A question for Dems about the TEA Party

Last edited:
Sometime in 2010, in the South anyway, they began to rally around mayors and governors who started slashing funding for police and fire departments. The Southern PDs and FDs are almost all non-union. And many weren't in bad economic conditions, but....as SC Gov Nikki Haley put it...they did it anyway just "To send a message".

Anyway, when the TP turned on cops and firemen, they lost me. All govt employees are not created equal.

Link please.

You're simply an asshole who couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it.

The KKK was started by Democrats and populated almost exclusively by Democrats for its entire existence.

Typical uninformed and ignorant right winger. I guess they never taught you about the southern strategy with your 5th grade education, otherwise no one would make such an asinine statement.
Your history education seems to have a few holes in it.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/resources/misc/CivilRightsPlatforms.pdf

racist_democrat_poster.jpg

The GOP has always stood for civil rights for all.

The Democrats? Johnny-come-latelies.

Liberals in the GOP and the DNC were for civil rights. Conservatives in the DNC and the GOP were against freedom for their niggahs

LBJ correctly predicted the Democrats would lose the South after the 1960s civil rights bills passed. The Democrats loss was the GOP's gain

Last edited:
I dislike the hypocrisy. One one hand you speak of Freedom and liberty. son the other, you want to legislate morality.
It seems to me that you have conflated TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party and social conservatism. I assure you they are two different subjects.

On one hand, you speak of economic freedom for businessmen, but on the other hand, you don't give a shit whether people make enough to feed their families without government assistance.
We speak of economic freedom for EVERYONE. When you dilute a 1st World workforce with 30 million desperate 3rd Worlders, you lower the wage expectations of everyone EXCEPT those aforementioned 3rd Worlders. You want higher wages and less unemployment, quit supporting the MASSIVE invasion we have endured for the last 30 years.

While I support a strong military, I do NOT support the neo-con agenda of foreign nation-building and worldwide adventurism. Very few of the TEA party members I know do.

again you're conflating TEA Party and so-cons.

I've never been to ANY TEA Party function where religion was a subject of discussion. Methinks you're conflating AGAIN.

I complain about PROFESSIONAL takers, from those generational welfare leeches to those of the corporate persuasion. It is not the job of government to be doling out funds to EITHER.

You'll have to provide some kind of source for this one. I've seen the TEA Party demonize the 'tax and spend' philosophy of the Democrats as well as the 'borrow and spend' of the Republicans.

That enough?
No, very little of your reply actually addresses the TEA Party. Social conservative issues are separate from fiscal conservative ones.

Lastly....I don't hate Tea Party people. I don't hate anyone. The sooner both sides realize we are all Americans and about 95% of us are in the same boat(more or less), the better off we'll be.
At least we have 1 point that we can agree on. :thup:

Well.... then you aren't Tea Party.....at least the ones on this message board.

Typical uninformed and ignorant right winger. I guess they never taught you about the southern strategy with your 5th grade education, otherwise no one would make such an asinine statement.

Liberals in the GOP and the DNC were for civil rights. Conservatives in the DNC and the GOP were against freedom for their niggahs

LBJ correctly predicted the Democrats would lose the South after the 1960s civil rights bills passed. The Democrats loss was the GOP's gain
Oh, look: More leftist history revision.

Northern Republicans were liberal Republicans. Abolitionists were radicals and liberals. It is why Massachusetts had a Black US Senator for so many years...he was a liberal Republican, to the right (just barely) of Senator Kennedy.

White Southern Christian Democrats fled the DNC into the open arms of the GOP. Southern Strategy?

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes
By Mike Allen
Thursday, July 14, 2005

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Last edited:
I guess we can play this game all day if you choose, but it won't get us very far.

I found your poll a little bit interesting, though hardly any kind of proof that the TEA Party is racist. Conclusions about comparative intelligence between races are come to every day, and the science of measuring them has no agenda.

Attitudes about illegal immigration are not racist. It is a simple and visceral response of people who are sick and tired of watching their formerly well-paying jobs being taken for pennies on the dollar by people who have no legal right to be here, yet are.

Let me tell you my friend ,right to work is why wages are in the pits. Here in SC employers pay shit wages with no benefits and their workers have no choice but to get on foodstamps and medicare. Those same job creaters are teapublicans.

SC rightwinger

"Break a tractor buy anothern,kill a ****** hire anothern". His children are still out there and in positions of power and yes they are teapublicans

Let me tell you, flooding the labor market with 30 million illegal aliens is what has driven wages into the toilet. Employers will pay whatever they must to get enough help to get the job done. Having been in the construction industry for my entire life, I know what I'm talking about.

Really? And competing with a billion Chinese, a billion Indians, and a billion in other various nations that have such a low cost of living and a Socialized culture have nothing to do with it.....just Illegals?

That's very much like a Republican to make his choices based on the climate 100 years ago.
Coming from a guy who says 1 man is most people, I'd say your opinion is worthless.

