A Puzzling Query From The Bible

Yes. Your obvious attack on everything concerning the NT. No wonder you people are a thorn in the sides of the nations. You're all full of hate.

where do you see an ATTACK on the NT? Is it because I do not accept that it is
a DIVINE REVELATION? I do not accept that the OT is a DIVINE REVELATION either. ------but I do not DEBASE IT-------it is a sublime work ----as
is the Odyssey. Parts of the NT were DESIGNED to support such fascinating
enterprises as the INQUISITION-------not all parts----just the parts under the control of the genocidal pig----CONSTANTINE. Constantine authored the basic
laws that your hero ADOLF adopted as the NUREMBURG CODE

Actually, the NT speaks of a loving Christ unlike your religion of hate and harsh adherence to the Law which no man can possibly keep.
Your hatred will ultimately destroy you.

you know, winger Christian supremaqcist, the bible says not to listen to false prophets. it is one of the first rules of our religion. and I never bother disrespecting anyone's faith because I figure people believe what they believe. but to us, what you believe is false prophesy and lies and things made up by men and edited by Constantine.

see how that works, loser?

No I don't since I actually READ the Bible. If you believe Christ was not the very messenger of Love, then prove it by posting Scripture that indicates He was a hateful person. Put your post up here. I have posted no prophecy whether false or otherwise.

Jesus himself was a messenger of love---he was a Pharisee-----it was the shit that came later that wrote filth in HIS NAME

he said a lot of good stuff. but he wasn't the messiah. and he mostly preached that rome should be run out of jerusalem

Have you ever considered this oddity: in Genesis, God referring to Himself in the third person?

Genesis 1:26says, “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’”

Genesis 3:22states, “And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us.’”

Genesis 11:7 "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Is one to conclude that there may be more than one Eternal Being???

Well, no.... the Bible makes clear that there is only one.

1. "Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."
28 Biblical Passages Which Explicitly Teach There is Only One God

If you value your faith, I suggest you don't delve too deeply into any unusual things like that you might find in the bible. Just gloss over it, and continue to concentrate on the parts that you like as you always have. Actual study of the bible, and expecting it to make sense has turned many strong believers into agnostics or atheists. The bible only works if you chose to suspend rational thought.

Not really, that is just your jaded opinion. There as some "problems" with the Bible but not many and they are of no real significance. The Bible actually makes perfect sense, beginning to end. You should read Mere Christianity when speaking of agnostics and atheists.

where do you see an ATTACK on the NT? Is it because I do not accept that it is
a DIVINE REVELATION? I do not accept that the OT is a DIVINE REVELATION either. ------but I do not DEBASE IT-------it is a sublime work ----as
is the Odyssey. Parts of the NT were DESIGNED to support such fascinating
enterprises as the INQUISITION-------not all parts----just the parts under the control of the genocidal pig----CONSTANTINE. Constantine authored the basic
laws that your hero ADOLF adopted as the NUREMBURG CODE

Actually, the NT speaks of a loving Christ unlike your religion of hate and harsh adherence to the Law which no man can possibly keep.
Your hatred will ultimately destroy you.

you know, winger Christian supremaqcist, the bible says not to listen to false prophets. it is one of the first rules of our religion. and I never bother disrespecting anyone's faith because I figure people believe what they believe. but to us, what you believe is false prophesy and lies and things made up by men and edited by Constantine.

see how that works, loser?

No I don't since I actually READ the Bible. If you believe Christ was not the very messenger of Love, then prove it by posting Scripture that indicates He was a hateful person. Put your post up here. I have posted no prophecy whether false or otherwise.

Jesus himself was a messenger of love---he was a Pharisee-----it was the shit that came later that wrote filth in HIS NAME

he said a lot of good stuff. but he wasn't the messiah. and he mostly preached that rome should be run out of jerusalem

I didn't think you religious. Intersting point you seem to be trying to make. The He you are talking about is Jesus? If so could you quote Jesus' words that made you come to such a conclusion?

Have you ever considered this oddity: in Genesis, God referring to Himself in the third person?

Genesis 1:26says, “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’”

Genesis 3:22states, “And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us.’”

Genesis 11:7 "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

1. "Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."

