a Nation of laziness!!

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
III. SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
The bill creates shared responsibility among individuals, employers and government to ensure that all Americans have affordable coverage of essential health benefits.

Individual responsibility. Except in cases of hardship, once market reforms and affordability credits are in effect, individuals will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining health insurance coverage. Those who choose to not obtain coverage will pay a penalty of 2.5 percent of modified adjusted gross income above a specified level.

House Summary America's Affordable Health Choice Act: July 14 2009 | OldenGoldenDecoy's Blog

Let me assure EVERYONE here, I intend to use EVERY single resource I have available if this bill is passed to mount a constitutional challenge on it. The day it is passed I well go into Federal Court and seek an injunction until such time that the constitutional merits of this bill can be addressed. As congress see's fit not not only igonre the fact that NO ONE has a contitutional right to healthcare other than Federal prisioners it see's fit to pass mandates that it's citizens carry healthcare bypassing it. All of you who wish your healthcare to provided for you by the Federal Govt. don't expect it to be the nirvana you think it will be and SHAME on all of your for supporting this legislation that will relegate this nation to a 3rd world status all for your personal comfort. The facts are that this issue is an issue that needs to be addressed as a cost issue and not a mandate issue.This bill is a direct result of a culture of laziness and people expecting a government to solve each and every problem for them. It is a result of an education system that teaches shared responsibility over personal responsibility. This bill rises out of an expectation of those that grown up expecting others to provide for them and not having the ability to go out and provide for themselves. The facts are a vast majority of Americans already have healthcare coverage and half of the so called 48 million that are uninsured are uninsured because they choose to be. So this crisis is a crisis of those that have no desire to provide for themselves and their families and wish to take from their neighbors to make up for their own shortcommings as citizens. Yes, it's important that we as a nation reform costs in the healthcare system, but we do so as a Free nation keeping in mind that our nation was built on the premise that people are free to choose their own destiny. So all of you who support turning this nation into a 3rd world 3rd rate power whos largest employer is the Govt. and consumes everything, and produces nothing then by all means support this nation killing bill. I've heard all the stupid arguments on this bill based on the the so called 48 million and the evil insurance companies, and statistics from the WHO , if anyone had bothered to read the actual numbers would have seen that those numbers on healthcare in our natiuon also inluded murders and accidents in which we are also number one. It would seem to me if you wanted to have an effect on those statistics so badly then you would do something about those! However, that leads us back to the laziness issue doesn't it. I have heard it all, I can't afford it, I cannot get it because I have a pre-existing condition, then you know what, start your own health insurance company, start a co-op,apply for grants from the FED. or apply for state aide. There are many ways to get health insurance if you want it badly enough and also many ways to change the system if you wish to change it. However, mandating change on those who do not wish to change will leave you in a very bad situation.. One more thing to consider, you may now consider this my calling Barack Obama a liar, as on page 44 of the bill, indivuduals CAN I repeat CAN have their insurance taken away from them if the board does not think that they are conforming with the legislation. So much for if you like your insurance you can keep it, I will file that one with, unemployment won't rise above 8.5% with the passage of this bill we need right now.

I wonder if it's even occurred to our politicians to look past the insurance industry in seeking solutions for healthcare reform? They seem stuck in their little box and can't seem to think outside it. I've seen nothing in the proposed legislation that actually targets reducing costs or even in looking at WHY costs have risen so dramatically in the recent past.
For example, I recently went for a yearly check up. I needed a culture run and a blood test. I paid the doctor's office for the check up. I received a separate bill from a lab for the culture and was sent to a different clinic to have blood drawn and was billed by them as well. In previous years, all of the services I required were considered part of the check up and billed by the doctor's office at half the cost. Total cost for my routine checkup was $450.00 ( and I never saw a doctor..just a nurse practictioner ) I didn't see anything in the health care legislation that would address issues like this.
If they want to truly lower the cost of medical care, they should look at increasing the number of doctors by perhaps subsidizing medical school tuition. If you want to lower cost on anything..increase supply.

