A new Contract "ON" America?

Historically low? We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world!

And if government spending is the only "viable option" then explain why the stimulus failed so badly?

You guys can talk theory economics all day long, but the reality on the ground is why people are laughing at you.

This is as pathetic as the economists saying the recession is already over.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
US corporate taxes favor small business ,15% rate with top rates of 39% while foreign countries tend to favor large business.
Tax rates around the world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, the stimulus is doing exactly what it was designed to do. It is creating jobs. A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September. Jobs are being created but jobs are still being lost.
CBO finds 3.7M jobs created by stimulus - The Hill's On The Money

What our insipidly stubborn neocon GOP supporters fail to realize is that the Shrub's Bail out for the banks is what threw this country into the monetary abyss by being aimed ONLY at the banks and Wall St. WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY....with the insane notion that Reaganomics would right everything. Obama's stimulus, however flawed, is aimed at directly restoring jobs to the small business man and our job producing industry.

Big difference....as the auto industry will tell you.

Mind you, Obama and company cower at the thought of ending the unfair trade situation with China...but they did try to at least stop the outsourcing of jobs (no thanks to the GOP and 4 Bluedog/BS Democratic Senators. But somehow I believer our neocon parrots will just keep voting against their interest.

So, giving the stock holders the finger and putting the unions that bankrupted the auto industry in charge is better????????

Only a liberal would think that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here are the major flaws in your analogy:

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners.

Have you ever heard of corporate welfare? Or do you realize that YOU are picking up the bill whenever a company or corporation out sources to a foreign nation via tax breaks for those companies? That's just for starters, but it's a indicator of how the "winners" didn't quite make it on their own.

I think you misunderstood my point.

Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth.

We've already seen the effects of deregulation....that led to the S&L scandal, Enron, and the Wall St. debacle that has put us and the world economy in a spin.

And more regulation is keeping it there. Perhaps your false choice is a bit more complicated.

How is regulating against the repeat of the nonsense that occured under deregulation "keeping it there"? What you are saying just doesn't make sense.

You ignore that a great part of the problem happened BECAUSE of government regulation NOT deregulation in the form of the government demanding banks give subprime loans.

That' was CARTER AND CLINTON'S BABY.

It was government that required these subprime loans, not the banks.

Bush warned us in 2003 about the mess that was coming from Fannie and Freddie.

What did the Democrats do? Insist there was nothing wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs]YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis[/ame]

And the government interfering more is the answer?

Only a liberal would think that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mind you, Obama and company cower at the thought of ending the unfair trade situation with China...but they did try to at least stop the outsourcing of jobs (no thanks to the GOP and 4 Bluedog/BS Democratic Senators. But somehow I believer our neocon parrots will just keep voting against their interest.

Hypocrisy, thy name is politics.

From what I have been reading AND hearing from real life, up close and personal business owners, Obama policies, if implemented, threated to create a stampede of American businesses seeking to take refuge anywhere but here in the USA.

Just one example:

By JEANNE CUMMINGS | 9/28/10 4:30 AM EDT
On the campaign trail, President Barack Obama elicits cheers when he rails against tax loopholes that he says benefit foreign companies that have operations in this country. It’s a sound bite that seems eminently fair to average voters, particularly those suffering through today’s tough economic times.

But representatives of some of those firms are coming to Washington on Tuesday for a series of quiet meetings at the White House and on Capitol Hill to offer a counterargument — that the combination of tough presidential rhetoric and draconian administration policy could drive their firms away and, with them, thousands of jobs that the economy desperately needs if there is going to be a real recovery.

A recently released survey of chief financial officers who work for U.S. subsidiaries of foreign-owned firms found that nearly half — 49 percent — plan to increase U.S. employment in the next 18 months. Those companies — including Anheuser-Busch InBev, Honda, Food Lion and Nestle — already employ 5.5 million Americans.

However, 72 percent of the CFOs also said that the environment for their companies to do business here is quickly deteriorating, largely because of proposed tax and trade policies. If that trend continues, it could prompt their corporate leadership to take future plants, offices and jobs to China, Brazil or a host of other nations.