If you value your faith, I suggest you don't delve too deeply into any unusual things like that you might find in the bible. Just gloss over it, and continue to concentrate on the parts that you like as you always have. Actual study of the bible, and expecting it to make sense has turned many strong believers into agnostics or atheists. The bible only works if you chose to suspend rational thought.
Bulldog, You are very wise. In 2 weeks I will have completed my 4th decade on this planet, and have believed in God all my life. But I also have a moderate sense of logic, and so no longer believe as I did as a child. Things like the Holocaust and Sandy Hook cast doubt on whether God knows my name, as I once believed. I am still a believer, and a Bible quoter, and try to live by the principles I find there. But somewhere along the line, I discovered that I have learned that what I once thought, that God is there to take care of me, is wrong, and he probably wont be there for me. So when I see the suffering today of Middle East Christians and question why we serve a God that is deaf to our pain, I have to admit how little I understand of what he wants from us. Surely Christian agony does not pleasure him, so what's going on?

How would you have God, or anyone else for that matter, take care of you?

Not really, that is just your jaded opinion. There as some "problems" with the Bible but not many and they are of no real significance. The Bible actually makes perfect sense, beginning to end. You should read Mere Christianity when speaking of agnostics and atheists.

DON'T know what book you are reading but the NT has over 50 thousand errors, contradictions, and lies in it.
Including historical fallacies that are blatant deceptions.
Furthermore the main character is converged of many figures both real and mythical which help expose these errors and lies through such contradictions.
None of the gospels were written by those named after them and those apostles were not prophets as their expectations never came true and they were not in any way prophetic or trained or skilled in things that can be deemed such. In fact just like Jesus was a converged character, so were many of the 12 desciples converged of many.
Of course if you realized this then you wouldn't be the deceived they said would fall for this Son of Baal (Morning Star).

backing sources: Jesus depicted in the era of King Herod and Lysanias yet,
Herod died 4Bc & Lysanias died in 35bc. the Galilean christ Yehuda died 6bc far cry from Pilates era, but the only AD era christ Theudas by the Jordan died in 45 ad is the one with the apostles. Neither of these 2 christs are the illegitimate son of Mary of 100bc who was hanged on Passover.

I think the fact you don't know which Christ you talk about when saying the word Jesus is enough to make your post rediculous to think there are little problems with your NT.
The ending alone(rev 22:16) admitting Jesus is Lucifer has to throw your words right out.

DON'T know what book you are reading but the NT has over 50 thousand errors, contradictions, and lies in it.
Furthermore the main character is converged of many figures both real and mythical which help expose these errors and lies through such contradictions.
None of the gospels were written by those named after them and those apostles were not prophets as their expectations never came true and they were not in any way prophetic or trained or skilled in things that can be deemed such. In fact just like Jesus was a converged character, so were many of the 12 desciples converged of many.
Of course if you realized this then you wouldn't be the deceived they said would fall for this Son of Baal (Morning Star).

Herod died 4Bc & Lysanias died in 35bc. the Galilean christ Yehuda died 6bc far cry from Pilates era, but the only AD era christ Theudas by the Jordan died in 45 ad is the one with the apostles. Neither of these 2 christs are the illegitimate son of Mary of 100bc who was hanged on Passover.

I think the fact you don't know which Christ you talk about when saying the word Jesus is enough to make your post rediculous to think there are little problems with your NT.
The ending alone(rev 22:16) admitting Jesus is Lucifer has to throw your words right out.

All of that is still ignoring the politics that went into deciding which books were included in the Bible, and the changes in text that were made so it would be approved by the committee who put it together. That's right. The bible is the work product of a contentious committee.

Yeah, we need more info on Eusebius the great liar and forger who helped change and tweek things that don't match earlier texts before the council of Nicea.
It would do the world good if they found any description or details by him on what exactly he did, like a list of books he got his greasy hands on.

Bulldog, You are very wise. In 2 weeks I will have completed my 4th decade on this planet, and have believed in God all my life. But I also have a moderate sense of logic, and so no longer believe as I did as a child. Things like the Holocaust and Sandy Hook cast doubt on whether God knows my name, as I once believed. I am still a believer, and a Bible quoter, and try to live by the principles I find there. But somewhere along the line, I discovered that I have learned that what I once thought, that God is there to take care of me, is wrong, and he probably wont be there for me. So when I see the suffering today of Middle East Christians and question why we serve a God that is deaf to our pain, I have to admit how little I understand of what he wants from us. Surely Christian agony does not pleasure him, so what's going on?