I wonder if it's even occurred to our politicians to look past the insurance industry in seeking solutions for healthcare reform? They seem stuck in their little box and can't seem to think outside it. I've seen nothing in the proposed legislation that actually targets reducing costs or even in looking at WHY costs have risen so dramatically in the recent past.
For example, I recently went for a yearly check up. I needed a culture run and a blood test. I paid the doctor's office for the check up. I received a separate bill from a lab for the culture and was sent to a different clinic to have blood drawn and was billed by them as well. In previous years, all of the services I required were considered part of the check up and billed by the doctor's office at half the cost. Total cost for my routine checkup was $450.00 ( and I never saw a doctor..just a nurse practictioner ) I didn't see anything in the health care legislation that would address issues like this.
If they want to truly lower the cost of medical care, they should look at increasing the number of doctors by perhaps subsidizing medical school tuition. If you want to lower cost on anything..increase supply.

It makes too much sense to do things like that and fix the real problems associated with healthcare Vel. There is too much political power at stake on this one, thus the reason they have to jam it through like the last two massive spending programs that are bankrupting this nation. You know if we only reformed illegal immigrant healthcare, and allowed for the formation of of co-ops that would save almost 900 billion over 10 year, but then again that does not translate into votes though. Thats what this is all about something they can point to and say look see what we did, gave you cheap healthcare, only problem is it's not cheap. Funny thing is all this talk about the underinsured or lack of coverage, and even in your own state they have programs like this,,

Governor Phil Bredesen developed Cover Tennessee to create health insurance options that are affordable and portable, and meet the needs of the uninsured in our state. Cover Tennessee has four programs.

CoverTN is a partnership between the state, employers and individuals that makes health care coverage affordable for the state's working uninsured.

CoverKids offers free comprehensive health coverage to qualifying uninsured children in Tennessee, age 18 and younger.

CoverRx offers affordable prescription drugs to Tennesseans who lack pharmacy coverage.

AccessTN is comprehensive health insurance for adults who are uninsurable due to pre-existing conditions

So I fail to understand what the Federal Govt. needs to do here, other than support the states that have programs like this? Makes no sense to me other than to turn this nation into a 3rd world nation dependant on others for all our goods and services. I'm ashamed at the nation we are leaving our children I truley am.

Whatever. :cuckoo: What you said fixes none of the major problems we have with healthcare. Why don't you solve all the major problems instead of coming up with new ones? Are you trying to distract us or just confuse the conversation? You know what is wrong with healthcare? Parking! :cuckoo:

And Navy is swallows every reason why we can't fix healthcare because the fact is, he wants the status quo too.

Lets face it, if we read more of your writings, I bet you are in favor of the status quo. You're just coming up with new arguments everyday to obstruct any progress. Relax, us liberals have this issue covered.

Don't believe the hype. Its going to get better.

PS. Do you know how Canada did it? One Province at a time. So it may have to be passed state by state instead of nationally. We shall see.

Whatever. :cuckoo: What you said fixes none of the major problems we have with healthcare. Why don't you solve all the major problems instead of coming up with new ones? Are you trying to distract us or just confuse the conversation? You know what is wrong with healthcare? Parking! :cuckoo:

And Navy is swallows every reason why we can't fix healthcare because the fact is, he wants the status quo too.

Lets face it, if we read more of your writings, I bet you are in favor of the status quo. You're just coming up with new arguments everyday to obstruct any progress. Relax, us liberals have this issue covered.

PS. Do you know how Canada did it? One Province at a time. So it may have to be passed state by state instead of nationally. We shall see.

sealy healthcare is not a monolithic issue no matter how much you want it to be, there are many many factors that cause healthcare costs to rise. The bottom line is that if you don't fix them, and add to it you won't effect the cost of healthcare. I personally have no problem at ALL with individual states offering healthcare to its residents because that is the WILL of the people that live there and is a direct reflection of how this nation is actually supposed to work! In fact, let me give you an example, let's say half the states had healthcare coverage and half did not, would that not be an incentive for people to say come to Mi. instead of living where they do in order to get it? I believe that costs can be contained and can be fixed, it is the other side of the argument that believes that we must rush to a solution that will bankrupt this nation and subvert the contitution..

Why bless your little heart honey. It's ok not to be the brightest crayon in the box and if you've never had to take care of yourself, it's understandable that you'd be fearful of having to survive in a capitalistic system. This is a fairly simply capitalistic principle.. the greater the supply, the lower the cost. Reforming insurance is not the only answer to providing better quality and lower cost healthcare. There are other options out there and EVERYTHING should be considered rather than have a government takeover of another industry.

The bill creates shared responsibility among individuals, employers and government to ensure that all Americans have affordable coverage of essential health benefits.

