A Puzzling Query From The Bible

Have you ever considered this oddity: in Genesis, God referring to Himself in the third person?

Genesis 1:26says, “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’”

Well, he isn't referring to himself in the third person. He's referring to himself in the First Person, Plural. They obviously didn't cover this at the University of Phoenix Mail Order Diploma Mill.

Not doing well in your ESL classes?

Have you ever considered this oddity: in Genesis, God referring to Himself in the third person?

Genesis 1:26says, “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’”

Genesis 3:22states, “And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us.’”

Genesis 11:7 "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Is one to conclude that there may be more than one Eternal Being???

Well, no.... the Bible makes clear that there is only one.

1. "Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."
28 Biblical Passages Which Explicitly Teach There is Only One God

If you value your faith, I suggest you don't delve too deeply into any unusual things like that you might find in the bible. Just gloss over it, and continue to concentrate on the parts that you like as you always have. Actual study of the bible, and expecting it to make sense has turned many strong believers into agnostics or atheists. The bible only works if you chose to suspend rational thought.
Bulldog, You are very wise. In 2 weeks I will have completed my 4th decade on this planet, and have believed in God all my life. But I also have a moderate sense of logic, and so no longer believe as I did as a child. Things like the Holocaust and Sandy Hook cast doubt on whether God knows my name, as I once believed. I am still a believer, and a Bible quoter, and try to live by the principles I find there. But somewhere along the line, I discovered that I have learned that what I once thought, that God is there to take care of me, is wrong, and he probably wont be there for me. So when I see the suffering today of Middle East Christians and question why we serve a God that is deaf to our pain, I have to admit how little I understand of what he wants from us. Surely Christian agony does not pleasure him, so what's going on?
The bible is bullshit. Now you know.

Wrong. It may not be historically true, but many of the things taught in the bible stories are worthwhile. Just don't try to take it too literally.
As long as you agree that it's bs.

Genesis 3:22states, “And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us.’”

Genesis 11:7 "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

1. "Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."

It doesn't make sense to people who don't know Judaic precepts, thus don't know where or what the Jewish concept of heaven is or what we are describing as God.
"Olam Habah" means world to come, we never describe another place in the sky or an invisible world. We descrive this world transformed in "the Future" world to come.
So the Hosts in the world to come are the Plurality Elohim who are discussing making man in their civilized progressed righteous image.
In the hosts begining (which is at the end of linear time) they created man in (PLURAL) THEIR IMAGE.
(the Hebrew word for image in Genesis means Essence Nature not physical image).
need to remember Jews read right to left opposed to the rest reading left to right*.
(like you perceive a linear time line.*)
The Olam Habah is "World to come" not world that already existed (Christian and secular error not knowing Hebrew nor following tenses properly).
What this means is the paradise sits at the end where time becomes non linear due to technological advances, not at the beginning.
The message is from the future non linear reaching all time lines, thus Right to left.
Warnings and helpful path logically would come from that which knows already(history that occured=knows) not from the chaos that needs order(still lost past). That's why it says God created order from out of the chaos, not from nothing.
Build the Temple and find out more, but if you don't build it then you'll have to endure the same status quo mess the imposter temple left you which case all they can tell you is it's a mystery to them....BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE CONSTRUCTORS OF PROCESS.

Well, he isn't referring to himself in the third person. He's referring to himself in the First Person, Plural. They obviously didn't cover this at the University of Phoenix Mail Order Diploma Mill.

Not doing well in your ESL classes?

Um,,,,

First Person Singular - I, me. Second person - you. Third person - Him, her.

God is not referring to himself in the third person like the Mail Order Bride From Hell claimed. He is referring to himself in the first person, plural.

Now, you can get into a discussion about whether the Imaginary Sky Pixie of the Hebrews was talking about multiple Gods, or himself being a triune deity, but the point that the Mail Order Bride From Hell was claiming was God was referring to himself in the third person, which he clearly wasn't in that verse.

Happy to have cleared that up for you, you HOme School Valedictorian, you.

