A serious question about the "N"word

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
I am curious about what you tell your 10 yr old that comes home and asks you what the "n-word" is. There are some children that do not listen to "rap" so you have to know that many have no idea what it is. They have people on TV saying the "n-word" and children that have no idea what it is will ask. What do you tell them?

I am curious about what you tell your 10 yr old that comes home and asks you what the "n-word" is. There are some children that do not listen to "rap" so you have to know that many have no idea what it is. They have people on TV saying the "n-word" and children that have no idea what it is will ask. What do you tell them?
Tell your kid to read Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn. Children aren't concerned about political correctness. When I was kid back in the early sixties, my best freinds were (cliched I know) black kids. There was no "n" word, we actually used the whole uncensored word like little monkeys we were. I am not sure why we can't say that word since we don't censor ANY thing else. Does your children want to know what a motherf*cker means? Or K*KE or a M*ck? The real question is WHY are people so sensitive to one word.

Just tell them that like the confederate rag, it's part of your heritage

4th post race baiter winner!

It's not about race, snowflake. It's about heritage.

Funny thing though, My mother in law has a lady who was born in Mexico in the 20's and one day, where she lived there were hardly any blacks that lived there. There was a news program on that was talking about more blacks were now moving into the Rio Grande Valley and she looked at me and said, why do they have that on the news? I said I didn't know and she said, well, I don't care. I have nothing against the niqqers. lol! Really.

It's not about race, snowflake. It's about heritage.
NO it's about you race baiting like all regressives go whenever you can.

It's all about context and the last couple of letters '****a' vs '*****r'. And who is saying it to who. It's too complicated for me, so I don't use it.

My sons do, but they use it like "bro". Sometimes they call me '***a' which I think is sort of funny as long as they don't do it in a public place like a restaurant.

I heard over a Walmart loudspeaker: (a black guy standing not 20 feet from me) announcing: "Yo, Walmart n*ggas, yadda yadda...." Everybody just sort of walked on like nothing happened. I didn't know what to do, to complain or laugh it off. So I just walked and pretended it never happened. So what did people tell their kids? Shhh, don't ask questions.

Tell them if they are white they shouldnt use it. If they are Black or another race tell them it is an example of ignorant whites mispronouncing a word they heard from African scholars.

I told them that those words are not used by smart people, and if you wanted to look really ignorant just use that word all the time...

I'd tell them the truth. That word is only appropriate when somebody cuts you off in traffic.

It is immature to call someone that and it is immature to be offended when someone says the word. To make it taboo to say the word makes it more inviting to say for young people. A small child can get themselves in trouble at school for saying such word. Honestly it will not be long until children that are taught this political language is going to start asking what the word is. What should a teacher at school tell the child that asks?

The truth.

Why would that be an issue?

Tell them if they are white they shouldnt use it. If they are Black or another race tell them it is an example of ignorant whites mispronouncing a word they heard from African scholars.
Can you tell us what the word n!gger means?

I use it when referring to a certain category of Black persons, in the same way as using the word greaseball when referring to a certain category of Italians. It is a shorthand means of indicating absence of respect for specific categories.

Using such terms when referring to the entire ethnic categories is offensive.

Can you tell us what the word ****** means?

I use it when referring to a certain category of Black persons, in the same way as using the word greaseball when referring to a certain category of Italians. It is a shorthand means of indicating absence of respect for specific categories.

Well the symbol * is used to represent multiplication. I have no clue what it means when there is more than one. I'm Black and no one has ever called me multiple asterisk symbols.

Well the symbol * is used to represent multiplication. I have no clue what it means when there is more than one. I'm Black and no one has ever called me multiple asterisk symbols.

Try again. You need to take the censorship up with the management.

Try again. You need to take the censorship up with the management.
Ah...I was thinking about another thread. I just saw what you responded to. Do you want the dictionary definition or what it means to me? I am assuming you want to know what it means to me since you have access to a dictionary right?

Forum List

Back