“Over the last year, there has been some anti-foreign rhetoric that has painted these companies that employ millions of Americans with a foreign brush,” said Nancy McLernon, president of the Organization for International Investment, a trade group for the U.S. subsidiaries.

“If you look through the lens of the 1950s, they might be considered that. But looking through the lens of 2010, they are American companies that do the very same activities that would be used to define an American company,” she added.

The blurry lines of the global economy are on display even at the White House, which has delivered some of the sharpest barbs toward these firms, even as it doled out generous government grants to some of them for boosting the alternative energy sector.

Read more: Foreign firms: Quit bashing us - Jeanne Cummings - POLITICO.com

The Obama administration has been quite friendly to huge corporations like GE who stand to make billions (mostly off shore of course) if Obama's proposed policies are adopted. But he has been the most business hostile President in my memory and that is one of the reasons we are having a mostly jobless 'recovery'.

Partisan blinders can be a strange animal creating strange alliances. But don't think the Obama administration has stopped outsourcing in any way, shape, or form.

That's a pretty good smokescreen in that article, Foxy....but fan it a bit:

The gist is that American based corporations (ones mentioned) are screwed because Obama would threaten their overseas operations which would in turn wreck their ability to maintain their domestic employment.

And THAT is total bullshit...because what the Obama plan would do is just remove the tax breaks that these folk get for outsourcing.....meaning that YOU and I wouldn't have to foot the bill for AnheuserBusch to set shop in South America for the cheaper labor cost. Remember, the article list 5 of the biggest corporations in the country...it doesn't list all the ousourced jobs that would come back to America. Figure a hefty addition to the 100,000 jobs per state by the article....and remember, you have to take into account all the layoffs in the last 10 years by folks like IBM, etc. If not, the country (you and I) get back that tax revenue.

Also, how can Obama favor GE while doing in other corporations at the same time? You'll have to explain that one to me.

And then Obama would raise the corporate tax, and capital gains tax rate starting 2011.

OH YEAH, that will keep those eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations from setting up shop elsewhere!

Idiots!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Democrats are probably not going to extend the Bush tax policy which will result in a huge tax increase on all of us come January 1.

The Democrats are proposing $418 BILLION more in stimulus spending to be voted during the lame duck session after the election.

The Obama Administration has virtually destroyed the oil industry in the Gulf if he does not rescind his no off shore drilling policy soon because all those rigs will be going to other countries who will be drilling the waters he is forbidding our oil companies to drill in.

The scuttlebutt, which is being agreed upon by some credible people, is that he also intends to shut down the Alaska pipeline as any radical environmentalist would, thus scuttling the oil industry there.

All of this plus the unsustainable healthcare overhall and the proposed Cap & Trade legislation that he is still committed to get through will create the most business unfriendly climate that exists anywhere in the world except for the very few mega corporations who stand to benefit from much of this.

And there are still idiots who are blaming President Bush for the lack of jobs and a slow recovery. Unbelievable.

The Conract with America will correct all or most of the above IF we can get enough decent people into Washington to get it done.

The ONLY Contract "ON" America is what the Democrats, the PROGRESSIVES and their policies have been doing to the Constitution, and the nation.

We see their crap all around us...the economy is their doing.

There's NOTHING left to say...on any level.

Just look at Obama...he is the PINNACLE of what they plan to do...his effects/Affect is everywhere.

You idiots that vote Democrat?

You sew your own demise, and that of your families. Liberty with responsibility isn't what they're about...it's of Slavery.

Democrats/Progressives have been waging WAR against you ALL for decades...time you all woke the hell up...Obama is the pinnacle of your demise if you seek to follow him.

Just look at the damage, and his mignions in the form of Reid/Pelosi have done for you?

It isn't Republicans...SURELY not Conservatives...whom follow the Constitution...The Constitution was designed to prohibit what we are in now...

GUESS who dunnit?

