A non-partisan examination of the federal debt

The rest of the debt under Obama was to offset the recession. It was automatic increase. Obama inherited 10 trillion. Half of that 10 trillion stemmed from Bush's two wars and the tax breaks he passed.

KNow the difference.

What we do understand is the latest Obama budget got all the tax increases he wanted and still runs a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit.

KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

And yet your candidates are no different. Are you even aware of that?

MY CANDIDATES?

:lmao:

If you ever pulled your partisan head out of your ass you would know better.

What we do understand is the latest Obama budget got all the tax increases he wanted and still runs a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit.

KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

MY CANDIDATES?

Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum would all increase spending if they were elected.

Any of this sinking in?

Both parties have more than their share of blame for this mess a nearly 16trillion dollar debt did not start With Bush or Obama it is way beyond either of them and has been run up by both parties worrying about who has run up more debt is like worrying about drowning in 30 feet of water as opposed to 20 feet of water the end result is still the same.

Libs and Cons should take the time to read this because both sides of the aisle are guilty of distorting the facts:

FactCheck.org : Dueling Debt Deceptions

Here are some highlights:

...It’s not true, for example, that the debt has increased only 16 percent since Obama took office. That erroneous calculation originally came from the office of House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. And — despite being corrected later — it has continued to circulate via email.
And it’s also untrue — as claimed in a graphic widely circulated by email and in social media postings — that the debt has increased more under Obama than under all previous 43 presidents combined. In fact, as of Jan. 31, 2012, the rise under Obama had yet to surpass the rise under his predecessor, George W. Bush.
Here is my favorite part of the article:

We won’t attempt here to assess which side is more to blame for the mounting debt, or how much of the increase is Obama’s fault. Washington Post columnist Ezra Klein argues that the economic stimulus and other Obama policies account for just under $1 trillion of the debt added since he took office, while Bush added $5.1 trillion in his eight years — mostly due to tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. On the other hand, former Washington Post reporter Eric Pianin and others fault Obama for not getting more strongly behind the recommendations of his own deficit-reduction commission more than a year ago. Obama agreed to extend Bush’s tax cuts for two years, even as his commission called for tax reform. And he attacked Republican proposals to hold down the cost of Medicare, despite the commission’s call to move beyond the “phantom savings” in his own health care law, savings the commission said “will never materialize.”

All we can do here is point to the correct figures for how much debt has piled up on Obama’s watch, and note that there is ample blame to go around. When the partisan deceptions on each side are disregarded, the plain fact remains that the debt has increased, for many years, under both Democratic and Republican presidents. And it is currently increasing rapidly, reaching historically high levels, while partisans continue to struggle over what to do about it.
In sum, Bush increased the debt by 86% and Obama increased the debt by 45%.

Wow, you just read the numbers, and totally misstated what they said in the exact same post. IS that a special talent you have?

Here is the paragraph you should quote if you really want to be non partisan.

That’s a huge increase to be sure — 44.5 percent. And the Congressional Budget Office now projects that it will grow to more than $16 trillion by the end of the current fiscal year on Sept. 30. At that point, the debt will have increased by more dollars in Obama’s first four years than it did in George W. Bush’s entire eight-year tenure, when it rose by $4.9 trillion. The rise under Obama would then be the biggest dollar increase for any president in U.S. history.

Look at that, adding as much to the debt in 4 years as Bush did in 8. I think that is what I have said on this board more than once, and I still stick to it, and it looks like your link backs me up.

From your link:

As can be seen here, Obama’s 45 percent rise is nearly equal in dollar terms to his predecessor’s 85 percent increase — because Obama started from a much higher base.

True enough. However, there is no denying that Bush's policies is what exploded the deficit. Obama's direct contribution to the debt is less than a trillion.

He has also made several attempts to reduce the debt by 3-4 trillion. Congress, however, blocked each proposal.

Where the fuck do you get less than $1 trillion? The stimulus alone added almost that much to the debt.

Obama's direct contribution to the debt is less than a trillion.

I'm sorry, what??

From YOUR link

That shows the nation’s total debt stood at $10.6 trillion on the day Obama took office (not $6.3 trillion), and it had increased to nearly $15.4 trillion by the end of January 2012 — a rise of more than $4.7 trillion in just over three years (not $6.5 trillion).

That’s a huge increase to be sure — 44.5 percent. And the Congressional Budget Office now projects that it will grow to more than $16 trillion by the end of the current fiscal year on Sept. 30. At that point, the debt will have increased by more dollars in Obama’s first four years than it did in George W. Bush’s entire eight-year tenure, when it rose by $4.9 trillion. The rise under Obama would then be the biggest dollar increase for any president in U.S. history.

Billy has serious problems with facts.

Obama's direct contribution to the debt is less than a trillion.

I'm sorry, what??

From YOUR link

That shows the nation’s total debt stood at $10.6 trillion on the day Obama took office (not $6.3 trillion), and it had increased to nearly $15.4 trillion by the end of January 2012 — a rise of more than $4.7 trillion in just over three years (not $6.5 trillion).

The rest of the debt under Obama was to offset the recession. It was automatic increase. Obama inherited 10 trillion. Half of that 10 trillion stemmed from Bush's two wars and the tax breaks he passed.

KNow the difference.

