A non-partisan examination of the federal debt

The Obama budget deficits originated during the Bush presidency...

1. Tax cuts 2001-2002 (4 trillion over 10 years)
2. Prescription drug benefits (1 trillion over 10 years)
3. Economic meltdown of 2008 ( 3 trillion and rising)
4. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (2 trillion and winding down)

Funny how Bush creating a prescription drug benefit is a bad thing and Obama creating one is a good thing. Can anyone explain that in any terms that do not mention that Obama is a Democrat and the first black president?

Without the super committee, the spending cuts start automatically in January of 2013.

When the Bush tax cuts expire in December of 2012, Obama won't allow them to be renewed.

Spending cuts + a return to the old tax rates = deficit reduction.

Congress has been taken out of the equation. No treasonous Tea Party/Republicans to mess things up.

Another brilliant move by Obama.

I am willing to bet you right here and now that Obama will call for another extension of the Bush tax cuts before the election in November.

Without the super committee, the spending cuts start automatically in January of 2013.

When the Bush tax cuts expire in December of 2012, Obama won't allow them to be renewed.

Congress has been taken out of the equation. No treasonous Tea Party/Republicans to mess things up.

I am willing to bet you right here and now that Obama will call for another extension of the Bush tax cuts before the election in November.

It's funny that the Bush tax cuts are still Bush tax cuts after Obama signed their extention. Or the Bush wars are still the Bush wars three years after Obama has been running them. Perhaps all the other conflicts that Obama started are also Bush's fault.

It's funny that the Bush tax cuts are still Bush tax cuts after Obama signed their extention. Or the Bush wars are still the Bush wars three years after Obama has been running them. Perhaps all the other conflicts that Obama started are also Bush's fault.

What's really funny is how $2 trillion of those Bush tax cuts went to people making less than $200,000 a year, and that taxes would go up on people making less than $10,000 a year if they actually do expire, yet people want us to believe they were all for the rich.

What's really funny is how $2 trillion of those Bush tax cuts went to people making less than $200,000 a year, and that taxes would go up on people making less than $10,000 a year if they actually do expire, yet people want us to believe they were all for the rich.

It's not like Obama hasn't made any mistakes. Many liberals, myself included, can admit that. Yet, most conservatives on this board refuse to give him credit for anything.

Including yourself.

The question isn't MERELY who caused the debt to rise, the qeustion is ALSO whose spending did the most good?

Unless, of course, you dont' CARE what the end result of the spending was.

In which case who cares what you think?

It's not like Obama hasn't made any mistakes. Many liberals, myself included, can admit that. Yet, most conservatives on this board refuse to give him credit for anything.

Including yourself.

waaaa, tissue?

Including yourself.

waaaa, tissue?

You should be more concerned with your own close-mindedness, but then again I suppose that's what makes you a conservative, huh?

Including yourself.

waaaa, tissue?

You should be more concerned with your own close-mindedness, but then again I suppose that's what makes you a conservative, huh?

what exactly has the Obama done that we all should be bowing at his feet for?
high unemployment?
downgrade of our credit rating?
stole billions from taxpayers to invest in his visions then those companies went BANKRUPT?
high gas prices?
food prices, you been shopping lately?
etc etc

Last edited:
waaaa, tissue?

my closed-mindedness? I don't start thread after thread making excuse for and whining how nobody gives the poor Obama any respect.

Well, it's pathetic really. Either such people are willfully ignorant, or they are just stupid.

What's your excuse?

my closed-mindedness? I don't start thread after thread making excuse for and whining how nobody gives the poor Obama any respect.

Well, it's pathetic really. Either such people are willfully ignorant, or they are just stupid.

What's your excuse?

high unemployment?
stole billions from taxpayers to invest in his visions then those companies went BANKRUPT?
high gas prices?
etc etc

What's your excuse?

high unemployment?
high gas prices?
etc etc

1) Do you have any evidence to support that Obama can be directly blamed for the unemployment rate? We have had 23 months of private sector growth. Obama deserves partial credit for that.
2) How exactly was that Obama's fault?
3) Solyndra got 535 million in support
4) Again, how is it Obama's fault gas prices are high?

What's your excuse?

high unemployment?
high gas prices?
etc etc

1) Do you have any evidence to support that Obama can be directly blamed for the unemployment rate? We have had 23 months of private sector growth. Obama deserves partial credit for that.

not playing your game...but it's not just conservatives who isn't kissing Obama's ass.
His approval rating is in the low 40's amongst the American people..go ask them why they don't see him as the Great One.

high unemployment?
high gas prices?
etc etc

not playing your game...but it's not just conservatives who isn't kissing Obama's ass.
His approval rating is in the low 40's amongst the American people..go ask them why they don't see him as the Great One.

Partly because they expect the president to be a cure-all. No man is capable of that. Any idiot with a basic understanding of economics knows that there are factors outside of our control.

Partly because they expect the president to be a cure-all. No man is capable of that. Any idiot with a basic understanding of economics knows that there are factors outside of our control.

lol, yeah well the Great Obama "promised" them he would FIX it all and SAVE them..
guess they saw he was full of it when he spewed, HOPE AND CHANGE.

Billy000, Nice try with your debt info. However there is NOTHING your could present to the right wing whackos on here that they would agree with. If George Bush himself came out and said that the current debt is the result of Obama trying to bail our asses out from the mess that he, George Bush made, they still wouldn't believe what George Bush did or said.

If God Almighty came down and said it was Bush's decisions that put us in this mess, they would claim God was....well...... unGodly. And then try and school God how it wasn't anything the Rethugs or George Bush did.

It is beyond their ability to understand any information presented that does not coincide with their warped way of thinking.

Billy000, Nice try with your debt info. However there is NOTHING your could present to the right wing whackos on here that they would agree with. If George Bush himself came out and said that the current debt is the result of Obama trying to bail our asses out from the mess that he, George Bush made, they still wouldn't believe what George Bush did or said.

If God Almighty came down and said it was Bush's decisions that put us in this mess, they would claim God was....well...... unGodly. And then try and school God how it wasn't anything the Rethugs or George Bush did.

It is beyond their ability to understand any information presented that does not coincide with their warped way of thinking.

:lol::eusa_hand:

You're right. The truth is powerless against those who've been inoculated against it.

The Obama budget deficits originated during the Bush presidency...

1. Tax cuts 2001-2002 (4 trillion over 10 years)
2. Prescription drug benefits (1 trillion over 10 years)
3. Economic meltdown of 2008 ( 3 trillion and rising)
4. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (2 trillion and winding down)

Are those the same cuts Democrats when holding the majority passed?

The same cuts democrats dont want to entirely repeal?

Forum List

Back