A new Contract "ON" America?

LOL Who was it that took SS? The democrats Then when they didnt have enough to spend decided Grandma should pay taxes on her retirement. Then it still wasnt enough and decided to raise those taxes a second time, Will Al the bore Gore casting the deciding vote. Under panic of losing those funds democrats then blocked the lock box legislation.

You're not making sense......you have the GOP admitting to the hypocrisy of being against tax breaks for out sourcing jobs.

Do you understand what is going on? The GOP is telling YOU that YOU have to pick up the $$ slack for a corporation/company that closes a factory in America, and moves the factory to a foreign country. Then, they want YOU to buy the product here while THEY make a profit.

They are screwing YOU out of a job, genius. But rather than deal with that, you just chuckle some bogus neocon pundit mantras and talking points.

Get it together, man.....this is NO laughing matter.

The GOP is responsible for outsourcing, when Obama is making it impossible for businesses to operate here??????????

Have you noticed our unemployment rate lately????????? If the GOP is responsible for "outsourcing" explain WHY the unemployment rate was so much LOWER UNDER THE GOP????????

I mean you are a laughable riot!

All you have is fear, smear and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations!!!!!!!! :eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're not too bright, my tea bagging samuarie friend. If you actually paid attention to recent history, you'd know that OUTSOURCING of American jobs began YEARS before Obama or Clinton stepped foot into the Oval office! If you can prove otherwise, then please provide the FACTS to that effect.

Also, since the majority of Obama's policies do NOT take full effect until the next two years or so....your parroting the neocon corporate whine is all smoke, but no substance.

But then again, it's not about FACTS with you, is it my chuckling tea bagging samurai? I noitce that after blurting a few neocon pundit talking points, it's all insults and chuckles with you. You're just blowing smoke like a good little tea bagging Samurai.

Say goodnight Gracie....shows over for you.

That's all this loser has when you prove him wrong is to start calling names. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh man, tachiliberal or whatever you call yourself, you are starting to make Jake Starkey look smart and that's pretty bad!

You get the fail whale, pal! While Charles Main and anyone else who tries to debate this moron gets the patience of Job award! ;)

1.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seems all this joker has to offer is following me around and barking neocon nonsense. Notice that he doesn't debate the issue, folks...he just mouths talking points and accusations. Obviously, he has a personal issue with me...whatever that is. So unless our tea bagging samuari can actually debate the issue at hand using fact and logic, I'll just ignore him an let him rant on.

A) I'm a she, you chauvenist. :tongue:

B) Debating the issue doesn't mean I have to accept your laughable premise. I know that will just blow the minds of you control freaks of liberalism, but YOU DON'T CONTROL WHAT CAN BE DISCUSSED. :eek: Yeah, I know that's shocking.

The reason you keep claiming I am not talking about the "issues" is YOU ARE TRYING LIKE HELL TO AVOID TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS ISSUE WHICH IS THE DEMOCRATS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No like a typical liberal despot, you are stamping your feet and demanding we ONLY talk about the eeeeeeeeeeeeevil republicans and ONLY ABOUT THOSE EEEEEEEEEEVIL REPUBLICANS.

Why it just isn't "fair" to talk about the Democrats too!!!!!! WAAAAAH!!!!!! :eusa_snooty:

Did you honestly think that was going to work? :lol::lol: How old are you?

Who's paying you to be here, honestly and why didn't they prepare you better for the fact conservatives don't have to just do what you say?

If you wanted that, you better toddle off to DU. Then you won't have to have a tantrum every time something graces your ear that JUST MIGHT BE something other than what you want to hear. :eek:

Poor baby!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As you can see folks, this woman has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old. As the chronology of posts clearly proves her out to be a liar....all she can do is compound her lies with blathering empty slogans, mantras and Limbauh-esque talking points while letting us know she's insanely chuckling.

She's done, folks....and I'm done witnessing her humilitation.

You're not making sense......you have the GOP admitting to the hypocrisy of being against tax breaks for out sourcing jobs.

Do you understand what is going on? The GOP is telling YOU that YOU have to pick up the $$ slack for a corporation/company that closes a factory in America, and moves the factory to a foreign country. Then, they want YOU to buy the product here while THEY make a profit.

They are screwing YOU out of a job, genius. But rather than deal with that, you just chuckle some bogus neocon pundit mantras and talking points.

The GOP is responsible for outsourcing, when Obama is making it impossible for businesses to operate here??????????

Have you noticed our unemployment rate lately????????? If the GOP is responsible for "outsourcing" explain WHY the unemployment rate was so much LOWER UNDER THE GOP????????

