A quick question for Christians

Originally posted by Modu$OperanDi
Go to a museum. Any religion which must stave off knowledge with stories about floods, arcs, and poison apples is bogus. There is nothing in Christianity which is proveable other than it warps many mnds. Your whole religion is laughable.

Where on earth did you get this poison apple crap? Watching snow white too much?

As for the Flood, i find it interesting that you totally discount it without actually considering it. If you pay attention there are flood myths all over the old world and there are native american flood myths too. You may seriously doubt that there was a flood, but personally I cant ignore the fact that entirely different cultures on two different sides of the world that had no communication between each other both happen to have myths about the Great Deluge. Where there is smoke there is fire. Something had to have happened to cause the Flood myths throughout different societies.

Modus, to answer your question, animals do not have souls, thus when they die, their existence is over. Humans do have souls, and it is very clear in the Bible that once we die, we are judged and go to either heaven or hell.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Not exactly accurate - It's not about things people 'do' which leads them to where they will spend eternity; but the faith they show.

Where there exists no soul, there exists no chance of salvation or damnation. There's no/little biblical evidence animals contain a soul. I'd argue animals die like plants die. Their 'bodies' just stop working, and then there is nothing.

If what they do doesn't matter, but their actions are carried out in the utmost faith, then any attrocity can be condoned because they showed their faith in carrying out said attrocity.

Go to a museum. Any religion which must stave off knowledge with stories about floods, arcs, and poison apples is bogus. There is nothing in Christianity which is proveable other than it warps many mnds. Your whole religion is laughable.

The parables/ stories in most religious texts don't stave off knowledge, they convey it. There are timeless prosocial messages in many religions; to dismiss them all is idiotic. You present yourself as a thinking person; I think it's a lie.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Where on earth did you get this poison apple crap? Watching snow white too much?

As for the Flood, i find it interesting that you totally discount it without actually considering it. If you pay attention there are flood myths all over the old world and there are native american flood myths too. You may seriously doubt that there was a flood, but personally I cant ignore the fact that entirely different cultures on two different sides of the world that had no communication between each other both happen to have myths about the Great Deluge. Where there is smoke there is fire. Something had to have happened to cause the Flood myths throughout different societies.

I think the multiple flood stories from antiquity can be explained by the fact that nearly every ancient civilization lived on a near a major flood plain. Also, at the beginning of civilization, roughly 10,000 to 12,000 years ago, the last ice age began to end. This freed up a lot of water that must have led to catastrophic flooding besides the regular flooding that affects most if not all river valleys.

Originally posted by menewa
I think the multiple flood stories from antiquity can be explained by the fact that nearly every ancient civilization lived on a near a major flood plain. Also, at the beginning of civilization, roughly 10,000 to 12,000 years ago, the last ice age began to end. This freed up a lot of water that must have led to catastrophic flooding besides the regular flooding that affects most if not all river valleys.

It takes a lot more faith and imagination to believe something as unfounded as that when compared with Biblical flood claims.

Originally posted by NewGuy
It takes a lot more faith and imagination to believe something as unfounded as that when compared with Biblical flood claims.

Faith and imagination? It's a fact that the earliest civilizations existed around floodplains. Civilization began due to large scale agriculture and the soil richest in nutrients lies in flood plains. This is common knowledge. As for the melting ice age waters, I did just come up with that one on the top of my head. So that did take imagination, sorry.

But to let you know, I'm not devoted to any one theory. I don't know for certain, none of us do.

I think the flood story was more of a warning against the sedentary and agricultural lifestyle than any true worldwide event. In Genesis, God praises Able for giving him the lamb, a symbol of an anti-agricultural and migratory lifestyle. But Cain is punished for bringing him grains, a symbol of civilization.
God knew that civilization would lead to the end of many things he created on this planet. Just look at the massive animal extinctions now occuring at the height of so called civilization.
We're going through the largest extinctionlevel event since the fall of the great lizards 65 million years ago.

