a vote for Saddam? anyone hear this?

Feb 15, 2004
I heard it from someone - not direct from any 'news' source - if that is what they cover -

A man who apparently knew someone killed in 9/11 is so upset that Bush is using 9/11 in his camp. that he was quoted as saying he would rather vote for Saddam Hussein than Bush.

Is this true?

Did some 'man' really make such a deadly statement?

That is the same as stating one would vote for Adolf Hitler or Osama Bin Laden as president...the very people who killed someone he apparently knows, he would be happy as leader of this land...

Have Americans lost all sense completely? Where are the brain cells? Stupidity...maybe some non Americans were correct in stating many Americans are stupid...they really are stupid.

I did see a reference to the same thing in a Wall Street Journal piece:

Whatever these 9/11 families may think of the president's foreign policy or the war in Iraq, I ask them to reconsider the language and tone of their statements. We should not tolerate or condone remarks such as those of the 9/11 relative who, so offended by the campaign ads, said that he "would vote for Saddam Hussein before I would vote for Bush." The insult was picked up and posted on Al-Jazeera's Web site. In view of the sacrifice our troops have made on our behalf, this insensitivity to them and their families suggests a level of self-indulgence and ingratitude that shocks the conscience.

Link to full article

Americans are too spoiled. They have no idea what life is like elsewhere.
Stating something like that, aside from its great stupidity is as mentioned an insult to all. An insult to those killed in 9/11, our troops, and Saddams own victoms.

He is a killer.

Perhaps voting for Charles Manson will satisfy this person also. Or perhaps this person should pack their belongings and leave America. I am sure they can find another country where they live happily under the iron fist of another Saddam or Adolf or Stalin..name them.

Originally posted by winston churchi
Americans are too spoiled. They have no idea what life is like elsewhere.
Stating something like that, aside from its great stupidity is as mentioned an insult to all. An insult to those killed in 9/11, our troops, and Saddams own victoms.

Well said Winston, I can understand if people have different beliefs than people who support Bush, but to say something as ridicules as voting for Saddam rather than Bush is just absurd. And I really doubt it helps support their position they want to promote. Only gives fodder for media outlets such as Al Jazeera.

They ought to find the Jackass who said this and either charge him with treason or strip him of his citizenship and ship his ass out. Free speech be damned that is way over the line akin to calling somebody's mom a 2 dollar whore.

Originally posted by OCA
They ought to find the Jackass who said this and either charge him with treason or strip him of his citizenship and ship his ass out. Free speech be damned that is way over the line akin to calling somebody's mom a 2 dollar whore.

Excuse me - but calling somebody's mom a 2 dollar whore is free speech.

If we do what you suggest, the terrorists have fun.

Originally posted by wonderwench
Excuse me - but calling somebody's mom a 2 dollar whore is free speech.

If we do what you suggest, the terrorists have fun.

They have fun planning to Kill people.

Free Speech? Sure...but a taking a swift punch in the mouth would then be 'freedom of expression' right?

You must have no capacity for self-responsibility.

It may be free speech in that you are not going to be jailed for it but in my social circle you'd lose a few teeth and be out 3,000 for the dental work that will be needed.

This was my point that there are certain things that decorum says you keep your mouth shut and this is one of those cases. At the very least this guy should be publicly and harshly rebuked.

I wasn't talking about the conspiracy to kill people. I was referring to the comment that he would rather vote for Saddam than Bush.

That is protected speech.

Originally posted by OCA
It may be free speech in that you are not going to be jailed for it but in my social circle you'd lose a few teeth and be out 3,000 for the dental work that will be needed.

This was my point that there are certain things that decorum says you keep your mouth shut and this is one of those cases. At the very least this guy should be publicly and harshly rebuked.

So someone saying something you do not like gives you the right to physically assault him?

Nice.

So someone saying something you do not like gives you the right to physically assault him?

Nice.

You are REALLY good at twisting what people mean, and putting words and ideas behind what they say. You've succeeded in shifting the focus of one person's near TREASONOUS comments, onto something else.

You do your work masterfully.

Everything that I dislike? No. This particular thing? Yes

There used to be a time in this country when one didn't even think of uttering something like that and then if he did he knew he could expect a punch in the nose, in those days they didn't refer to it as physical assault but rather taking care of matters like men. But now......what with the level of character in this country sometimes you're liable to get sued for a punch in the nose. Sad.

Originally posted by dmp
You are REALLY good at twisting what people mean, and putting words and ideas behind what they say. You've succeeded in shifting the focus of one person's near TREASONOUS comments, onto something else.

You do your work masterfully.

Talk about shifting. Don't you see that attacking someone because of their speech is in the same moral strain as the terrorists who are attacking our way of life? If we behave like they do, they win.

So you believe its ok for someone to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre? If people get trampled he still should not be held responsible? Again my point is there are certain things that are way over the line and this was one wouldn't you agree?

I think the guy was showing us how big of an idiot he truly was. And he had every right to say it. I still question how making such a statement will futher one's cause. Most people will see rigth through such loonecy.

Talk about shifting. Don't you see that attacking someone because of their speech is in the same moral strain as the terrorists who are attacking our way of life? If we behave like they do, they win.

It's not about attacking somebody because of what they say - it's about defending the honour of my mom, whom he just called a $2 whore. If I were to excercise my freedom of speech about how my best friend's wife has a large buttocks, I should fully expect the consequences of that action.

What ever happened to turning the other cheek and loving they neighbor as thyself? Wouldn't Jesus tell you to forgive those who offend you?

Originally posted by OCA
So you believe its ok for someone to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre? If people get trampled he still should not be held responsible? Again my point is there are certain things that are way over the line and this was one wouldn't you agree?

Yelling fire in a crowded theatre is not protected speech in that there is a high likelihood of such speech causing imminent harm.

Insulting someone doesn't cause imminent harm. Nor does criticizing a political figure cause imminent harm.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
I think the guy was showing us how big of an idiot he truly was. And he had every right to say it. I still question how making such a statement will futher one's cause. Most people will see rigth through such loonecy.

good answer!

What ever happened to turning the other cheek and loving they neighbor as thyself? Wouldn't Jesus tell you to forgive those who offend you?

God Forgives if asked...if not, we face the punishment for not seeking forgiveness. Should a guy kill my family, I'd want him to receive proper punishment....has nothing to do w/ forgiveness.

:)

Forum List

Back