Did Dave make predictions on a Romney blowout over Obama?

ssohtheirony.png

Nearly every independent pollster and most reporters expect Obama to win narrowly. Democrats think it will happen, too. But a surprisingly large number of Republicans are expecting a Romney win; some even expect a Romney blowout. I say “surprisingly” because within the mainstream of politics and polling, never before has there been such fundamental disagreement about what was going to happen this late in the game. Come Wednesday morning, one group is going to turn out to have been very, very wrong. The Polls Shift Toward Obama - Businessweek

Not really. The GOP always does what is for America's gain. That's why we fought the Democrat Party tooth and nail from reconstruction on over the thirteenth amendment abolishing slavery, the fourteenth amending granting civil rights for former slaves, the 15th Amendment, for banning racial restrictions on voting, we fought for equal education fighting tooth and nail with Democrats over Little Rock's school integration to give blacks equal opportunities, right up until Lyndon B. Johnson, in his senior reflections, convinced John F. Kennedy who voted against Eisenhower's civil rights laws as a Senator, that blacks would give them an edge in voting if they were to go on an all-out campaign to smear Republicans to blacks.That hasn't changed, and was successful because Democrats spun equality as a monster it wasn't and plied the black vote with promises of equal opportunity through playing the race card on white guilt.

That caused the black voter to realize he wouldn't have to work if he got welfare, food stamps, free phones, massive drugs over the border for fun and profit, and the right to stealthe American dream from workers by sitting on their duff and screaming "racism" all day and all night.

Not really. The GOP always does what is for America's gain. That's why we fought the Democrat Party tooth and nail from reconstruction on over the thirteenth amendment abolishing slavery, the fourteenth amending granting civil rights for former slaves, the 15th Amendment, for banning racial restrictions on voting, we fought for equal education fighting tooth and nail with Democrats over Little Rock's school integration to give blacks equal opportunities, right up until Lyndon B. Johnson, in his senior reflections, convinced John F. Kennedy who voted against Eisenhower's civil rights laws as a Senator, that blacks would give them an edge in voting if they were to go on an all-out campaign to smear Republicans to blacks.That hasn't changed, and was successful because Democrats spun equality as a monster it wasn't and plied the black vote with promises of equal opportunity through playing the race card on white guilt.

That caused the black voter to realize he wouldn't have to work if he got welfare, food stamps, free phones, massive drugs over the border for fun and profit, and the right to stealthe American dream from workers by sitting on their duff and screaming "racism" all day and all night.

LBJ correctly predicted the Democrats would lose the South after the 1960s civil rights bills passed. The Democrats loss was the GOP's gain[/QUOTE]
Oh, look: More leftist history revision.[/QUOTE]

Northern Republicans were liberal Republicans. Abolitionists were radicals and liberals. It is why Massachusetts had a Black US Senator for so many years...he was a liberal Republican, to the right (just barely) of Senator Kennedy.

White Southern Christian Democrats fled the DNC into the open arms of the GOP. Southern Strategy?

By Mike Allen
Thursday, July 14, 2005

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

By Mike Allen
Thursday, July 14, 2005

Good move -- defend against the charge of leftist history revision with more leftist history revision.

Let's look at the truth:

Debunking the Myth of the Nixon "Southern Strategy"

Over the years, however, RN’s critics have blamed him for creating a “Southern Strategy” designed to win white votes by exploiting racial tensions. If that had been his aim, the results of the 1968 election suggest he failed at it miserably. In 1968, RN lost four of the five Southern states that Goldwater had carried. George Wallace carried the rest of the Goldwater Southern bloc – Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. And of those four states, RN ran third, behind both Wallace and the Democrat’s nominee, Hubert Humphrey, in three of them.

Once in the White House, President Nixon’s actions can hardly be called those of a president seeking to inflame racial tensions. Nothing illustrates that better than the historic progress his administration achieved in finally ending the practice of segregating the races in “separate but equal” schools in the South. When RN took office in 1969, 68 percent of black Southern students attended segregated schools. Within five years, that number had been cut to 9 percent. As Tom Wicker wrote in his biography, One of Us, “The Nixon administration did more in 1970 to desegregate Southern school systems than had been done in the sixteen previous years, or probably since.”

Of course, beginning in 1972, the Democrat’s once Solid South turned reliably red at the presidential level, except when a Son of the South was running for president (Carter in 1976 and Clinton in 1992). The lock the Democrats had on Southern Senate and House seats also began to erode during the Nixon years.

The reasons for this change are many. Chief among them is RN’s success in occupying the middle ground in American politics and thus attracting the support of Silent Majority, not just in the South, but also in every part of America. Attributing the Republican Party’s success in breaking the Democrat’s hold on the South to a cynical, Nixon-devised “Southern Strategy” based on creating and then exploiting racial division is not only simplistic, it’s also contradicted by the record.​

Of course, you will attack the source, but that's only because you're not interested in the truth...just your leftist groupthink.

Good move -- defend against the charge of leftist history revision with more leftist history revision.

Let's look at the truth:

Debunking the Myth of the Nixon "Southern Strategy"

Over the years, however, RN’s critics have blamed him for creating a “Southern Strategy”...​

By Mike Allen
Thursday, July 14, 2005

your argument is with the Head of the GOP. :eusa_clap:

:eusa_shhh:

That's very much like a Republican to make his choices based on the climate 100 years ago.
Coming from a guy who says 1 man is most people, I'd say your opinion is worthless.

Did Dave make predictions on a Romney blowout over Obama?

ssohtheirony.png

Nearly every independent pollster and most reporters expect Obama to win narrowly. Democrats think it will happen, too. But a surprisingly large number of Republicans are expecting a Romney win; some even expect a Romney blowout. I say “surprisingly” because within the mainstream of politics and polling, never before has there been such fundamental disagreement about what was going to happen this late in the game. Come Wednesday morning, one group is going to turn out to have been very, very wrong. The Polls Shift Toward Obama - Businessweek
I was confident Romney would win. I was disappointed.

Your reaction to Obama's win proves I'm right to be worried about America's future.

Forum List

Back