A True Lefty Leaves The Left

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, May 22, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    This is so coherent, one cannot help wonder what took him so long to figure it out!

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/22/INGUNCQHKJ1.DTL

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    After reading this several times, I had to post a bit more. This story seems so close to my own, though I was a bit younger-I did change much more quickly:

3. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    to the right. Much akin to the author of that op-ed. He was right on. To be a liberal today is to be against the individual truly sad, pathetic.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Same here, I do wonder how it took him so long?

5. yeula

yeula Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You are correct kattianne, the opinion expressed by the writer is coherent but that doesn't make it factual does it? That should persumably make it easier to see its misstatements and lies and blather so I'm bewildered that you would agree with it!!???

I don't see how for instance the writer can suggest that "the left" is bad because he states that this mysterious "left" doesn't celebrate that Iraq has suddenly become a democracy and Iraqis have defeated the fascists and bravely gone to the polls to vote.

I am a member of the left and I don't celebrate because I know who the power is in Iraq and it is not the Iraqi people. The ones who are running Iraq are its occupiers. duh It works in Iraq like it works in the US. You vote but it doesn't matter who you vote for because Bush wins.

The writer of that article expressed his opinion. You agree with it. That proves only that you have no powers of discrimination.

I will grant you that there is a phenomonon in the US where someone such as Donna Brazil - I am only using her as an example - can go on a program such as Crossfire and take the chair on the left. She supposedly opposes whatever is said by the person in the chair on the right and this is what passes for public debate and opposition. Therefore it is easy for someone like the person who wrote that article to portray or suggest a "left" and then proceed to define what it supposedly represents or thinks or does.

The truth is that whenever Donna Brazil or anyone else goes on tv and offers an opinion they are merely offering their opinion and cannot speak for anyone else and certainly cannot speak on behalf of the people of a whole party.

I can see however how you could be fooled by these tactics because as a matter of fact the right is one big glob where everyone walks in lockstep and speaks as one. You just demonstrated how that works by presenting the article and agreeing with it in spite of its outright lies and misrepresentations regarding the facts and truth.

At first members of the glob were claiming that Saddam had WMD and we had to defend ourselves from him. Remember? Now you are saying we've successfully given Iraqis Democracy at the very moment we occupy their country and they can do nothing to stop us from taking their oil. The last I heard they want us out of their country but their votes don't seem to count for much.

Please don't dump on me because I am unable to play such ungodly games. I would never subject myself to appearing to be that lame brained.

What has happened here is that in America there are regions where our powerful media exist and there are regions where people farm and work and don't get on tv very much. In NYC and CA there are ethnic liberals who have all the access to media and they are the ones targeted by the propaganda in that article and presented as representing the views of all Democrats. They are the ones used to make liberal into a four letter word. As a matter of fact I don't like them too much myself. They certainly don't speak for me.

FYI there is no "left" that refused to celebrate the "election" in Iraq. There was no geniune election in Iraq. If you give it a little thought you might realize that the only murderous thug who is committing the killing of innocent and defenseless people is the one the writer of this article is proping up.

Surely you know of the famous photo online of Saddam shaking hands with Rumsfeld, google it. Reagan gave Saddam his WMD and Rumsfeld was in Baghdad telling Saddam where the Iranians were so he could slaughter them - Reagan, to the extent that it can be said of him that he actually was aware and knew anything, knew that Saddam was killing Kurds and others.

I always wonder with people such as yourself how much you actually know and how much you are willing to pretend. I cannot believe you can be so challenged mentally that you think we had to slaughter Iraqis in order to save them. We have just committed a holocaust against these people.

George Orwell is the only answer that comes to mind when I come across articles such as the one you presented.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Wonderful, enlighten me!
    Oh good, you are going to link to your sources, right? You forgot, I'm sure.
    (You mean what by this? Surely you are assuming I'll fall into your logical fallacy, which I'm sure was unintentional...)

Ok, beginning to think the 'benefit of the doubt' is not in order here. :laugh: Yep, just beginning to think. You-'the left' are individuals. I-'the right' are a blob and in lockstep! :rolleyes: May I suggest the religion forum/creationism/schiavo threads for your perusal?
    Interesting indeed, since those claims were not made and all the spin in the world will not make it so. See this:
    http://denbeste.nu/cd_log_entries/2004/01/Animminentbiglie.shtmlThen of course there are these:

On this incident:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/robbi...00405030839.asp

On this incident and more:
    http://www.milnet.com/Threat-From-Syria.html
    Trust me, you don't have to worry about appearances here.
    Why do I get the feeling you mean 'The Joos'?
    Interesting, I heard not one word from him in favor of GW. My guess, he voted for Kerry and would vote more for someone in favor of abortion and many other anti-GW stands, whom I am assuming you mean, as I doubt you are arguing for Saddam.
    check this out: http://www.iraqwatch.org/suppliers/timmerman.htm and there is this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/forum...ghlight=supplied+saddam+france+germany+russia and there is this one, that shows where US has been since 1989:

http://www.nti.org/f_wmd411/nsg.html
    Another logic fallacy, you are a loser!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    And yet another liberal brings a knife to a gunfight...

MEDIC!!!!

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Excellent post. I'd recommend but i have to spread it around more first. I think for every former writer on the left saying things there are probably a dozen or more people on the left who have already jumped ship.

The fact is those that claim to be advocating Democracy have done everything to stand in our way of helping the Aghanis and Iraqis from having their own elections and have been talking down our efforts to free oppressed nations.

It's also sad that those who claim to be for the individual are so opposed to tax relief for individuals.

It's sad that those who claim to be for choice are so set against people having choice in their retirement and in which school they send their children to.

It's sad that those claiming to be for minorities and women are so against competant minority and female judges being on the federal bench simply because a Republican President nominated them.

It's sad that those who yell and scream about our troops killing those who strive to oppress and murder us and yet they don't hesitate to kill an innocent child because the child would be inconvenient for a man and a woman to take responsibility for their actions.

The left today is nothing but a bunch of contradictions. The decade of illusion ended on 911 when the American people awoke to find the world alot different than what they were lead to believe. Let's just hope they stay awake.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thanks Avatar. I am not as worried about the left as about the right. Seems most of them have forgotten 9/11 and are concentrating on their own agendas. Hope that doesn't effect what's coming out of the administration, none of it will matter then.

10. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    well, men usually take longer to grow up than women... :tng:

this article rings true. when i actually started listening to conservative ideas without being able to respond (i.e. the radio, tv, print, etc.) and actually taking in what they were saying, my logic-based mind told me they actually made sense and I agreed with a lot of their same statements and ideas. I had been the ideal posterchild for liberal brainwashing because i was your typical liberal know-it-all teenager, and young adult.

as time went on, i finally abandoned the left all together, and registered as a republican for elections. i don't agree with EVERYTHING the right believes, but about 85% of everything.