Notice, folks...that "T" just spews a lot of empty tea bagger rhetoric that has little basis in reality.

Only a person who is totally ignorant of the events of the last 25 years would blame the current economic crisis on Obama.....unless they were oblivious to Reagan Bush, Clinton and Bush.

"T" doesnt' DARE address the content of the opening post on this thread...as the very words of a GOP rep admitting Profit is preferable over American jobs would make his/her head explode! So instead "T" just spews tired and long disproved tea bagger rhetoric..and will continue to do so while avoiding the actions of the party he/she holds most dear, as they screw her bretheren out of house and home.

Hypocrisy, thy name is politics.

From what I have been reading AND hearing from real life, up close and personal business owners, Obama policies, if implemented, threated to create a stampede of American businesses seeking to take refuge anywhere but here in the USA.

Just one example:

The Obama administration has been quite friendly to huge corporations like GE who stand to make billions (mostly off shore of course) if Obama's proposed policies are adopted. But he has been the most business hostile President in my memory and that is one of the reasons we are having a mostly jobless 'recovery'.

Partisan blinders can be a strange animal creating strange alliances. But don't think the Obama administration has stopped outsourcing in any way, shape, or form.

That's a pretty good smokescreen in that article, Foxy....but fan it a bit:

The gist is that American based corporations (ones mentioned) are screwed because Obama would threaten their overseas operations which would in turn wreck their ability to maintain their domestic employment.

And THAT is total bullshit...because what the Obama plan would do is just remove the tax breaks that these folk get for outsourcing.....meaning that YOU and I wouldn't have to foot the bill for AnheuserBusch to set shop in South America for the cheaper labor cost. Remember, the article list 5 of the biggest corporations in the country...it doesn't list all the ousourced jobs that would come back to America. Figure a hefty addition to the 100,000 jobs per state by the article....and remember, you have to take into account all the layoffs in the last 10 years by folks like IBM, etc. If not, the country (you and I) get back that tax revenue.

Also, how can Obama favor GE while doing in other corporations at the same time? You'll have to explain that one to me.

You obviously didn't read all of my post and you definitely got a different 'gist' from the article than I did. Start with accurately representing what I said and what the article said, and then I'll be happy to address any questions you might have.

Oh I read it all quite well, Foxy....it's YOU who doesn't comprehend what I wrote. My criticism of the article raises a logical point, and my question to your statement stands. If you choose not to answer, that's your business....won't make the question go away.

The Democrats are probably not going to extend the Bush tax policy which will result in a huge tax increase on all of us come January 1.

The proposal to stop the Bush tax breaks for outsourcing corporations was shot down by the Senate GOP and 4 Dems.

The Democrats are proposing $418 BILLION more in stimulus spending to be voted during the lame duck session after the election.

Damn well better, because the Party of NO is blocking any and everything in order to maintain the perception of failure by the Obama administration. The devil is in the details, and it's what's the GOP is blocking is REAL interesting should the voters know of it.

The Obama Administration has virtually destroyed the oil industry in the Gulf if he does not rescind his no off shore drilling policy soon because all those rigs will be going to other countries who will be drilling the waters he is forbidding our oil companies to drill in.

Pure oil company bullshit.......the most recent profit margins for BP alone hardly qualify them to go into panic mode. Do some honest research into the recent profit margins of all the major oil companies operating off shore rigs in the Gulf......they're not going anywhere, and all this bullshit will just result in the usual cutting of personal because the PROJECTED profit margin isn't going to be met....as opposed the actual profit margin, which will be substantial like last year.

The scuttlebutt, which is being agreed upon by some credible people, is that he also intends to shut down the Alaska pipeline as any radical environmentalist would, thus scuttling the oil industry there.

Yeah, and that's all it is....scuttlebutt.

All of this plus the unsustainable healthcare overhall and the proposed Cap & Trade legislation that he is still committed to get through will create the most business unfriendly climate that exists anywhere in the world except for the very few mega corporations who stand to benefit from much of this.

