A new Contract "ON" America?

gop-pledge-910.jpg

Which is somewhat short sighted.....the monumental dump that the Shrub and company left for Obama to clean up surely wasn't going to be cleared up in a year. Mind you, there is anger over him NOT taken decisive, confrontational actions when he could have, but let's be real....the alternative is far worse. Personally, I'd like to see all this angst thrown into a viable third party....not some liberal equivalent of the Koch/Armey astroturf nonsense like the Tea Party.

How quickly Obama supporters forget:

2hgekye.gif

Seems to me the Council of Economic Advisors thought differently.
Republicans say they know what shouldn't have been done to turn the economy around.
Shouldn't have bailed out Wall street
Shouldn't have bailed out GM
Shouldn't have passed Financial Reform
Shouldn't have passed the stimulus bill
Shouldn't have passed the small business jobs bill
Funny thing, you never hear them say what they would have done to turn the economy around.

You've never heard a Republican say "cut taxes" and "cut spending?"

2hgekye.gif

Republicans say they know what shouldn't have been done to turn the economy around.
Funny thing, you never hear them say what they would have done to turn the economy around.

I was talking about real programs to create jobs not the slogan of the party.

bush_tax_jobs-not.jpg

Perhaps there is the problem, the inability of the government to do that. See the graph for a refresher on how that's worked out so far.

Wow now you are a real smart one. It was a midterm election there bud. Clinton was not running for re-election.

He was campaigning against the congressional Republicans who Wrote the contract in an attempt to stop them from taking Control of Congress.

How did that work out?

Maybe you need to look at yourself before you go off half cocked accusing people of not being honest.

It worked out with Gingrich and his party stopping the gov't, remember? Blaming Clinton for 12 years of Reaganomics....yeah, they got back Congressional/Senate seats...and STILL got their butts whupped by the Slickster pushing through his policies DESPITE the bogus investigation by Starr. Gingrich got the boot. Mind you, the Slickster greased both sides of the political fence....but the Contract ON America saw its fruition, and subsequently screwed America royally.

Never condescend to someone when you only see one side of the issue or history, Charles....makes you look foolish.

lol what ever.

The point is in those mid terms. When Clinton was trying to stop the Republicans from taking power. Calling it the Contract ON America. Did not work out so well.

The POINT, Charles, was that what I stated was dead on target. But rather than just acknowledge that point, you do the very thing you swear you're not part of....which is the neocon shuffle of ingnoring the details and just hyping the end result. That way, you can NEVER be wrong with such a myopic viewpoint.

That's nothing to laugh at, Chuck...that's just pathetic.

Democrats will be punished for not cleaning up the Republicans mess fast enough.

Which is somewhat short sighted.....the monumental dump that the Shrub and company left for Obama to clean up surely wasn't going to be cleared up in a year. Mind you, there is anger over him NOT taken decisive, confrontational actions when he could have, but let's be real....the alternative is far worse. Personally, I'd like to see all this angst thrown into a viable third party....not some liberal equivalent of the Koch/Armey astroturf nonsense like the Tea Party.

2hgekye.gif

Tell me about it....but is that read "reality" line someones insert to the actual report. Bottom line, the tsunami that the Shrub and company started was just hitting the shores during the 2008 election....how the hell people think that was going to be magically stopped...especially with the Party of No resolute in their opposition...is beyond me.

Last edited:
Democrats will be punished for not cleaning up the Republicans mess fast enough.

2hgekye.gif

And your point is? Yeah, Obama got blind sided on how fucked up our economy was, so did Clinton. His predictions are the point. The fact that he turned us away from the abyss is the point that you ought to consider.

2hgekye.gif

And your point is? Yeah, Obama got blind sided on how fucked up our economy was, so did Clinton. His predictions are the point. The fact that he turned us away from the abyss is the point that you ought to consider.
ROFLMAO

i called this back before the election in 2008
too fuckin funny

2hgekye.gif

ROFLMAO

too fuckin funny

Good call, since Bush's daddy understated the deep shithole we were in in 1992, it makes sense that his lying son would do the same.

