A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012

I thought Obama was running on the Democratic ticket. Or are you just anticipating his prospects will be that bad he wouldn't dare run again?

Got to figure Olympia Snowe would make a better candidate than anyone the Tea Baggers would support...

She would destroy Sarah Palin in a debate

She'd destroy Obama in a debate too. Heck, anyone would with his record.

:cuckoo:

troll shit and idiocy?

congrats, you've outdone yourself.

now fuck off
:eusa_whistle:

Imagine a successful two-term Republican governor with a credible small government record, a demonstrated commitment to civil liberties, skepticism about foreign wars, a longstanding determination to right America's fiscal ship, evidence of competent management skills in the public and private sectors, and an utter lack of ugly populist rhetoric during the whole of his substantial time in public life. You'd think he'd be a God send for tea partiers and civil libertarians, a possibility to win the GOP nomination in 2012, and an appealing alternative for those of us who think that given a sane alternative Barack Obama doesn't deserve another term.

That attractive, reality-based Republican exists! His name is Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico.

A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012 - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

an interesting choice along with Andrew's opinions makes this worth looking into, even if only for entertainment value.

Good thread idea Kevin. Too bad the right wing loons have hijacked it.

---

usmbfrankshieldtranspar.png

Johnson popped up on my radar just prior to my move to Albuquerque late last year. Pretty interesting cat. I'll be keeping my eye on him over the next year, see what happens...

Johnson popped up on my radar just prior to my move to Albuquerque late last year. Pretty interesting cat. I'll be keeping my eye on him over the next year, see what happens...

lots of us will. I can't wait until somebody asks him what he thinks of the Tea Party whackos trying to hijack the GOP. that will show what he is made of.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Out of all the GOP candidates, Gary Johnson is probably the one I'd have the best shot of voting for. However, the chance of a Pro Choice rights Republican winning the nomination alone is slim to none. Never mind the rest of his positions.

LOL McCain was not exactly Anti Abortion dude.

Do you people care about facts at all?
McCain (since tipping-his-hat to Desperationland) hasn't been Pro or Anti ANYTHING!

He's become an average, ordinary, garde-variety Opportunist, just like Joe Scarborough!!! (...Jumping on whichever bandwagon is gaining speed.)

Hell....his only political-accomplishment ('cause it paid-off, so well) was being in the pilot's seat (of a jet that was shot-down).​

The fact that a nitwit like Juniorbert finds him attractive is reason enough not to vote for him
Haley Barbour, Mitch Daniels would be good choices.

The fact the Racist Sexist Rabbi supports such people would make anyone back away. :eusa_whistle:

Do they make your skin crawl, junior? Do you just want to barf all over? Do they gross you out, like totally?
Good. That's a good sign they'd be just the ticket. Punks like you can go soak their heads for giving us Obama.
I'd say a Republican Presidunce had a little-more to do, with a Dem-win, in '08.

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

I thought Obama was running on the Democratic ticket. Or are you just anticipating his prospects will be that bad he wouldn't dare run again?

Got to figure Olympia Snowe would make a better candidate than anyone the Tea Baggers would support...

She would destroy Sarah Palin in a debate

She'd destroy Obama in a debate too. Heck, anyone would with his record.
That's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh??

:rolleyes:

Imagine a successful two-term Republican governor with a credible small government record, a demonstrated commitment to civil liberties, skepticism about foreign wars, a longstanding determination to right America's fiscal ship, evidence of competent management skills in the public and private sectors, and an utter lack of ugly populist rhetoric during the whole of his substantial time in public life. You'd think he'd be a God send for tea partiers and civil libertarians, a possibility to win the GOP nomination in 2012, and an appealing alternative for those of us who think that given a sane alternative Barack Obama doesn't deserve another term.

That attractive, reality-based Republican exists! His name is Gary Johnson, former governor of New Mexico.

Interesting. And I understand New Mexico is a well-run state.

Interesting. And I understand New Mexico is a well-run state.

From what I understand, it was a well run state. From what I've heard and seen in the last few months, not so much these last few years.

Forum List

Back