Spare us the neocon GOP driven rhetoric about "unsustaniable" healthcare when the insurance companies will be getting ADDITIONAL customers. "Cap and Trade" is not like by anyone because it essentially does NOT address the issue of industrial pollution in terms of across the board reduction. And to suddenly say it's business unfriendly when it was large corporations that are the cornerstone of the anti-obama wail is just ludicrous.

And there are still idiots who are blaming President Bush for the lack of jobs and a slow recovery. Unbelievable.

What's "unbelievable" are the fucking bullshit artists who REFUSED to acknowledge the culmination of the economic debacle under the Shrub that culminated when Obama took office. Then the Party of NO votes against and threatens to filibuster every blessed proposal Obama puts forth....even the ones THEY created and Obama wanted to use! But hey, Obama didn't wave a wand and put everyone back to work in one year, so it's all HIS fault! Unbelievable, indeed!

The Conract with America will correct all or most of the above IF we can get enough decent people into Washington to get it done.

Only a fool would agree to a continued process that rewards American corporations for outsourcing by paying for it with OUR tax dollars.

Give me a fucking break, Foxy...another Contract on America is what the GOP is offering...and die hard neocon GOP supporters/Obama haters/2008 sore losers are just bending over the chair with a grin on their face and an excuse on their lips. Pathetic.

Here are the major flaws in your analogy:

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners.

Have you ever heard of corporate welfare? Or do you realize that YOU are picking up the bill whenever a company or corporation out sources to a foreign nation via tax breaks for those companies? That's just for starters, but it's a indicator of how the "winners" didn't quite make it on their own.

Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth.

We've already seen the effects of deregulation....that led to the S&L scandal, Enron, and the Wall St. debacle that has put us and the world economy in a spin.

And more regulation is keeping it there. Perhaps your false choice is a bit more complicated.

How is regulating against the repeat of the nonsense that occured under deregulation "keeping it there"? What you are saying just doesn't make sense.

Because the regulation is neither stopping the nonsense (think Sarbanes-Oxley and fraud) nor providing a business friendly environment. It's stifling growth.

The issue this year is listening to the people and being responsive to their wants.

Just like in 94, the issue is Democratic deafness.

Just like in 94, the Republicans are saying "We hear you, and we will be better." they did make some good changes.
Yeah....their volume is deafening..... :rolleyes:

"A week after House Republican leaders gathered at a lumberyard in Sterling to announce their "Pledge to America," one of the party's prized recruits stopped at a business about 150 miles away to make a campaign pitch about taxes, regulation and the government's role.

For all the fanfare and publicity that accompanied the pledge's release, relatively few Republican candidates nationwide appear to be adopting it as a guiding vision, much less incorporating it into their campaigns."

John-Boehner-drunk.jpg

"Duhhhhhhhhhhhh...."

"The Times’s Eric Lipton, in an article last month, noted that Mr. Boehner “maintains especially tight ties with a circle of lobbyists and former aides representing some of the nation’s biggest businesses, including Goldman Sachs, Google, Citigroup, R.J. Reynolds, MillerCoors and UPS.

“They have contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to his campaigns, provided him with rides on their corporate jets, socialized with him at luxury golf resorts and waterfront bashes and are now leading fund-raising efforts for his Boehner for Speaker campaign, which is soliciting checks of up to $37,800 each, the maximum allowed.”

The hack who once handed out checks on the House floor is now a coddled, gilded flunky of the nation’s big-time corporate elite."

"Congressional Democrats and the White House are toying with different ways to force BP to cover the costs of damages from the Gulf oil spill. But they face stiff opposition from indu$try...and it seems leading Republicans. In response to a question from TPMDC, House Minority Leader John Boehner said he believes taxpayers should help pick up the tab for the clean up.

"I think the people responsible in the oil spill--BP and the federal government--should take full responsibility for what's happening there," Boehner said at his weekly press conference this morning.