ROFLMAO

too fuckin funny

Good call, since Bush's daddy understated the deep shithole we were in in 1992, it makes sense that his lying son would do the same.
no, not that it actually IS worse than what they were told, but that YOU guys would make that claim when your polices FAILED

and here you are, doing it
:lol:

What's become more and more painfully apparent is the GOP's hypocrisy in wailing against the Dems and Obama as trying to destroy private industry and American job growth while ACTIVELY defending corporations that out source to foreign nations. Check this out:

Rep. Brady Acknowledges GOP Not Heeding ‘America Speaking Out,’ Will Ignore 2nd Most Popular Idea (Updated)

Today, Republicans will discuss their “Pledge to America,” the political agenda they plan to campaign on as they attempt to take control over the House of Representatives. The agenda is supposedly the culmination of a project GOP lawmakers launched — America Speaking Out — which was designed to give the public a virtual platform to submit ideas and then vote on them. As the Wonk Room’s Pat Garofalo reported last week, the second most popular item on the “job creation” section of America Speaking out was the user-submitted idea to “Stop the outsourcing of jobs from America to other countries that do not pay taxes into the U.S. and stop the tax breaks that are given to these companies that are outsourcing.”

For more, click on:

Think Progress Rep. Brady Acknowledges GOP Not Heeding ‘America Speaking Out,’ Will Ignore 2nd Most Popular Idea (Updated)

Think Progress! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All Democrats can do is attack, smear, attack, smear!

You know why?

Because they can't give us a reason to vote for them.

How can they? What do they have? A stimulus that failed? A healthcare law no one wants?

I mean what positives can they point to as reasons to vote for them.

So, all they can do is attack the Contract with American with the same old fear politics they have used since I was three years old.

They will take your social security. They will take your welfare. They will take the food out of your kids mouths. Blah blah blah.

Don't expect this to get any better. They are going to get more shrill and hysteria, the closer November comes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It worked out with Gingrich and his party stopping the gov't, remember? Blaming Clinton for 12 years of Reaganomics....yeah, they got back Congressional/Senate seats...and STILL got their butts whupped by the Slickster pushing through his policies DESPITE the bogus investigation by Starr. Gingrich got the boot. Mind you, the Slickster greased both sides of the political fence....but the Contract ON America saw its fruition, and subsequently screwed America royally.

Never condescend to someone when you only see one side of the issue or history, Charles....makes you look foolish.

lol what ever.

The point is in those mid terms. When Clinton was trying to stop the Republicans from taking power. Calling it the Contract ON America. Did not work out so well.

The POINT, Charles, was that what I stated was dead on target. But rather than just acknowledge that point, you do the very thing you swear you're not part of....which is the neocon shuffle of ingnoring the details and just hyping the end result. That way, you can NEVER be wrong with such a myopic viewpoint.

No what happened is I stated that Clintons attempts to stop the GOP take over by calling it the contract ON America Failed.

And you responded by pointing out he won his re-election 2 years later.

And ever since you have been covering for the fact that you fucked up.

It's ok you don't have to admit it.

Everyone saw :)

2hgekye.gif

What exactly did Obama do before June 2009 to "turn us back from the abyss" that he missed?

What's become more and more painfully apparent is the GOP's hypocrisy in wailing against the Dems and Obama as trying to destroy private industry and American job growth while ACTIVELY defending corporations that out source to foreign nations. Check this out:

Rep. Brady Acknowledges GOP Not Heeding ‘America Speaking Out,’ Will Ignore 2nd Most Popular Idea (Updated)

Today, Republicans will discuss their “Pledge to America,” the political agenda they plan to campaign on as they attempt to take control over the House of Representatives. The agenda is supposedly the culmination of a project GOP lawmakers launched — America Speaking Out — which was designed to give the public a virtual platform to submit ideas and then vote on them. As the Wonk Room’s Pat Garofalo reported last week, the second most popular item on the “job creation” section of America Speaking out was the user-submitted idea to “Stop the outsourcing of jobs from America to other countries that do not pay taxes into the U.S. and stop the tax breaks that are given to these companies that are outsourcing.”