Bullshit.

For the record, if you read the constitution you will see that no spending can be authorized for more than two years. There is no such thing as an automatic increase, every single increase in spending has to be voted on, and then signed by the president. Every single one. Any spending done after 20 January 2009 is on Obama.

MY CANDIDATES?

Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum would all increase spending if they were elected.

Any of this sinking in?

And I will call any of them on it if they do, even if I have a bout of temporary insanity and actually vote on one of them.

I love all this whinning about the debt.

The debt was higher when Truman was in office.

All we need to do is let the Bush tax cuts expire and cut spending.

It's not rocket science.

I love all this whinning about the debt.

The debt was higher when Truman was in office.

All we need to do is let the Bush tax cuts expire and cut spending.

It's not rocket science.

It was higher as a percentage of GDP, and they paid it down.

I hope you enjoy paying higher taxes when the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire.

I'm sorry, what??

From YOUR link

KNow the difference.

Bullshit.

For the record, if you read the constitution you will see that no spending can be authorized for more than two years. There is no such thing as an automatic increase, every single increase in spending has to be voted on, and then signed by the president. Every single one. Any spending done after 20 January 2009 is on Obama.

Okay, then explain to me what Obama has been spending all of this on. Do you even know?

Fact Check and well known Boiking fluffer Ezra Klein?...You can't possibly be serious.

I don't think you can be serious, either. Do you have an actual argument against this article?

I didn't think so.

Why is it that the cost of maintaining troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are counted as Bush expenses but not Obama expenses? That alone totally skews this comparison so badly as to make it useless.

Fact Check and well known Boiking fluffer Ezra Klein?...You can't possibly be serious.

I don't think you can be serious, either. Do you have an actual argument against this article?

I didn't think so.

Why is it that the cost of maintaining troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are counted as Bush expenses but not Obama expenses? That alone totally skews this comparison so badly as to make it useless.

Makes it useless? Obama had to continue these wars. It was Bush that started them.

From your link:

As can be seen here, Obama’s 45 percent rise is nearly equal in dollar terms to his predecessor’s 85 percent increase — because Obama started from a much higher base.

True enough. However, there is no denying that Bush's policies is what exploded the deficit. Obama's direct contribution to the debt is less than a trillion.

He has also made several attempts to reduce the debt by 3-4 trillion. Congress, however, blocked each proposal.

Oh bullshit. The Obama stimulus package is now part of the baseline budget process. That's an extra $750 billion a year. Bloviate to somebody else.

From your link:

Oh bullshit. The Obama stimulus package is now part of the baseline budget process. That's an extra $750 billion a year. Bloviate to somebody else.

Actually that is bullshit.

Otherwise there would be an 8K tax credit for first time home buyers.

Why do you lie?

Libs and Cons should take the time to read this because both sides of the aisle are guilty of distorting the facts:

FactCheck.org : Dueling Debt Deceptions

Here are some highlights:

...It’s not true, for example, that the debt has increased only 16 percent since Obama took office. That erroneous calculation originally came from the office of House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. And — despite being corrected later — it has continued to circulate via email.

And it’s also untrue — as claimed in a graphic widely circulated by email and in social media postings — that the debt has increased more under Obama than under all previous 43 presidents combined. In fact, as of Jan. 31, 2012, the rise under Obama had yet to surpass the rise under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Here is my favorite part of the article:

We won’t attempt here to assess which side is more to blame for the mounting debt, or how much of the increase is Obama’s fault. Washington Post columnist Ezra Klein argues that the economic stimulus and other Obama policies account for just under $1 trillion of the debt added since he took office, while Bush added $5.1 trillion in his eight years — mostly due to tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. On the other hand, former Washington Post reporter Eric Pianin and others fault Obama for not getting more strongly behind the recommendations of his own deficit-reduction commission more than a year ago. Obama agreed to extend Bush’s tax cuts for two years, even as his commission called for tax reform. And he attacked Republican proposals to hold down the cost of Medicare, despite the commission’s call to move beyond the “phantom savings” in his own health care law, savings the commission said “will never materialize.”

All we can do here is point to the correct figures for how much debt has piled up on Obama’s watch, and note that there is ample blame to go around. When the partisan deceptions on each side are disregarded, the plain fact remains that the debt has increased, for many years, under both Democratic and Republican presidents. And it is currently increasing rapidly, reaching historically high levels, while partisans continue to struggle over what to do about it.

Factcheck is not non-partisan. they fully support the left.

also; 86% in 8 years vs 45% in 3 is nothing to boast about.

for a nice even ballpark; That's 90% for big 0 in 6 years, assuming people are ignorant or foolish enough to vote him in.

Well, that's why you should read over the source and then decide.

FactCheck.org funded by the Tides Foundation via Annenberg Public Policy Center. Which Obama was on the board. With Bill Ayres. Get a fucking clue.Nuf sed.

Anneburg is a Republican.

Find a clue yourself.

Annenberg is a damned RINO laftist . Anybody who would have Obama and Ayres anywhere around is a nutcase.

Actually that is bullshit.

Otherwise there would be an 8K tax credit for first time home buyers.

Why do you lie?

A single tax credit doesn't make the whole thing disappear. Nice try. How stupid. It's $750 billion.

Forum List

Back