All you have is fear, smear and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations!!!!!!!! :eek:

You're not too bright, my tea bagging samuarie friend. If you actually paid attention to recent history, you'd know that OUTSOURCING of American jobs began YEARS before Obama or Clinton stepped foot into the Oval office! If you can prove otherwise, then please provide the FACTS to that effect.

Also, since the majority of Obama's policies do NOT take full effect until the next two years or so....your parroting the neocon corporate whine is all smoke, but no substance.

But then again, it's not about FACTS with you, is it my chuckling tea bagging samurai? I noitce that after blurting a few neocon pundit talking points, it's all insults and chuckles with you. You're just blowing smoke like a good little tea bagging Samurai.

Yep it began well before both of them, But accelerated dramatically under Clinton.

Yep it began well before both of them, But accelerated dramatically under Clinton.

Yeah, NAFTA can be considered as an accelerator to the prior 12 years. Another one of Slick Willy's bonehead attempts to straddle the fence. The Shrub just tried to cover things up with reclassifying certain jobs....and a lot of his supporters should take interest about this little item:

George W. Bush States Offshore Outsourcing will Assist U.S. in Long Run
Newswire - PR / George W. Bush States Offshore Outsourcing will Assist U.S. in Long Run - Software - TatvaSoft - Custom Software Development India | NewswireToday

Well if outsourcing was sooooooooooooooo damn bad before Obama explain WHY the unemployment rate was so low before he took office?

I NOTICE YOU SURE AS HELL DON'T WANT TO ANSWER THAT.

And I sure don't expect you to answer it now. Your liberal handlers didn't give you the answer to that one, so I won't hold my breath.

Just laugh at your hysterical rant and watch the clock tick down to November 2.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seems all this joker has to offer is following me around and barking neocon nonsense. Notice that he doesn't debate the issue, folks...he just mouths talking points and accusations. Obviously, he has a personal issue with me...whatever that is. So unless our tea bagging samuari can actually debate the issue at hand using fact and logic, I'll just ignore him an let him rant on.

A) I'm a she, you chauvenist. :tongue:

B) Debating the issue doesn't mean I have to accept your laughable premise. I know that will just blow the minds of you control freaks of liberalism, but YOU DON'T CONTROL WHAT CAN BE DISCUSSED. :eek: Yeah, I know that's shocking.

The reason you keep claiming I am not talking about the "issues" is YOU ARE TRYING LIKE HELL TO AVOID TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS ISSUE WHICH IS THE DEMOCRATS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No like a typical liberal despot, you are stamping your feet and demanding we ONLY talk about the eeeeeeeeeeeeevil republicans and ONLY ABOUT THOSE EEEEEEEEEEVIL REPUBLICANS.

Why it just isn't "fair" to talk about the Democrats too!!!!!! WAAAAAH!!!!!! :eusa_snooty:

Did you honestly think that was going to work? :lol::lol: How old are you?

Who's paying you to be here, honestly and why didn't they prepare you better for the fact conservatives don't have to just do what you say?

If you wanted that, you better toddle off to DU. Then you won't have to have a tantrum every time something graces your ear that JUST MIGHT BE something other than what you want to hear. :eek:

Poor baby!

As you can see folks, this woman has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old. As the chronology of posts clearly proves her out to be a liar....all she can do is compound her lies with blathering empty slogans, mantras and Limbauh-esque talking points while letting us know she's insanely chuckling.

She's done, folks....and I'm done witnessing her humilitation.

Shall I translate this?

He knows he's owned. He knows he can't discuss the failure of the Democrats as compared to the Contract with America, so he's running away.

But he doesn't want to admit he's running away, so he's declaring victory without answering a single point I made.

Typical!

Yeah, that tactic is REALLY going to get Democrats reelected isn't it?

Let's see who's declaring victory the day after November 2. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I notice that Democrats are running a lot of ads in Ohio right how decrying Republicans over NAFTA.

I think they forgot just what president signed that Act.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, NAFTA can be considered as an accelerator to the prior 12 years. Another one of Slick Willy's bonehead attempts to straddle the fence. The Shrub just tried to cover things up with reclassifying certain jobs....and a lot of his supporters should take interest about this little item:

George W. Bush States Offshore Outsourcing will Assist U.S. in Long Run
Newswire - PR / George W. Bush States Offshore Outsourcing will Assist U.S. in Long Run - Software - TatvaSoft - Custom Software Development India | NewswireToday

Yeah, Obama is soooooooooooooooo against outsourcing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBc-JBx-aQ]YouTube - Obama and Outsourcing[/ame]

Perhaps there is the problem, the inability of the government to do that. See the graph for a refresher on how that's worked out so far.
Governments influence in turning around the economy is always limited.
We are now at or near a 0% Fed interest rate so we can't lower interest rates any further.

