A True Test of Courage

There are just some things you cannot deny, some things you cannot fight.

I came out as bisexual today to my grandmother. Her response restored a lot of the faith I had lost in humanity.

"I still love you, regardless."

I was very afraid to tell her. As you know, she is a devout Christian. I am a Christian. Do I feel like I betrayed my faith? To a certain extent, but that feeling will soon pass. She says "God doesn't make mistakes". So if that's true, what I am is not a mistake on God's part.

I'd say this test of courage began after finishing a TV show where the lead character was bisexual. That set off an internal conflict within me that raged on for nearly half a decade. That conflict ended today. I laid down the gauntlet and confronted who I was, and accepted my true self. All that time I felt like I had been fighting my bisexuality, but in reality I was denying the truth.

I don't expect the great majority of you to understand. Some of you have religious and political objections, others simply will say it's impossible to be a bisexual conservative. I'm not here to have a debate about it. I'm not here to kowtow to one political ideology or another because of what I am. If you can't accept it, that's all on you.

Nothing feels as good as resolving an internal conflict within yourself. But what comes after is an inane fear of what is to come. I will deal with that when it comes for me.

Anywho, I'll see you around.

TK
TK, you are a courageous man and your Grandmother is a gem. Whatever comes your Grandmother, your real friends, and I am very sure God as well, will have your back. :smiliehug:

Ah. but let me clear the air here a bit. I am asexual and aromantic. I have very little romantic interest or sexual interest in either sex. If made to choose, 95% of the time I will prefer women, whereas a normal man would be 100. It's not a 50-50 kind of thing.

"A bisexual identity does not necessarily equate to equal sexual attraction to both sexes; commonly, people who have a distinct but not exclusive sexual preference for one sex over the other also identify themselves as bisexual."

Bisexuality - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Agreed...enough of the sexual preference chat, lol.
BUT.....when you start threads, they are usually very well thought out, interesting, informative and in general a very good topic. Instead of threads...BLOG. Pretty sure many others out there in netland will enjoy what you have to say too.

Forum List

Back