Individual responsibility. Except in cases of hardship, once market reforms and affordability credits are in effect, individuals will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining health insurance coverage. Those who choose to not obtain coverage will pay a penalty of 2.5 percent of modified adjusted gross income above a specified level.

House Summary America's Affordable Health Choice Act: July 14 2009 | OldenGoldenDecoy's Blog

Let me assure EVERYONE here, I intend to use EVERY single resource I have available if this bill is passed to mount a constitutional challenge on it. The day it is passed I well go into Federal Court and seek an injunction until such time that the constitutional merits of this bill can be addressed. As congress see's fit not not only igonre the fact that NO ONE has a contitutional right to healthcare other than Federal prisioners it see's fit to pass mandates that it's citizens carry healthcare bypassing it. All of you who wish your healthcare to provided for you by the Federal Govt. don't expect it to be the nirvana you think it will be and SHAME on all of your for supporting this legislation that will relegate this nation to a 3rd world status all for your personal comfort. The facts are that this issue is an issue that needs to be addressed as a cost issue and not a mandate issue.This bill is a direct result of a culture of laziness and people expecting a government to solve each and every problem for them. It is a result of an education system that teaches shared responsibility over personal responsibility. This bill rises out of an expectation of those that grown up expecting others to provide for them and not having the ability to go out and provide for themselves. The facts are a vast majority of Americans already have healthcare coverage and half of the so called 48 million that are uninsured are uninsured because they choose to be. So this crisis is a crisis of those that have no desire to provide for themselves and their families and wish to take from their neighbors to make up for their own shortcommings as citizens. Yes, it's important that we as a nation reform costs in the healthcare system, but we do so as a Free nation keeping in mind that our nation was built on the premise that people are free to choose their own destiny. So all of you who support turning this nation into a 3rd world 3rd rate power whos largest employer is the Govt. and consumes everything, and produces nothing then by all means support this nation killing bill. I've heard all the stupid arguments on this bill based on the the so called 48 million and the evil insurance companies, and statistics from the WHO , if anyone had bothered to read the actual numbers would have seen that those numbers on healthcare in our natiuon also inluded murders and accidents in which we are also number one. It would seem to me if you wanted to have an effect on those statistics so badly then you would do something about those! However, that leads us back to the laziness issue doesn't it. I have heard it all, I can't afford it, I cannot get it because I have a pre-existing condition, then you know what, start your own health insurance company, start a co-op,apply for grants from the FED. or apply for state aide. There are many ways to get health insurance if you want it badly enough and also many ways to change the system if you wish to change it. However, mandating change on those who do not wish to change will leave you in a very bad situation.. One more thing to consider, you may now consider this my calling Barack Obama a liar, as on page 44 of the bill, indivuduals CAN I repeat CAN have their insurance taken away from them if the board does not think that they are conforming with the legislation. So much for if you like your insurance you can keep it, I will file that one with, unemployment won't rise above 8.5% with the passage of this bill we need right now.

What is your position on the “Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act” also known as EMTALA? It requires hospitals and ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay. Don’t you think that government has no business getting involved in health care? If a hospital knows that Joe Smith is struggling to come into the hospital and has a life threatening condition, that Joe needs immediate care, and that Joe has no insurance and no financial resources, then that hospital should be free to have security escort Joe out to the curb. The hospital can have Joe carried outside and dumped off at the curb if Joe is in too much pain to walk. Don’t you agree? Leave the free market alone to do as it pleases as long as there is no fraud involved. “If you don’t have the money to pay for your care and you can’t find charity, then die in the street.”

Last edited:
Do you know that the Govt. could in it's wisdom sponsor a program that provided grants through the SBA for people wishing to start companies that provided low cost health care to people. Just a thought to promote competetion, I fail to understand the logic behind thinking that with one big regulating body also competeing with health insurance that also promotes competetion. Has anyone seen recently how this theory has worked so well in the cell phone business? With less and less competetion and bigger and bigger companies your bill has done down? Or pehaps your local utility company is an even better example, have they because of all the competetion around also lowered your bill recently?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

What is your position on the “Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act” also known as EMTALA? It requires hospitals and ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay. Don’t you think that government has no business getting involved in health care? If a hospital knows that Joe Smith is struggling to come into the hospital and has a life threatening condition, that Joe needs immediate care, and that Joe has no insurance and no financial resources, then that hospital should be free to have security escort Joe out to the curb. The hospital can have Joe carried outside and dumped off at the curb if Joe is in too much pain to walk. Don’t you agree? Leave the free market alone to do as it pleases as long as there is no fraud involved. “If you don’t have the money to pay for your care and you can’t find charity, then die in the street.”

