A serious question about the "N"word

Tell them if they are white they shouldnt use it. If they are Black or another race tell them it is an example of ignorant whites mispronouncing a word they heard from African scholars.
Can you tell us what the word n!gger means?

I use it when referring to a certain category of Black persons, in the same way as using the word greaseball when referring to a certain category of Italians. It is a shorthand means of indicating absence of respect for specific categories.

Using such terms when referring to the entire ethnic categories is offensive.
The fuckin word means that Kane West is a gay fish.

Why are you people t stupid to comprehend that f
act?!?

You tell them it is a derogatory word for black people but only for those not blacks. Sorta like you can diss your mama when you are upset cuz she grounded you (not to her face, though, lol), but nobody else can.

You tell them it is a derogatory word for black people but only for those not blacks. Sorta like you can diss your mama when you are upset cuz she grounded you (not to her face, though, lol), but nobody else can.
Gracie,

There are derogatory words for just about every locally substantial ethnicity and nationality and their usage is so commonplace in certain circles that it does not always reflect hostility. The best example of this is the very common use of the word n!igger by what seems to be a majority of (mainly young) Blacks.

When I was a boy growing up in Brooklyn (in the 40s and 50s) the neighborhood was inhabited by mainly Italian and Irish who were commonly referred to, even by themselves, as guineas and micks, respectively. The few Poles were (polocks). Use of these labels did not necessarily reflect hostility but rather familiarity -- much in the way the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team was casually and habitually referred to as the "Bums."

Being offended by the use of these offhand nicknames, unless they are used directly and with specific hostility, is silly and counterproductive.

Gracie,

There are derogatory words for just about every locally substantial ethnicity and nationality and their usage is so commonplace in certain circles that it does not always reflect hostility. The best example of this is the very common use of the word n!igger by what seems to be a majority of (mainly young) Blacks.

When I was a boy growing up in Brooklyn (in the 40s and 50s) the neighborhood was inhabited by mainly Italian and Irish who were commonly referred to, even by themselves, as guineas and micks, respectively. The few Poles were (polocks). Use of these labels did not necessarily reflect hostility but rather familiarity -- much in the way the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team was casually and habitually referred to as the "Bums."

Being offended by the use of these offhand nicknames, unless they are used directly and with specific hostility, is silly and counterproductive.
No Black people I have ever heard use the word ******. I cant figure out how white people dont seem to get that distinction. Black people say nigga. Totally different word.

Gracie,

No Black people I have ever heard use the word ******. I cant figure out how white people dont seem to get that distinction. Black people say nigga. Totally different word.
Same word, just too lazy to say it properly. Like, I was watching a program about drug use and the black peeps called heroin "heron", so either they're too lazy to say the whole word or simply too stupid to keep up. Which is it?

Gracie,

There is no distinction. What you do it called justification.

Gracie,

Same word, just too lazy to say it properly. Like, I was watching a program about drug use and the black peeps called heroin "heron", so either they're too lazy to say the whole word or simply too stupid to keep up. Which is it?

You need to ax someone with a brain.

I am curious about what you tell your 10 yr old that comes home and asks you what the "n-word" is. There are some children that do not listen to "rap" so you have to know that many have no idea what it is. They have people on TV saying the "n-word" and children that have no idea what it is will ask. What do you tell them?

Unless you live in some remote isolated area, most 10 year olds these days are sophisticated enough to know how to navigate the internet and find their own answers.

I am curious about what you tell your 10 yr old that comes home and asks you what the "n-word" is. There are some children that do not listen to "rap" so you have to know that many have no idea what it is. They have people on TV saying the "n-word" and children that have no idea what it is will ask. What do you tell them?
Just tell them that like the confederate rag, it's part of your heritage
He should just point them at your body of work here on USMB as an example what and why the word is considered improper in polite society.

Gracie,

You need to ax someone with a brain.
That would take you off the list of people to ask.

Forum List

Back