A question about the Trade War/dispute with China

Many people complain about how China has weaponized their economy but that is exactly why they can wait out a Trump presidency before they do anything. We will see no significant action on their part while Trump is President.
So, should he just give up?

What do you think should happen?

I, for one, believe we should get support from other nations who have seen China's bullshit.

Yeah, Trump has pissed off every country who may have been willing to join him in this misadventure. He's just not the kind of guy you can trust not to throw you under the bus. We are on our own with an economic retard winging this whole thing.

Many people complain about how China has weaponized their economy but that is exactly why they can wait out a Trump presidency before they do anything. We will see no significant action on their part while Trump is President.

I, for one, believe we should get support from other nations who have seen China's bullshit.

That would have been a great way to go. But instead we pissed off most other nations. Can you imagine how quickly China would have caved had the US and the EU joined together against China? But instead Trump goes after both at the same time.
The EU would never allied with the U.S. They are our direct competitor. Instead, we need to focus on individual nations. Otherwise, I agree with you.

As is China to both of us.

Yeah, Trump has pissed off every country who may have been willing to join him in this misadventure. He's just not the kind of guy you can trust not to throw you under the bus. We are on our own with an economic retard winging this whole thing.

China is also screwing over other countries its not just the U.S. Japan is pissed at China.

China is also screwing over other countries its not just the U.S. Japan is pissed at China.
Perhaps, but we return again to the worst world leader any of us have ever seen. No one responsible for their nation's economic policy has any faith in Donald Trump to successfully pull this off. China is not being a good actor in international trade but Trump has turned a bad situation into a crisis of historic proportions. American conservatives are the only people in the world who think Trump is anything other than a dumbass.

Perhaps, but we return again to the worst world leader any of us have ever seen. No one responsible for their nation's economic policy has any faith in Donald Trump to successfully pull this off. China is not being a good actor in international trade but Trump has turned a bad situation into a crisis of historic proportions. American conservatives are the only people in the world who think Trump is anything other than a dumbass.

Nobody cares about your TDS get over it. :icon_rolleyes:

I am no huge Trump fan, but that is a bit hyperbolic, no?

Nobody cares about your TDS get over it. :icon_rolleyes:
Nobody cares about your blind faith in this guy. Now is the time of his greatest test as president. China has no interest in giving him anything that resembles a win. We are fucked.

just a tad! :21::21::21::21:

I don't think so, this shit is just getting started and we have never had a president this bad at foreign affairs and economic policy.

I don't think so, this shit is just getting started and we have never had a president this bad at foreign affairs and economic policy.
It's really hard to take you seriously when you make such over-the-top statements.

It must be hard to type and gag on Putin's cock at that same time. I commend thee.

It's really hard to take you seriously when you make such over-the-top statements.

It's hard to take you seriously when you seem to think this is a good thing.

It must be hard to type and gag on Putin's cock at that same time. I commend thee.
Funny you should bring up the only leader in the world Trump is afraid to alienate.

So...Trump is about the announce a trade deal with China, or at least phase one of it.

How do you think he will do compared to what people wanted for a "win"

So...Trump is about the announce a trade deal with China, or at least phase one of it.

How do you think he will do compared to what people wanted for a "win"
The better question is will you admit you were wrong if it is in fact a win?

So, back it Nov it was a false alarm...now we are being told a deal is close...so how many of the things listed will be in it?

So, none of the things mentioned in this thread by the Trump folks are part of Phase 1 of the trade deal...:5_1_12024:

So....now that Phase 1 has been signed...how many of these things needed for a win were addressed...

the theft of intellectual property is a big problem for me

Their currency would need to be part of the floating exchange

Significantly reducing the $500b trade deficit is another must have.
Stopping fentanyl shipments is another
Stop subsidizing steel and aluminum production and dumping them here hurting US producers
Stop China's currency manipulation
Stop China's surveillance network, such as by Huawei

Add intentionally dumping product under cost on U.S. markets to damage/destroy U.S. manufacturers.

Forum List

Back