Democrats.. "Stop Whining"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,865
    That's what Joe Biden says.

Sheez...... even Democrats are fed up with Democrats Whining.....

-------------------------:lol::lol::lol:

Vice President Joe Biden stoked a firestorm of liberal discontent with President Barack Obama on Monday – demanding that the Democratic base “stop whining” and start fighting Republicans instead of the White House.

Biden, speaking at a frozen yogurt plant in New Hampshire, said he wanted to “remind our base constituency to stop whining and get out there and look at the alternatives. This President has done an incredible job. He’s kept his promises."

The comments echo Obama’s own recent calls to demobilized Democrats to slough off their apathy – and their disappointment in him – and gear up ahead of the midterms, when Democrats are facing devastating losses.

Biden’s comments weren’t premeditated and reflect Biden’s shoot-from-the-lip style, officials said. But that matters little to a Democratic base grown somnambulant and frustrated with the president’s willingness to accept ugly, if productive, compromises on the stimulus, Wall Street reform and health care.

Judging from the initial reaction to Biden’s remarks in Manchester, the base is plenty fired up – and ready to go.

At Biden’s throat.

One Democratic operative gasped when told of Biden’s remarks and wondered “why they would pick a fight with the base” five weeks before a midterm election that will hinge on turnout.

“It’s idiotic is what it is,” says Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas, one of Obama’s most pointed critics on the left. “If Democrats, with the White House and Congressional super-majorities, had delivered on what they had promised, and if people had jobs, no one would be whining. They have reaped what they sowed. They haven’t delivered on what they’ve promised — and instead of making the case as to why they would do if they are reelected, they are insulting people.

“It’s a far cry from Bill Clinton’s ‘I feel your pain,’” he added.

Adam Green, an organizer who bucked the White House by backing Arkansas Lt. Gov. Bill Halter’s unsuccessful bid to unseat Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), tied Biden’s remarks to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs’ recent remark blaming the “professional left” for making too much noise.

“The ‘professional left’ is busting our butt to mobilize progressive voters in 2010, picking up the ball that this White House dropped when they refused to fight for the overwhelmingly popular public option, refused to break up the big banks, and demobilized Obama voters who expected this President to at least fight for big change,” he told POLITICO.

Joe Biden to Democrats: 'Stop whining' - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Democrats NEVA stop whining..Look at the Obama, and Biden has a lot of room to talk.pfeesh

Lefties whine when they win and look the hell out if they are losing..The whine turns to screeching and babbling.:lol:

3. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    "Adam Green, the co-founder of the Progressive Change Committee hit back at Biden's comments Monday.
    "[We are] picking up the ball that this White House dropped when they refused to fight for the overwhelming popular public option, refused to break up the big banks, and demobilized Obama voters who expected this President to at least fight for big change," Green said in a statement." - CNN

Adam Greene says it all. Progressives, like conservatives, don't like it when they're lied to. If holding Obama's feet to the fire for not delivering the "CHANGE" that was promised, Is "whining", I'm a fucking whiner.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    I'm with you, Lefty. Not on all the issues, but I voted for change. I got a guy who seems to be under the impression he's still a junior Senator rather than the Executive. When will he finally put on the mantle, and if he does will he have any capital left to spend?

I am not amused.

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,029
    Fox to start a new Reality Show: When Dems Attack!

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,029
    Democrats were not Progressive enough for America, run with that.

7. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Or maybe they should go interview the pissed off candidates that lost to tea pottiers in the republican primaries. Among other things, I seen one admit that a lot of the tea potty's message was racist. Sad it took him getting beat in a primary to admit that.

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    LOL, the Obama and Democrats APPROVAL rating is now down to 38% and the progressive-commies are still expecting the Boyking in chief to go Fruther to the left right off the cliff, and take the Democrat party with him....WELL I SAY...........GO FOR IT.:clap2:

and I'm pretty sure him saying today he thinks OUR CHILDREN should be in school longer than they already are, is gonna get a LOT OF PARENTS to get tingles for him and SHOOT that ole approval rating right through the roof....what a idiot in chief.LOL

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Why are you so dumb? It's that low because THEY AREN'T DELIVERING ON THE CHANGE THEY WERE SENT THERE TO DELIVER! For a quick example, Americans wanted strong health reforms.. Ie; the Public Option. What did we get? Some watered down shit.. It's a step, but absolutely not what they were sent there for.

10. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    The scary thing is there are some democratics who think Barry and Crew haven't been liberal enough....:eek: