Zone1 A question for Jews

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
I have to say, it’s surprising how some folks here make up stuff in order to discredit Jesus being the Messiah.

Some claim that the title “Son of Man”, which Jesus preferred to use himself, does not refer to being divine. That the prophecies foretold in books such as Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc were only referring to a normal human that would be a king.

Yet in the New Testament, at the trial of Jesus, the High Priests asked him:

"I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!" Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy! What do you think?" They answered and said, "He is deserving of death."

Now here the priest asks if he is “the Christ”, which is the Messiah, and adds “the Son of God”.

If the Messiah/Christ was to be a “regular human being” and not divine, why would the priest ask this?

Then when Jesus says he is, and they will see “the Son of Man” sitting at the right hand of the Power, coming on the clouds of heaven, the priest loses his shit and tears his own clothes off and cries blasphemy. Jesus was referencing Daniel, which some folks here claim was not a real prophet. But if that was true then why did the high priest scream blasphemy about its reference then? If Daniel was just some “story” based off some ancient poem, why would the high priest lose his mind and demand Jesus be put to death?

Daniel ch7:
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] comingwith the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

I know reading New Testament is like burning your own eyeballs out for certain people, but can these Christ-deniers explain this paradox?

As a faithful practising Jew let me say Jesus is a mythical New Testament Biblical creature non-Jews invented to persecute real Jews. And it seams to be working.
Typical modern day Jew response. None of it happened even though there is a mountain of evidence historically.

But even as a practicing Jew, you can answer the questions:

Is Daniel‘s prophecy of the Son of Man a reference to a mere human, or is the Christ going to be also a divine Son of God?

Typical modern day Jew response. None of it happened even though there is a mountain of evidence historically.

Is Daniel‘s prophecy of the Son of Man a reference to a mere human, or is the Christ going to be also a divine Son of God?
Grow up already

I have to say, it’s surprising how some folks here make up stuff in order to discredit Jesus being the Messiah.

Some claim that the title “Son of Man”, which Jesus preferred to use himself, does not refer to being divine. That the prophecies foretold in books such as Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc were only referring to a normal human that would be a king.

"I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!" Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy! What do you think?" They answered and said, "He is deserving of death."

Now here the priest asks if he is “the Christ”, which is the Messiah, and adds “the Son of God”.

If the Messiah/Christ was to be a “regular human being” and not divine, why would the priest ask this?

Then when Jesus says he is, and they will see “the Son of Man” sitting at the right hand of the Power, coming on the clouds of heaven, the priest loses his shit and tears his own clothes off and cries blasphemy. Jesus was referencing Daniel, which some folks here claim was not a real prophet. But if that was true then why did the high priest scream blasphemy about its reference then? If Daniel was just some “story” based off some ancient poem, why would the high priest lose his mind and demand Jesus be put to death?

Daniel ch7:
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] comingwith the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

I know reading New Testament is like burning your own eyeballs out for certain people, but can these Christ-deniers explain this paradox?
Jews believe the Bible, your OT, is the word of God while the NT is not and that Christians just use the Bible to validate Christianity as an 'ancient' religion. Judaism is the religion of Jesus, Christianity is the religion about Jesus, a fundamental difference.

Anyone wants to be the Son of God just dress yourself in nice looking robes and convince the people you're there to save them from the firey pits of Hell. And try to be convincing.

The only historical evidence is that there was a man named Jesus and he did walk the Earth and preach.
That's it. The rest..is myth and legend..written in a book.

Jews believe the Bible, your OT, is the word of God while the NT is not and that Christians just use the Bible to validate Christianity as an 'ancient' religion. Judaism is the religion of Jesus, Christianity is the religion about Jesus, a fundamental difference.
So can you answer the question?

Is the Messiah going to be just a man, or also divine?

Anyone wants to be the Son of God just dress yourself in nice looking robes and convince the people you're there to save them from the firey pits of Hell. And try to be convincing.
So you can’t answer the questions.

Is Daniel a prophet, or heretic?

Is the Messiah Jews are waiting for going to be “just a man” or will he be divine?

Daniel ch7:

THE NT was written by those who had already accepted Jesus and the story of salvation decades after his death.

The Jewish Messiah is a Human being, like the King of Persia who liberated Israel from the Babylonians, or the Maccabees who liberated Israel from the Greeks and Persians, Bar Kochba would have been a Messiah, but he was killed by the Romans with only four years of liberating what they could at the time.

Theodore Herzl is considered the Messiah as well, because he did bring the rebuilding of Israel, even if only to 20% of the Jewish Homeland.

The Christian Messiah is Jesus, and only Jesus and he must return to life in order to bring peace to the world. Jesus sect believed in reincarnation, and this is why that idea was included into Christianity.

Never mind what the Hebrew Scriptures say, it did not speak of Jesus, but someone like King David who would liberate his people and his homeland.

Jesus himself would deny the idea in the NT, as would the 12 who were his followers, as it written by Paul in one of his letters to his followers. Especially as Paul was about bringing anyone to that concept, instead of keeping it within those who were Jewish.

Paul was about bringing anyone to his idea.

Judaism does not go after others in order to convert them, and that is how it is to this day.

As I said, Jesus himself would have discredit Paul Paul himself, had he had met and heard from him what he planned to do.

aul was about bringing anyone to his idea.

Judaism does not go after others in order to convert them, and that is how it is to this day.
You make this claim, yet the prophecy of the Messiah says all nations will serve him.

Man

Paul turned Jesus into the son of a god and a female human, just like the Greek and other myths at the time.

Hercules was one of them.

Jews really hate Paul, because he was a Pharisee that persecuted Christians. He was “one of you”, yet he converted after encountering Jesus. Now all you can do is lie about him.

You make this claim, yet the prophecy of the Messiah says all nations will serve him.
You wanted to know why Jews do not accept Jesus as the Messiah.

I gave you the answer.

Anything Christians, after Christianity was created, wrote is merely a copy of anything written in the Hebrew Scripture in order to justify Jesus as son of god and being the Messiah.

In Judaism, if one dies before freeing Israel and its people, then that person is not the Messiah.

Many Jews wanted to be it, during Roman and other invaders, but were not Exactly because they died before fulfilling what the Messiah must do.

Accept it or do not accept it, that is wha the Messiah was and is, Jesus included. Since he died not fulfilling the liberation of the land and its people, he was not the Messiah.

Jews really hate Paul, because he was a Pharisee that persecuted Christians. He was “one of you”, yet he converted after encountering Jesus. Now all you can do is lie about him.
In other words, you did not start this thread in order to learn anything but to SHOVE Jesus down the Jewish throats as the Messiah.

Nice move. :(

Plenty of passages in the Tanakh about being resurrected. You claim to be a Jew?
Hawk, you are a religious extremist. Own up to it.

Do not start thread asking for an answer and then refusing what Jews know to be true.

You have your truth, you stick to it.
You want Jesus to resurrect. Good luck with that.

Humans DO NOT EVER return to life.

Keep waiting.

Forum List

Back