I was wondering what Christians believed happened to animals. Saying a monkey dieing is so radically different than a man dieng is just another way of showing the narcissistic properties of mankind and the ridiculousness of not believing in evolution. A mans death is only so much different because of the knowledge man has of what life is, and the lack of knowledge of what death is - aka - we get attatched - then we make stupid religions to ease our attatchment, it doesn't get anymore natural then that.

I think NOT believing men are better than monkeys reveals your latent self-loathing. Please don't generalize your self hatred to the rest of us. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Faith and imagination? It's a fact that the earliest civilizations existed around floodplains. Civilization began due to large scale agriculture and the soil richest in nutrients lies in flood plains. This is common knowledge. As for the melting ice age waters, I did just come up with that one on the top of my head. So that did take imagination, sorry.

But to let you know, I'm not devoted to any one theory. I don't know for certain, none of us do.

I think the flood story was more of a warning against the sedentary and agricultural lifestyle than any true worldwide event. In Genesis, God praises Able for giving him the lamb, a symbol of an anti-agricultural and migratory lifestyle. But Cain is punished for bringing him grains, a symbol of civilization.
God knew that civilization would lead to the end of many things he created on this planet. Just look at the massive animal extinctions now occuring at the height of so called civilization.
We're going through the largest extinctionlevel event since the fall of the great lizards 65 million years ago.

No. it was punishment for having sex with demon man hybrids.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I think NOT believing men are better than monkeys reveals your latent self-loathing. Please don't generalize your self hatred to the rest of us. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

That is a pathetic thought, thinking that the belief of a natural universe where all of God's creatures are on the same level, all playing their role, only some creatures are on a higher plane of intelligence than others, is self hatred. Fuck you. Thank you for your cooperation in continuing to get pissed off at different points of views, and assuming that they come from 'bad' people, it shows your character well.

That is a pathetic thought, thinking that the belief of a natural universe where all of God's creatures are on the same level, all playing their role, only some creatures are on a higher plane of intelligence than others, is self hatred. Fuck you. Thank you for your cooperation in continuing to get pissed off at different points of views, and assuming that they come from 'bad' people, it shows your character well.

You're pathetic, you anti-human monster. You ecofreaks make me fucking sick. You tell people who need jobs to feed their families that the new plant can't be built because some rare heron might be inconvencied or some shit like that. People like you should be rounded up and shot. My character kicks ass, I am for humans. You're against them, cuz some lib convinced you humanity is evil and you're too stupid to question it.

No. it was punishment for having sex with demon man hybrids.

Side note to RWA in order to tighten up defenses:

-(the apocrapha isn't considered Biblical...It doesn't collaborate with the rest of scripture and cannot be verified divine.....including the bit you just referenced.)

:D

:beer:

You're pathetic, you anti-human monster. You ecofreaks make me fucking sick. You tell people who need jobs to feed their families that the new plant can't be built because some rare heron might be inconvencied or some shit like that. People like you should be rounded up and shot. My character kicks ass, I am for humans. You're against them, cuz some lib convinced you humanity is evil and you're too stupid to question it.

He is NOT an anti-human monster.

He is a monkey, remember?

He is NOT an anti-human monster.

He is a monkey, remember?

Monkeys can be pretty anti-human. Ever see the Planet of the Apes?:D

Side note to RWA in order to tighten up defenses:

-(the apocrapha isn't considered Biblical...It doesn't collaborate with the rest of scripture and cannot be verified divine.....including the bit you just referenced.)

:beer:

Yeah well um er um I knew that.

I'll defer to you on this one.

M.O. Sorry. I don't want you shot. That was wrong and said in anger. But your policies are quite reprehensible still.

M.O. Sorry. I don't want you shot. That was wrong and said in anger. But your policies are quite reprehensible still.

Oh my goodness!!The RWA apologized for one of his hateful tirades!

Ice crystals must be forming on the lake of fire.

Oh my goodness!!The RWA apologized for one of his hateful tirades!

Ice crystals must be forming on the lake of fire.

You claim to hate Christians, and then you go and quote Biblical references.

I think you believe in the Bible and its origins, but run from it because you feel guilt about yourself and your actions.

There is no need to, you know.

Forum List

Back