A Muslim Brit nails it again on the New Zealand attack

Um. No. What they do in their own countries is their own business. I'm sorry you don't get this. I find it hilarious that the kind of bible thumping morons who get all upset they have to bake cakes now are mewling about how gays are treated there because the Zionists and Oil Companies told them they had to be upset about that.

Yep.

You will also notice how their supremacist narrative is all atwitter about how "we" have democratic self-governance, "We the People", and all that highfalutin stuff. Those people don't have that, just look how "backward" they are, how they are letting themselves be governed by despicable autocrats (no matter we installed them, or propped them up, funded and / or armed them - the Shah, Mubarak / Al Sisi, the House of Saud...). Just... when they actually get a vote, and vote their preferences in a way of which we don't approve (Hamas, Hezbollah, Ahmadinejad...), all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

Of course, you could argue, with lots of evidence behind it, that supremacism is a constituent part of the old (and undying) imperialist mindset, and figures like Mr. Nawaz are a god-send, for they help decry Those people for the ills and agony we, the West, by and large inflicted upon them. Of course, that works all the better in case a notoriously short attention span allows for history to be repeated over and over and over again. Problem is, Those people do pay attention, and they do have long memories, and, quite understandably, they rally around the one ideological stance that would provide a clear counter-narrative to the imperialist mindset and the self-serving meddling into their affairs. And that's why Mr. Nawaz and the Macs of this world - treating Those people like children who need to be lectured to, disciplined, or worse - are such a deleterious force: They and their meddling and lecturing make Muslims advocating for "Western" reforms in the Muslim world look like Quislings.

I don't think I could have said it better. and I've tried.

I think Mr. Nawaz serves the same function as guys like Ben Carson do to the MAGA crowd. They validate their own prejudices, without forcing them to understand their point of view.

Holy crap, does he ever nail it here:
quote-once-you-subscribe-to-an-ideological-dogma-as-a-solution-to-certain-grievances-it-then-maajid-nawaz-147-68-69.jpg

Mac thought this was deep thinking here and thought this dude nailed it. That was his epiphany....this dude really nails it here. No kidding Mac. Let's see this applied to any ideological dogma shall we, and just un-fancy up the wording here.

"Once you subscribe to White Supremacism as the solution to all problems in America, it then frames your mindset"

Wow I'm gonna fall off the couch that's so profound. Shall we try another?

"Once you subscribe to Sharia Law as the solution to all of modern life, it then frames your mindset."

WHOA another deep thought. See what I mean?

quote-once-you-subscribe-to-an-ideological-dogma-as-a-solution-to-certain-grievances-it-then-maajid-nawaz-147-68-69.jpg

Mac thought this was deep thinking here and thought this dude nailed it. That was his epiphany....this dude really nails it here. No kidding Mac. Let's see this applied to any ideological dogma shall we, and just un-fancy up the wording here.

"Once you subscribe to White Supremacism as the solution to all problems in America, it then frames your mindset"

"Once you subscribe to Sharia Law as the solution to all of modern life, it then frames your mindset."

Damn.

You're just too smart for me.

Damn.

You're just too smart for me.

Doubtful. But do not claim that someone who is a Muslim, just not a radical Muslim, is some kind of intelligent scholar because he pumps out word salad like this. Bucking your radical religion does not make you automatically a MENSA member. So let's not pretend it does. Or certainly THIS quote does not prove that it does.

It does make you courageous, however. I will give him that.

Give Mr. Sellout his little rub on the head.

yes, it's their ideology that's the problem, not that we stole their land and bombed their homes.

The funniest thing about that is, of course, that Mac will never see how that describes his own good self to a T.

Again....every thread he's involved in; regardless with whom he is arguing....ends up....

ACT I "I''m trying to understand" (pretending to entertain your thesis)

ACT II "You're wrong" (regardless of what you say)

ACT III "Good to see I'm 'in your head' " (which apparently means if you respond to his nonsense, somehow he is 'in your head' "

yes, it's their ideology that's the problem, not that we stole their land and bombed their homes.

The funniest thing about that is, of course, that Mac will never see how that describes his own good self to a T.

Again....every thread he's involved in; regardless with whom he is arguing....ends up....

ACT III "Good to see I'm 'in your head' " (which apparently means if you respond to his nonsense, somehow he is 'in your head' "
Dang.

ANOTHER one who is too smart for me.

I am humiliated. And mortified.

Dang.

ANOTHER one who is too smart for me.

I am humiliated. And mortified.

Acting like a child is beneath most people...even yourself.

Doubtful. But do not claim that someone who is a Muslim, just not a radical Muslim, is some kind of intelligent scholar because he pumps out word salad like this. Bucking your radical religion does not make you automatically a MENSA member. So let's not pretend it does. Or certainly THIS quote does not prove that it does.

It does make you courageous, however. I will give him that.

