A Man Who Deserves To Be Viable in 2012

That's a shame, since I don't personally see abortion as a major issue. And really, it doesn't matter if you're pro-life or pro-choice. What have all these so-called pro-life politicians gotten accomplished over the years since Roe? Absolutely nothing. They simply use the issue to rally the base.

I'm pro-life myself. That's why its not an issue for me at the voting box. At this point I don't trust a politician to push the issue or change things one way or another.

I am as well, but it's not a deal breaker for me if somebody is pro-choice. Especially when that person wouldn't approve any federal funding for abortions and believes the issue belongs with the states. Not to mention that if Republicans were really interested in ending abortion then 2000 - 2006 would have been a good time to do that.

The GOP showed me how "pro life" they were when Ron Paul introduced the Sanctity of Life Act and it didn't even make it to a vote when they had control of Congress and Bush was in the WH, if Ron Paul is anything, he's good at showcasing their BS.

I'm pro-life myself. That's why its not an issue for me at the voting box. At this point I don't trust a politician to push the issue or change things one way or another.

I am as well, but it's not a deal breaker for me if somebody is pro-choice. Especially when that person wouldn't approve any federal funding for abortions and believes the issue belongs with the states. Not to mention that if Republicans were really interested in ending abortion then 2000 - 2006 would have been a good time to do that.

The GOP showed me how "pro life" they were when Ron Paul introduced the Sanctity of Life Act and it didn't even make it to a vote when they had control of Congress and Bush was in the WH, if Ron Paul is anything, he's good at showcasing their BS.

Amen brother! There are all the red meat issues that get up each election cycle to garner votes. Folks get elected and.........nothing. Yet, next election cycle they trot out the same red meat issues and get reelected. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Bush was in office for 8 years and Republicans controlled Congress for 6 years. If they were honestly serious about all those issues they claimed during elections.....how come they did squat about them while elected?

We need a Ron Paul or a Gary Johnson who will make needed changes for a smaller government and lower tazes instead of the same old shit the both parties keep trotting out.

Amen brother! There are all the red meat issues that get up each election cycle to garner votes. Folks get elected and.........nothing. Yet, next election cycle they trot out the same red meat issues and get reelected. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Bush was in office for 8 years and Republicans controlled Congress for 6 years. If they were honestly serious about all those issues they claimed during elections.....how come they did squat about them while elected?

We need a Ron Paul or a Gary Johnson who will make needed changes for a smaller government and lower tazes instead of the same old shit the both parties keep trotting out.

Yep, I mean they didn't even bring it to a vote and people think I'm going to keep swallowing that bullshit..puh leese!:talktothehand:

A pro-abortion candidate will never get my vote.

That's a shame, since I don't personally see abortion as a major issue. And really, it doesn't matter if you're pro-life or pro-choice. What have all these so-called pro-life politicians gotten accomplished over the years since Roe? Absolutely nothing. They simply use the issue to rally the base.
abortion is a states rights issue
i support putting it back to the states to decide

A pro-abortion candidate will never get my vote.

I agree, and so does Gary Johnson. That being said, no Republican politician is willing to touch the issue other than on the campaign trail.

Not to mention that if Republicans were really interested in ending abortion then 2000 - 2006 would have been a good time to do that.

Yeah, if they weren't going to do it then, then they were never going to at all.

I'm not sure they've ever had an easier shot at it than that.

And this is why Lonestar Logic is a moron.

He swallows that bullshit hook line and sinker.

You fucking dumbass :lol:

Not to mention that if Republicans were really interested in ending abortion then 2000 - 2006 would have been a good time to do that.

Yeah, if they weren't going to do it then, then they were never going to at all.

Which just goes to show that they're not willing to touch the issue. They need it to be an issue so they can run against it.

Which just goes to show that they're not willing to touch the issue. They need it to be an issue so they can run against it.
i agree
which is partly why i have been pissed off at the GOP for years
but, that doesnt mean i want someone totally against what i stand for either (AKA Democrats)

Same thing with Gay Marriage and everything else. It's the same thing with this Mosque issue currently.

i agree
but, that doesnt mean i want someone totally against what i stand for either (AKA Democrats)
So then stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and choose a 3rd party candidate.

i agree
So then stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and choose a 3rd party candidate.
then i end up with the worst of the bunch
give the option of getting someone like Snowe and Collins vs someone like Pingree, i'l take Snowe and Collins

i agree
give the option of getting someone like Snowe and Collins vs someone like Pingree, i'l take Snowe and Collins
Can you explain to me how the republican rule was any better than now?

They cut taxes and didn't cut spending. Now we've borrowed so much fucking money they we will have to have taxes raised on us to pay for the shortfalls.

Bush spent 700 billion to bail out the banks, Obama spent 700 billion to bail out unions.

It's all the fucking same, my man.

They cut taxes and didn't cut spending. Now we've borrowed so much fucking money they we will have to have taxes raised on us to pay for the shortfalls.

Bush spent 700 billion to bail out the banks, Obama spent 700 billion to bail out unions.

so you would vote in a way that means the person you want to win LEAST is the one that wins?

sorry, i cant do that

so you would vote in a way that means the person you want to win LEAST is the one that wins?

sorry, i cant do that

That's why we fail as an electorate.

sorry, i cant do that

its the reality that a plurality of voters will vote for either a dem or the GOP
when you have at least 34% that will vote for either of the two major parties, you do NOT have a viable 3rd option
you show me a 3rd party that can get over 34% of the vote and you MIGHT have a point
till then, i will vote for the lesser of 2 evils
and i will try harder to get better candidates in the primaries

sorry, i cant do that

Well I can't speak for Paulie, but it's not about who I want to win more or less for me. For McCain or Obama, they were essentially the same, so I couldn't have really decided who I wanted more or less.

I agree, and so does Gary Johnson. That being said, no Republican politician is willing to touch the issue other than on the campaign trail.
:lol:

sorry, i cant do that

its the reality that a plurality of voters will vote for either a dem or the GOP
when you have at least 34% that will vote for either of the two major parties, you do NOT have a viable 3rd option
you show me a 3rd party that can get over 34% of the vote and you MIGHT have a point
till then, i will vote for the lesser of 2 evils
and i will try harder to get better candidates in the primaries

This is the kind of herd mentality that keeps fucking us in the ass.

I'm just sayin.

At some point, the herd needs to wake up. Don't be afraid to lead the pack.

Gary Johnson and John McCain are miles apart in their positions on Abortion. John McCain moved far to the right when he won the nomination on the Abortion issue. He definitely changed from 2000.

Do you care about the facts at all?

mccain 2000 would have been a good choice. mccain 2008 was too busy pandering to the right.

which was a crying shame.

Forum List

Back