Boehner's statement followed comments last Friday by US Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue who said he opposes efforts to stick BP, a member of the Chamber, with the bill. "It is generally not the practice of this country to change the laws after the game," he said. "Everybody is going to contribute to this clean up. We are all going to have to do it. We are going to have to get the money from the government and from the companies and we will figure out a way to do that."

pbr_boehner.jpg

The ONLY Contract "ON" America is what the Democrats, the PROGRESSIVES and their policies have been doing to the Constitution, and the nation.

We see their crap all around us...the economy is their doing.

There's NOTHING left to say...on any level.

Just look at Obama...he is the PINNACLE of what they plan to do...his effects/Affect is everywhere.

You idiots that vote Democrat?

You sew your own demise, and that of your families. Liberty with responsibility isn't what they're about...it's of Slavery.

Democrats/Progressives have been waging WAR against you ALL for decades...time you all woke the hell up...Obama is the pinnacle of your demise if you seek to follow him.

Just look at the damage, and his mignions in the form of Reid/Pelosi have done for you?

It isn't Republicans...SURELY not Conservatives...whom follow the Constitution...The Constitution was designed to prohibit what we are in now...

GUESS who dunnit?

Notice, folks...that "T" just spews a lot of empty tea bagger rhetoric that has little basis in reality.

Only a person who is totally ignorant of the events of the last 25 years would blame the current economic crisis on Obama.....unless they were oblivious to Reagan Bush, Clinton and Bush.

"T" doesnt' DARE address the content of the opening post on this thread...as the very words of a GOP rep admitting Profit is preferable over American jobs would make his/her head explode! So instead "T" just spews tired and long disproved tea bagger rhetoric..and will continue to do so while avoiding the actions of the party he/she holds most dear, as they screw her bretheren out of house and home.

Oh why don't we look at how things were going for the last 30 years shall we???????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let's start with budget deficits

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP in United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local

And now let's look at unemployment:

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

Now look at where BOTH UNEMPLOYMENT AND DEFICITS ARE HIGH.

Oh yeah, THAT'S UNDER OBAMA!!!!!!!!!

The only way you can tell us we were worse off under Reagan than we are now, IS TO BE SO DAMN YOUNG AND STUPID, REAGAN WAS BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!

Those of us that not only live through Reagan, but were old enough to VOTE FOR HIM, know better.

Now you want to try again?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The proposal to stop the Bush tax breaks for outsourcing corporations was shot down by the Senate GOP and 4 Dems.

Damn well better, because the Party of NO is blocking any and everything in order to maintain the perception of failure by the Obama administration. The devil is in the details, and it's what's the GOP is blocking is REAL interesting should the voters know of it.

Pure oil company bullshit.......the most recent profit margins for BP alone hardly qualify them to go into panic mode. Do some honest research into the recent profit margins of all the major oil companies operating off shore rigs in the Gulf......they're not going anywhere, and all this bullshit will just result in the usual cutting of personal because the PROJECTED profit margin isn't going to be met....as opposed the actual profit margin, which will be substantial like last year.

Yeah, and that's all it is....scuttlebutt.

Spare us the neocon GOP driven rhetoric about "unsustaniable" healthcare when the insurance companies will be getting ADDITIONAL customers. "Cap and Trade" is not like by anyone because it essentially does NOT address the issue of industrial pollution in terms of across the board reduction. And to suddenly say it's business unfriendly when it was large corporations that are the cornerstone of the anti-obama wail is just ludicrous.

What's "unbelievable" are the fucking bullshit artists who REFUSED to acknowledge the culmination of the economic debacle under the Shrub that culminated when Obama took office. Then the Party of NO votes against and threatens to filibuster every blessed proposal Obama puts forth....even the ones THEY created and Obama wanted to use! But hey, Obama didn't wave a wand and put everyone back to work in one year, so it's all HIS fault! Unbelievable, indeed!

Only a fool would agree to a continued process that rewards American corporations for outsourcing by paying for it with OUR tax dollars.

Give me a fucking break, Foxy...another Contract on America is what the GOP is offering...and die hard neocon GOP supporters/Obama haters/2008 sore losers are just bending over the chair with a grin on their face and an excuse on their lips. Pathetic.