I thought you'd like this guy. He spends most of his time pandering to Islamophobic Twats like you.

Again, i have the perfect plan for peace. INstead of bribing poor kids with
college educations that never happen, we have a universal draft and create an elite airborne unit made up of the kids of the rich, the politicians and the Washington Pundits. Said Elite Airborne Unit will be the first deployed to any war zone.

Betcha we suddenly become a LOT more understanding of the Islamic point of view after that.

Yep.

Let's try this one:

"Once you subscribe to the dogma that 'it's the left and right fringes against the rest', it then frames your mindset."

... and then you will see any criticism from the left and / or the right as solidifying the dogma.

No matter that there is no left fringe of any import or influence in the U.S. of A., whereas the right fringe tipped the balance to bring the right fringe - Bannon, Steven Miller, Pompeo, Bolton, Trump, etc. - to power. No matter in fact it's the anti-fact, anti-science, anti-equity, homophobic, misogynist, nativist, islamophobic right against the rest of the U.S. of A.

And let's also bear in mind that it's very likely the fact that one is of a certain mindset, given to a dogmatic approach to the world, that makes one subscribe to a dogma in the first place - as opposed to letting oneself be guided by facts and a thorough analysis of data and reality. Because a dogma provides certainty, and easy judgments, whereas the fact-based community is notoriously and inevitably uncertain, not least because of the awareness that their knowledge is never complete and their judgment never final.

Wow, this is pretty powerful. Nawaz interviews a former jihadist who at one time had a plan to assassinate him:

1:48 -- "And I actually had two potential targets for assassination as well, and sadly you were one of them".

Holy crap. No pun intended.

You wouldn't be feeding into the "Muslims are terrorists" narrative, using a murder that didn't happen, to cover for a White supremacist terrorist and bury his mass murder. Or would you?

Wow, this is pretty powerful. Nawaz interviews a former jihadist who at one time had a plan to assassinate him:

1:48 -- "And I actually had two potential targets for assassination as well, and sadly you were one of them".

You wouldn't be feeding into the "Muslims are terrorists" narrative, using a murder that didn't happen, to cover for a White supremacist terrorist and bury his mass murder. Or would you?
The man reformed.

You know, the thing you're against.

The regressive left meme started because Sam Harris thought he was being unfairly treated by people who were lobbing the islamaphobe epithet at him. He thought it was being used as a means to silence any criticism he might have about Islam. And there is truth in that.

So they came up with the regressive left meme as a way to combat it. Unfortunately it doesn't solve anything, it merely has the same effect as that which he wanted to combat.

The part that pissed me off was that it was being used to silence any criticisms of Western foreign policy. I didn't understand until yesterday that Nawaz's funding, for a period, was coming from Western governments. So now that adds up.

The OP has no idea what he is doing. He is only here to confirm his bias and is quite open about it.

They basically created a monster. Someone with no ability to think critically and repeats what he is told to repeat.

The man reformed.

You know, the thing you're against.

That would be a deflection and non-answer, followed by a lie about me. Thanks.

The regressive left meme started because Sam Harris thought he was being unfairly treated by people who were lobbing the islamaphobe epithet at him. He thought it was being used as a means to silence any criticism he might have about Islam. And there is truth in that.

So they came up with the regressive left meme as a way to combat it. Unfortunately it doesn't solve anything, it merely has the same effect as that which he wanted to combat.

The part that pissed me off was that it was being used to silence any criticisms of Western foreign policy. I didn't understand until yesterday that Nawaz's funding, for a period, was coming from Western governments. So now that adds up.

The OP has no idea what he is doing. He is only here to confirm his bias and is quite open about it.

They basically created a monster. Someone with no ability to think critically and repeats what he is told to repeat.

To be honest, with much of the above I don't quite know where I stand. Harris seems like a pop philosopher to me, short on genuine insights, but long on self-promotion. Nawaz seems like his little brother. Both seem quite adept at cooking up victim narratives (Mac loves them for it) in order to justify lashing out at whoever disagrees with them (Mac studiously follows their example).

That said, there are few words truer than we "created a monster." At the root of radicalized, political Islam stands Western interference, starting with Lebanon, Syria and Iraq set up specifically and deliberately to be weak and unstable, mollycoddling and financing the House of Saud while fanning the Sunni-Shia divide, and not ending with financing, training, and arming Muslim terrorists in Afghanistan.

That said, whoever sits safely in the West and points fingers at "Islam" should be aware there are millions upon millions of fingers very justifiably pointing back at us. So yes, there's a lot about "Western foreign policy" that needs to be decried, loudly, persistently. And, not to forget, the left quite usually opts to change the things we can actually change, and that would be our, the West's, foreign policy. Let's not be distracted or discouraged by the rightarded howls that, in so doing, we are "siding with Them". We are not. Let's rather expose Nawaz and Harris as the ludicrous, self-serving propagandists they are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back