Free will. God isn't done with this world yet and He WILL PUNISH evil. Read Revelation.

Freewill, I was wrong in my belief. Somehow I got the idea that an earnest prayer would bring relief should I ever need it, but that didn't help Sandy Hook, where the victims were innocents. When I worked the ambulance and twice picked up the broken bodies of unwanted children who paid in pain for parent's frustrations (and made me rethink my position on abortion), I shook my fists at heaven and shouted "Where were you?" When I see the ads for St. Jude Hospital and all those children with cancers, I wonder. And when I see the victims of the violence of the malicious and mindlessly inhumane, I realize I have no more chance of God's interference than those who suffer. And yet, the parables and other admonitions have been guides for me all my life, and I believe there will be an accounting one day. Confusing, huh?

Freewill, I was wrong in my belief. Somehow I got the idea that an earnest prayer would bring relief should I ever need it, but that didn't help Sandy Hook, where the victims were innocents. When I worked the ambulance and twice picked up the broken bodies of unwanted children who paid in pain for parent's frustrations (and made me rethink my position on abortion), I shook my fists at heaven and shouted "Where were you?" When I see the ads for St. Jude Hospital and all those children with cancers, I wonder. And when I see the victims of the violence of the malicious and mindlessly inhumane, I realize I have no more chance of God's interference than those who suffer. And yet, the parables and other admonitions have been guides for me all my life, and I believe there will be an accounting one day. Confusing, huh?

Did God cause those children to be abused? What part do you suppose God played in Sandy Hook? Do you really want to be a slave to a God that dictates your actions? You want to be a slave or do you want everyone else to be a slave?

Does God have more to do with what has happened to the children you describe or more to do with giving reason to good people like yourself that help children as you describe. Does God direct us to be abusive parents or loving and kind parents? Leaving the decision of which way to go up to Free will.

There is a book you could read that might help you with your apparent disappointment with God. Well actually three books. "Letters From a Skeptic." Ver down to Earth explanations of things we question. "Mere Christianity, famous book telling of the travels of an agnostic to believer. And of course the Bible itself.

One analogy given in the first book is that of a small cabin located on Omaha beach during the allied invasion. Inside is the family commander of operations for the invasion. They keep sending him requests to be saved but no help comes. The commander knows to answer the call of this one house means hundreds of other will die, so he takes no action. Not sure that fits into what you are saying but it makes sense to me.

Life is temporary, some day it will all come clear.

Did God cause those children to be abused? What part do you suppose God played in Sandy Hook? Do you really want to be a slave to a God that dictates your actions? You want to be a slave or do you want everyone else to be a slave?

Does God have more to do with what has happened to the children you describe or more to do with giving reason to good people like yourself that help children as you describe. Does God direct us to be abusive parents or loving and kind parents? Leaving the decision of which way to go up to Free will.

There is a book you could read that might help you with your apparent disappointment with God. Well actually three books. "Letters From a Skeptic." Ver down to Earth explanations of things we question. "Mere Christianity, famous book telling of the travels of an agnostic to believer. And of course the Bible itself.

One analogy given in the first book is that of a small cabin located on Omaha beach during the allied invasion. Inside is the family commander of operations for the invasion. They keep sending him requests to be saved but no help comes. The commander knows to answer the call of this one house means hundreds of other will die, so he takes no action. Not sure that fits into what you are saying but it makes sense to me.

Life is temporary, some day it will all come clear.
Thank you, freewill! I am grateful for your encouragement.

For those who know how to read----think THEME----fine literature always has THEMES------the MAJOR THEME of the Book called IN ENGLISH---GENESIS----
is "MAN HAS FREE WILL"-------or, to simplify, -----G-d ain't responsible for what
YOU or any other HUMAN does. You and they ain't forced and your actions are not
PREDETERMINED-------interestingly enough----the same theme is treated in the
fine ancient scriptural work-----THE ODYSSEY. In Hebrew the word (approx.)
bachar (???) (approximately) means CHOOSE-----it is a major important
word in the book called "GENESIS"---------it seems to confuse gentiles------which
is probably why I understand the ODYSSEY better than do YOU (gentiles out
there.

Forum List

Back