A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012

He may be pro choice but he supports returning the issue to the States, he is personally pro choice but actually;from what I understand; was a pro life Governor supported by the pro life community.

He may be pro choice but he supports returning the issue to the States, he is personally pro choice but actually;from what I understand; was a pro life Governor supported by the pro life community.

Like I said if he's pro-abortion he won't get my vote no matter how many other issues I may agree with him on.

A pro-abortion candidate will never get my vote.

This is why the right will never get a good candidate in high office.

Because of idiots like you who turn one issue into an absolute deal breaker. And not even all that IMPORTANT of an issue, either.

The man defers to the states on an issue like abortion. What's so fucking bad about that? While the entire country is crumbling around us and we're on the brink of default, you only care about a stupid fucking wedge issue like abortion.

It's people like YOU who are ruining it for conservatism.

Because of idiots like you who turn one issue into an absolute deal breaker. And not even all that IMPORTANT of an issue, either.

The man defers to the states on an issue like abortion. What's so fucking bad about that? While the entire country is crumbling around us and we're on the brink of default, you only care about a stupid fucking wedge issue like abortion.

Injecting morals into the mix has to be one of the most divisive things to have happened to the GOP and conservative in the past 30 years or so, we have not been this disorganized since Watergate.

Injecting morals into the mix has to be one of the most divisive things to have happened to the GOP and conservative in the past 30 years or so, we have not been this disorganized since Watergate.

I personally don't care what my president thinks about abortion as long as he doesn't try and make it a federal issue either way.

States get to define their murder laws and penalties, and it should be the same with abortion.

I personally don't care what my president thinks about abortion as long as he doesn't try and make it a federal issue either way.

States get to define their murder laws and penalties, and it should be the same with abortion.

I agree.

I've had my eye on Johnson for a year or so now. He has my support if he decides to run. We need a real conservative who supports the constitution rather than paying lip service like the rest.

Flag Burning, Gay Marriage, and Abortion are the reason that Conservatives and Christians aren't taken seriously in the GOP. Why on Earth should the GOP listen to the Conservatives and Christians when you just have to parrot the right words every so often and lock in their vote. What's funny is you don't actually have to DO anything on those issues. You just have to say you will.

The reason a Flag Burning ammenment, an Anti-Abortion ammendment, and an anti Gay Marriage ammendment will never actually happen is because as long as the issue is unresolved the GOP has a lock down on the Conservative and Christian Voting block.

I'll check this guy out. Obama hardly has my vote locked for 2012, and I'd like a reasonable Republican to vote for.

Mitch Daniels could work out, but I doubt he'll survive at the nation level. At this point Jindal is toast when it comes to national office. Palin is a joke. So it has to be someone unknown but politically reasonable, or Mitt. Anyone else and the GOP is probably in trouble in 2012.

Flag Burning, Gay Marriage, and Abortion are the reason that Conservatives and Christians aren't taken seriously in the GOP. Why on Earth should the GOP listen to the Conservatives and Christians when you just have to parrot the right words every so often and lock in their vote. What's funny is you don't actually have to DO anything on those issues. You just have to say you will.

The reason a Flag Burning ammenment, an Anti-Abortion ammendment, and an anti Gay Marriage ammendment will never actually happen is because as long as the issue is unresolved the GOP has a lock down on the Conservative and Christian Voting block.

The religious right has been bent over the barrel so many times to secure votes, they should be ashamed of being taken advantage of so much.

Johnson popped up on my radar just prior to my move to Albuquerque late last year. Pretty interesting cat. I'll be keeping my eye on him over the next year, see what happens...

lots of us will. I can't wait until somebody asks him what he thinks of the Tea Party whackos trying to hijack the GOP. that will show what he is made of.:eusa_whistle:

SFReeper.com— Tea Party On With Former Gov. Gary Johnson: ‘People Are Genuinely Outraged’

He's pro-Tea Party.

Imagine a successful two-term Republican governor with a credible small government record, a demonstrated commitment to civil liberties, skepticism about foreign wars, a longstanding determination to right America's fiscal ship, evidence of competent management skills in the public and private sectors, and an utter lack of ugly populist rhetoric during the whole of his substantial time in public life. You'd think he'd be a God send for tea partiers and civil libertarians, a possibility to win the GOP nomination in 2012, and an appealing alternative for those of us who think that given a sane alternative Barack Obama doesn't deserve another term.

That attractive, reality-based Republican exists! His name is Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico.

A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012 - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Interesting. And I understand New Mexico is a well-run state.

Well, it was when he was Governor.

The religious right has been bent over the barrel so many times to secure votes, they should be ashamed of being taken advantage of so much.

I'm actually amazed that alliance has held up. After so many times you'd have thought the Christian Coalition would have made good and gone third party. Ditto the Conservatives.

I guess the line from Star Wars is right: "Fear will keep them in line..."... only in this case the Conservatives and the Christian Coalition are so scared of Democrats they'll vote for anyone with an "R", despite the fact they're pretty much the same guys.

That's a shame, since I don't personally see abortion as a major issue. And really, it doesn't matter if you're pro-life or pro-choice. What have all these so-called pro-life politicians gotten accomplished over the years since Roe? Absolutely nothing. They simply use the issue to rally the base.

Sucks to be you.

Killing an innocent life is important to me. And I won't support anyone that doesn't share that POV and whether you like it or not I have that right.

I'm actually amazed that alliance has held up. After so many times you'd have thought the Christian Coalition would have made good and gone third party. Ditto the Conservatives.

I guess the line from Star Wars is right: "Fear will keep them in line..."... only in this case the Conservatives and the Christian Coalition are so scared of Democrats they'll vote for anyone with an "R", despite the fact they're pretty much the same guys.

Baby, I love you. I didn't mean to hurt you. I promise I'll never hit you again. Now make me a sammich.

That's a shame, since I don't personally see abortion as a major issue. And really, it doesn't matter if you're pro-life or pro-choice. What have all these so-called pro-life politicians gotten accomplished over the years since Roe? Absolutely nothing. They simply use the issue to rally the base.

I'm pro-life myself. That's why its not an issue for me at the voting box. At this point I don't trust a politician to push the issue or change things one way or another.

I'm pro-life myself. That's why its not an issue for me at the voting box. At this point I don't trust a politician to push the issue or change things one way or another.

I am as well, but it's not a deal breaker for me if somebody is pro-choice. Especially when that person wouldn't approve any federal funding for abortions and believes the issue belongs with the states. Not to mention that if Republicans were really interested in ending abortion then 2000 - 2006 would have been a good time to do that.

Forum List

Back