For more, click on:

Think Progress Rep. Brady Acknowledges GOP Not Heeding ‘America Speaking Out,’ Will Ignore 2nd Most Popular Idea (Updated)

Think Progress! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All Democrats can do is attack, smear, attack, smear!

You know why?

Because they can't give us a reason to vote for them.

How can they? What do they have? A stimulus that failed? A healthcare law no one wants?

I mean what positives can they point to as reasons to vote for them.

So, all they can do is attack the Contract with American with the same old fear politics they have used since I was three years old.

They will take your social security. They will take your welfare. They will take the food out of your kids mouths. Blah blah blah.

Don't expect this to get any better. They are going to get more shrill and hysteria, the closer November comes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're not too bright, are you chuckles?

The post merely QUOTES one of the GOP's people as he expresses the same hypocrisy which I point out.

The people YOU blindly support and defend are out sourcing YOUR FELLOW AMERICAN'S JOBS and then want YOU to pay for the costs of doing so.

That's the reality, my dimwitted neocon samuari....the GOP screws you and you defend them for it. IN THEIR OWN WORDS. All Think Progress did was REPORT on the issue.

But the truth was too much for your willfully ignorant mindset, as witnessed by your babbling here....(by the by, the "stimulus" was started by your Lord the Shrub....I daresay your little brain would explode before you criticize him and the very minions that are STILL carrying on that legacy in Congress). So if you got a problem, blame the idiots YOU support...it's their own words.

Laugh that one off, chuckles.

lol what ever.

No what happened is I stated that Clintons attempts to stop the GOP take over by calling it the contract ON America Failed.

Actually Chuck, the GOP "takeover" only happened AFTER Clinton left office, because it was under the Shrub that all three branches of gov't was under GOP rule. A little technicality that you overlook with your myopia. Combine that with what I previously stated, and your "point" is just part of a story.

And you responded by pointing out he won his re-election 2 years later. Not quite, as the chronology of the posts shows. I just filled in the blanks that YOU left out, which kind of takes the winds out of your sails.

Chuck, grow the fuck up, will ya? The chronology of the post does NOT support your delusion. Damn man, just deal with not being 100% right....it won't kill ya.

Actually Chuck, the GOP "takeover" only happened AFTER Clinton left office, because it was under the Shrub that all three branches of gov't was under GOP rule. A little technicality that you overlook with your myopia. Combine that with what I previously stated, and your "point" is just part of a story.

And you responded by pointing out he won his re-election 2 years later. Not quite, as the chronology of the posts shows. I just filled in the blanks that YOU left out, which kind of takes the winds out of your sails.

Chuck, grow the fuck up, will ya? The chronology of the post does NOT support your delusion. Damn man, just deal with not being 100% right....it won't kill ya.
wow, you are too fucking pathetic

Perhaps there is the problem, the inability of the government to do that. See the graph for a refresher on how that's worked out so far.
Governments influence in turning around the economy is always limited.
We are now at or near a 0% Fed interest rate so we can't lower interest rates any further.

We are at historically low tax rates. Lowering rates would have very questionable benefits particular with the the high debt to GDP ratio.

Government spending (stimulus) is the only viable option. It is not a long term solution but it does create jobs and give the economy a chance to recover.

The often touted Republican solution of reducing government spending and cutting taxes will not work. Reduction in government sending reduces employment and consumption. Tax cuts have limited effect on investment when rates are so low.

Governments influence in turning around the economy is always limited.
We are now at or near a 0% Fed interest rate so we can't lower interest rates any further.

We are at historically low tax rates. Lowering rates would have very questionable benefits particular with the the high debt to GDP ratio.

Government spending (stimulus) is the only viable option. It is not a long term solution but it does create jobs and give the economy a chance to recover.

The often touted Republican solution of reducing government spending and cutting taxes will not work. Reduction in government sending reduces employment and consumption. Tax cuts have limited effect on investment when rates are so low.

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners. Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth. There is too much regulation and not enough oversight.

The fiscal liberal side leans toward having the government do more. That hasn't worked out so well. Time will tell if we ever get to see the results of the fiscal conservative side which leans toward having the government do less.

Forum List

Back