A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Imagine a successful two-term Republican governor with a credible small government record, a demonstrated commitment to civil liberties, skepticism about foreign wars, a longstanding determination to right America's fiscal ship, evidence of competent management skills in the public and private sectors, and an utter lack of ugly populist rhetoric during the whole of his substantial time in public life. You'd think he'd be a God send for tea partiers and civil libertarians, a possibility to win the GOP nomination in 2012, and an appealing alternative for those of us who think that given a sane alternative Barack Obama doesn't deserve another term.

That attractive, reality-based Republican exists! His name is Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico.

A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012 - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Out of all the GOP candidates, Gary Johnson is probably the one I'd have the best shot of voting for. However, the chance of a Pro Choice rights Republican winning the nomination alone is slim to none. Never mind the rest of his positions.

Imagine a successful two-term Republican governor with a credible small government record, a demonstrated commitment to civil liberties, skepticism about foreign wars, a longstanding determination to right America's fiscal ship, evidence of competent management skills in the public and private sectors, and an utter lack of ugly populist rhetoric during the whole of his substantial time in public life. You'd think he'd be a God send for tea partiers and civil libertarians, a possibility to win the GOP nomination in 2012, and an appealing alternative for those of us who think that given a sane alternative Barack Obama doesn't deserve another term.

That attractive, reality-based Republican exists! His name is Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico.

A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012 - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

an interesting choice along with Andrew's opinions makes this worth looking into, even if only for entertainment value.

Out of all the GOP candidates, Gary Johnson is probably the one I'd have the best shot of voting for. However, the chance of a Pro Choice rights Republican winning the nomination alone is slim to none. Never mind the rest of his positions.

LOL McCain was not exactly Anti Abortion dude.

Do you people care about facts at all?

Gary Johnson and John McCain are miles apart in their positions on Abortion. John McCain moved far to the right when he won the nomination on the Abortion issue. He definitely changed from 2000.

Do you care about the facts at all?

I agree abortion will hold him back in winning the Republican nomination, though I doubt he supports public funding for abortion. So I'm guessing that's the bone he'd throw to the Republicans as far as abortion goes. His stance on marijuana would also hold him back, because that's the issue everyone wants to talk to him about.

The fact that a nitwit like Juniorbert finds him attractive is reason enough not to vote for him
Haley Barbour, Mitch Daniels would be good choices.

The fact that a nitwit like Juniorbert finds him attractive is reason enough not to vote for him

The fact the Racist Sexist Rabbi supports such people would make anyone back away. :eusa_whistle:

The term Andrew used is (along with his personal opinions) 'viable' :eusa_whistle:

I agree.

It is something worth looking into.

can't stay on topic?

:lol:

The fact the Racist Sexist Rabbi supports such people would make anyone back away. :eusa_whistle:

Do they make your skin crawl, junior? Do you just want to barf all over? Do they gross you out, like totally?
Good. That's a good sign they'd be just the ticket. Punks like you can go soak their heads for giving us Obama.

Do they make your skin crawl, junior? Do you just want to barf all over? Do they gross you out, like totally?
Good. That's a good sign they'd be just the ticket. Punks like you can go soak their heads for giving us Obama.

please :anj_stfu:

you are always :offtopic::ahole-1:

Olympia Snowe 2012

As VP breaking Palin's glass ceiling? :lol:

When Palin took the stage with McCain she referenced Clinton and a glass ceiling. Only problem was Hillary wasn't standing by in the shadow of a male. As we all knew (except maybe Palin) Hillary was running for President of the United States of America, not VP.

Forum List

Back