A new Contract "ON" America?

What's become more and more painfully apparent is the GOP's hypocrisy in wailing against the Dems and Obama as trying to destroy private industry and American job growth while ACTIVELY defending corporations that out source to foreign nations. Check this out:

Rep. Brady Acknowledges GOP Not Heeding ‘America Speaking Out,’ Will Ignore 2nd Most Popular Idea (Updated)

Today, Republicans will discuss their “Pledge to America,” the political agenda they plan to campaign on as they attempt to take control over the House of Representatives. The agenda is supposedly the culmination of a project GOP lawmakers launched — America Speaking Out — which was designed to give the public a virtual platform to submit ideas and then vote on them. As the Wonk Room’s Pat Garofalo reported last week, the second most popular item on the “job creation” section of America Speaking out was the user-submitted idea to “Stop the outsourcing of jobs from America to other countries that do not pay taxes into the U.S. and stop the tax breaks that are given to these companies that are outsourcing.”

For more, click on:

Think Progress Rep. Brady Acknowledges GOP Not Heeding ‘America Speaking Out,’ Will Ignore 2nd Most Popular Idea (Updated)

Calling it the Contract on America did not work when Clinton used it, and it wont work now.

Get some new material

The Slickster go re-elected, Charlie Boy....and left with an approval rating HIGHER than the Shrub had for the majority of his two terms.

Why don't you try dealing honestly with the material presented instead of bluffing and blustering?

Wow now you are a real smart one. It was a midterm election there bud. Clinton was not running for re-election.

He was campaigning against the congressional Republicans who Wrote the contract in an attempt to stop them from taking Control of Congress.

How did that work out?

Maybe you need to look at yourself before you go off half cocked accusing people of not being honest.

Last edited:
wrong again
they will be punished for making it WORSE

At least you admit the Republicans made a mess.

Yep, They made a mess by not governing like Conservatives.

Cutting taxes and then increasing spending. Is not a conservative thing to do.

Getting us into wars that actually make us less safe. Is not a conservative thing to do.

Expanding an already over burdened Medicare program. is not a conservative thing to do.

About the only thing they acted like conservatives on, were the social Issues. Which I am more of a liberal on. Which really pissed me off.

Why do you think they're called "new conservatives" or "neocons". They're not your father's conservatives, to be sure.

And yet, people are defending them to the death.....as some here are defending American corporations outsourcing jobs for products sold here. Weird, ain't it?

At least you admit the Republicans made a mess.

Getting us into wars that actually make us less safe. Is not a conservative thing to do.

Expanding an already over burdened Medicare program. is not a conservative thing to do.

About the only thing they acted like conservatives on, were the social Issues. Which I am more of a liberal on. Which really pissed me off.

Why do you think they're called "new conservatives" or "neocons". They're not your father's conservatives, to be sure.

And yet, people are defending them to the death.....as some here are defending American corporations outsourcing jobs for products sold here. Weird, ain't it?

Who? Fuck man, I sure am not defending him, or them. I want real conservatives, as you say, my fathers conservatives.

So tell us diver, what is a "necon?"

You tell us, the left invented the term.

Neo Simply means New if you look it up.

Exactly, a new conservative philosophy.

Isn't it amazing how some on these boards will defend to the death the policies of the current neocon driven GOP, yet turn around and condemn 8 years of the Shrub as not "true conservatives"...as if the current GOP isn't the EXACT same BS from those 8 years?

Then they swear that "neocon" is not a real term for their professed (albeit schizoid) loyalty... as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

But as the opening posts here shows, our resident GOP apologist and neocon parrots just bend over and say, "thank you sir may I have another".

Exactly, a new conservative philosophy.

Isn't it amazing how some on these boards will defend to the death the policies of the current neocon driven GOP, yet turn around and condemn 8 years of the Shrub as not "true conservatives"...as if the current GOP isn't the EXACT same BS from those 8 years?

Maybe that is why the Tea Party is so popular?