We are at historically low tax rates. Lowering rates would have very questionable benefits particular with the the high debt to GDP ratio.

Government spending (stimulus) is the only viable option. It is not a long term solution but it does create jobs and give the economy a chance to recover.

The often touted Republican solution of reducing government spending and cutting taxes will not work. Reduction in government sending reduces employment and consumption. Tax cuts have limited effect on investment when rates are so low.

Historically low? We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world!

And if government spending is the only "viable option" then explain why the stimulus failed so badly?

You guys can talk theory economics all day long, but the reality on the ground is why people are laughing at you.

This is as pathetic as the economists saying the recession is already over.

US corporate taxes favor small business ,15% rate with top rates of 39% while foreign countries tend to favor large business.
Tax rates around the world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, the stimulus is doing exactly what it was designed to do. It is creating jobs. A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September. Jobs are being created but jobs are still being lost.
CBO finds 3.7M jobs created by stimulus - The Hill's On The Money

Perhaps there is the problem, the inability of the government to do that. See the graph for a refresher on how that's worked out so far.
We are now at or near a 0% Fed interest rate so we can't lower interest rates any further.

We are at historically low tax rates. Lowering rates would have very questionable benefits particular with the the high debt to GDP ratio.

Government spending (stimulus) is the only viable option. It is not a long term solution but it does create jobs and give the economy a chance to recover.

The often touted Republican solution of reducing government spending and cutting taxes will not work. Reduction in government sending reduces employment and consumption. Tax cuts have limited effect on investment when rates are so low.

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners. Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth. There is too much regulation and not enough oversight.

The fiscal liberal side leans toward having the government do more. That hasn't worked out so well. Time will tell if we ever get to see the results of the fiscal conservative side which leans toward having the government do less.
I doubt that you are going to find much agreement among economist that reducing government regulation would have pushed this country out of the worst recession since the great depression. The primary tools in stimulating the economy during a recession are, lowering interest rate, reducing taxes, increasing government spending. Interest rates and taxes are too low to have a major impact. Cutting taxes when you are running a big deficit is not likely inspire world financial markets. So you are left with increases in spending. Probably not the best tool, but you work with what's available.

And if government spending is the only "viable option" then explain why the stimulus failed so badly?

You guys can talk theory economics all day long, but the reality on the ground is why people are laughing at you.

US corporate taxes favor small business ,15% rate with top rates of 39% while foreign countries tend to favor large business.

No, the stimulus is doing exactly what it was designed to do. It is creating jobs. A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September. Jobs are being created but jobs are still being lost.

Well number one Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source. Even Wikipedia says so. So there goes that one.

As for the stimulus, you can bullshit us with all kinds of "experts" and liberal media articles claiming the stimulus created jobs, BUT THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN OUR HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT??????

I mean how the hell do you claim all these jobs being "created" when we have an almost 10% unemployment rate?

Where are all these jobs, if there are that many people out of work?

I mean the Emperor has no clothes man! The Emperor can claim all he wants he is wearing a chasmire suit, but if the truth is, he's naked, he's naked!

And the truth is Obama and his cronies can claim all these jobs have been created, but if there are that MANY PEOPLE OUT OF WORK, THERE ARE THAT MANY PEOPLE OUT OF WORK.

The unemployment facts don't fit the stimulus fiction.

But you libs go ahead and try and tell the American people they are better off since Democrats took power.

November is coming! :D

The Republican agenda is to lower taxes for the rich and let corporations pollute the planet and screw consumers at will.

It's what they do.

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners. Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth. There is too much regulation and not enough oversight.

The fiscal liberal side leans toward having the government do more. That hasn't worked out so well. Time will tell if we ever get to see the results of the fiscal conservative side which leans toward having the government do less.

Here are the major flaws in your analogy:

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners.

Have you ever heard of corporate welfare? Or do you realize that YOU are picking up the bill whenever a company or corporation out sources to a foreign nation via tax breaks for those companies? That's just for starters, but it's a indicator of how the "winners" didn't quite make it on their own.

I think you misunderstood my point.

Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth.

We've already seen the effects of deregulation....that led to the S&L scandal, Enron, and the Wall St. debacle that has put us and the world economy in a spin.

And more regulation is keeping it there. Perhaps your false choice is a bit more complicated.

I doubt that you are going to find much agreement among economist that reducing government regulation would have pushed this country out of the worst recession since the great depression. The primary tools in stimulating the economy during a recession are, lowering interest rate, reducing taxes, increasing government spending. Interest rates and taxes are too low to have a major impact. Cutting taxes when you are running a big deficit is not likely inspire world financial markets. So you are left with increases in spending. Probably not the best tool, but you work with what's available.

