A Teachable Moment on Important Issue

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Wow, this blew me away. Our littlest are being spun to, parents need to be aware. Metaphors are nearly impossible to explain to kids, though they can understand them, if you set it up right:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/07/wisdom_from_the.html

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Don't forget though, that those illegals come in because they provide a cheap, easily exploitable labor pool for the many US individuals and companies that hire them. They keep coming because nobody, except the Deliverance wing of the GOP, wants to upset that apple cart.

3. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    So, what you're saying is that anyone who is concerned with American sovereignty, or our dwindling status as a nation of laws, is a slack-jawed, drooling yokel. You'd never make it in politics, Bully - you wear your hatred and contempt a bit too brazenly. But, I'll say this - you're blurting out what America's two most dangerous enemies - liberals and neocons - truly feel in their hearts.

4. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    America's greatest enemy is ignorance...Which Chimpy's administration brazenly capitalizes on.

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    You're starting to sound like a tape loop, man. Would you like to address my post at all - or have I reached Bully's pre-recorded message site: "Chimpy...educated and engaged electorate...Deliverance Wing of the GOP...real consequences - now - in this world...cognitive dissonance...cognitive dissonance...this is a recording..."?