Let me put it to you this way, It's my opinion that any person regardless of ability to pay should have access to emergency care and that care should be provided and paid for on a local level. However, I do think that charity can also mean, giving those that you care for a hand up instread of a hand out. Let me explain, if someone cannot pay their emergency room bill and later recovers then they should be able to negotiate with the hospital to offer as way of volunteering to clean up , grounds work, whatever in order to pay that debt off asa community service effort. Further, I also think that in some cases people use emergency rooms as a means to manage their healthcare when education would do just as well. How many cases have you heard of when people bring their children into the ER for colds? or coughs? See what I mean? I think it's a give and take and people have lost the ability to look at this in a practical manner, and that is it's not cruel to suggest that someone who cannot afford to pay with money can afford to pay in other way's like community servivce.

Exactly--and people who REALLY care will be there to help them when the hospital kicks em to the curb.

Every major industrial nation has healthcare, the only places that do not, are third world nations, and while the conservatives. republicans, and assorted libertarians would like, or simply don't care if America becomes a third world nation, people/society need to take care of each other. It is the human thing to do, it is the Christian thing to do, it the sane and sensible thing to do. Reactionary critics would still have us in the cave, progress moves forward even though there are lots of bumps along the way. Bravo, another step forward.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
Snapshots: Health Care Spending in the United States and OECD Countries - Kaiser Family Foundation
Health Care Statistics | Health Care Problems
NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Coverage

"Who are Who are the uninsured?

* Nearly 46 million Americans, or 18 percent of the population under the age of 65, were without health insurance in 2007, the latest government data available.1
* The number of uninsured rose 2.2 million between 2005 and 2006 and has increased by almost 8 million people since 2000.1
* The large majority of the uninsured (80 percent) are native or naturalized citizens.2 "

Last edited:
I find this attitude of well "because they have we should have it" as somwhat troublesome. If it has not escaped notice of all those proponents of healthcare insurance for all in this nation that like to use statistics so much , what nation has one of the highest murder rates in the world, accident rates in the world, and when you factor those in yes we don't score too well. However, I don't see a rush to cure those problems that when taken out of the scroring we rank at or near the top in about every catagory. One oher factor you don't hear much discussed among those that would like to say that well we are not the same as the rest of the world and that those nations that have healthcare save for Japan perhaps have long suffered chronic unemployment , and long term economic woes as a result. Further, although many of those nations may have coverage they lack in basic availabilty of healthcare. So it's a trade offf, it's one thing to say you have coverage it's another to actually have a place to use it. What you will end up getting from all this is a a healthcare system for the masses that is bloated suffers from poor quality for those that cannot afford decent coverage, and another one for those that can afford to pay for it. So if this is the system you all envisioned then you are going to get just that.

Every major industrial nation has healthcare, the only places that do not, are third world nations, and while the conservatives. republicans, and assorted libertarians would like, or simply don't care if America becomes a third world nation, people/society need to take care of each other. It is the human thing to do, it is the Christian thing to do, it the sane and sensible thing to do. Reactionary critics would still have us in the cave, progress moves forward even though there are lots of bumps along the way. Bravo, another step forward.

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems
Snapshots: Health Care Spending in the United States and OECD Countries - Kaiser Family Foundation

* Nearly 46 million Americans, or 18 percent of the population under the age of 65, were without health insurance in 2007, the latest government data available.1
* The number of uninsured rose 2.2 million between 2005 and 2006 and has increased by almost 8 million people since 2000.1
* The large majority of the uninsured (80 percent) are native or naturalized citizens.2 "

another reply by the local registered moron....

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

and almost half of them choose not to have it!

Every major industrial nation has healthcare, the only places that do not, are third world nations, and while the conservatives. republicans, and assorted libertarians would like, or simply don't care if America becomes a third world nation

and almost half of them choose not to have it!

this stupid son of a bitch should tell us why the liberals in California then dont care why they are helping turn S.Cal. into an extension of Mexico....a third world country....Midcant is such a hypercritical asshole....but he wont ever come out of the rectum he hides in to answer any questions about his neo-liberal bullshit he posts....

COME AND FACE YOUR CRITICS MIDCANT....