We're going on 2 years of that strategy. How's it working out?

What our insipidly stubborn neocon GOP supporters fail to realize is that the Shrub's Bail out for the banks is what threw this country into the monetary abyss by being aimed ONLY at the banks and Wall St. WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY....with the insane notion that Reaganomics would right everything. Obama's stimulus, however flawed, is aimed at directly restoring jobs to the small business man and our job producing industry.

Big difference....as the auto industry will tell you.

Mind you, Obama and company cower at the thought of ending the unfair trade situation with China...but they did try to at least stop the outsourcing of jobs (no thanks to the GOP and 4 Bluedog/BS Democratic Senators. But somehow I believer our neocon parrots will just keep voting against their interest.

Here are the major flaws in your analogy:

I disagree that Government spending is the only viable option, especially the type of spending currently being done where the losers are rewarded by taking from the winners.

Have you ever heard of corporate welfare? Or do you realize that YOU are picking up the bill whenever a company or corporation out sources to a foreign nation via tax breaks for those companies? That's just for starters, but it's a indicator of how the "winners" didn't quite make it on their own.

I think you misunderstood my point.

Also, government micromanagement of business through a myriad of regulations certain is stifling growth.

We've already seen the effects of deregulation....that led to the S&L scandal, Enron, and the Wall St. debacle that has put us and the world economy in a spin.

And more regulation is keeping it there. Perhaps your false choice is a bit more complicated.

How is regulating against the repeat of the nonsense that occured under deregulation "keeping it there"? What you are saying just doesn't make sense.

Mind you, Obama and company cower at the thought of ending the unfair trade situation with China...but they did try to at least stop the outsourcing of jobs (no thanks to the GOP and 4 Bluedog/BS Democratic Senators. But somehow I believer our neocon parrots will just keep voting against their interest.

Hypocrisy, thy name is politics.

From what I have been reading AND hearing from real life, up close and personal business owners, Obama policies, if implemented, threated to create a stampede of American businesses seeking to take refuge anywhere but here in the USA.

Just one example:

By JEANNE CUMMINGS | 9/28/10 4:30 AM EDT
On the campaign trail, President Barack Obama elicits cheers when he rails against tax loopholes that he says benefit foreign companies that have operations in this country. It’s a sound bite that seems eminently fair to average voters, particularly those suffering through today’s tough economic times.

But representatives of some of those firms are coming to Washington on Tuesday for a series of quiet meetings at the White House and on Capitol Hill to offer a counterargument — that the combination of tough presidential rhetoric and draconian administration policy could drive their firms away and, with them, thousands of jobs that the economy desperately needs if there is going to be a real recovery.

A recently released survey of chief financial officers who work for U.S. subsidiaries of foreign-owned firms found that nearly half — 49 percent — plan to increase U.S. employment in the next 18 months. Those companies — including Anheuser-Busch InBev, Honda, Food Lion and Nestle — already employ 5.5 million Americans.

However, 72 percent of the CFOs also said that the environment for their companies to do business here is quickly deteriorating, largely because of proposed tax and trade policies. If that trend continues, it could prompt their corporate leadership to take future plants, offices and jobs to China, Brazil or a host of other nations.

“Over the last year, there has been some anti-foreign rhetoric that has painted these companies that employ millions of Americans with a foreign brush,” said Nancy McLernon, president of the Organization for International Investment, a trade group for the U.S. subsidiaries.

“If you look through the lens of the 1950s, they might be considered that. But looking through the lens of 2010, they are American companies that do the very same activities that would be used to define an American company,” she added.

The blurry lines of the global economy are on display even at the White House, which has delivered some of the sharpest barbs toward these firms, even as it doled out generous government grants to some of them for boosting the alternative energy sector.

Read more: Foreign firms: Quit bashing us - Jeanne Cummings - POLITICO.com

The Obama administration has been quite friendly to huge corporations like GE who stand to make billions (mostly off shore of course) if Obama's proposed policies are adopted. But he has been the most business hostile President in my memory and that is one of the reasons we are having a mostly jobless 'recovery'.

Partisan blinders can be a strange animal creating strange alliances. But don't think the Obama administration has stopped outsourcing in any way, shape, or form.

From what I have been reading AND hearing from real life, up close and personal business owners, Obama policies, if implemented, threated to create a stampede of American businesses seeking to take refuge anywhere but here in the USA.