Just saying.

Who? Fuck man, I sure am not defending him, or them. I want real conservatives, as you say, my fathers conservatives.

Who? Just READ the thread, my good man. And if you are true to what you say here, then will you now state in no uncertain terms that the opening post on this thread displays GOP policy that you are AGAINST?

Who? Just READ the thread, my good man. And if you are true to what you say here, then will you now state in no uncertain terms that the opening post on this thread displays GOP policy that you are AGAINST?

Um no, It shows that one asshole republican is against part of it.

I don't see where it says he speaks for the whole group.

However I have already said this pledge looks like just words to me, Words from the establishment republicans desperately trying to counter the popularity of the Tea Party.

I am no longer a Republican by the way. Bush and his congress saw to that. Though being a conservative you can see how I will not be running to the Dems anytime soon either.

Currently I am partyless. The Tea Party talks about stuff I want to hear, but I am skeptical at best.

Calling it the Contract on America did not work when Clinton used it, and it wont work now.

Get some new material

The Slickster go re-elected, Charlie Boy....and left with an approval rating HIGHER than the Shrub had for the majority of his two terms.

Why don't you try dealing honestly with the material presented instead of bluffing and blustering?

Wow now you are a real smart one. It was a midterm election there bud. Clinton was not running for re-election.

He was campaigning against the congressional Republicans who Wrote the contract in an attempt to stop them from taking Control of Congress.

How did that work out?

Maybe you need to look at yourself before you go off half cocked accusing people of not being honest.

It worked out with Gingrich and his party stopping the gov't, remember? Blaming Clinton for 12 years of Reaganomics....yeah, they got back Congressional/Senate seats...and STILL got their butts whupped by the Slickster pushing through his policies DESPITE the bogus investigation by Starr. Gingrich got the boot. Mind you, the Slickster greased both sides of the political fence....but the Contract ON America saw its fruition, and subsequently screwed America royally.

Never condescend to someone when you only see one side of the issue or history, Charles....makes you look foolish.

How did that work out?

It worked out with Gingrich and his party stopping the gov't, remember? Blaming Clinton for 12 years of Reaganomics....yeah, they got back Congressional/Senate seats...and STILL got their butts whupped by the Slickster pushing through his policies DESPITE the bogus investigation by Starr. Gingrich got the boot. Mind you, the Slickster greased both sides of the political fence....but the Contract ON America saw its fruition, and subsequently screwed America royally.

Never condescend to someone when you only see one side of the issue or history, Charles....makes you look foolish.

lol what ever.

The point is in those mid terms. When Clinton was trying to stop the Republicans from taking power. Calling it the Contract ON America. Did not work out so well.

Democrats will be punished for not cleaning up the Republicans mess fast enough.

Which is somewhat short sighted.....the monumental dump that the Shrub and company left for Obama to clean up surely wasn't going to be cleared up in a year. Mind you, there is anger over him NOT taken decisive, confrontational actions when he could have, but let's be real....the alternative is far worse. Personally, I'd like to see all this angst thrown into a viable third party....not some liberal equivalent of the Koch/Armey astroturf nonsense like the Tea Party.

How quickly Obama supporters forget:

2hgekye.gif

Seems to me the Council of Economic Advisors thought differently.

Um no, It shows that one asshole republican is against part of it.

I don't see where it says he speaks for the whole group.

However I have already said this pledge looks like just words to me, Words from the establishment republicans desperately trying to counter the popularity of the Tea Party.

I am no longer a Republican by the way. Bush and his congress saw to that. Though being a conservative you can see how I will not be running to the Dems anytime soon either.

Currently I am partyless. The Tea Party talks about stuff I want to hear, but I am skeptical at best.

Go back and READ the article, Chuck. The "asshole" is commenting on what is going on with the Party that has ALREADY introduced it's new Contract or Pledge...and he comments what they (HIS PARTY) is NOT willing to do.