I find this attitude of well "because they have we should have it" as somwhat troublesome. If it has not escaped notice of all those proponents of healthcare insurance for all in this nation that like to use statistics so much , what nation has one of the highest murder rates in the world, accident rates in the world, and when you factor those in yes we don't score too well. However, I don't see a rush to cure those problems that when taken out of the scroring we rank at or near the top in about every catagory. One oher factor you don't hear much discussed among those that would like to say that well we are not the same as the rest of the world and that those nations that have healthcare save for Japan perhaps have long suffered chronic unemployment , and long term economic woes as a result. Further, although many of those nations may have coverage they lack in basic availabilty of healthcare. So it's a trade offf, it's one thing to say you have coverage it's another to actually have a place to use it. What you will end up getting from all this is a a healthcare system for the masses that is bloated suffers from poor quality for those that cannot afford decent coverage, and another one for those that can afford to pay for it. So if this is the system you all envisioned then you are going to get just that.

Navy, you are speaking of many nations that have a higher standard of living than we here in the US enjoy. And little Costa Rica can provide universal health care for it's citizens with a per capita income of only a tenth that of the US.

As far as you other objections go, have you actually looked at the various Health Care Systems in other nations? They are quite differant from each other in many ways. It is not a one fits all proposition. And all of them have longer average life spans, healthier old ages, and much lower infant mortality than we do here in the States.

I don't think the health care issue is really about health care, per say. If it were, why would Obama be pushing to get this thing through in the exact same rushing manner as the failouts and stim-u-less package? The main purpose of this is more government control over your life and your choices. You're a fool if you think otherwise.

Navy, you are speaking of many nations that have a higher standard of living than we here in the US enjoy. And little Costa Rica can provide universal health care for it's citizens with a per capita income of only a tenth that of the US.

As far as you other objections go, have you actually looked at the various Health Care Systems in other nations? They are quite differant from each other in many ways. It is not a one fits all proposition. And all of them have longer average life spans, healthier old ages, and much lower infant mortality than we do here in the States.

Do you know Rocks, I have been to a whole lot of places in the world and to be very honest with you, there is no place on the earth and that includes All of Europe, Asia, and pretty much most of the nations you can name, there is no place I would rather have my healthcare than the United States. One of the things that people never seem to graps when they cite these statistics is our nation also has many factors that add to those statistics such has a very high accident rate, a high murder rate, a high incidence of people over weight because of fast food, etc.. All of these things factor into your overall statistics of lifespan, etc. that the WHO used to measure this nation against others. So I for one am able to seperate that and then recognize that out nations health care quailty is second to none. Many cannot take that out of the mix , which is fine , but, to not address the factors that actually cause healthcare costs to rise and to simply in a ham handed manner mandate it across the board will not effect costs. You really want to know that this is going to accomplish Rocks I wil tell you. While it may lead to more people covered after a very long period of adjustment, what it will lead to is this, people who can afford quailty healthcare will be able to buy it and those with the govt. healthcare will be stuck with low quailty care. You will have the "HAVE's" and the HAVE NOTS" of healthcare when it comes to quailty and if this is the goal that you support then by all means be my guest. If you think this is not true take a look at Canada for example, even though they are illegal these private for profit clinics are popping up all over the place because, Govt. healthcare simply cannot provide the type of quailty helathcare people expect. I've said it many times and will continue to say it, in order to fix healthcare costs you need to address ALL the issues that effect costs and not just point a finger at one group of companies and cross your fingers and hope thats it. The other factor that seems to escape people that support this legislation is that A. it's not supported anywhere in the constitution and will likely meet a court challenge in many states B. this nation has a massive deficit and will likely lead this nation into bankruptcy C. It does not address any of the factors that actually cause healthcare costs to rise D. will add to an already large unemployment number..

So if healthcare is worth all that to you, then you Rocks and others what I might suggest as I always have is go to your state legislature and demand it be put on your next elections ballot by getting enough signatures. That way the residents of your state have spoken and you will get no complaints from me because your state will be paying for it's own citizens demands and not making others pay it for them.

Exactly--and people who REALLY care will be there to help them when the hospital kicks em to the curb.

What if nobody cares or if the sick person can't find anyone to help?

and little old Costa Rica has only 4 million people to take care of in an area the size Vermont....the county i live in has 3 million ....get real rocks...its not as easy as you pro-NHC people make it seem

Last edited:

Forum List

Back