Yeah and it was sooooooooooooooooo awful under the Last Contrat with America.

We have it sooooooooooooooooo much better under Obama.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because the regulation is neither stopping the nonsense (think Sarbanes-Oxley and fraud) nor providing a business friendly environment. It's stifling growth.

To date, NO ONE has logically explained how growth is being stifled when you have corporations OUT SOURCING JOBS, AND GETTING TAX BREAKS TO DO IT!

Get the picture? They're just bitching about ANY regulation that makes them accountable to the very people who buy their products and work for them IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY.

Your response is "well, corruption is continuing"......well, factor in WHEN the new regulations (if the GOP allows any) will officially enact, and you'll see how wrong your assertion is.

sharman shows he is a fucking clown once again

As long as he feels better about himself? Let him continue. We all need a good laugh.:lol:

And yet neither you or your compadre can logically or factually disprove or refute what he posted....just as you couldn't do the same with my post.

All you've got "T", is a verbal equivalent of a child sticking out his tongue and stamping his little feet. Let me know when you've got something of substance to argue with.

To date, NO ONE has logically explained how growth is being stifled when you have corporations OUT SOURCING JOBS, AND GETTING TAX BREAKS TO DO IT!

Get the picture? They're just bitching about ANY regulation that makes them accountable to the very people who buy their products and work for them IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY.

Your response is "well, corruption is continuing"......well, factor in WHEN the new regulations (if the GOP allows any) will officially enact, and you'll see how wrong your assertion is.

Why even have a conversation with someone else? You have already decided what I'm going to say.

Okay, obviously this is one of the neocon parrots from the "Just Plain Politics" board who got their butts kicked by me in several debates. I surmise this by the apparent effort to avoid debating the FACTS of the information presented and just criticizing the source...as if that is a valid way to prove something/someone wrong.

Sorry Stephanie, but that lame tactic didn't cut it then, and it's not cutting it now. Why don't you try PROVING the information contained is wrong? If you can't, then you'll have to accept it as valid....or just remain insipidly stubborn. The choice is yours.

LOL, I WOULDN'T try and prove JACK SHIT that came from ThinkProgess or you. and you kicking anyone's ass, that is sum funny shit right there. now you are dismissed as you were before...:lol:

Someday, an adult will explain to Stephanie that just saying "I don't like you, so everything you say is wrong" is not a substitute for a an actual debate of the FACTS, in which one has to logically prove someone is wrong using FACTS and the logic derived from them.

As you can see, Stephanie is willfully ignorant when it comes to information IN THEIR OWN WORDS that paints the GOP in a bad light. Her childish mindset is EXACTLY what is behind the current disgrace of the "Tea Party" candidates that the GOP is now dealing with....and why the GOP can run policies THAT SCREW OVER AMERICAN WORKERS while GOP voters smile and ask for another.

Stephanie has NOTHING to offer except the blatherings you just witnessed. No point in me acknowledging her further.

LOL, poor thing. Did ur wittle fweelings get urt?
and speaking of blathering. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:lol:
now you are again, dismissed.:eusa_hand:

Exactly, a new conservative philosophy.

Isn't it amazing how some on these boards will defend to the death the policies of the current neocon driven GOP, yet turn around and condemn 8 years of the Shrub as not "true conservatives"...as if the current GOP isn't the EXACT same BS from those 8 years?

Maybe that is why the Tea Party is so popular? Just saying.

True. Bush added too many new "unpaid for" entitlements, like the prescription benefit. Bush also signed the "American Jobs Creation Act" that basically gave tax credits to move factories overseas. Seems odd that 2-years after the new "jobs creation act" that the economy tanked with 10% unemployment? It serves the GOP right to have to slither out of DC as the economy crashed around them. Pity Barney Frank and Obama couldn't get the blame for Fannie & Freddie failing. The DC whores from BOTH parties helped cause the financial collapse. Remember Clinton's "Community Reinvestment Act" giving mortgages to the unqualified? Just sayin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back