Yes, the Pledge is empty rhetoric.....but if you do a little more reading (the article's inserted links) and some personal research, you'll see that what I'm saying here rings true.

As an Independent, I share your pain...because I didn't vote for Slick Willy's 2nd term. But I sure as hell can't truck with anyone who supports the lies and BS of the Shrub legacy...hopefully, we will find common ground. Good night.

The lying liars are caught again.

The Republican “Pledge to America,” released Sept. 23, contains some dubious factual claims:

* It declares that “the only parts of the economy expanding are government and our national debt.” Not true. So far this year government employment has declined slightly, while private sector employment has increased by 763,000 jobs.
* It says that “jobless claims continue to soar,” when in fact they are down eight percent from their worst levels.
* It repeats a bogus assertion that the Internal Revenue Service may need to expand by 16,500 positions, an inflated estimate based on false assumptions and guesswork.
* It claims the stimulus bill is costing $1 trillion, considerably more than the $814 billion, 10-year price tag currently estimated by nonpartisan congressional budget experts.
* It says Obama’s tax proposals would raise taxes on “roughly half the small business income in America,” an exaggeration. Much of the income the GOP is counting actually comes from big businesses making over $50 million a year.

So tell us diver, what is a "necon?"

actually, they didnt
it was a group of fiscal conservative dems that got sick of the far left trend of the dems and switched over to republicans

what these morons dont get is they are far more like THEY are than any conservative
it is also a side note than many of them were also Jewish with strong national defense status

Scoop Jackson was not a fiscal conservative, he was a Keynesian. He got fed up with the pacifism of the Democrats under Carter.

actually, they didnt
it was a group of fiscal conservative dems that got sick of the far left trend of the dems and switched over to republicans

what these morons dont get is they are far more like THEY are than any conservative
it is also a side note than many of them were also Jewish with strong national defense status

Scoop Jackson was not a fiscal conservative, he was a Keynesian. He got fed up with the pacifism of the Democrats under Carter.
true
not all were fiscal conservatives

The Republican “Pledge to America,” released Sept. 23, contains some dubious factual claims:

* It declares that “the only parts of the economy expanding are government and our national debt.” Not true. So far this year government employment has declined slightly, while private sector employment has increased by 763,000 jobs.
* It says that “jobless claims continue to soar,” when in fact they are down eight percent from their worst levels.
* It repeats a bogus assertion that the Internal Revenue Service may need to expand by 16,500 positions, an inflated estimate based on false assumptions and guesswork.
* It claims the stimulus bill is costing $1 trillion, considerably more than the $814 billion, 10-year price tag currently estimated by nonpartisan congressional budget experts.
* It says Obama’s tax proposals would raise taxes on “roughly half the small business income in America,” an exaggeration. Much of the income the GOP is counting actually comes from big businesses making over $50 million a year.
why did you have to title your link different than what the web page said
because your editing was dishonest as well

why did you have to title your link different than what the web page said
because your editing was dishonest as well

Dishonest? The article shows that the GOP is knowingly lying in their Pledge document. My choice of title was more honest.

Democrats will be punished for not cleaning up the Republicans mess fast enough.

Which is somewhat short sighted.....the monumental dump that the Shrub and company left for Obama to clean up surely wasn't going to be cleared up in a year. Mind you, there is anger over him NOT taken decisive, confrontational actions when he could have, but let's be real....the alternative is far worse. Personally, I'd like to see all this angst thrown into a viable third party....not some liberal equivalent of the Koch/Armey astroturf nonsense like the Tea Party.

How quickly Obama supporters forget:

2hgekye.gif

Seems to me the Council of Economic Advisors thought differently.
Republicans say they know what shouldn't have been done to turn the economy around.
Shouldn't have bailed out Wall street
Shouldn't have bailed out GM
Shouldn't have passed Financial Reform
Shouldn't have passed the stimulus bill
Shouldn't have passed the small business jobs bill
Funny thing, you never hear them say what they would have done to turn the economy around.

Forum List

Back