A Perfect Example Of Modern Environmentalism

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
California (or los angeles , I don't know ) passed a plastic bags law.
someone needs to explain to me how paying 10 cents per bag helps the environment.
the law has only been in effect for a few months, some stores are already jacking up the price to 15 cents per bag.
why was there no coalition of businesses trying to stop this environmental law?
it's simple, because the goal of the law was to have the public pick up the tab for the plastic business expense, why would a business be angry about that?
as proof this whole thing as BS, stores are also charging 10 cents for paper bags.
what does a paper bag have to do with a plastic law?
this is A perfect example of modern environmentalism.
the politicians pointed out a problem as a sales pitch, forced the public to pick up the tab for plastic, and the public pays the money in trade for BS statistics and fairy tales about trash being reduced.
(as the government floods another million foreigners in here to throw trash in the landfill)
in a couple of years some corrupt ass politician is going to make a speech saying they reduced plastic by 9 bugillion percent ...like there's someone counting plastic bags, right?
we are truly becoming a nation of morons.

A Perfect Example Of Modern Environmentalism

A perfect example of a hasty generalization fallacy.

Otherwise your entire post is incoherent idiocy, especially the part about littering immigrants.

It fucks over the poor that now has to lug stuff home with paper bags.

The left doesn't care.
The left doesn't care because you run out of rich people to soak so damn fast you have no choice but to screw everyone else to get your money. Yet the poor keep voting for this shit.

This isn't a law intended in any way to benefit the environment. It's a bunch of democrats gouging Walmart. That's there target of hate. Oh...and the poor of course. They're always the collateral damage in these "environmental" orchestrations. Democrat city administrations and marxist public employee unions don't give a damn about the poor though, do they? They never do and never have.

The actual reasoning is simple - if you are poor and buying things it is somewhat likely that you do not want to deal with the added expense and therefore will either reuse your bags or use fewer.

Of course, this type of thing is really only targeted at changing the habits and expenses of the poor, the rich don't want to give up their luxury jets for the environment.

The best part though is that laws like this do so little to influence actual change that it is immeasurable. IOW, pointlessly hiders the poor so that some asinine lawmakers can 'feel better.'

So don't ask for bags. Or move away. You don't need the money you're making from that liberal run area right? Move to somewhere conservative. You'll make a lot less money but hey... cost of living is really low :thup:

I made more money when I moved to Charlotte from Boston, along with a much lower cost of living.

Well, no wonder this AGW thing is driving prices up... it makes things supposedly bad for the environment harder to afford. Guess what that does to the poor?
?

Please tell me that you already understood this.

That is the SOLE purpose of every single AGW law out out there. The carbon tax, Obama statements about coal, the vehicle requirements - all engineered to force you to make economic decisions that follow what they want you to do by making the alternative to damn expensive.

They recognize that the people would realize freedom does not exist when they jailed you for buying the incorrect type of water heater but change tax law, call it a power under the 'commerce clause,' and then watch how the same exact outcome materializes. Yet that is not an encroachment!?!?!

So don't ask for bags. Or move away. You don't need the money you're making from that liberal run area right? Move to somewhere conservative. You'll make a lot less money but hey... cost of living is really low :thup:

I made more money when I moved to Charlotte from Boston, along with a much lower cost of living.

Oh you moved from a liberal place that made you lots of money to a liberal place that makes you lots of money but it's less expensive? Good for you man :clap2:

Well, no wonder this AGW thing is driving prices up... it makes things supposedly bad for the environment harder to afford. Guess what that does to the poor?
?

Please tell me that you already understood this.

That is the SOLE purpose of every single AGW law out out there. The carbon tax, Obama statements about coal, the vehicle requirements - all engineered to force you to make economic decisions that follow what they want you to do by making the alternative to damn expensive.

They recognize that the people would realize freedom does not exist when they jailed you for buying the incorrect type of water heater but change tax law, call it a power under the 'commerce clause,' and then watch how the same exact outcome materializes. Yet that is not an encroachment!?!?!

Oh I understand it completely. I am explaining the core mechanism of a religion called Anthropogenic Global Warming. The IPCC series reports are their bible.

Oh you moved from a liberal place that made you lots of money to a liberal place that makes you lots of money but it's less expensive? Good for you man :clap2:

I lived in York County, South Carolina which was extremely conservative. I worked in uptown Charlotte and Charlotte is not all that liberal. The mayor was a Republican and they had nothing but Republican mayors for the previous 20 years.

I lived in York County, South Carolina which was extremely conservative. I worked in uptown Charlotte and Charlotte is not all that liberal. The mayor was a Republican and they had nothing but Republican mayors for the previous 20 years.
That must be incorrect because ONLY liberal areas are successful while ALL conservative ones are filled with trailer parks...

California (or los angeles , I don't know ) passed a plastic bags law.
someone needs to explain to me how paying 10 cents per bag helps the environment.
the law has only been in effect for a few months, some stores are already jacking up the price to 15 cents per bag.
why was there no coalition of businesses trying to stop this environmental law?
it's simple, because the goal of the law was to have the public pick up the tab for the plastic business expense, why would a business be angry about that?
as proof this whole thing as BS, stores are also charging 10 cents for paper bags.
what does a paper bag have to do with a plastic law?
this is A perfect example of modern environmentalism.
the politicians pointed out a problem as a sales pitch, forced the public to pick up the tab for plastic, and the public pays the money in trade for BS statistics and fairy tales about trash being reduced.
(as the government floods another million foreigners in here to throw trash in the landfill)
in a couple of years some corrupt ass politician is going to make a speech saying they reduced plastic by 9 bugillion percent ...like there's someone counting plastic bags, right?
we are truly becoming a nation of morons.
Income concentrations.
Transfer of wealth.

That's what it's about.

That must be incorrect because ONLY liberal areas are successful while ALL conservative ones are filled with trailer parks...
In the South those are Democrats.

Remember people 10 cents for a plastic bag hurts the poor, paper bags hurt the poor and reusable bags hurt the poor....

... but dont raise the minimum wage because that hurts the poor too.

We should actually promote more plastic bags because they're actually good for the environment

It's not California as a whole (yet, at least), the plastic bag laws are passed in a few local municipalities. They ban plastic bags entirely and then charge for paper bags. The goal is to have people spend $5 on a reusable bag to save resources It's a stupid law. If a grocery store wants to give me free paper bags, let them. If they want to give me plastic, let them. The law will have absolutely no impact on helping the environment whatsoever.

Forum List

Back