In the garden of Eden there were many trees whose fruit was pleasing to the eye and good to eat. When Jesus healed the blind man he wrote something on the ground, made a past of mud and spit, covered his eyes and then asked him what he saw. At first he said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around." Mark 8:24, and when Jesus told him to take a harder look the man's sight was restored and he saw everything clearly in his mind. Here Jesus was teaching the blind man to understand the figurative language used in scripture where men are often compared to trees.

The 'us' in 'let us make man in our image' represents the many people, living beings, depicted as fruitful trees with God in paradise.

"I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you ask whatever you wish and it will be given you. This is to my Father s glory that you bear much fruit showing yourselves to be my disciples"

So it's like a magic lamp? Anything you wish will be given to you?

Only if........

A person fluent in Hebrew (and also of the Jewish faith) once told me that one cannot accurately read, speak, and understand Hebrew using an English grammar. What English grammar sees as third person plural, Hebrew sees the emphasis that He is God--something much greater than a first person, singular. Confusing in English, but not so much in the original language.

A person fluent in Hebrew (and also of the Jewish faith) once told me that one cannot accurately read, speak, and understand Hebrew using an English grammar. What English grammar sees as third person plural, Hebrew sees the emphasis that He is God--something much greater than a first person, singular. Confusing in English, but not so much in the original language.
Meriweather, I envy anyone who understands the atmosphere in which the Bible was written. There have been so many confusing translations of the ancient texts because the times reflects on meanings. Even in our times this is the rule of human nature. Ex: I was born into a world of dust bowl and depression and world war, and when I hear contempt for the national programs those times gave birth to, I find it difficult to explain even to my children and grandchildren the emotions of the day because cold logic and hindsight give them a different picture. And in the same light, those values written all those centuries ago for good reason because of the times have slipped from our understanding in many, most, instances. Your comment adds knowledge. Thanks.

Build the Temple and find out more,

If you did you would only be wasting your time and misleading people backwards into a primitive superstitious delusion, not without long lasting and terrible consequences..

The subject of the term 'sanctuary of God' is not about a Temple made of stone and built by man. The messiah is expected to lead people to the sanctuary of God which is accomplished by him conveying all of God's commands, "I will put my words into his mouth and he shall convey all of my commands.", Deuteronomy 18:14-19, making clear the way to life and the promise of divine providence fulfilled for all those who do it according to that revelation and enter into the dwelling place of God.

There is nothing for you to construct except a more rational way to interpret and apply the Law that makes a person holy as God is holy and worthy of entering his existing sanctuary that could never be built or destroyed by man..

The promise to the righteous of a place in the kingdom of heaven, the world to come, is only a world to come to the unrighteous, those still living in the lower regions of conscious existence without life or light in a barren wilderness outside of the boundaries of the sanctuary, clearly defined by divine law, that has been in existence and within the reach of man ever since the beginning when God first said, "Let there be light."

Last edited:
Says the guy who's affraid of the Temple, with Yeshu being a no show and never able to fulfill that aspect. In fact his image boasted of the destruction=opposite the role to bring about the
HaShev of the Mikdash. ; )

Says the guy who's affraid of the Temple, with Yeshu being a no show and never able to fulfill that aspect. In fact his image boasted of the destruction=opposite the role to bring about the
HaShev of the Mikdash. ; )

Yeshu already fulfilled that aspect. By teaching that the words of the law are figurative and the subjects hidden and were never about fashion, diet, or the sexual preferences of every day people and by showing what the law is actually about according to the deeper implications and meaning revealed in the command to 'eat my flesh" he lead people to the sanctuary of God.

I have merely affirmed that fact.

You might as well pick up your playthings and go home. The veil of the Temple has been torn a very long time ago. It cannot be undone.

Actually the early history of Judaism only makes sense in the context of polytheism. A good example is what may be the oldest prayer is: "I am the Lord your God, you will have no other gods before me." Not can't but shouldn't.

