A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012

It's not a black or white issue ;imho; the rules are so tilted in favor of the two major parties that it's utterly ridiculous, couple that with the "lesser of evil" mindset and you get "screwed in the ass".

I am a life long Republican who voted third party in 08 and probably will this year and may end up in 2012 doing it but with the closed primary system, third parties having to spend so much time getting on the ballots, not getting in the debates, not having near the money, it's a climb that rivals Mt. Everest trying to overcome.

I'm going to remain in the GOP and work within the rules of the game to try and change things however, I am a RINO, I owe no alliance to a Party, especially one that has betrayed my trust as much as those scoundrels within the GOP establishment has.

Last edited:
Gary Johnson and John McCain are miles apart in their positions on Abortion. John McCain moved far to the right when he won the nomination on the Abortion issue. He definitely changed from 2000.

Do you care about the facts at all?

mccain 2000 would have been a good choice. mccain 2008 was too busy pandering to the right.

which was a crying shame.

Because no democrats pander to the left, right?

Obama didn't pander to the left AT ALL :rolleyes:

It's not a black or white issue ;imho; the rules are so tilted in favor of the two major parties that it's utterly ridiculous, couple that with the "lesser of evil" mindset and you get "screwed in the ass".

I am a life long Republican who voted third party in 08 and probably will this year and may end up in 2012 doing it but with the closed primary system, third parties having to spend so much time getting on the ballots, not getting in the debates, not having near the money, it's a climb that rivals Mt. Everest trying to overcome.

I'm going to remain in the GOP and work within the rules of the game to try and change things however, I am a RINO, I own no alliance to a Party, especially one that has portrayed my trust as much as those scoundrels within the GOP establishment has.
I don't worry about 3rd parties until the general. Usually there's at least one good candidate in the republican pool during the primary, and I'm talking about all elections, not just president. Here in NJ we've had a bunch of great candidates to vote for in various different primaries. Steve Lonegan came DAMN CLOSE to winning the nomination for governor. He's about as good a conservative as you can get.

I'm going to remain in the GOP and work within the rules of the game to try and change things however, I am a RINO, I own no alliance to a Party, especially one that has portrayed my trust as much as those scoundrels within the GOP establishment has.
I don't worry about 3rd parties until the general. Usually there's at least one good candidate in the republican pool during the primary, and I'm talking about all elections, not just president. Here in NJ we've had a bunch of great candidates to vote for in various different primaries. Steve Lonegan came DAMN CLOSE to winning the nomination for governor. He's about as good a conservative as you can get.

Yeah, we'll win some this year and lose some but I think the social/neo sector is losing their grip;slowly but surely; and that alone sends a tingle up my leg:tongue:

Gary Johnson and John McCain are miles apart in their positions on Abortion. John McCain moved far to the right when he won the nomination on the Abortion issue. He definitely changed from 2000.

mccain 2000 would have been a good choice. mccain 2008 was too busy pandering to the right.

i think obama spends too much time pandering to the right. :thup:

sorrry.... suddeny opposing reproductive choice and picking palin and sounding like a raging loon on iraq/iran and the economy was a no-go.

besides, he's a neo-con... i'd have thought you'd hate him.

oh wait,.... that was just to take any dig.

no worries.

Last edited:

i think obama spends too much time pandering to the right. :thup:

sorrry.... suddeny opposing reproductive choice and picking palin and sounding like a raging loon on iraq/iran and the economy was a no-go.

besides, he's a neo-con... i'd have thought you'd hate him.

oh wait,.... that was just to take any dig.

no worries.

jill you ought to know better than most here that I wouldn't have voted for McCain even if there was a gun to my head.

I voted 3rd party in 08.

but she was right in the sense that McCain DID pander to the right, because he wasnt really that conservative
and no one really fell for it in the sense they expected him to govern as a conservative

Last edited:

but she was right in the sense that McCain DID pander to the right, because he wasnt really that conservative
and no one really fell for it in the sense they expected him to govern as a conservative

You know what is funny. McCain has always been called a maverick for not marchin lockstep with the party. He gets called a RINO for it. Palin gloms on to the term when she is his running mate and boasts about standing up to the party too and she is praised at the poster child of conservatism. Double standard?

You know what is funny. McCain has always been called a maverick for not marchin lockstep with the party. He gets called a RINO for it. Palin gloms on to the term when she is his running mate and boasts about standing up to the party too and she is praised at the poster child of conservatism. Double standard?
i think Palin is more conservative than McCain
anhd the fact that she took on corrupt politicians in her own party in AK is something that should give her some credibility
but, shes not my choice at this point because she caved in to the dem smear machine and then left without fixing the mess she created that allowed her to be smeared

i think Palin is more conservative than McCain
anhd the fact that she took on corrupt politicians in her own party in AK is something that should give her some credibility
but, shes not my choice at this point because she caved in to the dem smear machine and then left without fixing the mess she created that allowed her to be smeared

I always liked listening to Palin. She didnt come off as polished and professional--iow a typical politician, which is what people complain about.
So of course people have to complain she isn't polished and professional.
But I agree she lost credibility as a candidate when she quit being governor. And her speech explaining her decision was simply bizarre.

Forum List

Back