Just one example:

On the campaign trail, President Barack Obama elicits cheers when he rails against tax loopholes that he says benefit foreign companies that have operations in this country. It’s a sound bite that seems eminently fair to average voters, particularly those suffering through today’s tough economic times.

But representatives of some of those firms are coming to Washington on Tuesday for a series of quiet meetings at the White House and on Capitol Hill to offer a counterargument — that the combination of tough presidential rhetoric and draconian administration policy could drive their firms away and, with them, thousands of jobs that the economy desperately needs if there is going to be a real recovery.

A recently released survey of chief financial officers who work for U.S. subsidiaries of foreign-owned firms found that nearly half — 49 percent — plan to increase U.S. employment in the next 18 months. Those companies — including Anheuser-Busch InBev, Honda, Food Lion and Nestle — already employ 5.5 million Americans.

However, 72 percent of the CFOs also said that the environment for their companies to do business here is quickly deteriorating, largely because of proposed tax and trade policies. If that trend continues, it could prompt their corporate leadership to take future plants, offices and jobs to China, Brazil or a host of other nations.

“Over the last year, there has been some anti-foreign rhetoric that has painted these companies that employ millions of Americans with a foreign brush,” said Nancy McLernon, president of the Organization for International Investment, a trade group for the U.S. subsidiaries.

“If you look through the lens of the 1950s, they might be considered that. But looking through the lens of 2010, they are American companies that do the very same activities that would be used to define an American company,” she added.

The blurry lines of the global economy are on display even at the White House, which has delivered some of the sharpest barbs toward these firms, even as it doled out generous government grants to some of them for boosting the alternative energy sector.

The Obama administration has been quite friendly to huge corporations like GE who stand to make billions (mostly off shore of course) if Obama's proposed policies are adopted. But he has been the most business hostile President in my memory and that is one of the reasons we are having a mostly jobless 'recovery'.

Partisan blinders can be a strange animal creating strange alliances. But don't think the Obama administration has stopped outsourcing in any way, shape, or form.

That's a pretty good smokescreen in that article, Foxy....but fan it a bit:

The gist is that American based corporations (ones mentioned) are screwed because Obama would threaten their overseas operations which would in turn wreck their ability to maintain their domestic employment.

And THAT is total bullshit...because what the Obama plan would do is just remove the tax breaks that these folk get for outsourcing.....meaning that YOU and I wouldn't have to foot the bill for AnheuserBusch to set shop in South America for the cheaper labor cost. Remember, the article list 5 of the biggest corporations in the country...it doesn't list all the ousourced jobs that would come back to America. Figure a hefty addition to the 100,000 jobs per state by the article....and remember, you have to take into account all the layoffs in the last 10 years by folks like IBM, etc. If not, the country (you and I) get back that tax revenue.

Also, how can Obama favor GE while doing in other corporations at the same time? You'll have to explain that one to me.

The ONLY Contract "ON" America is what the Democrats, the PROGRESSIVES and their policies have been doing to the Constitution, and the nation.

We see their crap all around us...the economy is their doing.

There's NOTHING left to say...on any level.

Just look at Obama...he is the PINNACLE of what they plan to do...his effects/Affect is everywhere.

You idiots that vote Democrat?

You sew your own demise, and that of your families. Liberty with responsibility isn't what they're about...it's of Slavery.

Democrats/Progressives have been waging WAR against you ALL for decades...time you all woke the hell up...Obama is the pinnacle of your demise if you seek to follow him.

Just look at the damage, and his mignions in the form of Reid/Pelosi have done for you?

It isn't Republicans...SURELY not Conservatives...whom follow the Constitution...The Constitution was designed to prohibit what we are in now...

GUESS who dunnit?

Just one example:

That's a pretty good smokescreen in that article, Foxy....but fan it a bit:

The gist is that American based corporations (ones mentioned) are screwed because Obama would threaten their overseas operations which would in turn wreck their ability to maintain their domestic employment.

And THAT is total bullshit...because what the Obama plan would do is just remove the tax breaks that these folk get for outsourcing.....meaning that YOU and I wouldn't have to foot the bill for AnheuserBusch to set shop in South America for the cheaper labor cost. Remember, the article list 5 of the biggest corporations in the country...it doesn't list all the ousourced jobs that would come back to America. Figure a hefty addition to the 100,000 jobs per state by the article....and remember, you have to take into account all the layoffs in the last 10 years by folks like IBM, etc. If not, the country (you and I) get back that tax revenue.

Also, how can Obama favor GE while doing in other corporations at the same time? You'll have to explain that one to me.

You obviously didn't read all of my post and you definitely got a different 'gist' from the article than I did. Start with accurately representing what I said and what the article said, and then I'll be happy to address any questions you might have.

Forum List

Back