I believe Judaism evolved from a pagan cult where one particular god was to be the only god worshiped by a particular group of people. There were plenty of other gods spoken of in the Bible but only one was worshiped.

Others have responded to your questions very completely except for Genesis 11:7. I will attempt to answer that one.

In the days of Peleg the earth was divided. God's portion was Israel. Well, who got the rest? The Book of Jasher states that there were 70 that came down and confounded the language and divided the people. These are referred to in the Bible as princes having dominion over principalities. We see in Daniel that the arch angel Gabriel came down to explain the vision to Daniel. We also see in Daniel that Gabriel was held up some twenty or so days by the prince of Grecia and the prince of Persia until the arch angel and prince of Israel, Michael, came to Gabriel's assistance. I believe it is in Revelation that we see another called the prince of Gog and Magog. All of these are powerful arch angels and/or other powerful beings of the angelic realm. There is also one called a "Watcher" mentioned twice in Daniel. According to the Book of Enoch, it was 200 of these Watchers who came down and took wives of the daughters of men and bear the Giants who became the demons once drowned in the Flood.

Quote without resources: "We also see in Daniel that Gabriel was held up some twenty or so days by the prince of Grecia and the prince of Persia until the arch angel and prince of Israel, Michael, came to Gabriel's assistance."

Daniel never mentions Gabriel giving the vision, the word is *Night* Visions, is another term for
*the Evening Star Michael*.
*(source:the legend of YeruShalem(evening star=Shalem) becoming city of peace when the Night removes-overturns the day=morning star)

King CYRUS is often called the prince of the people (like in Greece) for liberating them from Babylon. Battling sometimes refers to the heart and mind, like the battle with Jacob. As you said:
Dan 10 shows it was Michael "battling" this Persian King.
In Hebrew it says:
in Dan 10:20 where it says in regards to Michael:
*"Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee And now will
*Hashev Lacham Sar Parac"
(HaShev fights the prince of Persia).
This also reveals the one responsible for the original gathering of dispersed Jews and 2nd temple to be built because
1 Ezra 1:1 it was the Lord (king of hosts) who stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, king of Persia. Giving him the vision and anointing (Isaiah 45) to give the decree in 538, liberating the Jews who were captive in Babylonia and allowing them to return to their homeland. Cyrus battle was not physical it was spiritually in concious through the messenger Dan describes as Michael. Wherefore is HaShev coming from that Daniel is to know? You assume the sky when Jews teach world to come=future.
We are warned about your lord of the sky teachings.

This proves the Shiloh Moshiach ben David already fulfilled the liberating, gathering and Temple building in those days of old as will be done in our day. This is even backed by the explicit mention that it is the redeemer doing these things, per
accounts in Isaiah 44:24-28. Since Dan explicitely reveals Michael dealing with Cyrus,
then Isaiah 44:24-28 is calling Michael the 'redeemer' (HaSheva).

*note the layers of prophecy
1)historical 2)repeat emulation battling prince of Persia in our day (even TBN can verify this is Michael leading that battle)
3)the spiritual emulation (Mithra image is from ancient Persia)

Quote without resources: "We also see in Daniel that Gabriel was held up some twenty or so days by the prince of Grecia and the prince of Persia until the arch angel and prince of Israel, Michael, came to Gabriel's assistance."

Daniel never mentions Gabriel giving the vision, the word is *Night* Visions, is another term for
*the Evening Star Michael*.
*(source:the legend of YeruShalem(evening star=Shalem) becoming city of peace when the Night removes-overturns the day=morning star)

King CYRUS is often called the prince of the people (like in Greece) for liberating them from Babylon. Battling sometimes refers to the heart and mind, like the battle with Jacob. As you said:
Dan 10 shows it was Michael "battling" this Persian King.
In Hebrew it says:
in Dan 10:20 where it says in regards to Michael:
*"Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee And now will
*Hashev Lacham Sar Parac"
(HaShev fights the prince of Persia).
This also reveals the one responsible for the original gathering of dispersed Jews and 2nd temple to be built because
1 Ezra 1:1 it was the Lord (king of hosts) who stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, king of Persia. Giving him the vision and anointing (Isaiah 45) to give the decree in 538, liberating the Jews who were captive in Babylonia and allowing them to return to their homeland. Cyrus battle was not physical it was spiritually in concious through the messenger Dan describes as Michael. Wherefore is HaShev coming from that Daniel is to know? You assume the sky when Jews teach world to come=future.
We are warned about your lord of the sky teachings.

This proves the Shiloh Moshiach ben David already fulfilled the liberating, gathering and Temple building in those days of old as will be done in our day. This is even backed by the explicit mention that it is the redeemer doing these things, per
accounts in Isaiah 44:24-28. Since Dan explicitely reveals Michael dealing with Cyrus,
then Isaiah 44:24-28 is calling Michael the 'redeemer' (HaSheva).

*note the layers of prophecy
1)historical 2)repeat emulation battling prince of Persia in our day (even TBN can verify this is Michael leading that battle)
3)the spiritual emulation (Mithra image is from ancient Persia)

Daniel 8:16 states that Daniel was sent to explain the vision.
With all due respect, please get off your "LEGENDS". The OP asked no question concerning the temple. As usual, your posts are nonsense and without contributing to the questions asked by the OP.

1)I used sources, I used the Bible.
2)you used no sources and we see why,
when you did there was no validation to what you were saying=you created it.
3)take your own words and get off your legend Jesus who has no historical sources and is not the one Isaiah calls Redeemer. Using your own standards you just killed your imposter king.
4)Bringing up what the OP is or is not discussing when we are addressing your off track statement is one of the worst excuses I've seen in a while, especially since you just busted on most your posts on all the topics you disregard when you hate monger with ad hominom attacks.

Never mind part 2 of my reply, except when you have sources-bible verses these confusions don't occur.
You typed Daniel in your last reply when you meant to type Gabriel. I was referring to the Night Vision of the son of man coming with or out of the "gathering of hosts" called "CLOUDS". Your NT revisits this in Theslonians whereby it's by the call Michael to come up to MT Zion and that gathering of hosts (Clouds) for the Temple (Mikdash)
procession in his name.

In the verse you posted Daniel is talking to another Messenger not Gabriel who tells Gabriel to explain the vision. The begining and end subject is interweaved in little implications through those verses. Nobody ever notices these things=people are not very observent.
*Zooooom over the head*
Especially where Daniel 10 mentions
"Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee "
Literally asked to note where the message and messenger comes from =world to come aka future.
Any scoffers or stasists on this subject can research sending sound faster then light or the former Pres. Clinton Science symposium with Hawkins where he admited this technology now existed and was achieved.
This admission was followed by the professor admitting he was wrong on former assumptions of no proof of time travel in history as he was pointed to proof in the Bible. A D'oh moment indeed.
That being noted, holographic images using Laser light produced through organized emission of photons thrusted faster then normal speed of light is not out of the question.

Last edited:

Yes. It's called the TRINITY.
Father. Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit.
It's perfect proof of it. Just because the word TRINITY is not used, doesn't mean it isn't so.

God told Moses: I am what I am
Jesus told the Pharisees: before Abraham was, I am

Draw your own conclusions...

conclusion------the phrase "Jesus told the Pharisees: before Abraham was, I am"
was attributed to a non-person called "JOHN" <<clearly something like
JOHN DOE ---------the books attributed to john-----are written in (I believe) either all
greek or mostly greek and by a person or persons who depended on heresay and
who never actually met Jesus. -------they are MYSTICAL words-----all

One God - Three Persons

A God of infinite power and wisdom can be 3 in 1 and can understand 3 in 1
WE do not have infinite wisdom and knowledge, therefore we can not understand God and his ways... not 100%

When Jesus said "before Abraham was, I am" - they were ready to stone him for blasphemy.

Why?

Because he was calling himself God.

Forum List

Back