of the latest instances of biased reporting, while our NewsBusters blog allows Web users to post their own reactions. Media Reality Check fax reports showcase important stories that the news media have distorted or ignored, and several times each year the MRC publishes Special Reports offering in-depth documentation of the media’s bias on specific issues.

Nuc said:
Are you suggesting the media should be cheerleaders for the administration? Part of democracy is a free press which criticizes the government. Because I hate to break the news to you, but the government is always fucked up, whether they are Republican or Democrat and someone needs to spread the news.

There are plenty of countries in the world where the media gives the government a free ride.......North Korea, Iran, Albania. Why don't you move to one of them? Then you'll have the press/government relationship you seek. :gs:

Perhpas the media should report the facts, as they are supposed to, without slanting it either right or left?

The do not need to be cheerleaders of, nor critical of, the government. That's post-Vietnam nonsense that the media is "supposed to be" critical of government.

We the people, not the media, are supposed to be critical of, AND praising of our government, depending on the situation. It is the media's responsibility to report FACT.

Forum List

Back